• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top Players & Videos by Character

Status
Not open for further replies.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Kayb I can link you the convo I had with oro at some point.

Also I know what pf has done but I've also played him and neon. I'm a decent study, hence my statement that I think neon is a better player.

What I would love to see is them play in the same brackets together and see who outplaces who.
I know that whether Neon is or isn't better than PF is debatable, it just seemed like that people were putting PF down just because he gets more exposure because of VGBC, where it's more than just that.

Vixen

~::Fragile::~
Premium
I personally don't think pf is that good. He wins because people don't adapt quickly enough and are happy to write Lucas off as op rather than learning how to beat the character or exploit his habits.

Sorry if that sounds rude. I play melee, tcgs, and anime fighters so I'm used to learning to fight against stupid ****. I get sick of scrubs complaining about Lucas and tether recoveries instead of learning new methods of edgeguarding.

I love Zeej and his Ness but IMO he is not top 3. At this point in time I think Ness top 3 is very clearly:
Awestin
NZA
Tetraflora
I think I'm at least on par with Nizza, but he also seemed unfamiliar with the ditto.
Honestly, I'm just happy knowing that Awestin is the only Ness that's more than arms reach above me, and even he's looking more and more mortal the more I play him.

I'll never be as sexy as he is though; Fat Mango just too gatlike

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Why am I not listed on zss yet? I consistently place top 5 within my region and have wins over tee ay aye gg7 Kaos ss fortefreak and have extremely close sets with k9 silly kyle burnsy hbox and neon.

Pretty sure I'm at bare minimum #2 or #3 for the character.

Edit:

Nvm apparently I'm listd for third.

What has bleachigo accomplished? I'm gonna make a bid for the #2 spot. Will post videos when I get off work
He's beaten CruzyCakes, Hylian, and Raptor, is consistent top placer in his region, and he's taken games off Emukiller.

If statements from other players holds weight, oro thinks I'm easily the #2 zss. I just didn't want to appeal to authority.
Also to be fair, I don't think Oro?! has even played Bleachigo. Not sure if he's seen his videos. Many good ZSS mains go unnoticed lol. Xaltis from Florida is legit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO_O33uIHX4#t=1572

Hopefully I can rise on this list someday.
Just saw this. Oh jeez, that's some nice play! What country is this? Can you notify me when more videos from this region pop up?

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
EDIT:
Split OP, added videos from LTC2, VS Gaming, and @ metroid1117 metroid1117 's Toasted Raves 5. Speaking of that, will WS, LF and the rest of top 8 be uploaded? I didn't see them on your channel.

EDIT2: Also did some rough re-rankings.

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Kayb I can link you the convo I had with oro at some point. I'm considering traveling next year if I don't quit. Quitting smash has been on my mind for a while. It's about equal to my desire to travel and show the world that my zss is the truth. Started a full time job last month so I'm just saving money and accruing pto.

Also I know what pf has done but I've also played him and neon. I'm a decent study, hence my statement that I think neon is a better player.

What I would love to see is them play in the same brackets together and see who outplaces who.
You keep trying to show people your skill, and quitting will be a thing you say when you're bored.

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
apparently Texas thinks Gnosis is better than G-Rabbit. I'll be on the hunt for confirmation about that.
Gnosis is literally the only person I have enjoyed playing the ditto with. It felt like playing myself. After this weekend, we agreed that we are at an even skill level with the character, but we have different strengths in different matchups (which will lead some people to think that one is better than the other). I'm fine with us having any order of the 2nd and 3rd spots, it honestly feels like a tie to me and I've never felt that way, but I would say that no other Kirby out there is close. He definitely earned my respect as a Kirby main.

metroid1117

Smash Master
EDIT:
Split OP, added videos from LTC2, VS Gaming, and @ metroid1117 metroid1117 's Toasted Raves 5. Speaking of that, will WS, LF and the rest of top 8 be uploaded? I didn't see them on your channel.
The rest of the matches were played on stream, they should be getting uploaded to SoCo Smash's YouTube channel. I'm not sure when that will be done, but I'll post the links once they're up.

Master Raven

Smash Master
I don't want to diss on the purpose of this thread but holy **** so many people here are ******** about not being on this list.

If you're not on the list, just get better and/or travel more and beat good players. Even then, who cares if you're not on this. People should focus on improving their skills over time than having their temporary 15 minutes of fame on a top player list that fluctuates from time to time. There are plenty of great players out there that you won't see on this list.

FlashingFire

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
Agreed, but it's nice to get some recognition for your efforts. It also spurs competition between players of the same character.

Master Raven

Smash Master
It's cool to be recognized and not slept on, but I also see a lot of people (both here and elsewhere) demand and virtually beg other people to recognize them as top players of their character. If people want to make a rankings, that's cool, but at the same time don't be a ***** and beg to be on it just because you think you're that much better than the listed players. If you're that concerned about being recognized, show it with your results. Otherwise, who cares? Especially if you perform good enough locally. So many people don't get better at this game (and Smash as a whole) because they're too worried about **** like fame.

My region doesn't even have a PR for PM because we don't give a **** about that sort of thing. We know who's good and I personally am not interested in comparing myself to other Mewtwo players because it causes unnecessary conflicts and, quite honestly, all the good character players can cooperate and learn from each other to get better instead of this **** of "NO IM BETTER THAN U".

But that's just me.

Last edited:

Vixen

Premium
D
Travel more plssss. When did Oro say this out of curiosity?
Convo today:

Me: Jesus **** I'm pretty sure all of the other zss players are superbad at this point.
Oro: Lol, And yeah its just us T_T

Sorry, had to snip most of the convo because it had to do with BR stuff.

The older convo i had was apparently over irc so looool **** trying to find that ****.

I don't really know if I care to travel much, though. I work mad hours, and I don't get a lot of pto per year. I get sick a lot and have several chronic issues, so my time off usually needs to be kept in case I'm sick since my job doesn't have sick leave. Plus my interest in smash is inconsistent. I get those spurts of ERMEGHERD BUTTONS and then I get spurts of "Man **** this toxic community, DIP"

Last edited:

Vixen

Premium
It's cool to be recognized and not slept on, but I also see a lot of people (both here and elsewhere) demand and virtually beg other people to recognize them as top players of their character. If people want to make a rankings, that's cool, but at the same time don't be a ***** and beg to be on it just because you think you're that much better than the listed players. If you're that concerned about being recognized, show it with your results. Otherwise, who cares? Especially if you perform good enough locally. So many people don't get better at this game (and Smash as a whole) because they're too worried about **** like fame.

My region doesn't even have a PR for PM because we don't give a **** about that sort of thing. We know who's good and I personally am not interested in comparing myself to other Mewtwo players because it causes unnecessary conflicts and, quite honestly, all the good character players can cooperate and learn from each other to get better instead of this **** of "NO IM BETTER THAN U".

But that's just me.
this is a good mindset. I like a little bit of this, and competition though. Sure, I have that "I want to be the very best" mindset because I'm competitive and egotistical, and like to be like "LOL IM BETTER THAN U o3o" but I'm also a huge advocate of spreading the knowledge.

Master Raven

Smash Master
The main reason most people haven't heard of Neon until now is because the PM community doesn't watch streams that aren't VGBootCamp. Do some digging around Youtube/Twitch and you'd be surprised at how many potentially top players there are.
I remember watching Porkchops beating on K9 onstream and the commentators had no clue who he was, they thought he was either some random Falco or Lambchops (they're saying this as Lambchops is standing literally behind him) LOL

There are so many good players that are slept on due to the lack of widespread exposure.

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Just out of curiosity, what is keeping Burnsy in that top spot?
Mostly videos and actual results I know about instead of people saying "Oh, this squirtle main is REALLY GOOD."

There are so many good players that are slept on due to the lack of widespread exposure.
That's why I created this thread :D It gives attention to underrated and developing players while being an archive and a goal for those who want to improve.

Btw, your mewtwo is awesome.

Last edited:

CnB | Chandy

Smash Journeyman
Hey, speaking of giving attention to underrated and developing players, I guess I should share some videos now that I'm on the DK list. And since I'm such a nice dude, who's really cool and nice, and nice, I'll put them in the format you've been using to make it easier for you to copy paste it in.

CnB | Chandy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nS1KZflqdTQ (vs Scuba Steve, ATX Weekly 7/14)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKNUHYtd3L8 (vs DA, ATX Weekly 7/7)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mySaqXC4HEE (vs Scuba Steve, ATX Weekly 7/21)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpmz651NYas (vs BlokeCinco, ATX Weekly 7/21)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oskfk9z4GCk (vs Infinity, Farmer's Fight)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vojke2L3YSI (vs Axxo, RoC2 $7 DK Ditto MM)

You're welcome in advance,
Chandy

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Hey, speaking of giving attention to underrated and developing players, I guess I should share some videos now that I'm on the DK list. And since I'm such a nice dude, who's really cool and nice, and nice, I'll put them in the format you've been using to make it easier for you to copy paste it in.

CnB | Chandy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nS1KZflqdTQ (vs Scuba Steve, ATX Weekly 7/14)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKNUHYtd3L8 (vs DA, ATX Weekly 7/7)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mySaqXC4HEE (vs Scuba Steve, ATX Weekly 7/21)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpmz651NYas (vs BlokeCinco, ATX Weekly 7/21)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oskfk9z4GCk (vs Infinity, Farmer's Fight)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vojke2L3YSI (vs Axxo, RoC2 $7 DK Ditto MM)

You're welcome in advance,
Chandy
Wow you're such a nice dude!

Bryonato

Green Hat
I think I'm at least on par with Nizza, but he also seemed unfamiliar with the ditto.
Honestly, I'm just happy knowing that Awestin is the only Ness that's more than arms reach above me, and even he's looking more and more mortal the more I play him.

I'll never be as sexy as he is though; Fat Mango just too gatlike
NZA is just bad at the ditto. Much like SFAT with Fox dittos.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
I don't think Xaltis and Bleachigo are quite there yet, no disrespect. Vixen was saying how close her sets with K9/Neon are, and judging from her game knowledge, movement, and decision making, I thought it was fairly obvious. You could always just put Leffen at #1 since he is the best player out of us lol.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I don't think Xaltis and Bleachigo are quite there yet, no disrespect. Vixen was saying how close her sets with K9/Neon are, and judging from her game knowledge, movement, and decision making, I thought it was fairly obvious. You could always just put Leffen at #1 since he is the best player out of us lol.
Is he really?

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Premium
I think Oro is saying Leffen is a better player overall, considering how good of a player he is. Oro is still #1 ZSS in our hearts

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
If both Leffen and Oro were to go 100% ZSS in a similar field, I think Oro would place higher.

Bryonato

Green Hat
I could believe that. I'm not actually worried about my placement on the list, just clarifying my personal thoughts on how I stack up.
that's fair. I was very impressed from what I saw of you this weekend. my personal list just comes from tournament results (overall) and my personal assessment of their strengths/weaknesses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom