• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

**ToS Presents: CLASH OF THE TITANS Melee/Brawl Tourney - DISCUSS COT DATES NOW**

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
wow soo many new posts.

REGARDING RECORDING SETUPS!!! (since ppl are interested)

id rather not have a bunch of laptops setup since it makes a lot of extra wires messing up the place and we have to be careful with them so they dont get broken. i wont not allow ppl to bring them, but i prefer ppl not to. its at your own risk if you bring them. however, VCRs are perfectly accepted. im bringing one, but i havnt heard from others yet. if you have one, bring it. il provide blank tapes as im buying a 8 or 12 pack at target on black friday (i cant remember, but it was 8 or 12 for $5. i think 12 actually. the 8 im thinkn of is 12 8 hour tapes). theyl be ok to record anytime and can just run. il take em back and il worry about digitally encoding em and putting em online.

only problem is, since there are so many matches that will be recorded i have a couple guidelines for putting matches online. during signups i will be taking down everybodys 4 letter tag they use along with their name and nickname. its not required that its used in matches, but if you want a match recorded you need to have your 4 letter tag in it so i know whos playing. it will be best if both ppl have it on, but i understand some pros may want matches against scrubs who dont use tags lol. so on signups il also ask if you want your recorded matches online. if you say so, when i go through the tapes and see a tag, il check the records and if it says you want matches online, il encode that match. sorry for being a little strict about it, but when you have about 16 hours of recorded matches, you dont want to have to worry about who are playing in every match and if ppl even want it online.

complete results will be up saturday night (same night as the tournament), and videos will be whenever i can get to em. il try to as soon as i can, but i cant give a date yet since i dont kno how many there will be.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
I'll bust out Foxy Luv against you, and no SD's this time, amigo! Haha
lol yo that wud prolly be the funnest set in my tournament history!
lol yea and i will try my best 2 go combo crazy on that fox!!!

GOTM

Smash Champion
also, please remember that if anyone needs a ride from the absecon stop off nj transit, please let me know by tommorrow night, preferrably earlier on.

im not able to get anyone before like 10am, but if its around 10am, or a little bit after, i can pick you up. i gotta be at the place to setup thats why.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
also, please remember that if anyone needs a ride from the absecon stop off nj transit, please let me know by tommorrow night, preferrably earlier on.

im not able to get anyone before like 10am, but if its around 10am, or a little bit after, i can pick you up. i gotta be at the place to setup thats why.
for ppl goin to absecon u have to get the train that arrives there at 9:11. for AC its the same train but it arrives like 9:20 or somethin

what time where u goin gotm? i thought u were gonna get there like 9 45

GOTM

Smash Champion
im leavin my house at 9:30. it usually takes me around 20 mins to get there. but if i have to pick someone up before 9:30, its gonna be strugglin. i wont even like be up, lol.

so if its around 10am, or a lil bit before or after i can kill two birds with one stone

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
na like u leave whenever u do. if ppl have to wait then.... sorry lol. were doin what we can to help ppl out with rides

Beat

Smash Ace
Hey, how far is the venue from the train (which I assume can get me back to 30th)? Velocity is 99% likely going to be my ride to the tournament, but I'll probably have to leave shortly after doubles. Is there any way that one of you two can give me a quick hop to the train station if that's the case?

If I have to stay the whole time, I'm pretty sure I can't go at all...

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Hey, how far is the venue from the train (which I assume can get me back to 30th)? Velocity is 99% likely going to be my ride to the tournament, but I'll probably have to leave shortly after doubles. Is there any way that one of you two can give me a quick hop to the train station if that's the case?

If I have to stay the whole time, I'm pretty sure I can't go at all...
maybe like 10-15 min. me or scott cant do it, but ask anyone with a car. remember theres a break between singles and doubles

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh me and my friend want to go to this thing and i think we are going to take the train to absecon but... the train schedule is down ... or sumthin weird... so GOTM are you going to be on aim or sumthin maybe i can talk to you about this thing...

Penlen

Smash Rookie
Unfortunately, I'm going to be working until around 1:00 or 2:00 tomorrow. I won't be able to bring items for the setup in time for the tourny, but I'll still bring in a copy of Smash Bros. and/or a gamecube for friendlies if wanted.

magnebula

Smash Journeyman
sadly, i can no longer make it... ive known for a week, but forgot to mention it here. my manager at gamestop got the chicken pox and now i have to cover his shift... a rather poor reason to miss out on smash.. but ill try to make it to another tourney coming up

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
can sum1 help.... im tryin to find out how to get there through nj transit but the site is down... and im not sure how to get to absecon from newark.... so if any1 knows anything try to let me kno

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Take NE Corridor Line to Trenton.
Take NJ Transit Riverline to Walter Rand Transportation Center.
Take PATCO High Speed Line to Lindenwold.
Take NJ Transit Atlantic City Line to Absecon.

GFL with the weekend schedules. You better leave at like 7-8 or something.

Kirbykrew

Smash Journeyman
Strange, I never recalled saying I'd bring anything... I can't actually bring anything :p

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
-for everyone taking the train-

take the train to atlantic city, not absecon. gotm was going to be picking ppl up there, but is making a stop somewhere else. i will be picking people up at the atlantic city train station. its the same nj transit train, and its just one more stop. if im not mistaken the train arrives around 9:24am (meaning it leaves philly around 8am, so lindenwold around 8:30?), and i'll be picking people up around 9:40am. can someone leave their number, then il call you when i get there.

GOTM

Smash Champion
Um, I'm at the Econo prolly like a 5 minute drive from the venue, but um.....that's taking other streets. (I'm checking in tonight.) How long of a walk is that?
shouldnt be that long. im not exactly sure where that is but im sure someone could stop by and pick u up if it turns out to be a longer walk than expected if it is that close of a drive.

ill be arriving sometime soon after 10am to the venue, so give me a call if needed.

Beat

Smash Ace
Okay, I have a ride to the tournament, and a ride from the tournament to the station once I leave, but can anyone help me out with this?

How do I get back to Philly from the train station? What line, etc? Like with Septa there's the R1, R2... What do I take from this magical station to get back to Philly?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Okay, I have a ride to the tournament, and a ride from the tournament to the station once I leave, but can anyone help me out with this?

How do I get back to Philly from the train station? What line, etc? Like with Septa there's the R1, R2... What do I take from this magical station to get back to Philly?
at the station theres only one train. itl go from absecon (or whichever station ur leaving from) to philly

Beat

Smash Ace
at the station theres only one train. itl go from absecon (or whichever station ur leaving from) to philly
Can you give me the address of the station closest to the venue, and the address of the venue itself? I'd like to mapquest it or have Velocity put it in his GPS to make things easier, since he's being a saint and taking care of my car-less ***...

Thanks to whoever replies to this! Bedtime... I'll check in the morning!

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
sorry for the double post my phone is stupid. and i need help. im on my way to philly but the way the schedule is im not gonna be able to leave there until 11 so im definitely screwed. so if there is any philly or pa smashers that might be able to pick me up or somethin please try to contact me 908 494 7208

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Can you give me the address of the station closest to the venue, and the address of the venue itself? I'd like to mapquest it or have Velocity put it in his GPS to make things easier, since he's being a saint and taking care of my car-less ***...

Thanks to whoever replies to this! Bedtime... I'll check in the morning!
its the absecon train station. i dunno the address but its on njtransit.com

Eazy23

Smash Lord
nvm i already know! shoutouts later

BUt for now
I BEAT EGMM!!!!!!!!!! hahahahahaa shine faster eggmaster

Eazy23

Smash Lord
lol kingfeef good ish 2day, u shuda stayed for the tourny:(......counterpickin fd vs falco..goin link.... u got some bawls boy lol

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
il have full results soon. i just back back and i need to just chill for a few mins lol... long day.... i was at the place running it for just under 12 hours.
so ppl kno real quick b4 i get results up, top 3 was
Ryoko
Vanz
Reik

Top Bottom