• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top ten at Apex 2013 predictions.

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
Alright, so then stay in Socal and play board games with your best friends if you're gonna be a chode about practicing for Apex.
I hope he listens to you too.

@ SheerMadness, if we didn't express our fanboyism than what interest would Mango have playing this game.

He doesn't play this game so much for the money, but for the community.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
He clearly likes the attention you fan boys give him.

Why stay away from smash when your ego is constantly being stroked by an entire community?

So yah you're right, you fanboys prolly do keep him around. But it obviously doesn't motivate him to try.

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
He clearly likes the attention you fan boys give him.

Why stay away from smash when your ego is constantly being stroked by an entire community?
Because we care about him.
I mean when you are one of the best in the world, fanboys will always be there who will always support no matter of the players actions.

Michael Jordan was one of the best players in basketball, who carried many fanboys.
No matter what his performance is, people will always support him.

I know that analogy is not quite as accurate comparing Michael Jordan and Mango since Jordan had a no john attitude. But looking at it from a player perspective, that is why fanboys exist because of player greatness.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
if ones thing true i do only play for my fans

cause i dont play for myself anymore

ive done all ive needed 2 in my career

ALWAYS FOR THE FANS

<3 mango fans

SheerMadness

Smash Master
You fan boys can do what you want.

Your ego stroking does keep him around smash.

I'm just saying you might wanna re-evaluate whether begging someone to try their hardest is the best way to motivate them.

Me thinks not.

Landry

Smash Ace
If Mango goes hard I'll root for him to do well. Otherwise, whatever.

2013 is the year of PP anyway

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
if ones thing true i do only play for my fans

cause i dont play for myself anymore

ive done all ive needed 2 in my career

ALWAYS FOR THE FANS

<3 mango fans
If you're not first and foremost playing for yourself, I don't think it benefits you to play. Maybe you should just retire, if you feel you've achieved all you think you need to. At the end of the day, you're the only one that matters when deciding what you want to do concerning Melee. Just my 0.02.

Nice typo, Krynxe.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
i also play a lot for melee

i feel without me its just a bunch of homos being homo against each other

ROFLLL

D

Deleted member

it's like goku, the shirt has to come off before real power happens.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
More like Yamcha where he's not really relevant, but we all still love him. <3

Xyzz

Smash Champion
Mango can go all falcon or play whatever he feels are his best options... I don't care, Armada / Peepee have this. And they'll have a super amazing grand finals set or two like they always do <3

Also: lovage knows what's up, CS 1.3 da bess (and good till about 1.5 )... Thinking about that makes me feel so old lol :D

MaNg0

Smash Hero
ill win if i care

and if i dont care i wont

s!mple

my biggest threat is myself

will always be

4 lyfe

D

Deleted member

mango can go all falcon or play whatever he feels are his best options... I don't care, armada / peepee have this. And they'll have a super amazing grand finals set or two like they always do <3

also: Lovage knows what's up, cs 1.3 da bess (and good till about 1.5 )... Thinking about that makes me feel so old lol :d
1.5 > 1.3 > 1.6

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
After getting 3-0d by Armada last time, I really don't think Mango can win this tournament. I also hate the attitude of one of the best not caring about the game. i would love for him to go Falco(try hard or not) and place outside of top 5. That way we can all claim he is no longer the biggest threat for Armada's throne.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
i also play a lot for melee

i feel without me its just a bunch of homos being homo against each other

ROFLLL
Please just practice and try. I mean, I know it is a ***** move, but if you have to, go Falcon. It isn't a ***** move if people WANT to see the Falcon against Ahrmahdah. It is only a ***** move if you pick Fox and then switch.

You have the ability to win by a large margin while still remaining entertaining. I mean, you might've disappointed people in the past, and you can do whatever you want, but if you let anyone else win, it will be a huge blow to the community saying that aggression actually isn't the best option and everyone will start ledge stalling and bairing over and over and camping the ledge for easy kills.

Oh wait

And you don't want Hax to be right, do you?

The Star King

Smash Hero
lol @ the people who are mad tools and begging him to try

doing exactly what Mango wants, giving the attention he's seeking... some people

I can't blame Mango, but the tools... you guys need to get a grip

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
lol @ the people who are mad tools and begging him to try

doing exactly what Mango wants, giving the attention he's seeking... some people

I can't blame Mango, but the fanboys... blarg
He lost 2-3 crucial tournaments

for attention

K

Nobody is begging him. Just trying to reason. I don't want to watch bracket and then see a campy top 8. Its pretty simple.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
All I have to believe that Mango "trying" will have any difference is his own word. Of course, in retrospect anyone can say they weren't trying at this or that tournament. All I see is a fox, Falco, and Falcon losing to PP and Armada.

:phone:

jerflip

Smash Apprentice
All I have to believe that Mango "trying" will have any difference is his own word. Of course, in retrospect anyone can say they weren't trying at this or that tournament. All I see is a fox, Falco, and Falcon losing to PP and Armada.

:phone:
Exactly. To win a set vs. Armada/PP, you have to be trying. There's no way around it.

Top Bottom