• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top Players & Videos by Character v3.5

Bazkip

Smash Master
@ KayB KayB you've got MorKs twice in the Canada list.
Vwins's Link isn't listed. Holy's Sheik maybe should be listed as well, considering he reset against Ally with Sheik at LAN Maisonneuve.

While we're on the topic of Canada, here's Ontario's PM PR
http://smashboards.com/threads/pm-gta-power-rankings.359496/

Also @Odds_ should probably be on the Canada list too
Maybe other people from out in Alberta too (Superboomfan plays PM I think?), I don't know much about Canada outside of Quebec and Ontario lol.

I believe Big D still plays as well, he got 3rd at PNWR a while back.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'm curious, is there a reason my WF/GF sets vs Sethlon at IaB weren't included? Good gameplay from my DK and Wario IMO, particularly my DK.

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
It is a shame that despite how many of us Roy players there are, only 2 are notable and both are from the same region. We gotta step it up.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
It is a shame that despite how many of us Roy players there are, only 2 are notable and both are from the same region. We gotta step it up.
Not just same region or same city. They are like blocks away from each other lol

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I like Marth, but then I look at Roy and I see no reason to be compelled to use Marth instead.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Another large-ish update, mostly comprising of Ohio vids.
Updated:
  • Smashing Grounds (ft. POOB, Darc, and Numerics)
  • Colombus Smash (ft. Carls, Master WGS, XYK, and more, many vids since late Jan were added, 48 vids added in total)
  • SHFFL UP (Vegas Smash) (ft. Axe, SK92, Westballz, and more)
Columbus Player Spotlights:
  • Master WGS, Bowser player, took sets off POOB and Jewchainz at Shots Fired, takes sets off of players like XYK and goes to last stock always with Carls
  • XYK, resident Luigi main, has taken sets off of Carls, Master WGS, and other Columbus regulars.
  • Soulpech, one of the few remaining Puff mains, has taken sets off players like Carls and bring Hanky Panky to the wire
  • Hanky Panky is active in the PM Columbus Scene and is doing phenomenally
  • Fizzle, the only player in recent memory that I remember took a set off of Hanky Panky. Plays a variety of characters, mostly Falcon
  • Papa, Ivy player, beaten some top Columbus players like XYK and has brought Carls and Master WGS to last game, last stock
  • Carls, the dominant Wario player of Columbus, has beaten almost everyone in the area
  • Village Mascot, Columbus' resident Link main, has taken sets off of Soulpech and almost beaten other top players
  • Fumbles, one of the very few PM ICs in existence, and has taken sets off of Village Mascot, Master WGS, and Drephen.

Last edited:

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Another large-ish update, mostly comprising of Ohio vids.
Updated:
  • Smashing Grounds (ft. POOB, Darc, and Numerics)
  • Colombus Smash (ft. Carls, Master WGS, XYK, and more, many vids since late Jan were added, 48 vids added in total)
  • SHFFL UP (Vegas Smash) (ft. Axe, SK92, Westballz, and more)
Columbus Player Spotlights:
  • Master WGS, Bowser player, took sets off POOB and Jewchainz at Shots Fired, takes sets off of players like XYK and goes to last stock always with Carls
  • XYK, resident Luigi main, has taken sets off of Carls, Master WGS, and other Columbus regulars.
  • Soulpech, one of the few remaining Puff mains, has taken sets off players like Carls and bring Hanky Panky to the wire
  • Hanky Panky is active in the PM Columbus Scene and is doing phenomenally
  • Fizzle, the only player in recent memory that I remember took a set off of Hanky Panky. Plays a variety of characters, mostly Falcon
  • Papa, Ivy player, beaten some top Columbus players like XYK and has brought Carls and Master WGS to last game, last stock
  • Carls, the dominant Wario player of Columbus, has beaten almost everyone in the area
  • Village Mascot, Columbus' resident Link main, has taken sets off of Soulpech and almost beaten other top players
  • Fumbles, one of the very few PM ICs in existence, and has taken sets off of Village Mascot, Master WGS, and Drephen.
Village Mascot and Fumbles are from Cincinnati. If you see Freze pop up, he is from Athens, Ohio. You already do have Drephen listed before, though.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Village Mascot and Fumbles are from Cincinnati. If you see Freze pop up, he is from Athens, Ohio. You already do have Drephen listed before, though.
Oh. Well at least it's still Ohio and not some Kansas/Missouri BS.

And I'm just spotlighting Ohio players in general, even ones already listed since they don't get too much exposure.

Last edited:

Venom_909

Smash Apprentice
I like Marth, but then I look at Roy and I see no reason to be compelled to use Marth instead.
I personally enjoy marth way more and like the way he combos / tippers more. I like his weight/ fall speed and the potential of wave bounce side b / and side b stalling cross ups. unsure if roy has this due to fall speed. Also shield breaker to me is so useful in this game. Feels faster with less end lag but could be placebo

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Is that a good LOL or a bad LOL

Your response dictates whether I go back and watch stream archives

:yoshi64:

D

Deleted member

Is that a good LOL or a bad LOL

Your response dictates whether I go back and watch stream archives

:yoshi64:
well i beat light, lost to luck (he played godly), beat hamyojo, infinity, luck, and then lost to lunchables. all of the sets were really good though, would recommend.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I randomly opened tourney locator and you were playing luck in wsemis. Saw you had the lead but then lost it and luck took first game. I closed the stream after that lol
Dang

and yeah I went back and saw stream archive, u did good sir

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
so did anyone see me play on stream last night LOL
Nice work getting 2nd dude. I went to sleep before WQF was even happening so I'm glad I didn't go. Woulda been mad tired.

Y u no enter Aftershock u dummy

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
!!!

No ur lying

Max u totally entered aftershock right???

??????

FlashingFire

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
The way Aftershock volunteering works is that you can only enter one event. You get some compensation for it, along with the satisfaction of making the tournament better for everyone.

Xyuza

Smash Rookie
Just watched that "Snake Flash Tutorial" Amazing stuff! Can't wait to try it and see how i can put it to the test in a tournament i'm going on Saturday! Good work.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Marth and Sheik

The dirty work was Sheik mostly though

Venom_909

Smash Apprentice
I went Roy only at IaB

... rip toon link
I have been hearing good things need to watch the videos of you soon :)

Side note: how viable do u guys believe marth is ? I feel hes up there on the tier list and only has a few rough mus

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yo so much Wario face in this thread, I like it!

it's Papa

Smash Apprentice
Oh damn, vids in the top players thread. I'm flattered :)
I have 2 more insane sets against Carls and WGS that got recorded this week, I think they'll be coming soon.

Last edited:

Xykness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XYKman
Oh hey. I also took first seed at Shots Fired with just Luigi (but left before bracket due to weather). I beat Zhu, Cipher, E2xD, and others in that pool. Hoping to get some oos vids whenever I travel in the near future.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
While I appreciate the compliment, Odds belongs on the top 5 Bowser list instead of me. Not sure if he has vids/wins vs notable players, but I'm positive he's a better player than me.

FlashingFire

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
Today we're holding an invitational bracket in Oklahoma between 12 of our top players. Assuming we get our streaming act together (fingers crossed), we should have plenty of good footage to upload within a week or so. Gnosis, Cactuarz, Zeej, myself, Hona, Dad, Jitty, and more.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Oh also look forward to more videos from Mexico players, like Jaime HR, thry expressed interest in going to socal for a weekend for 2 PM tourneys. Don't remember if they decided on what week or not, but yeah, 3.5 Jaime footage potentially, hype.

Top Bottom