• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top ten at Apex 2013 predictions.

dkuo

Smash Lord
1. PP all of my faith
2. Mango
3. Hbox
4. Armada oh god this is too controversial <______<
5. Kirbykaze
5. Axe yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
7. Javi
7. S2J
9. M2K
9. PPU
9. SFAT
9. Shroomed

probably the wackest predictions but w/e

13. dkuo

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
yo hbox be easy

these threads are not meant for us to read LOL

if you're still curious about what people think/main ideas just have someone you trust summarize the points and send them to you

otherwise it's just gonna be a lot of bad feels

this is coming from someone who plays the (second) most "evil" character in melee

alternate solution: trash talk the f*****s

Metakill

Smash Journeyman
0.- Ken
1.- Mango
2.- PP
3.- Javi/Hbox
4.- Hbox/Javi
5.- Armada
6.- Mew2King
7.- KirbyKaze
8.- Leffen
9.- Axe
10.- Hax

Javi 3rd if he knows better the puff matchup

Armada losing to Mango and hbox

Lovage

Smash Hero
it's true falco has become more hated than peach in the eyes of the community

this opinion formed entirely by overhearing random n00bs at big house 2

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Is there some results of Wobbles that I haven't seen that's making everyone place him so high?

No disrespect intended.
Where's the thank you for me and Axe carrying you, SFAT, and Mango through crews? Real talk son.

For real though. Top 10 at every major (I don't quit out of) isn't enough for you? WHAT DO YOU WANT DAJUAN. WHAT IS IT YOU WANT FROM ME.

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
1. Mango
2. Armada
3. PP
4. Hbox

--- <- everything above this line could go in any order

5. M2K
5. Javi
(7. Taj
7. Kage)
9. Axe
9. Unknown
9. Kirbykaze
9. Wobbles

Inside the parentheses is me severely overrating the top mains of my characters

Lovage

Smash Hero
Where's the thank you for me and Axe carrying you, SFAT, and Mango through crews? Real talk son.

For real though. Top 10 at every major (I don't quit out of) isn't enough for you? WHAT DO YOU WANT DAJUAN. WHAT IS IT YOU WANT FROM ME.
it's a prediction thread for the NEXT major

you know how melee goes

VoiD-

Smash Apprentice
1. Armada (obv, you guys are crazy)
2. Mango (would have put PP or Hbox here instead a while months ago maybe, but he's been doing great and it's hard to favor anyone over him outside of Armada at this point)
3. Hbox (close between him and PP, calling hbox with the minor upset though)
4. PP (see above)
5. M2K (will manage get top 5 no matter what as long as he doesn't ff)
5. Axe (maybe somewhat optimistic, but he's #1 in my heart)
7. KK (always places well)
7. Shroomed (solid)
9. S2J/Wobbles/two Foxes (probably two of Lovage/Unknown/Javi, maybe Leffen)

The Star King

Smash Hero
it's true falco has become more hated than peach in the eyes of the community

this opinion formed entirely by overhearing random n00bs at big house 2
But is Falco more hated than Sheik or Jigglypuff? This should be a poll.

I remember when Falco used to be cool lol

Divinokage

Smash Legend
yo hbox be easy

if you're still curious about what people think/main ideas just have someone you trust summarize the points and send them to you

this is coming from someone who plays the (second) most "evil" character in melee

The alternate solution is great, I do it all the time.

Tarv

Smash Journeyman
Just for the sake of throwing in my two cents:

1. Mango/Armada
2. Armada/Mango... Go Armangoada!
3. PPMD
4. Hbox
5. m2k
5. KK
7. Javi
7. Axe/Taj (not sure if Taj is going or not)
9. Shroomed
9. Kage
9. SFAT/Lovage/Lucky?/Jman??? some fox
9. Wobbles or Fly or ChuDat

JKJ

Smash Ace
1. Armada (I would love to see a really close set between him and Mango, though. WF last Apex between the two were kind of upsetting. Mango's been going tryhard as of late, so while I still would bet on Armada, he *could* clutch it out.)
2. Mango (See above)
3. Hungrybox (Although I do respect him immensely as a player and would love to see him beat Mango, those GF's get boring. I still watch all 90 minutes of them though, because boring doesn't mean you can't appreciate the intensity and importance of each hit. I wish him high placings, and I hope he can beat Armada's YL if they end up playing, to force Armada to use someone else, like IC's or Luigi. No more time outs please. Not blaming Hbox for them, it's equally his fault and Armada's, their playstyles are just matched up that way.)
4. Dr. Peepee (100% my favorite player to watch. His insane combos, crazy moves, and ridiculous consistency make him one of the best. He's better than Javi, no doubt. This year he will prove it. Them Zenith 2012 finals, that's all I'm sayin'. This guy is GO(O)D. His games against Hbox at Zenith make him a candidate for an upset as well, in addition to his games against Armada.)
5. Fly Amanita (If he goes. His IC's are so clean, it's filthy. The consistency of his CG's, and his ability to Desync from Nana in almost any situation makes it really look like a 2 on 1 battle. This guy's the real deal, as he just proved at The Big House 2.)
6. Javi (This is my pick that I'm most unsure of. Was it just a fluke? Or does Javi really have what it takes to go toe-to-toe with our best and win? If he has improved in the Puff MU since last Apex, this could be his placing. His combos and his pressure are reminiscent of a certain tropical fruit.)
7. Axe (I want the return. Nay, I NEED the return of Axe. His crazy combos and quick attack tricks absolutely floor me, and I would be upset to see him not place top 8. He is one of the world's best, and I want him to PROVE IT.)
8. Kage (If his sets at FC were any indication of his improvement since last Apex, he is definitely ready to place high in this tournament. The man's got determination, he's got spacing, and he's got a fantastic fair. Determination + Spacing + Ganon Fair = WARRIOR)
9. Hax? (I LOVE WATCHING HAX PLAY. Simple as that. It would be a shame if all that flash didn't earn him a high placing. I can't even begin to describe how in awe I was when I got four stocked by him at my second local tourney ever. Since then, I've followed the dude like a hawk. Great things are in this guy's future, I can feel it.)
10. NOT M2K. (He's gonna quit. He's gonna forfeit, or quit, or something, and get like 37,000th place. Sorry M2K. If I actually had to pick someone for this spot, I'd pick Taj or Shroomed, granted either of them go. Taj is just F***ING TAJ, man. He's proven that he has the ability to beat (almost) anyone. I think he could do it at Apex. Shroomed is a fantastic player, and I was a little disappointed by his placing at FC. He's got in in him to place very high. That Doc MU can be tricky. He's also taken games off Armada before, so he definitely has what it takes.)
Hopefully nobody fell asleep. Thanks for reading, feel free to agree/disagree/call me an idiot. Thanks :D

Engo

Smash Ace
Why are people putting Axe so high? As far as I recall he hasn't repeated his top 10 placings in a loooong while. I think he made top 10 at fc but that tourney was really easy compared to the average national.

leffen

Smash Champion
Axe got 3rd at FC.

Jeez, some people.

Also, I think (hope) that Javi is gonna place top 3. A more global competition would be really good for the scene (like in sfiv) imo.

List:
1.Leffen
2.Armada
3.Javi
4. Mango
5. KirbyKaze
5. Axe
7. Dr PeePee
7. Hbox
9. S2J
9. SFAT
9. Unknown522
9. M2K

Sue me (no **** this is not the most probable results if you go by past tournaments, but I think 99% of those predictions have already been made)

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
^Because iMO people STILL TO THIS DAY, do not realize how good Axe is....Taj, was (and is STILL criticized on many things), yet he showed up at Genesis II, and put in work... and people STILL don't acknowledge his skillset... Axe is along this same line..

Eventually everyone will understand, I suppose..

I hope to be turning some heads as well... Going for more than just bracket this time, I want to show my chars potential and break the barrier n_n

JKJ

Smash Ace
^Because iMO people STILL TO THIS DAY, do not realize how good Axe is....Taj, was (and is STILL criticized on many things), yet he showed up at Genesis II, and put in work... and people STILL don't acknowledge his skillset... Axe is along this same line..

Eventually everyone will understand, I suppose..

I hope to be turning some heads as well... Going for more than just bracket this time, I want to show my chars potential and break the barrier n_n
Them AZ Low-Tier mains like to stick together, huh? I completely agree with V3ctorMan. Axe and Taj have proven themselves, they're not newbies to the game and they're certainly not far off from being the best of the best. V3ctorMan, I have been looking forward to watching you play. I want to go to Apex 2013 SO BAD but Idk if I can. Your Yoshi is a thing of beauty. Also, your editing skills aren't half bad either :p. The Axe Effect and Eggstinction are two of my favorite combo videos of all time; I have them on my iPod for God's sake. I have a friend who is a Yoshi main (He's not really any good) and he totally admires you. You are his f***ing hero, man. You are the Taj of Yoshi. One of these days you will just hit it big and end up in the Top 5 somehow. Mad props, sir. Seriously, you are so legit it hurts.

JKJ

Smash Ace
I like the guy who had Kage in top 10 but not me.

I think that's all I plan to post in this thread.
My bad, KK. I meant to include you, but I'm too biased against Sheiks. I have a natural aversion to them, you see, as a Falco main. Sheik mains are the bane of my existence (The fairs! The fairs! The needles! The fairs!) Most of this stems from mad salt due to my brother endlessly ****** me with Sheik when I was but a mere child. You are very good, in all seriousness, but I just completely didn't even think to put you in, as my brain cannot process Sheiks. You'll probably get top 10, in all seriousness, over Kage and Axe. And the NOT M2K spot will be pushed out. Man isn't life rough for M2K? Doesn't make top ten and then his spot reserved for anyone but him gets kicked out of my arbitrary list? Almost makes you feel bad, but I can't, because he is a sheik. AND a Marth. That's like asking a fish to love a shark who is also a fisherman. It's just unnatural.

EDIT: AAAAHHH THE DOUBLE POST, I THOUGHT SOMEBODY WOULD HAVE POSTED BY NOW. Sorry.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Them AZ Low-Tier mains like to stick together, huh? I completely agree with V3ctorMan. Axe and Taj have proven themselves, they're not newbies to the game and they're certainly not far off from being the best of the best. V3ctorMan, I have been looking forward to watching you play. I want to go to Apex 2013 SO BAD but Idk if I can. Your Yoshi is a thing of beauty. Also, your editing skills aren't half bad either :p. The Axe Effect and Eggstinction are two of my favorite combo videos of all time; I have them on my iPod for God's sake. I have a friend who is a Yoshi main (He's not really any good) and he totally admires you. You are his f***ing hero, man. You are the Taj of Yoshi. One of these days you will just hit it big and end up in the Top 5 somehow. Mad props, sir. Seriously, you are so legit it hurts.
Very, very humbling, and I'm honored... to be considered that... I appreciate the praise...on my abilities, thank you, this comment was very humbling and touching :)

I wanna keep making combo videos too, I'm glad axe effect and eggstinction are among your favorites.. (expect an Eggstinction II, Axe effect II, and (wobbles CV) in the near future.. :) I'll do my best to make these better than the OG's.. :)

^^ thanks again.

New motivation

I'm getting top hmmmmmm is top 25 out of the question? I suppose that's a "realistic" goal I can make for myself, Imma go for it.. :)

Twinkles

Smash Lord
I like the guy who had Kage in top 10 but not me.

I think that's all I plan to post in this thread.
You're definition of like is very strange indeed KK =)

1. Mango
2-10. Don't really give a **** unless I see a Falcon in here

Here's to hoping a Falcon can take a set off the big 5 (Hbox, M2k, PP, etc.)

j00t

Smash Champion
yo hbox be easy

alternate alternate solution: Play Falcon and knee da hoes

JKJ

Smash Ace
nooby any character gets eaten alive by sheik
This is what I get for trying to make a funny. I FAIL MISERABLY *Facepalms*

I blame the AP Language and Composition essay I am currently writing for frying my brain to this point. One can only take so much of George Orwell's "Shooting an Elephant" before they go utterly mad.

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
Wobbles places top ten at like everything big and only ever loses to super ultra god tier people it seems like.

Axe looked great at FC ("buh no competition buh" only got outplaced by Mango and HBox, only lost sets to those two and Kage who he then 3-0'd in the round robin, beat Hax/Sfat/bunch of others, outplaced some greats like Shroomed, etc.), is working on counterpicks and other strats to deal with some of his weaker MU's, and when on fire is dangerous as hell. And then there's the extra bias--he's done it before, he mains Pikachu, and he's approximately the nicest person in the universe based on my ten minutes of playing friendlies with him once. Becomes especially hard not to rank him high after that.

Vman, who are you playing as at Apex? Yoshi? Or Roy or G&W or some secret crazy crap we don't even know about like Zelda or something. Also I love you.

Taj. Mentioning him explicitly because of the Arizona-ness of the early parts of this post. He's pretty ****ing good. But I've been laboring under the assumption that he wouldn't be going. So.

</AZ>

My personal take on it is that being <i>confident</i> in a choice of who's getting first is really just silly. I'm not going to even bother picking people in any particular order.

Here's my top twelve in alphabetical order:

Armada (duh)
Axe (THE RETURN)
Dr. Peepee (duh)
Hax (consistently ranks high)
Hungrybox (duh)
Javi (no way was that a fluke)
Kirbykaze (consistently ranks high)
Mango (duh)
Mew2King (he's still M2K, if he doesn't quit out)
Sfat (looking prettier every day)
Shroomed (consistently ranks high)
*A European that is not Armada (because they'll have been salty after last Apex). I don't know who all is coming from Europe. Over looked mad cute at KFC2 so I'll give priority to him. Not arranged by alphabet since this is ambiguous.

Wild cards: Kage, Leffen, S2J, Unknown. Again, in alphabetical order.

This assumes the absence of several players, including Fly Amanita (doesn't often go out of state IIRC), Wobbles (has been doing boss commentary instead of entering lately), and Taj (Batman--the hero we deserve, but not the one we need right now). All three of these would at least have been considered for my top twelve and certainly would have at least made my wild card area.

There. Them's my predictions. I would legitimately be pretty surprised if more than two of the top twelve were not one of the sixteen players I listed. Assuming that some of the players I'm thinking will not be participating are indeed not participating, that is.

Yeah. It's pretty broad. Probably not too horribly controversial. But whatever.

Alert me if I left off anybody extra important.

Top Bottom