• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top Players & Videos by Character

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo Ali

Smash Journeyman
He's an extremely stylish and aggro Donkey Kong that places top 10 at Smashing Grounds pretty much every week. Last week he was 2nd. He's one of our most hyped players over there. One of the few peoples (besides KDJ and M2K) to take Wolf into Losers. I don't actually care about this thread enough to link you to videos, but lol here https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=poob+smash

Bryonato

Green Hat
DJ Nintendo is totally coming for that Ike spot. I've been following him on NY's stream and he had a riveting set with Eli recently at GF of PM Hype Night 7. He's not there yet, I think, but he'll get there pretty soon.
can you link me to said set pls?

XXXX1000

Smash Apprentice
archives for Hype Night are at twitch.tv/beastmodeny but they don't upload them to youtube afaik, they often don't even have commentary for their sets. DJN isn't the only good player there though, Eli Frozen Gallo NinjaLink Moon and others show up too

I was actually going to raise questions about the Falcon list - I read somewhere that Strawhat no longer plays the game, and I don't think Hax played Falcon at Bar Wars - does that whole list need to be redone?

Scuba Steve

Smash Ace
I was actually going to raise questions about the Falcon list - I read somewhere that Strawhat no longer plays the game, and I don't think Hax played Falcon at Bar Wars - does that whole list need to be redone?
I think I heard in a stream for the game guys weekly that Strawhat hasn't been able to go to the weekly because he got a new job. I don't think that anything was said about him not attending tournaments at all, though.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
archives for Hype Night are at twitch.tv/beastmodeny but they don't upload them to youtube afaik, they often don't even have commentary for their sets. DJN isn't the only good player there though, Eli Frozen Gallo NinjaLink Moon and others show up too

I can't remember if it was 2.6 or 3.0, but Hax placed well at this one PM tournament before he switched to Fox in Melee. Strawhat places really well every time he goes to a tournament, which is saying something considering that Texas is insanely stacked.

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
Just for the record, that is the first time I ever didn't get 1st at those weeklies (where all the same people showed up etc.)
I wouldn't look too much into it tbh
And there's one tomorrow so we'll see what's up

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Updated. Btw, just so people know,
We need vids for the following characters (preferably winning):
  • Bowser
  • Captain Falcon
  • Charizard
  • Donkey Kong
  • Falco
  • Game & Watch that isn't Nintendude
  • Ganondorf
  • Maybe Ice Climbers
  • Ike that isn't Ally
  • Puff
  • Luigi
  • Peach (seriously, absolutely no vids)
  • Roy that isn't Sethlon
  • Samus
  • Sheik
  • Squirtle
  • Yoshi

D

Deleted member

The only roy footage I can come up with is me taking a game off of denti and me taking a game off of seth (With my own roy, I generally only play toonlink so its just toonlink footage and then a random roy every once in a while)

POOB

Smash Journeyman
Hey KayB, just wanted to say thanks for putting me on the top 3 DK's I appreciate it. Also, thanks Apollo Ali for the support/recommendation :) I'm happy to be on this list because it's been one of my goals for months lol

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Once I get more actual results with roy, I'll request to be put up as a roy but for now I'm good with my vids sitting in there.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Hey KayB, just wanted to say thanks for putting me on the top 3 DK's I appreciate it. Also, thanks Apollo Ali for the support/recommendation :) I'm happy to be on this list because it's been one of my goals for months lol
Now the real question is when are you gonna destroy SB? Everyone is still waiting for that.;)

Apollo Ali

Smash Journeyman
You know I'm your one-man hype squad, POOB.

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
I'm coming back for that R.O.B spot. I've stopped maining 1000 characters and sticking to R.O.B and Link.

Looking forward to JCeasar + Alpha Dash team at SKTAR :O ;)

I'll provide some more R.O.B videos once they're uploaded to the SuperSmashBrosUK YouTube channel.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I haven't seen videos or results of Abstract Logic and Luck for a long time (actually, I've never heard of Luck until now). Can someone link me to any vids or results?

Meechman400

Smash Cadet
There's a SoCal Ganon named Brandondorf. He's beaten a lot of our ranked players and is 11th on the PR I believe. I'll try to scrape up some footage of him soon; he's a very entertaining player to watch.

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
Abstract Logic has won two tournaments, and got second in the Texas Arcadian (Luck got first) in the past 2 months. The guy is getting ridiculously technical and is such a smart player. I think he'll be the Diddy player who's least affected by his upcoming changes, since he isn't over-reliant on Diddy's silly tools.

Arcadian Results: http://smashboards.com/threads/tx-arcadian-results.352641/

@AbstractLogic , do you have any vids from these events?

Last edited:

kevinw0w

Smash Journeyman
Abstract Logic has won two tournaments, and got second in the Texas Arcadian (Luck got first) in the past 2 months. The guy is getting ridiculously technical and is such a smart player. I think he'll be Diddy player who's least affected by his upcoming changes, since he isn't over-reliant on Diddy's silly tools.

Arcadian Results: http://smashboards.com/threads/tx-arcadian-results.352641/

@AbstractLogic , do you have any vids from these events?
adding onto this,
Luck and Abstract Logic are currently 9th and 16th on the Southwest PR, respectively. They also got 7th and 9th at KotH2: http://smashboards.com/threads/king-of-the-house-2-results.353225/

Luck vs Disafter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyKgceNlviM
Abstract Logic vs Magmios: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3aLJQxu7J4

D

Deleted member

Luck has taken a game from sethlon and beaten denti TWICE. Luck and I have also placed top 2/top 3 at every doubles tourney we team at. Luck is pretty good.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Btw, if anyone is curious, I've put the videos from the Japanese PM tournament NINJA4 in the OP as well, including aMSa as Lucario and a few other lesser known players Katiwari under Charizard and Kaito under Lucas (who has beaten aMSa).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom