• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top Players & Videos by Character

Status
Not open for further replies.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
@ KayB KayB you probably already know because you're omniscient about smashappenings, but be on the look out from more from Stauffy. He finally put in a good showing at meyhem, and from personal experience (got bopped by him at evo) he's the real deal. Not going to say he's better than IpunchKids but they are in competition for best lucario in socal right now.
I know, except I have no idea where the videos from this Mayhem are or even if they exist in the first place.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
They probably dont. I know the stream was spotty. Whatever channel Team AEGIS uploads to is where they probably will get put if they exist.

KhanYe

Smash Journeyman
If Darc continues using ZSS in PM, he's gonna take one of those ZSS spots. He just beat KDJ for the first time in Smashing Grounds history using ZSS for most of the games. So fundamentally strong, it's nuts.

I'd keep an eye on him.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
If Darc continues using ZSS in PM, he's gonna take one of those ZSS spots. He just beat KDJ for the first time in Smashing Grounds history using ZSS for most of the games. So fundamentally strong, it's nuts.

I'd keep an eye on him.
When was this?

Humble Dojo

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for late reply.... Weekend was insane.
Mayhem 327 entrants
Melee 227
Pm 173
Double entered 94
1st Larry aka DEHF
2nd AZHP | K9sbruce (k9)
3rd Aion (socals top sonic)
No stream so no video exsits.... We lack a dedicated pm streamer

Important notes
K9 reset the bracket on larry and took set 2 to game 5.
Stauffy beat Tear bear (sent amsa to losers at evo and took dj nintendo to last game last stock) hbox, sosa (rank 20 on pr) and lucky.
Aion took K9 to game 5 in losers finals and beat kaos in bracket.

Id have to look up more stuff but thats what i remember off hand.

Apollo Ali

Smash Journeyman
When was this?
This past Thursday. Unfortunately, due to twitch getting messed up six ways to sunday, the footage is lost. He beat KDJ in winners finals, then KDJ reset the bracket (3-2, i think?) and then Darc won 3-1.

He also probably deserves the puff spot since he's one of the best melee puffs and he has OCCASIONALLY pulled her out (against bstuk i think at the first SG monthly)

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Pretty sure Leffen doesn't even use ZSS anymore. Saw him using M2 a few days ago (lol @Him still playing PM despite all he's said)

EDIT: even more lol that Him is an actual member.

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
This past Thursday. Unfortunately, due to twitch getting messed up six ways to sunday, the footage is lost. He beat KDJ in winners finals, then KDJ reset the bracket (3-2, i think?) and then Darc won 3-1.

He also probably deserves the puff spot since he's one of the best melee puffs and he has OCCASIONALLY pulled her out (against bstuk i think at the first SG monthly)
KDJ's master plan. No evidence of his defeat at SG will ever be found.

Pretty sure Leffen doesn't even use ZSS anymore. Saw him using M2 a few days ago (lol @Him still playing PM despite all he's said)

EDIT: even more lol that Him is an actual member.
I redid the ZSS list without Leffen. It's about time Bleachigo got on that list anyway after defeating monsters like Youngster Joey, Raptor, and CruzyCakes. Xaltis is also pretty close too, he beat Bleagelo and Porkchops.

Last edited:

Wolf_

Smash Journeyman
Yea Darc inspired me to pick up ZSS for small stages as Link against Marth anyways, I keep getting wrecked on small stages but I can win on big ones, I 2 stocked his marth on PK Stadium on thursday, idk if that got lost or not though, haven't checked

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
HBox salt incoming~

Not that I blame him. Puff is truly ass in PM atm.

EDIT:
Up and coming players! Lucario main Double from Chicago had very close games with Oro?!'s ZSS. Definitely someone to keep an eye on. He also beat Metroid back in June, but I don't know how in tune he was back then.

Last edited:

metroid1117

Smash Master
EDIT:
Up and coming players! Lucario main Double from Chicago had very close games with Oro?!'s ZSS. Definitely someone to keep an eye on. He also beat Metroid back in June, but I don't know how in tune he was back then.
Double beat me fair and square in that set, no johns. (I styled so hard on him in the opening stock though :awesome:.) I beat him 2-0 in our next set (unrecorded) and 2-1 in our most recent set (upload pending), but Double is no slouch by any means.

Last edited:

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Premium
Also one of our players, JBrockPony. visited Japan a few weeks ago, and met aMSa, and he told JBrock he watches Double's videos to learn new Lucario tech, just sayin'

PajamasM

Smash Cadet
Wobbles for icies? He was at infinity and beyond, don't know how he placed but im sure its enough for top 3 when no one else is number 3.

EDIT: He got seventh, definitely worth the list if he really did go all icies like he said. I would put him at first, probably better than chu at least.

Also M2K for best DK lol.

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
I've only ever seen him use DK for dittos and the Roy matchup, both of which he excels at. I don't know if this could be considered enough to declare m2k the best DK. However, from what I understand, Strong bad only uses Wario as of late and Eli has been unable to play for some time, soooo.

I hope we see more of his Dk vs other chars, although I doubt he'll deliver.

PajamasM

Smash Cadet
Well you could easily say m2k has the best of a ton of characters, he just doesn't really use them so we can't fairly put him on the list. I could see him as one of the best of: Falcon, Link, DK, Peach, Game and Watch, Yoshi, Zelda, Luigi and maybe a few others based solely off his melee knowledge of those characters and just overall smartness as a player. But he doesn't actually play them so its unfair to say that he is top 3 lol.

Scuba Steve

Smash Ace
DK vs. Roy is sooooooooo easy for DK. I think it would be unfair to give up the spot to all of the solo DK mains when M2K has only pulled him out for a ditto and a heavily skewed matchup. Part of what makes good DK players good is being able to deal with all the ****ty matchups that DK has.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Wobbles for icies? He was at infinity and beyond, don't know how he placed but im sure its enough for top 3 when no one else is number 3.

EDIT: He got seventh, definitely worth the list if he really did go all icies like he said. I would put him at first, probably better than chu at least.

Also M2K for best DK lol.
He got seventh because he dropped out after grand finals in melee vs m2k lol
He probably would have beat disafter at least. Don't know how much denti would have cheezed him.

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
He got seventh because he dropped out after grand finals in melee vs m2k lol
He probably would have beat disafter at least. Don't know how much denti would have cheezed him.
He did beat Disafter.

EDIT:
OP updated with VS Gaming Weekly and IaB 18.

Last edited:

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
You can feel free to 100% remove me from the entire thread as I have been trying to exit competitive smash for over a year and have been gradually succeeding in that endeavor the last few months

Humble Dojo

Smash Apprentice
Notable SoCal players to watch at Low Tier City 2
Kaos (8th on PR) Pool 18
Aion (10th on PR) Pool 7
Westballz (12th on PR) Pool 3
iPunchkidsz (14th on PR) Pool 12
Slushy (Unranked) Pool 6

Pools might change. But yea be on the look out.

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Notable SoCal players to watch at Low Tier City 2
Kaos (8th on PR) Pool 18
Aion (10th on PR) Pool 7
Westballz (12th on PR) Pool 3
iPunchkidsz (14th on PR) Pool 12
Slushy (Unranked) Pool 6

Pools might change. But yea be on the look out.
You mind sending me a link of SoCal's PR?

You can feel free to 100% remove me from the entire thread as I have been trying to exit competitive smash for over a year and have been gradually succeeding in that endeavor the last few months
Will you still be involved in some FS stuff or are you trying to go completely?

Last edited:

PajamasM

Smash Cadet
DK vs. Roy is sooooooooo easy for DK. I think it would be unfair to give up the spot to all of the solo DK mains when M2K has only pulled him out for a ditto and a heavily skewed matchup. Part of what makes good DK players good is being able to deal with all the ****ty matchups that DK has.
Yet do you think any other dk can beat sethlon?

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
@ KayB KayB I'll still be around to support my crew and maybe enter the occasional tournament just for fun like Zenith

@wolf I have a lot of real life goals I'd like to accomplish for one thing, like finishing my computer science degree. Also I tire of arguing with friends like Leelue about smash when we could be doing more important things. Among other things.

@The Dude above both me and strong bad have done that before so lol

PajamasM

Smash Cadet
@ KayB KayB I'll still be around to support my crew and maybe enter the occasional tournament just for fun like Zenith

@wolf I have a lot of real life goals I'd like to accomplish for one thing, like finishing my computer science degree. Also I tire of arguing with friends like Leelue about smash when we could be doing more important things. Among other things.

oh okay lol my bad.

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer

You will be missed.

EDIT:
@Shokio DAMN you put work against Infinity!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom