• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top Players & Videos by Character

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

mario and ganon definitely need downthrow chaingrabs after sheik loses hers if only for the irony.

is that set posted somewhere wolf?

D

Deleted member

if you could fix the toonlink section with my videos and remove aerolinks videos that would be cool

Kaeldiar

Smash Ace
Vids? I'd love to see a top sonic.
http://www.twitch.tv/clashtournaments/b/511471046
1:20:00 begins playing on stream
1:29:50 JV 3-stocks M2K
Grand Finals aren't worth watching because M2K's Fox kind of bodies him.

yes

doing things in offline tournament puts you on the map, not on wifi/friendlies

this is fairly intuitive
This is the only reason I'm hesitant to say Darky should be put on this list. He's a well-known wi-fi player, but only has 1 tournament under his belt.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
People don't know about Anaky's Link. ;)

Also my set vs "reign" in the OP is actually vs Professor Pro, Reign is his sponsor. :p

AbstractLogic

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

KhanYe

Smash Journeyman
Darky's Sonic has some of the craziest movement I've seen. Hopefully he gets more exposure, but even just based off of that set, I think he's gotta be one of the top Sonics.

Broasty

Smash Journeyman
Question: If I beat Eli or Vist in a mirror match set using Luigi, can I be put on the list? Cause I'd be down to do that at CEO 2014(and it'd be an honor)

The_NZA

Smash Lord
If the majority of Sonic mains spent less time asking for buffs they'd realize how good their character actually is.
Darky made sonic look god like. How are these wifi players so damn fast in their play styles!? it defies my logic.

The_NZA

Smash Lord
The better play SHOULD be able to win ditto match. It shows who is better at handling their character.
except part of playing a character is using their unique strengths to abuse an opponent. If both players are playing the same characters, those unique strenghths apply to both players and make it so both players start interacting in a very different matchup than either one is probably used to.

For example, Ness dittos are some of the strangest things to experience for a Ness player because Ness is so strange as it is. To play against himself means your strategy that punishes someone else's fundamental game goes out the window since Ness won't abide by the same rules as a typical opponent. As a result, a lot of jank can occur.

Similarly, I don't know how a snake ditto is going to go between Prof Pro and Rolex. All things considered, neither of these guys have probably ever played other high level snakes and to do it, its going to be unlike playing against 95% of the cast.

ES Lite

The Real Slim Shady
So if my homie Jreed got put on the list:
Cakes for Mario
Deff for Bowser

They both have pretty much kept up with Jreed when it comes to tournament standings.
Also Deff's Bowser is faster and stronger than Bowser and just placed 4th at KTAR

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
The better play SHOULD be able to win ditto match. It shows who is better at handling their character.
No it doesn't. All it shows is that they're dominant at one match up. For example, a player who is good at only Marth dittos is not better than someone who loses Marth dittos but wins every other match up. Being able to excel in multiple diverse match ups shows better handling of a character.

Last edited:

Bamboo

Smash Rookie
The bowser player from those videos is insane. Also much respect to Nazo for being so good with sonic by using a Wiimote+Nunchuk

Prince Longstrok

Taker of lives, defiler of daughters.
Just today I went around and played a diverse group of people in my area and around my city- I downed every single person with my Ganon c: In no way am I saying Im one of the top Ganons, but what I am saying is, I am making progress >:D

Kage! Leelue! The day will come when you two notice me, senpais!

Looking into hitting up an ann arbor tourny just to get some footage with a diverse set of opponents. ^-^

Spralwers

Smash Ace
Kage! Leelue! The day will come when you two notice me, senpais!
Since you're a PM player, you shouldn't care the slightest bit about Kage. At this point, even I'm probably a better PM Ganon than he is. If this is was melee that'd be a different story.

D

Deleted member

The fact that you didn't trash talk back to me makes me feel really uncomfortable
you have a small peepee and your character is stupid

aight we're cool now

edit: broasty is gonna shit on everyone in like 6 months. florida is stacked and luigi players are stacked. stacked like flapjacks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Similarly, I don't know how a snake ditto is going to go between Prof Pro and Rolex. All things considered, neither of these guys have probably ever played other high level snakes and to do it, its going to be unlike playing against 95% of the cast.
I have plenty of Snake MU exp since one of my friends who I play with a lot mains Snake plus a very good understanding of my characters weakness, strengths and what I can abuse. He will surprise/shock me in no way, but I might surprise him :p

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
It's the same discomfort I get when someone I don't know comes up to me and is like "You're Eli? Dude I love your DK, it's awesome! Nice to meet you"

Like, **** that, insult me instead weirdo.

Like how the NZA trash talked me mid tournament match, that was awesome.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
I'll make sure to whisper comforting words into your ear next time I see you, Eli.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom