• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top Players & Videos by Character

Status
Not open for further replies.

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
shokio is legit and is getting legit-er

Wolf_

Smash Journeyman
@ KayB KayB
@wolf I have a lot of real life goals I'd like to accomplish for one thing, like finishing my computer science degree. Also I tire of arguing with friends like Leelue about smash when we could be doing more important things. Among other things.
Ah, got it, understandable

Mojohnbo

Smash Rookie
How do you get your videos up on these archives. Looking like we need some more dk vids, i could help.

POOB

Smash Journeyman
Yet do you think any other dk can beat sethlon?
No disrespect at all to Sethlon since he is an amazing player and undoubtedly the best roy, but...yes D:
It's such a terrible matchup. Not saying I could beat him but I'm sure there's other DK's out there that could. M2K basically beat him via neutral game since his punish game was so simple and he usually didn't get the most that he could out of his grabs, which is expected from a non-DK main. So if someone who has slightly worse neutral game but the combo game of a serious dk main, it's pretty damn ugly LOL

Anyway, If you are taking Eli off the DK's I recommend putting Oracle on there. He just had some nice stuff in his MM v.s. Zeej. Chandy is also a great DK who isn't very known and deserves AT LEAST an honorable mention. If you want vids i can get some. I wouldn't care if you take me off the top 3, it will be good motivation to get better haha

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
No disrespect at all to Sethlon since he is an amazing player and undoubtedly the best roy, but...yes D:
It's such a terrible matchup. Not saying I could beat him but I'm sure there's other DK's out there that could. M2K basically beat him via neutral game since his punish game was so simple and he usually didn't get the most that he could out of his grabs, which is expected from a non-DK main. So if someone who has slightly worse neutral game but the combo game of a serious dk main, it's pretty damn ugly LOL

Anyway, If you are taking Eli off the DK's I recommend putting Oracle on there. He just had some nice stuff in his MM v.s. Zeej. Chandy is also a great DK who isn't very known and deserves AT LEAST an honorable mention. If you want vids i can get some. I wouldn't care if you take me off the top 3, it will be good motivation to get better haha
New videos are usually appreciated.

FlashingFire

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
LTC2 will generate plenty of those. Zeej did pretty darn well in his money matches against Awestin and Oracle, too.

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
sethon just forced the switch off m2ks dk to his mewtwo in winners finals. barely lost game 5 against m2

PajamasM

Smash Cadet
I think it would be pretty safe to put neon at the top lucas spot. Beat Kaos (Who took out k9, denti, and ss), strong bad, lunchables, dakpo, sethlon and Awestin

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I think it would be pretty safe to put neon at the top lucas spot. Beat Kaos (Who took out k9, denti, and ss), strong bad, lunchables, dakpo, sethlon and Awestin
It's tough, because Pink Fresh has also beaten ZeRo, Oro?!, Strong Bad, Kirk Q, K9, Eli, Gallo, Porkchops, Junebug, Boss, Smash G0D, Chu Dat, Chillin, John Numbers, Zubat, KDJ, and Frozen.

You could argue that Pink Fresh has some inconsistent results, but Neon has his fair share of inconsistent results as well. It's really hard to compare them. Either way, I wouldn't use the word "safe" lol

EDIT: GOD NEON STOP MAKING MY LIFE SO HARD

Last edited:

PajamasM

Smash Cadet
It's tough, because Pink Fresh has also beaten ZeRo, Oro?!, Strong Bad, Kirk Q, K9, Eli, Gallo, Porkchops, Junebug, Boss, Smash G0D, Chu Dat, Chillin, John Numbers, Zubat, KDJ, and Frozen.

You could argue that Pink Fresh has some inconsistent results, but Neon has his fair share of inconsistent results as well. It's really hard to compare them. Either way, I wouldn't use the word "safe" lol
Well he just beat m2k soooooooo. Reset against m2k is arguably one of the greatest acheivement there is lol.

He could even win the tournament, the upsets of the year here.

Last edited:

Bellioes

Smash Lord
I was saying earlier in the thread that neon should be higher... His tech skill is on its own level with lucas. It seems like PF and oracle just play smarter overall to me.
Anyways, I understand it can be hard to make a decision and there will always exist people with proof going in either sides favor. Not just lucas but in any character. Props for doing your best to stay on top of recent smash happenings and taking informed decisions above opinion.

Shokio

Netplay 4 Days
NNID
Shokio
You will be missed.

EDIT:
@ Shokio Shokio DAMN you put work against Infinity!
I was gonna ask you what you thought about my LTC2 performance, and then saw this post haha. Thanks a lot man! It was definitely a highlight for me and some pro players were really impressed and gave me some encouragement to keep going.

I ended up making top 25, which I'm really satisfied with seeing as how it was my first national. This was almost a Roy-only tourney for me, I only went ZSS literally one time.

Oh, and here's the link to my match vs. M2K you can add to the list: Shokio vs. M2K (I was hella nervous lol)

Chandy was the first person I ever teamed with when I started competitive play, and is my official doubles partner. I can attest that the guy is legit. Best DK main in TX (excluding any pro that simply *pockets* him) IMO. He knows his character all too well, and turns every grab into something terrifying.

Last edited:

BANCHEEE

Smash Rookie
The video for wobbles in the ice climber part is actually TheNotSoShyGuy vs Lunchables when you click on the link

Kaosxxxx

Smash Apprentice
I think I should take that third mewtwo spot now. Mewtwo king himself said I am the third best mewtwo he has played. I also got fourth at low tier city two. I need that spot :)

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
The video for wobbles in the ice climber part is actually TheNotSoShyGuy vs Lunchables when you click on the link
I'll fix it soon.

I think I should take that third mewtwo spot now. Mewtwo king himself said I am the third best mewtwo he has played. I also got fourth at low tier city two. I need that spot :)
Before I make any more changes, I need to double-check with the mods about the character count because I think I'm closing in on that.

As for you versus Frozen... Gosh this is hard, because Frozen recently beat Wizzrobe and got 7th at Zenith hmmmrgh...

EDIT: SO ON THAT NOTE, @ Strong Badam Strong Badam or someone. Does anyone know the character limit?

Last edited:

FlashingFire

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
Last edited:

1FD

Smash Ace
Sweeet thread. I saw it a long time ago but I didn't even look at the op to see all of those vid links
Sexylinks right there, imma send vids to locals that play the characters they like
ty kayb

Omg I had to rewirte kayb 3 times bacuase I couldn't spell it LOL wtf

Last edited:

PajamasM

Smash Cadet
If you are the third best mewtwo he played, then that puts 2 mewtwos ahead of you and then m2k Kappa.

Vixen

~::Fragile::~
Premium
Why am I not listed on zss yet? I consistently place top 5 within my region and have wins over tee ay aye gg7 Kaos ss fortefreak and have extremely close sets with k9 silly kyle burnsy hbox and neon.

Pretty sure I'm at bare minimum #2 or #3 for the character.

Edit:

Nvm apparently I'm listd for third.

What has bleachigo accomplished? I'm gonna make a bid for the #2 spot. Will post videos when I get off work

Last edited:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
After destroying 2 or 3 posts I figured how to do it KayB lol. No need to merge, I can just change post owners.

Last edited:

CnB | Chandy

Smash Journeyman
Chandy's punish game is pretty legit. Too bad he can't wavedash because he only plays on wiimote
Filthy slander. I play exclusively with the Wii Zapper so I can yell "pew pew" whenever I play. "You don't want to be in the way when my laser goes off" is another classic.

On the topic of the best DKs list, Eli is retired and Strong Bad's DK is so deep in his pocket right now it might as well be made of lint and burger king receipts. I'd say the list should be POOB, Oracle, Chandy if you want to see recent footage, although Oracle has a solid dozen pocket chars so putting him on the list for DK might be iffy, as we may not be seeing very much of it at all. If that's the case then Strong Bad, POOB, Chandy may be more appropriate, as more people know of Strong Bad's DK anyway, regardless of whether or not he pulls it out very often. @ POOB POOB can back me up on this (if he's my real friend).

As for why I deserve to be on the list:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrmcSgDvs7E#t=10

My DK is a master of Tackle and Grapple.

Scuba Steve

Smash Ace
Filthy slander. I play exclusively with the Wii Zapper so I can yell "pew pew" whenever I play. "You don't want to be in the way when my laser goes off" is another classic.

On the topic of the best DKs list, Eli is retired and Strong Bad's DK is so deep in his pocket right now it might as well be made of lint and burger king receipts. I'd say the list should be POOB, Oracle, Chandy if you want to see recent footage, although Oracle has a solid dozen pocket chars so putting him on the list for DK might be iffy, as we may not be seeing very much of it at all. If that's the case then Strong Bad, POOB, Chandy may be more appropriate, as more people know of Strong Bad's DK anyway, regardless of whether or not he pulls it out very often. @ POOB POOB can back me up on this (if he's my real friend).

As for why I deserve to be on the list:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrmcSgDvs7E#t=10

My DK is a master of Tackle and Grapple.
Axxo is better *hides from incoming rant*

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
throwing SCG | Dad in the mix as one of the top 3 squirtles. AZ states he is better than Burnsey?
Also SCG | Zeej pretty much whooped up on the other Ness players at LTC2 besides awestin. awestin states Zeej is a very likely #2-#3 ness
Gnosis placed higher than Grabbit and also beat him 2-0. Is he #2 yet? Oklahoma wants love.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom