• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top Players & Videos by Character

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeZ

Smash Lord
Yo, update this list and take Pikachad off of the top 3 Mario's and take out the M2K vids for Mario. Both are bad representations of the character, and could give players the wrong idea for what they want to be doing as the character.

xJcLx

Drummer to "Oath To Order" Band
NNID
AvengedxJcLx
I main Link and I'm having my first Live Tournament this Saturday (June 7th)
I'm getting into the "MLG" scene so hopefully I'll do well in this Tournament. Not that losing is going to stop me but I'm hoping for a fun experience while playing. Watching all these "vs. Link" videos will hopefully help me out.

Nguz95

Smash Lord
That fierce diety deliciousness. Shameless plug for Majora's Mask incoming, you know, the greatest game of all time.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Yo, update this list and take Pikachad off of the top 3 Mario's and take out the M2K vids for Mario. Both are bad representations of the character, and could give players the wrong idea for what they want to be doing as the character.
There is no wrong idea for how to play the character lol. Especially if whatever he's doing is beating players like Sethlon.

Awstintacious

Smash Apprentice
How is this list even determined... I'm no expert, but (no offense) but if Kman is one of the top 5 falcons in the world, there is something wrong with the list. Is it just who has videos of them playing? Results? What gives.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
How is this list even determined... I'm no expert, but (no offense) but if Kman is one of the top 5 falcons in the world, there is something wrong with the list. Is it just who has videos of them playing? Results? What gives.
Go out, beat notable people in tournament, MM, get some vids and bring in some results. I know kman is good, I like the guy as well, but I don't think he really has much notable. If you can out do'em, go for it.

Last edited:

Smuggies800

Smash Rookie
With most of the very notable Falcon players sticking mostly to Melee, it gives players that are more active in PM a chance to get on this list for a character like Falcon even though people like S2J, Hax, and Lord exist. There's nothing wrong with this in my opinion, none of those 3 people should have a spot on this list over Kman if they don't frequent PM tourneys. That being said, Kman is a very talented and smart player, and I feel like his skill, and results, justify him being on this list as of right now. Don't agree with it? Go out, and fetch better results than him and maybe you can take his spot.

TheKmanOfSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5443-8100
Go out, beat notable people in tournament, MM, get some vids and bring in some results. I know kman is good, I like the guy as well, but I don't think he really has much notable. If you can out do'em, go for it.
Pretty much this. Other than Strawhat, I can't think of many Falcon mains in the Project M scene that consistently place well with mainly Falcon to be recognized for much. If you do know of some, tell me. I want them to get recognition. The biggest thing I did was getting 65th at Apex in P:M, tying with players that most people would consider top players in the scene (though there were complaints of Apex's seeding, if that means anything) and I know of no other P:M Falcons who were there that did any better. But my problem is that I don't go to as many events as I would like and as time passes, if other Falcon players who play and compete in this game regularly show more current and better results, I don't mind not being on this list.

If you're trying to compare me to Melee Falcons (not saying you are, but if you were), then of course I'm not even comparable seeing as I don't play that game as much (but would really like to, though). But again, that's Melee and many of those great Melee Falcons either don't play P:M at all, lose MUs they don't know and/or want to take the time to learn, or just don't like P:M Falcon or P:M in general and just go back to Melee. Hax seems to be on and off in this game and has been sometimes seen using Fox in P:M instead of Falcon. I had heard a while ago that he'd participate in P:M at SKTAR 3. He was at SKTAR but nowhere to be seen in the P:M bracket for reasons unknown to me.

Edit:

With most of the very notable Falcon players sticking mostly to Melee, it gives players that are more active in PM a chance to get on this list for a character like Falcon even though people like S2J, Hax, and Lord exist. There's nothing wrong with this in my opinion, none of those 3 people should have a spot on this list over Kman if they don't frequent PM tourneys. That being said, Kman is a very talented and smart player, and I feel like his skill, and results, justify him being on this list as of right now. Don't agree with it? Go out, and fetch better results than him and maybe you can take his spot.

<3

Last edited:

The_NZA

Smash Lord
Alright I submit:

Penis tier:
Bryonato

Eli (as Ganon)

Awestin
NZA
Oracle

Strongbad? (someone needs to confirm)

Wolf

Eli (as DK)

Thoughts!??!?

GeZ

Smash Lord
There is no wrong idea for how to play the character lol. Especially if whatever he's doing is beating players like Sethlon.
That's not true. Both of those players won games based on their inherent ability, not their aptitude for the character. If another player tried to ape it, they would develop bad habits as you can't mimic rote knowledge. It's better to showcase players like boss who have that same experience while also playing the character as they are played best.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
and what bad habits would they develop exactly?

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
bad habits, such as being good at the game and not johning over the fact that you're not on the list when they are

Awstintacious

Smash Apprentice
Kman you know I meant no disrespect, always fun games with you. I guess I just didn't understand what the criteria for the list is or how people would submit recommendations. It just felt like the xanadu crew and players that have more footage of tournament matches were better represented than most of the players I've seen or played.

There are discrepancies in the rankings because players like Porkchops (a melee player that hardly ever touches PM save tournaments) are still ranked. This opens the door for every player of melee characters to be included if they play any PM tournament matches. Why only tournament matches as well if the footage is spectacular?

GeZ

Smash Lord
and what bad habits would they develop exactly?
Pikachad has good movement but doesn't capitalize on his opportunities well enough. He also chooses really weird moves to try and use in combos. The amount of times I've seen him end a combo by Ftilt'ing for no reason is silly. He lets the other player out of the combo and lets the game reset to neutral too much. his pressure game is bad and he secures stocks less often because of it.

M2K doesn't abuse fireballs which is good, but he also doesn't use them nearly enough. He approaches with Fair and Nair a lot and gets punished for it. He switches to Mario as a fun character, but he doesn't know his tools super well because of it so his combos feel stiff and his movement/ cape/ pill usage have big holes in their application.

bad habits, such as being good at the game and not johning over the fact that you're not on the list when they are
I have fun with the game but I do critique more than I play. No johns, I just like Mario and think there are players who misrepresent him.

Edit: besides, if that was why I was complaining then I would be ******** about the whole group, when in reality I really like Gallo and Boss.

Last edited:

ThegreatVaporeon1

Smash Ace
The lack of luigi players for this thread is heartbreaking, especially considering the fact that Vist doesn't even play PM anymore. Not only that, but when Vist did play, despite being a very, very good luigi player, he never really took the time to understand Luigi's new PM AT's (aside from down b). His Luigi was basically melee Luigi. I feel if he kept playing and learned more, he'd be doing very well in big tournaments such as Zenith and Sktar (next year Sktar, now I guess). But we have Eli now to fill up that Luigi spot and seeing his videos using the character, the green slippery whale is looking great. I just wish more people took the time to explore Luigi. He really has potential in the meta, I believe.

Anyways, I will eventually be on that list for Luigi..give me about a year. >.>

Last edited:

rundas1234

Smash Cadet
any reason eli is listed for 3/4 characters? this list seems hella bias.

like, add john numbers to charizard. seriously. the guy wins like, a bunch of the SBU biweeklies and has beaten rolex, zero, etc.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542

like, add john numbers to charizard. seriously. the guy wins like, a bunch of the SBU biweeklies and has beaten rolex, zero, etc.
Watch him play those characters, and then come back.

Zujx

Smash Apprentice
This thread needs an overhaul mainly for the reasoning of with all the active players and recent videos it's kinda dumb that we have 2.6 videos in here

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
This thread needs an overhaul mainly for the reasoning of with all the active players and recent videos it's kinda dumb that we have 2.6 videos in here
OP has been working his ass off to overhaul the list whenever we get something new. I'm guessing he's keeping the 2.6 videos for reference, or maybe because the character in question hardly changed in 3.0.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Fine, I'll take off the videos from 2.6. Thought it might be nice for newcomers to 3.0 to see what previous iterations were like, but I guess not.

EDIT: videos that pre-date 3.0 are now gone.

That reminds me, I still have to put up videos from recent S@X and WDW up.

Eli easily has one of the best DK's and Luigi's in PM. He has a very solid Ness, but to be honest his name was there from the beginning, so the only reason why his name is up there is because nobody bothered to compete with it. If you can name another Ness player that has gained prominent results, be my guest. I'm perfectly fine with taking Eli off the list if justified.

Which is a good reminder for me to ask, has GMaster done anything notable recently with Ness? How about you @ The_NZA The_NZA ?

btw, do you know where I can find vids from these tournaments where John Numbers attends? I'd be pleased as punch if you could help me find some. @Keitaro ???

Last edited:

The_NZA

Smash Lord
I place top 7 at Smashing Grounds (50+ entrants) nearly every week except when I choose to go secondaries for fun. I broke top 8 at NSA2 PM (64 entrants) knocking Jesiah into losers bracket before he knocked me out of losers and took 3rd place. I've won a Smashing Grounds with around 50 entrants. Your choice if you want to put me in there...I probably am top 3 material but I'll let others judge or speak on it. Your choice bruh.

The_NZA

Smash Lord
Here are some fun vids:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDSVScdDOMg

Smashing Grounds videos are posted here:
https://www.youtube.com/user/GameUndergroundStore/playlists

You can just run a search with my name. I played like ass this week, but watch as you like. I look forward to going to a tournament where I'm not TOing since its been 3+ months since that has happened. I'd be curious how well I play when that day comes. Last one like that was Apex, and I had a lot of fun money matches I got to play, such as against Sethlon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE7DcfpSxJ8

Not really a massive accomplishment, but I also 2 stocked Umbreon at Apex in a random friendly. I hear he's like top 3 marths or shieks and he beats M2k in shiek dittos or something.

Long story short I'm not good but I'd like to be some day.

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
*shrug* I don't care about being on the list

I mean

It'd be pretty hard to have a better DK/Luigi than mine so good luck with that

As far as Ness goes, my Ness is pretty damn good but I have some glaring holes in my Ness gameplay

My Ganon imo is definitely the best but there is competition for that so I'm willing to throw down and prove it against anyone willing to do it, although Ganon dittos are pretty painful to watch
But I'll put myself to any test you wanna give me

If we're being even more honest I could probably take like 3 more characters..... ;)

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
My Ganon imo is definitely the best but there is competition for that so I'm willing to throw down and prove it against anyone willing to do it, although Ganon dittos are pretty painful to watch
I thought you were one of those people who said dittos mean nothing???

Wolf_

Smash Journeyman
Alright I submit:

Penis tier:
Bryonato

Eli (as Ganon)

Awestin
NZA
Oracle

Strongbad? (someone needs to confirm)

Wolf

Eli (as DK)

Thoughts!??!?
Nyle WTF is this even...

I mean

As far as Ness goes, my Ness is pretty damn good but I have some glaring holes in my Ness gameplay

If we're being even more honest I could probably take like 3 more characters..... ;)
Ganon dittos are hilariously fun, lets have a Ganon ditto match next time we meet, I'll try to make a trip to NY this summer

TheKmanOfSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5443-8100
Kman you know I meant no disrespect, always fun games with you. I guess I just didn't understand what the criteria for the list is or how people would submit recommendations. It just felt like the xanadu crew and players that have more footage of tournament matches were better represented than most of the players I've seen or played.

There are discrepancies in the rankings because players like Porkchops (a melee player that hardly ever touches PM save tournaments) are still ranked. This opens the door for every player of melee characters to be included if they play any PM tournament matches. Why only tournament matches as well if the footage is spectacular?
Oh yeah, no disrespect received. Always fun games with you, too. I believe that this list deserves some pretty sharp standards and criteria as I'm sure you do as well. It's just that the discrepancies exist because for a lot of the characters, there is near to no consistent character representation so the moment someone does something good with a character, they're highlighted usually due to a lack of said representation. And some characters are saturated with too many good players and it's pretty unclear who among them is the best (Diddy Kong and MK are probably the best examples, imo). Also, some regions get way too much exposure than others like MD/VA on the Xanadu stream and may get over-represented compared to people of other scenes who may not have much footage but very strong results.

I think all of these factors are due to the P:M scene being relatively new and is part of I think a hectic weeding-out process until the meta reaches some point of stability and balance in the distant future and by then we can more easily determine who is the best.Though this list and the maker of it tries his hardest to make it as accurate as possible, I think as far as the early stages of the game are concerned, unless the person has an overwhelming amount of consistent and superior placings in the game (which some people on this list do have), the rankings should be taken with a grain of salt as they can be subject to rapid change at the blink of an eye.

Also, tourney footage is usually recommended to at least provide some kind of visual standard of how the player uses said character in an official, competitive environment. If the results are there but footage is scarce, I think other kinds of footage would be ok, (friendlies, wi-fi, netplay, etc)

In closing, I think the purpose of this list has a deeper meaning than just listing the best players. I think that it's a community driver that motivates a lot of people to keep playing the game and improve. I personally don't care if I'm on the list or not but I won't deny that it's nice to see myself on the list and it encourages me to keep playing the game. Also, seeing all the trash talk it generates and seeing things like the $100 MM between Rolex and Professor Pro generates too much hype for me to personally contain xD

Last edited:

The_NZA

Smash Lord
I was just making fun of how big an e-penis measuring contest this topic was damned to become and will never be anything but. Idk eli liked it.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
It's just funny how accurate of my whining about dk = smaller penis while my using ganon = larger penis

I concur I was being a *****
I do nether
What does that say about my penis? Will I ever become a man?

ThegreatVaporeon1

Smash Ace

I mean

Give me about a year and I'll be higher than you on that luigi list. I'm going to go to the mountains to train

D

Deleted member

Eli is gahlike
luigi is gahlike
therefore
anyone who plays luigi inherits some of the gahlike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom