• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top Players & Videos by Character

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

It says Vs lunchables instead of Vs Sethlon for my newest videos

did I mirror myself or something

D

Deleted member

its ok we all make mistakes

like for example, pmbr left spacies in pm! See we all mess up!

Litt

Samus
I really don't think you're getting the point. I don't think I need to reiterate a point people have made several times before me. Read the posts above mine starting from RaptorTEC's post.
You have results? Post them. Have videos? Post them. You aren't doing yourself a favor by calling me ignorant for not knowing of your existence.

Also @Lunchables OP is updated with IaB XII and Collected 3.
My results do get posts, my videos are posted, and the quality of the matches are just as good if not better than all others out there... Just the other week I go to game 3 with phish-it, having a 0-death on him game 1, videos posted and resutls as well.... SO NO SIR IT IS YOUR OWN IGNORANCE HERE... not my lack posting what tournaments I can and do go to on top of writing the guide and meta for this damn character

Litt

Samus
I think the biggest issue is that there's a difference between knowing how to play matchups, seeing mistakes, and general game knowledge and the application of that information. It doesn't matter how much you know what to do, until you have results and possibly videos showing that you're also able to apply the knowledge in a high stakes match (tournament, big money match, etc)
UMMMMM I DO HAVE THE FREAKING RESULTS.... I placed 94th at Apex... barely losing to esam in the ditto r2 of my freaking pool... ummm I am power ranked 7th in my state... and videos are posted... Im flat out calling KayB out on his ignorance of my presence in the community.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
What? 94th at Apex and 7th in an unknown state?

Calm down, it's not KayB's fault your accomplishments are mediocre

Last edited:

Chevy

Smash Ace
My results do get posts, my videos are posted, and the quality of the matches are just as good if not better than all others out there... Just the other week I go to game 3 with phish-it, having a 0-death on him game 1, videos posted and resutls as well.... SO NO SIR IT IS YOUR OWN IGNORANCE HERE... not my lack posting what tournaments I can and do go to on top of writing the guide and meta for this damn character
Tone down the ego. You didn't write the meta for this character, you listed a bunch of techniques that people should use, all of it already publicly available on the Melee and PM boards. Organizing a list doesn't make you god. Furthermore, you have posted videos in the Samus forums once, and never in the thread, which is where they need to be to get attention. KayB made a nice list for us, that doesn't mean he has to scour every video for every player and rank them by himself.

Last edited:

Litt

Samus
Tone down the ego. You didn't write the meta for this character, you listed a bunch of techniques that people should use, all of it already publicly available on the Melee and PM boards. Organizing a list doesn't make you god. Furthermore, you have posted videos in the Samus forums once, and never in the thread, which is where they need to be to get attention. KayB made a nice list for us, that doesn't mean he has to scour every video for every player and rank them by himself.
Its not the ego, but the sense of being skipped over and knowing that if he even decided to pop into the samus forum a mention is warranted, sure I havent been to a huge national since apex, but im pretty sure that I was the 2nd highest placing PM samus, and I have had more than one video posted in the fourms, done by @Sprawlers... Granted I did change my tag, but no consideration at all, so Im calling him on it. As for the guide, hmmm not all of it was on the boards before I posted and I was the first one to gather all the PM info for samus in the same place and help combine the melee aspect of her meta into PM, so no where DID I SAY I AM GOD... I said I feel slighted after being the one who wrote the guide... on top of being the highest placing samus in not only my state... but my entire region

Litt

Samus
What? 94th at Apex and 7th in an unknown state?

Calm down, it's not KayB's fault your accomplishments are mediocre
Umm for my character.... that is the second best placing, and should I have not run into the current best samus in the world r2, I dare say I would have made it a bit farther... As for an unknown state... how about New England as a region... pretty sure you can respect the top placing samus in both melee and PM in a region sir, now this isnt arrogance, simply saying I got brushed over because of lack of research. If I need my name up there, I either have to spam videos of my going to a ton of tournies, or I need to be better than plup or esam... plup isnt even a PM samus main... so really at the end of the day, this list is just about as legitmate as Tafokints apex list that got him into a fight, or any other list this community puts out... ummm smash 4 tier list... PM tier and top character lists, sure im salty that someone didnt take enough time to research more than whats on the surface, but good **** to chevy and rep our character.

Chevy

Smash Ace
Umm for my character.... that is the second best placing, and should I have not run into the current best samus in the world r2, I dare say I would have made it a bit farther... As for an unknown state... how about New England as a region... pretty sure you can respect the top placing samus in both melee and PM in a region sir, now this isnt arrogance, simply saying I got brushed over because of lack of research. If I need my name up there, I either have to spam videos of my going to a ton of tournies, or I need to be better than plup or esam... plup isnt even a PM samus main... so really at the end of the day, this list is just about as legitmate as Tafokints apex list that got him into a fight, or any other list this community puts out... ummm smash 4 tier list... PM tier and top character lists, sure im salty that someone didnt take enough time to research more than whats on the surface, but good **** to chevy and rep our character.
Thank you for the mostly reasonable response. Anyway, you can't really expect people to go searching, take initiative. Like you said Plup doesn't even play her anymore as far as I know, so there should be an open spot.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
We should leave a spot open and then still not put Barbie/KLit there

Being the second best at your character in your state is not that much of an accomplishment. How many serious Samus maims are there even? How many good Samus mains are you outplacing, what are their credentials? I'm the best ROB in my state but that means nothing because there is only one other ROB in my state, and it's somebody's secondary.

Last edited:

Litt

Samus
Its not the point of rectifying a mistake or filling an open spot, this person put together a list before knowing their **** and now people are salty... surprising surprise, you would have thought smashers would have realized by now.... so am I going to make a thousand dollar money match to prove a point? Wish I had a grand I could spare because I would love to kicks KayBs ass up and down any stage, but just having plups name as a PM samus player is good enough for me to discredit this as a reputable list anyway :)

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Its not the point of rectifying a mistake or filling an open spot, this person put together a list before knowing their **** and now people are salty... surprising surprise, you would have thought smashers would have realized by now.... so am I going to make a thousand dollar money match to prove a point? Wish I had a grand I could spare because I would love to kicks KayBs *** up and down any stage, but just having plups name as a PM samus player is good enough for me to discredit this as a reputable list anyway :)
You pretty much lack any semblance of common sense. People don't know who you are...deal with it. If you want to show them differently, than win tournaments, don't make excuses online.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Me being a troll doesn't stop you from being bad or make you suddenly deserve a spot on this list

It's a shame your cancer is starting to spread from the samus forums, I wish you'd have kept yourself contained over there.

Last edited:

TheKmanOfSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5443-8100
Its not the point of rectifying a mistake or filling an open spot, this person put together a list before knowing their **** and now people are salty... surprising surprise, you would have thought smashers would have realized by now.... so am I going to make a thousand dollar money match to prove a point? Wish I had a grand I could spare because I would love to kicks KayBs *** up and down any stage, but just having plups name as a PM samus player is good enough for me to discredit this as a reputable list anyway :)
lol you're so dumb. That MM happened when Tian disagreed with the listing and Tafokints rejected his claim. KayB is saying that he can't possibly know every smasher in every region in the world, but if anyone thinks that they are worthy of being mentioned in this thread, post vids, results, etc. IN THIS THREAD and he'll review it and consider if you'll be on the list or not. But you even go so far as to compare this to Tafokints vs Tian lmao

If you were so confident in your skill, you wouldn't need validation from some list on the Internet to tell you that.

If this list means that much to you, follow the protocol: Post results and vids ON THIS THREAD, nowhere else (unless you're in a well-known region that's cataloged by KayB) or continue getting mad on a video game forum.

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
being a f*cking jerk to the person who runs the thread you so desperately want to be on is no way to get anything done.

Last edited:

POOB

Smash Journeyman
Plup's not a PM samus main anymore but he's still the second best one. This list isnt titled "best active players of each character". Thats why im still number 3 DK behind 2 people who dont main him. And im not complaining at all since they are both great players

Last edited:

Chevy

Smash Ace
Plup's not a PM samus main anymore but he's still the second best one. This list isnt titled "best active players of each character". Thats why im still number 3 DK behind 2 people who dont main him
Kinda agree, but in that case put Mew2King down for half of the cast.

Humble Dojo

Smash Apprentice
@ KayB KayB
We will be ripping it from twitch and i will post the link here when its done.

And thanks for this list man. Its gettin alot of talented players exposure and creating a new source of competition in the community.

Litt

Samus
Also KLit your location says you are from CT, the abbreviation for Connecticut, why
Because I live there...

lol you're so dumb. That MM happened when Tian disagreed with the listing and Tafokints rejected his claim. KayB is saying that he can't possibly know every smasher in every region in the world, but if anyone thinks that they are worthy of being mentioned in this thread, post vids, results, etc. IN THIS THREAD and he'll review it and consider if you'll be on the list or not. But you even go so far as to compare this to Tafokints vs Tian lmao

If you were so confident in your skill, you wouldn't need validation from some list on the Internet to tell you that.

If this list means that much to you, follow the protocol: Post results and vids ON THIS THREAD, nowhere else (unless you're in a well-known region that's cataloged by KayB) or continue getting mad on a video game forum.
Yo if you read the last comment I said I dont care about the list because its barely valid with reliable info besides the most common and basic top players being semi correct.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
UMMMMM I DO HAVE THE FREAKING RESULTS.... I placed 94th at Apex... barely losing to esam in the ditto r2 of my freaking pool... ummm I am power ranked 7th in my state... and videos are posted... Im flat out calling KayB out on his ignorance of my presence in the community.
I literally can't even

I follow Smashing Grounds in the Boston area. Never seen you. I follow the Free Saltiness, NinjaLink, and other NY channels to follow NY events. I have never heard of you. I follow SSS East Coast and West Coast. Never seen you. I follow ProjectAZMelee. Never seen you. I follow S@X, never seen you. I also follow SaltyPlayground, a European channel as well as other European channels local to UK and France, and I have never heard of you. I follow WindyCitySmash for Chicago's Wavedash Wednesdays, I have never seen you. I follow Texas' TourneyLocator channel and have looked at their monthly and weekly tournaments. Never seen you once. I follow Gimpyfish's Gamecluck locals in Washington, and I have never seen you. I even follow aMSa and a few other Japanese channels to see their PM tournaments. Haven't heard of you. I have followed every major tournament of PM so far (SKTAR 3, Apex 2014, Shuffle V, CEO 2014, CEO Prologue, RoF, BEAST 4, and more) and I have never heard of you. Nor have I met other people who know you. Nor do your results reflect that a majority of the community SHOULD know you.

The problem was not whether or not your good, it's because you came into this thread with an incredibly pompous and arrogant attitude demanding that you should be on the list with the audacity of not even mentioning your results but simply by the fact that you wrote a guide. If you had presented your results in a calm and polite manner, you wouldn't have to justify how good you are. Your history would do the talking for you.

As for Chevy, he has held his own in a state with bosses like Silent Wolf, Bladewise, and Big D. He definitely has earned his place on his list.

@ KayB KayB
We will be ripping it from twitch and i will post the link here when its done.

And thanks for this list man. Its gettin alot of talented players exposure and creating a new source of competition in the community.
Thanks man. It's a bit rare to find a high-level ditto match between two Lucarios and I was afraid that I'd be forced to use the twitch archives as a reference.

Er, it's pretty much accepted by everyone that Anther is the best Pikachu. And it's not based off the Pikachu ditto.
Is this true? I've heard debates about which player is better, but I haven't heard of a unanimous opinion favoring one side yet.

I might consider collecting some of the PR rankings and putting them here for easier access. They can be a pain to search for while looking for regional players.

Last edited:

Litt

Samus
I literally can't even

I follow Smashing Grounds in the Boston area. Never seen you. I follow the Free Saltiness, NinjaLink, and other NY channels to follow NY events. I have never heard of you. I follow SSS East Coast and West Coast. Never seen you. I follow ProjectAZMelee. Never seen you. I follow S@X, never seen you. I also follow SaltyPlayground, a European channel as well as other European channels local to UK and France, and I have never heard of you. I follow WindyCitySmash for Chicago's Wavedash Wednesdays, I have never seen you. I follow Texas' TourneyLocator channel and have looked at their monthly and weekly tournaments. Never seen you once. I follow Gimpyfish's Gamecluck locals in Washington, and I have never seen you. I even follow aMSa and a few other Japanese channels to see their PM tournaments. Haven't heard of you. I have followed every major tournament of PM so far (SKTAR 3, Apex 2014, Shuffle V, CEO 2014, CEO Prologue, RoF, BEAST 4, and more) and I have never heard of you. Nor have I met other people who know you. Nor do your results reflect that a majority of the community SHOULD know you.

The problem was not whether or not your good, it's because you came into this thread with an incredibly pompous and arrogant attitude demanding that you should be on the list with the audacity of not even mentioning your results but simply by the fact that you wrote a guide. If you had presented your results in a calm and polite manner, you wouldn't have to justify how good you are. Your history would do the talking for you.

As for Chevy, he has held his own in a state with bosses like Silent Wolf, Bladewise, and Big D. He definitely has earned his place on his list.

Thanks man. It's a bit rare to find a high-level ditto match between two Lucarios and I was afraid that I'd be forced to use the twitch archives as a reference.

Is this true? I've heard debates about which player is better, but I haven't heard of a unanimous opinion favoring one side yet.

I might consider collecting some of the PR rankings and putting them here for easier access. They can be a pain to search for while looking for regional players.
Hmmm, well I did change my tag within the past 2 months so the tag I used at apex is different now. I trained with spawn from CT in melee, and play with swiftbass regularly, and even played him at winners semis last tournament I went to. My results do speak for themselves, but CT tournies don't really have streams that often, but I was even on stream at RoM 6 and got 9th in doubles. As for smashing grounds I made it up there once and placed top 10, I moved even farther away from Mass so its rare that I make it up there now. Phish-it isnt even on the list and he has been the top placing PM player in CT for a number of months now, just because you watch streams does not mean they are the best respective players for their characters nor that there are not better players in less televised regions/states. The major tournaments in New England are melee with much less of an emphasis on PM, but there is a rising scene in CT, TKo tournaments and HoG PM weeklies are both here now and you seem to know very little about them :/. It seems while yes you are very well versed in a number of scenes, your ignorance shows that you do not in fact cover them all nor is your knowledge complete, granted no list is perfect, but to only toss 3 up where none of them really have met in tourney to give them a fair ranking against each other either.

Last edited:

BluntedMask

Smash Apprentice
No one can be omniscient, as someone else said post result threads/videos and ****. Need those sources.

For the record I placed 33rd at SKTAR as the highest ranking Charizard, so that should say something about you not being on the list for your APEX placing.

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I'm on a phone right now so I can't write a long extensive response, but I just wanted to point out that I have been keeping track of phish-it. I also want to point out that whenever I see phish-it in a out of state national, he is always one of the first players to be knocked out. So that's why you don't see him on this list.

Also getting into top 10 in smashing grounds isn't that impressive considering there are only 6ish great players who attend and half of them don't regularly attend SG.

RoM 6 also didn't have PM, so I don't know why you're suddenly talking about Melee doubles.

Last edited:

SSBM_HypnoToad

THE HypnoToad?
*cough* butthurt *cough*

SSBM_HypnoToad

THE HypnoToad?
Can I do an update? All of these are in order. Which ever ones are listed first are the ones that I think are the best.

:foxmelee:: Mango>Leffen>M2K.
:falcomelee:: PPMD>Mango.
:sheikmelee:: M2K>Ice,>Armada.
:marthmelee:: PPMD>M2K.
:peachmelee:: Armada>MacD
:falconmelee:: S2J/Mango (Hax quit using CF)
:jigglypuffmelee:: Hungrybox>Soft
:icsmelee:: Fly Amanita
:drmario:: Shroomed
:ganondorfmelee:: Kage>Bizarro Flame
:samusmelee:: Plup>Hugs
:pikachumelee:: Axe>Pikachad
:mariomelee:: Mango>ARookie
:luigimelee:: Eddy Mexico
:dkmelee:: Green Ranger
:linkmelee:: Germ>Navi
:younglinkmelee:: Armada>Axe
:zeldamelee:: Cosmo
:roymelee:: M2K>Sethlon
:mewtwomelee:: Taj>M2K
:yoshimelee:: aMSa>Vect0rMan>Yoshiiscool
:gawmelee:: M2K
:nessmelee:: Hungrybox>JimJamFlimFlam
:bowsermelee:: DJnintendo>Gimpy
:kirbymelee:: lolwut
:pichumelee:: M2K>Mango>KDJ

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Can I do an update? All of these are in order. Which ever ones are listed first are the ones that I think are the best.

:foxmelee:: Mango>Leffen>M2K.
:falcomelee:: PPMD>Mango.
:sheikmelee:: M2K>Ice,>Armada.
:marthmelee:: PPMD>M2K.
:peachmelee:: Armada>MacD
:falconmelee:: S2J/Mango (Hax quit using CF)
:jigglypuffmelee:: Hungrybox>Soft
:icsmelee:: Fly Amanita
:drmario:: Shroomed
:ganondorfmelee:: Kage>Bizarro Flame
:samusmelee:: Plup>Hugs
:pikachumelee:: Axe>Pikachad
:mariomelee:: Mango>ARookie
:luigimelee:: Eddy Mexico
:dkmelee:: Green Ranger
:linkmelee:: Germ>Navi
:younglinkmelee:: Armada>Axe
:zeldamelee:: Cosmo
:roymelee:: M2K>Sethlon
:mewtwomelee:: Taj>M2K
:yoshimelee:: aMSa>Vect0rMan>Yoshiiscool
:gawmelee:: M2K
:nessmelee:: Hungrybox>JimJamFlimFlam
:bowsermelee:: DJnintendo>Gimpy
:kirbymelee:: lolwut
:pichumelee:: M2K>Mango>KDJ
....I think you are either confused or trying to hard to be funny.

Last edited:

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
So I'm pretty prominent in the Project M community and have not heard of this Barbie person.

I will say this though - a little humility goes a long way and you have a lot to learn about it, whoever you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom