• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top Players & Videos by Character

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Arty knocked me out to 13th place at EVO. The vortex was too strong.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I also had surgery on my jaw just 3 days prior to the tournament and was under heavy medication.

.......johns

I'm surprised I beat anyone at all that tournament especially kirk

Last edited:

PajamasM

Smash Cadet
Smash G0D's luigi is pretty nice, top 3 luigi? I mean its only been 2 people for a while now and he did take a game off pink fresh.

EDIT: Ninjalink looks pretty good as a diddy as well, possible top 3? He has beaten the majority of the Free Saltines crew from what i hear and has beaten emukiller. Vids on the Free Saltine youtube.

Last edited:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Smash G0D's luigi is pretty nice, top 3 luigi? I mean its only been 2 people for a while now and he did take a game off pink fresh.

EDIT: Ninjalink looks pretty good as a diddy as well, possible top 3? He has beaten the majority of the Free Saltines crew from what i hear and has beaten emukiller. Vids on the Free Saltine youtube.
Top 3 :luigi2: imo.

:018:

Phaiyte

Smash Ace
I wish I could attend tournaments and starting taking one of those ganon spots. That would be so neato

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Flick the control stick to the other side then jump? Its easy but I dont notice the way I do it.

metroid1117

Smash Master
@ metroid1117 metroid1117 How do you do that QD into backflip?
It's a little tricky; as you know, the input for the QD turnaround jump is QD (right+B) -> turnaround (left) -> jump (X/Y/up). However, if you want the backflip, you need to move the control stick back in the original direction you QD'd in before jumpsquat ends. In the above example, the inputs would be QD (right+B) -> turnaround (left) ->initiate jumpsquat (X/Y/up) -> original direction (right) -> finish jumpsquat. Ike has a 5-frame jump squat, so you have roughly 5 frames to go back in your original direction after inputting jump if you want the backflip.

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
It's a little tricky; as you know, the input for the QD turnaround jump is QD (right+B) -> turnaround (left) -> jump (X/Y/up). However, if you want the backflip, you need to move the control stick back in the original direction you QD'd in before jumpsquat ends. In the above example, the inputs would be QD (right+B) -> turnaround (left) ->initiate jumpsquat (X/Y/up) -> original direction (right) -> finish jumpsquat. Ike has a 5-frame jump squat, so you have roughly 5 frames to go back in your original direction after inputting jump if you want the backflip.
Whaaat this is so much more complicated than I thought. Got to go to the training room now. How hard is it to get down?

metroid1117

Smash Master
Whaaat this is so much more complicated than I thought. Got to go to the training room now. How hard is it to get down?
If you're familiar with Brawl RAR'ing then it's not too bad, especially if you have the fundamentals of turning around during QD already down. I ground this out a little bit every day when 2.0 was released so it's muscle memory by now, but I'm not particularly technical and that was at the same time as getting used to QD -> turnaround in addition to QD -> turnaround "flip".

Medz!

Smash Journeyman
So metroid what did you think of JaimeHR? i have been saying for a while that he has so much potential to be one of the big PM names

metroid1117

Smash Master
So metroid what did you think of JaimeHR? i have been saying for a while that he has so much potential to be one of the big PM names
JaimeHR is extremely good, considering how he's dominated AZ at their tournaments. I'd need a bigger sample size to compare him accurately to Kirk, but from what I experienced, Kirk is more fluent in the Ike match-up and better at reading/punishing double-jumps than Jaime. That being said, I'm not sure how experienced JaimeHR is at other prominent (Pit and Mewtwo) or obscure (ZSS, Ganon, and D3) match-ups, so I can't say much about his current skill level. However, I think he's the kind of player that can recognize what his opponent is doing and adapt accordingly, so I hope to see him compete at future large-scale events.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Why is Smash God not a top 3 :luigi2: yet?

Also, I won a tourney today beating Junebug and Pink Fresh 2x. Can I be a top 3 :diddy: or naw?

:018:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Brood was super impressive back in the Brawl days, I'm glad that he's still playing.
I'm just glad the smash scene in Japan is uniting. In that tournament you got players like Brood and Nietono from Brawl, aMSa from Melee, and new faces like Kaito all play under the same game. Tis a wonderous thing.

MeechManSSBM

Smash Rookie
I'm just glad the smash scene in Japan is uniting. In that tournament you got players like Brood and Nietono from Brawl, aMSa from Melee, and new faces like Kaito all play under the same game. Tis a wonderous thing.
Kaito has been playing Brawl since like '08 or '09.

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
Updated with VGBC's S@X, WindyCitySmash's WDW, and TourneyLocator's IaB XV and PARG3.
IaB XV? what are you, a time traveller? :p IaB XV is still running as i type

ThegreatVaporeon1

Smash Ace
I hate to be the guy who says someone doesn't belong on the list, but why exactly is Sago on here for Luigi? He beat oro and rat once but then lost (pretty devastatingly) the very next game, especially against oro's marth. Not only that, but based on the matches I've seen, he doesn't seem to know the character all that well either. It seemed like he was just auto-comboing and throwing out moves. I know being a random, I don't really have much say on this, but I don't find Sago's Luigi to be nearly as good as Eli's, Vist's, or even Smash God's. Don't get me wrong, his Luigi is good, but I don't think it's that good to be on this list.

Also is Vist removed from the list because he doesn't really play Project M all that much?

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
So GameGuy's (or Texas Melee's) Intergalactic Kegger tournament just happened. But, I don't know where the PM matches will be uploaded to. So unless someone can link to me where they will be uploading it to on youtube, I'll be forced to use twitch archives. And nobody wants that. So if anyone in Texas can help me, that'd be swell.

D

Deleted member

We would have all of the PM/Melee matches on TLOC but the gameguys denied TLOC to stream (Which I don't know why because their stream isn't very good...)

D

Deleted member

I'm going to guess gameguys forgot to enable saving to archives, you have to manually do it now in your twitch settings. So basically we lost the footage! Hooray for gameguys not letting TLOC stream!

(All of the DFW players went to an oklahoma tourney this weekend because of the gameguys not allowing them to stream btw)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom