• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top Players & Videos by Character

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shokio

Netplay 4 Days
NNID
Shokio
I personally don't like the fact that I got on the Roy list just because someone was crying that they weren't on their respective list (thus, the expansion). Feels like it was just indirectly given to me rather than earned.

@ KayB KayB I would appreciate it if you take me off, for now. If I'm not going to be Top 3 I don't want to be on there. I'll just continue to work hard until I truly earn it. My Roy's pretty good and I place well at the I&B's (5th, 4th, 5th, and 5th at the last four), but it's yet to cause any upsets. I'm not there yet.

I'll be working on getting my ZSS on the Top 3 as well.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I personally don't like the fact that I got on the Roy list just because someone was crying that they weren't on their respective list (thus, the expansion). Feels like it was just indirectly given to me rather than earned.

@ KayB KayB I would appreciate it if you take me off, for now. If I'm not going to be Top 3 I don't want to be on there. I'll just continue to work hard until I truly earn it. My Roy's pretty good and I place well at the I&B's (5th, 4th, 5th, and 5th at the last four), but it's yet to cause any upsets. I'm not there yet.

Aight man.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Just list the ****in players and don't worry about titles

Character boards and the community at large can already rank players in strict order. The purpose of this thread should have been "Hey I want to see some legit Roy videos, then watch Captain Falcon shred things up, followed by Yoshi doing good. I don't want to go to every specific character board, hope they are active, and catch videos from there in what will probably be a tedious matter"

Having a massive compendium of decent+ gameplay for as many characters as possible, in one section, is already a massively useful undertaking. Let that be the purpose of this thread

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

Why do you need or care about a list to validate your worth? The players aren't listed by rank anymore at all, any concept of you not being on the list until you are top 3 will just be arbitrary thoughts. As DMG said, listing overall great players and providing videos in a centralized place is a great thing for the community, you shouldn't feel like you haven't accomplished anything just because the format changed.

Shokio

Netplay 4 Days
NNID
Shokio
Why do you need or care about a list to validate your worth? The players aren't listed by rank anymore at all, any concept of you not being on the list until you are top 3 will just be arbitrary thoughts. As DMG said, listing overall great players and providing videos in a centralized place is a great thing for the community, you shouldn't feel like you haven't accomplished anything just because the format changed.
It's not the list validating my worth. It ME trying to properly validate my inclusion on the list. I don't feel like I haven't accomplished anything, I've been doing pretty well. It's just that being listed above the spoiler tags puts the spotlight on you and I had one on me JUST because the format changed.

The title of this thread is "Top Players....". I don't feel like I'm a top player yet.

Another thing is, nobody here has ever expressed that I deserve to be on the list (the top list, not the mentions). The only one who has been promoting me is myself. So if personally don't feel like I should be on there yet, then I can take myself off. Now if people in the community were like, "Oh that Shokio guy is really good, he deserves to be on there" then I wouldn't mind. But obviously I haven't been turning too many heads yet considering nobody in this thread has recommended me for the Roy or ZSS lists.

In other news @ KayB KayB , I managed to beat Luck again at I&B 25 with my ZSS. Ended up playing Sethlon in Loser's and both games went to last stock last hit, really close. Roy dittos of course. So look forward to that video.

Last edited:

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
for what its worth i think you deserve to be on the roy list @ Shokio Shokio

CnB | Chandy

Smash Journeyman
It's strange that you can replace any Seagull Joe post with "everyone who's not me sucks, hail satan" and the thread still makes sense.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Diddy Kong IS the premium choice of character for Satan. This is a well established fact.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
@ Zwarm Zwarm , do you know what happened to the Winners Finals match of WDW 10/1/14 between (I'm assuming) Dart and Oro?! It doesn't seem to be on the channel.

foxygrandpa

Smash Journeyman
Link is easy, any baby could pick him up

toonlink tho? toonlink tho.
Aklo is my younger brother and after I showed him this he laughed and made me reply to tell you he thinks his Toon Link is better than yours too.

We don't go to tournaments often and the last one wasn't recorded, so I dont think he quite qualifies to rank on the thread. He just really wanted to call you out lol. It's all in good spirit though. If we ever get videos we'll post.

D

Deleted member

Thats it... I give up...
Put Aklo on the tink list I CAN'T TAKE THE PRESSURE HE'S TOO GOOD!

New list: Aklo, Jolt, Aero, DVD, Lazarond, ZachAttax64

foxygrandpa

Smash Journeyman
To be fair, he did beat all of ny's top players, and took a set off emukiller. M2K himself said he was a step above the other links (although he did get bopped by him)

Don't list him, haha, we're just having fun. Maybe we'll get some real videos of him soon.
And Lunchables, if you ever find yourself in Long Island, a middle school money match is in order.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
I play ICs in PM but I dont do alot of stuff with them on stream :/ I suppose i can work on that more.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Premium
@ Zwarm Zwarm , do you know what happened to the Winners Finals match of WDW 10/1/14 between (I'm assuming) Dart and Oro?! It doesn't seem to be on the channel.
It's possible the upload failed on YouTube, but I have no computer here, so I can't check until I get home from tbh4

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
It's possible the upload failed on YouTube, but I have no computer here, so I can't check until I get home from tbh4
Ah, no problem then.

More footage:

Roy:
Shokio vs. Awestin (Would've won the first game but SD'd twice, got BODIED the 2nd game)
Shokio vs. Sethlon (Last stock, last hit, both games)

Roy & ZSS:

Shokio vs. UTDZac (Very close games)

ZSS:

Shokio vs. Luck (Game 3, last stock)
Shokio vs. Narsic
Shokio vs. Calm Animal
Your vs Narsic link is weird.

Last edited:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
It's strange that you can replace any Seagull Joe post with "everyone who's not me sucks, hail satan" and the thread still makes sense.
LMFAO. I may be cocky, but at least I'm nice and modest. If anything, I just think/post/act like Esam.

As a side note, I beat Rolex this weekend at KTAR X. I lost to Emukiller in WF and Rolex in the run back in LF. I don't know if the videos will be uploaded, but they were streamed so I'm sure they're on the stream archive. The twitch is www.twitch.tv/not20xx

:018:

Last edited:

Shokio

Netplay 4 Days
NNID
Shokio
Ah, no problem then.

Your vs Narsic link is weird.
Fixed. Also, keep an eye on Elza/Zael. He's a local Luigi here who's made insane progress in a very short amount of time. All the pros here always mention how sick his Luigi is. He definitely has the potential to be the top Luigi one day.

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
LMFAO. I may be cocky, but at least I'm nice and modest. If anything, I just think/post/act like Esam.

As a side note, I beat Rolex this weekend at KTAR X. I lost to Emukiller in WF and Rolex in the run back in LF. I don't know if the videos will be uploaded, but they were streamed so I'm sure they're on the stream archive. The twitch is www.twitch.tv/not20xx

:018:
It looks like they will looking at their channel, but if they don't I'll make sure to upload them myself.

Humble Dojo

Smash Apprentice
@SamSun
You arent better than Mach..... Lets not go. You and JetX might be even skill wise but he has better results than you and its funny cause JetX isnt even our regions best kirby lol.

This weeks SSS was smaller but had a larger talent pool. Aero took Larry to Game 5 in winners finals and lost, but did beat Disqo, Aion, Machiavelli, and Tyrant to make it to grands where he took a set from Larry and then lost set 2. Hes the only player to take a set from larry this season. Im sure you will see the videos when they surface @ KayB KayB

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
@SamSun
You arent better than Mach..... Lets not go. You and JetX might be even skill wise but he has better results than you and its funny cause JetX isnt even our regions best kirby lol.

This weeks SSS was smaller but had a larger talent pool. Aero took Larry to Game 5 in winners finals and lost, but did beat Disqo, Aion, Machiavelli, and Tyrant to make it to grands where he took a set from Larry and then lost set 2. Hes the only player to take a set from larry this season. Im sure you will see the videos when they surface @ KayB KayB
Who is your region's best Kirby?

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
@SamSun

I will go watch those *right now*, please tell me they were streamed on Twitch? Level|UpLive, right?

D

Deleted member

I like how the top 3 Toonlink players play nothing alike
I definitely agree. IMO Jolt and Aero do some weird things, jolt likes back air a lot more than I do and aero uses a questionable amount of arrow/zair. One thing that sticks out is that aero sometimes chooses to play how he wants instead of how the mu is supposed to be played, like sometimes he'll just randomly ledge cancel 5 dairs for no reason and get punished.

Edit: Just watched some of DVDs more recent stuff, He's actually pretty good. (y)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom