• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top Players & Videos by Character

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Once again, neither of us are going to sktar
Also lol, thought I'd share this little thought of mine. Jolt, Aero, and I are all 3 pieces of the triforce. I'm the Triforce of Power, Aero is the triforce of courage, and Jolt is the triforce of wisdom
Ganon's already bad. Please don't take his Triforce away from him, it's all he has. ;_;

Meechman400

Smash Cadet
Once again, neither of us are going to sktar
Also lol, thought I'd share this little thought of mine. Jolt, Aero, and I are all 3 pieces of the triforce. I'm the Triforce of Power, Aero is the triforce of courage, and Jolt is the triforce of wisdom
HOLY **** THAT IS TOO CANON.

Nguz95

Smash Lord
Just to clear things up, Texas is the best region, bar none. Getting results in an area as stacked as DFW is unbelievable.
The Lunchables hype train is about to leave the station, so get on, or you'll be sorry.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Just to clear things up, Texas is the best region, bar none. Getting results in an area as stacked as DFW is unbelievable.
The Lunchables hype train is about to leave the station, so get on, or you'll be sorry.
SoCal (DEHF, Fly, Aero, OkamiBW, Westballz, JaimeHR), Tristate (Gallo, Eli, Zhime, Rolex, Frozen, M2K), Illinois (Oro?!, Metroid, Kels, Strong Bad, Kirk, Dart!), MD/VA (Chillin, Chu Dat, Pink Fresh, Boss, Junebug, Nintendude) are pretty stacked too. Ranking well in any of these regions means that you are a player that can't be ignored. Florida (Nick Riddle, Wizzrobe, Plup, ESAM, Hungrybox) and AZ (HF Neon, K9, Nazo, Axe, Taj, SS) aren't quite there yet but they're damn close. We've also got monsters overseas too (Armada, Jolteon, Leffen, Professor Pro, Fuzzyness, aMSa). Hell, there's practically no area in the US that isn't stacked to ****. Not to mention there are some areas that have some sleepers. Washington has Silent Wolf and Bladewise, Canada has Ally, Hammertime, and Blunted_Object, North Carolina has PPMD, Colombus has Reflex, Ohio has VaNz and Mango... Man the list could go on, and there some names for some of the regions I've mentioned that I haven't even said like DLA, DSF, Hylian, Lazarond, Scythe, Junebug, and more.
That's not to say Texas isn't stacked (Lunchables, Sethlon, Infinity, Dakpo, Oracle, Awestin, Denti) but man, you guys gotta realize those other regions aren't free at the slightest.

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
SoCal (DEHF, Fly, Aero, OkamiBW, Westballz, JaimeHR) Tristate (Gallo, Eli, Zhime, Rolex, Frozen, M2K) Illinois (Oro?!, Metroid, Kels, Strong Bad, Kirk, Dart!), MD/VA (Chillin, Chu Dat, Pink Fresh, Boss, Junebug, Nintendude) are pretty stacked too. Ranking well in any of these regions means that you are a player that can't be ignored. Florida (Nick Riddle, Wizzrobe, Plup) and AZ (HF Neon, K9, Nazo, Axe, Taj, SS) aren't quite there yet but they're damn close.
Just wanted to say that FL also has Esam, who singlehandedly destroyed MD/VA recently.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i dont live in IL but I could be on a MW crew.

no offense to Metroid (<3) but these days lazarond/kirkq/rat/scythe would probably be on the crew before him too.

Last edited:

metroid1117

Smash Master
i dont live in IL but I could be on a MW crew.

no offense to Metroid (<3) but these days lazarond/kirkq/rat/scythe would probably be on the crew before him too.
I agree, I've been relatively inactive compared to the rest of Chicago. I'm sure that they've improved much more than I have over the past year, but we'll see if I can reclaim a spot among Chicago's best this summer when I start regularly attending events again :).

Last edited:

Cassio

Smash Master
By the way, I would say ESAM is better on the pikachu list than Chu Dat. Both use him as a secondary but ESAMs is way better. 3 top level players and now that list probably wont change from now until the end of PM.

Last edited:

XXXX1000

Smash Apprentice
man, is there or is there not going to be a major face-off of crew battles at SKTAR

someone who isn't me should actually set that up

either a round robin of major crews representing regions, or a side tournament for 3 or 5 player teams that anyone can sign up for

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
SoCal (DEHF, Fly, Aero, OkamiBW, Westballz, JaimeHR), Tristate (Gallo, Eli, Zhime, Rolex, Frozen, M2K), Illinois (Oro?!, Metroid, Kels, Strong Bad, Kirk, Dart!), MD/VA (Chillin, Chu Dat, Pink Fresh, Boss, Junebug, Nintendude) are pretty stacked too. Ranking well in any of these regions means that you are a player that can't be ignored. Florida (Nick Riddle, Wizzrobe, Plup, ESAM, Hungrybox) and AZ (HF Neon, K9, Nazo, Axe, Taj, SS) aren't quite there yet but they're damn close. We've also got monsters overseas too (Armada, Jolteon, Leffen, Professor Pro, Fuzzyness, aMSa). Hell, there's practically no area in the US that isn't stacked to ****. Not to mention there are some areas that have some sleepers. Washington has Silent Wolf and Bladewise, Canada has Ally, Hammertime, and Blunted_Object, North Carolina has PPMD, Colombus has Reflex, Ohio has VaNz and Mango... Man the list could go on, and there some names for some of the regions I've mentioned that I haven't even said like DLA, DSF, Hylian, Lazarond, Scythe, Junebug, and more.
That's not to say Texas isn't stacked (Lunchables, Sethlon, Infinity, Dakpo, Oracle, Awestin, Denti) but man, you guys gotta realize those other regions aren't free at the slightest.
We've also got DSF, Jonny Westside, and Disqo. Though I don't know if I'd put Jaime on our list. He hasn't gone to a SoCal tournament ever, I believe.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
We've also got DSF, Jonny Westside, and Disqo. Though I don't know if I'd put Jaime on our list. He hasn't gone to a SoCal tournament ever, I believe.
I heard Jaime beat Axe and I was like daaaaaamn. So that's why I put him on the list because I assumed he went to Socal tournies. Guess not.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Jaime is from mexico, he lives closer to socal than the main AZ tourneys but he practices the most (outside of his Mexicali scene) with MEDZ and the yuma AZ scene. He's 2-0 in sets with axe, and played Falcon/Bowser/DDD against Neon when they played last. He wins every PM tourney he comes out to(I dont think he's drop a set in AZ), honestly the only reason he didn't win Gunsmoke was that mexico celebrates mothers day on the 10th so he couldn't come. Its to be expected of one of the top 8 64 players in the world though, he's so patient its insane. He probably has one of the best DDD's but theres no vids of it.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Jaime is from mexico, he lives closer to socal than the main AZ tourneys but he practices the most (outside of his Mexicali scene) with MEDZ and the yuma AZ scene. He's 2-0 in sets with axe, and played Falcon/Bowser/DDD against Neon when they played last. He wins every PM tourney he comes out to(I dont think he's drop a set in AZ), honestly the only reason he didn't win Gunsmoke was that mexico celebrates mothers day on the 10th so he couldn't come. Its to be expected of one of the top 8 64 players in the world though, he's so patient its insane. He probably has one of the best DDD's but theres no vids of it.
So he's like Eddie Mexico?

Humble Dojo

Smash Apprentice
Yea pretty much..... Those XTR kids are stupid good. Eddy Mexico JaimeHR and the other MexiCali residents. And did i mention Eddy Mexico casually plays Pm?? We plan to get Az, and Mexicali over here in big numbers when we roll out our first official regional. Stay tuned ;)

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
So, I'm finally watching ZeRo vs Seth. ZeRo is pretty good but he seems to flub his edge gaurds a lot against him. Still got like ..40 mins of gameplay to watch though. I wounder how zero v armada will look.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
Roy's Up-B does have pretty good priority though, improper spacing means you drop the edgeguard anyway. Seth also mixes up his limited options (Up-B early, sweetspot, jump to ledge, Up-B without jumping, airdodge) extremely well and is pretty good at keeping opponents guessing, so not all of the dropped edge-guards are entirely on Zero.

Meechman400

Smash Cadet
AeroLink should be first on the Link list in my opinion. Has IE done anything lately that would justify him being first still? Also, AL has bigger wins than Wolf and he's even taken a set off of Sethlon recently.

Nguz95

Smash Lord
AeroLink should be first on the Link list in my opinion. Has IE done anything lately that would justify him being first still? Also, AL has bigger wins than Wolf and he's even taken a set off of Sethlon recently.
Somebody suggested that earlier, but then Hylian came in and killed him.

Apollo Ali

Smash Journeyman
I can't believe people care about the actual rankings on these things lol.

Also, shouldn't M2K be on the mario list by now?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
AL and Wolf play pretty much exactly the same. IE's ability to play the character and place high every tournament he enters without relying on rang will always make him better than the other links to me. Sure, they may be getting good results abusing a mechanic but that isn't a huge indicator of overall skill imo. If you're just going by pure results then sure throw AL as first. My idea of the top 3 Links looks nothing like that list though so I'm probably a bad person to ask lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom