• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top Players & Videos by Character v3.5

Taytertot

Smash Ace
None of those players have had showings with those characters in 3.5.
huh ok i didnt realize that. Im kinda surprised that they havent played since the change but ok fair enough.

Last edited:

TreK

Is "that guy"
Here are the VODs of 47FoS, the last French tournament in Paris
Feat EMG Leon and Charby who're both on this list already, and French commentary by Fauster who you might also know as "the bike fart guy"

Leon's Snake was not on his A game this tourney, but that's okay since he can just switch to Marth and make baby dogs cry I guess.
Charby's Marth was as good as always, although he seems to suffer from chronic dittophobia based on this tournament and the last.

Mahie ended up being unable to come and *Zen only showed up for doubles. Mahie has only lost to Leon in 3.5 and is the unofficial 2nd best French player, and *Zen has yet to enter a 3.5 tournament but was undefeated in 3.02 : the day we get those 4 guys at the same event it's going to be freaking good.

Here are all the replays, starting with the first commentated VOD (Fauster was also playing in this tournament so he could only commentate when he got eliminated) :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_VtOUmxOPY&list=PLoDMwuM2R7ot9NCEOAFhiRGJlWx3iX2wm&index=15

SF3 and I both have some pretty neat replays as well but I guess for now we're in the "has interesting VODs but doesn't quite get to put his name on that list" category imho.

Oh and since I'm already doing some shameless self advertisement in the name of the French community, if you guys want to see more of the French scene, like what my DK looks like when it doesn't get dumpstered, take a look at Satanpuuuu's WakuShow, the spiritual successor to Bidooof's Salty Highlights series =D

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Umbreon tricked me into doing Marth vs Game & Watch. He's a cheater!!
<3

D

Deleted member

Umbreon tricked me into doing Marth vs Game & Watch. He's a cheater!!
<3
in terms of MUs against you i'm kind of in a weird double bind, since i dont think i can beat you if you open on GAW vs my sheik, but then i also dont know who you'd pick against my marth atm. your roster is quite diverse but oddly weak to the character despite marth having a few solid losing MUs. you definitely gave me a huge advantage opening on ike imo

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I wanted to start every set with Ike last night. I want to put more time into my Ike, even if doing so may be a poor decision if I want to win in the short term.

TimeMuffinPhD

PhD in time travel and muffins.
NNID
TimeMuffinPhD

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
OP slightly updated again. Misclicked again and accidently x-ed out a tab for the umpteenth time. Promise I'll get something done tomorrow, hopefully Austin PM **** finally updated including some S@X, BEAST V, and SoCal. I&B stuff too if I have time.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
so Umbreon **** on me so hard when I had no sleep that I put all my efforts in to beating Oracle in a best of 5 Zelda ditto... I lost game 5 :( Umbreon is top tier tho <3

D

Deleted member

so Umbreon **** on me so hard when I had no sleep that I put all my efforts in to beating Oracle in a best of 5 Zelda ditto... I lost game 5 :( Umbreon is top tier tho <3
dude you def did better vs oracles zelda than mine, you must have just put on your serious face, looked like you really wanted it lmao

D

Deleted member

@Umbreon You can pick up items from an airdodge and tech the trips. Pls do it.
I told him this inbetween games and he told me it wasn't important

then ingame he was like "WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME I CAN WAVEDASH TO PICK UP ITEMS?"

I nearly murdered him right then and there.

Fearless

Smash Rookie
We have weeklies at UT Austin now, and stream PM every other week, with a draft crew side event this past week with me and Betch as captains.

Draft Crews at UT Austin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsQ-ud1pIpk
Team Fearless: Virchu(Shiek), Black Mamba(Zelda), Fearless(Lucario), Tarul(Shiek), Lucidity(Mewtwo), Prince Mush(Peach)
Team Betch: Branz(Ike), Betch(Ness), Sassy(G&W), Kevino(Marth), Craig(Wario), Arma(Metaknight)

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
HUGE update on the OP (two and half hours or more of updating ugghghsdfads)
Added:
  • Rest of BEAST V vids (Mango, Armada, Leffen and more)
  • SoCal (Stauffy, iPunchKidsz, Machiavelli, and more)
  • Toasted Raves (Metroid, Strong Bad, Sethlon, and more)
  • EPeen Gaming (Silent Wolf, Apples, Bladewise, and more)
  • Austin PM (Fearless, Dong, Scuba Steve, and more)
  • S@X (Swag Apocalypse, Hyperflame, Hat, and more)
  • Three weeks worth of Infinity & Beyond (Lucky, BASED UMBREON, Oracle, and more)
  • Two weeks worth of Smashing Grounds (Wolf, Irish Mafia, KevinM, and more)
  • All of McSm4shter (Kage, Armada, Ally, and more)
Coming up:
Shots Fired
Nebulous Sunday 3
SHFFL Up and Deal
CyberZone
SD6
DEBS
CyberZone 2
Tase (Texas)
47 Faces of Smash
Possibly more Zhime vids (take with grain of salt)

Ugh, why you AZprojectmelee upload so fast

Last edited:

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
if darkgun lived in Austin he'd deserve to be on this list too. DFW is ridiculously more stacked and darkgun is a lot better than fearless.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
HUGE update on the OP (two and half hours or more of updating ugghghsdfads)
Added:
  • Rest of BEAST V vids (Mango, Armada, Leffen and more)
  • SoCal (Stauffy, iPunchKidsz, Machiavelli, and more)
  • Toasted Raves (Metroid, Strong Bad, Sethlon, and more)
  • EPeen Gaming (Silent Wolf, Apples, Bladewise, and more)
  • Austin PM (Fearless, Dong, Scuba Steve, and more)
  • S@X (Swag Apocalypse, Hyperflame, Hat, and more)
  • Three weeks worth of Infinity & Beyond (Lucky, BASED UMBREON, Oracle, and more)
  • Two weeks worth of Smashing Grounds (Wolf, Irish Mafia, KevinM, and more)
  • All of McSm4shter (Kage, Armada, Ally, and more)
Coming up:
Shots Fired
Nebulous Sunday 3
SHFFL Up and Deal
CyberZone
SD6
DEBS
CyberZone 2
Tase (Texas)
47 Faces of Smash
Possibly more Zhime vids (take with grain of salt)

Ugh, why you AZprojectmelee upload so fast
Cyber zone 3 should be up today too, and tonight there will be more oksas/vixen footage

THEDADPOOL

Smash Cadet
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPyVx0XFqJTbRzuXklqLWZQ @ KayB KayB another youtube channel for pm content. Usually San diego stuff. Stauffy (lucario) has been doing extremely well as of late. On our current Pr but climbing quickly. Beat ipk at one the events as well as a few other bigger names :)
i would like to clarify that stauffy hasn't beat ipk in a set. he may have won a tournament that he attended but ipk lost to oats in winners and machiavelli in losers that tourney.

if darkgun lived in Austin he'd deserve to be on this list too. DFW is ridiculously more stacked and darkgun is a lot better than fearless.
i would probably agree but i haven't seen anything with darkgun recently

Scuba Steve

Smash Ace
Having played both, I'd rate Fearless over Darkgun. DFW is more stacked than Austin, but Darkgun could hardly be considered a top player in DFW so bringing that up doesn't really mean anything. Fearless still sucks, though

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
i would probably agree but i haven't seen anything with darkgun recently
he hasn't come out as much because of work and living 2+hrs awayaway

Having played both, I'd rate Fearless over Darkgun. DFW is more stacked than Austin, but Darkgun could hardly be considered a top player in DFW so bringing that up doesn't really mean anything. Fearless still sucks, though
it does considering the people he loses to and the people he beats are better than a lot of the ATX guys.
how recently did you play DG?
fearless still sucks tho ;p

Scuba Steve

Smash Ace
It was at one of the Farmers Fights so it was a while ago, but I also haven't seen anything new from him. I'd rate the Fearless I play now over the DG I played back then.

Let's make them money match for our amusement

TreK

Is "that guy"
Wtf umbreon just found out wavedash picks up items? Confirmed fraud.
In fact, you can safely catch thrown items doing that
Alright, imma save you all a year of metagame development
You can use the same airdodge to catch AND toss an item that's on the floor or being thrown at you kinda like if you were AGTing it despite the fact that it's not in your hands yet. It's called an instant toss in Brawl if you want to look it up. Obviously it's a bit different with directional airdodges.
Since you need to be airborne for a couple frames, the best way to attempt this technique in PM is to do an improper wavedash imo. If it's a grounded banana just airdodge horizontally, it's easy mode and you'll get more distance.

Diddy was such a big tourney threat in Brawl that people had to up their item games even if they didn't play item characters. The first banana infinite that didn't need a wall was found by a ZSS and it was against Diddy, as a matter of fact. Idk it feels like people in PM are lazy when it comes to items.

Last edited:

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
It was at one of the Farmers Fights so it was a while ago, but I also haven't seen anything new from him. I'd rate the Fearless I play now over the DG I played back then.

Let's make them money match for our amusement
he's improved a lot, for sure.
I tried to get DG to come with us to the atx monthly this weekend but no luck. aftershock?

Fearless

Smash Rookie
he's improved a lot, for sure.
I tried to get DG to come with us to the atx monthly this weekend but no luck. aftershock?
Kei$ told me he beat DG this past weekend, and I'm having a MM with him before Aftershock, I've never played DG but me and Kei$ take turns stomping each other. But as long as school doesn't get in the way, I'll be there for Aftershock as well.

Last edited:

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
Kei$ told me he beat DG this past weekend, and I'm having a MM with him before Aftershock, I've never played DG but me and Kei$ take turns stomping each other. But as long as school doesn't get in the way, I'll be there for Aftershock as well.
DG beat him in bracket and lost the MM. afaik all their other matches been in DGs favor. DG is definitely better and by no means does the ditto determine the better player

Fearless

Smash Rookie
DG beat him in bracket and lost the MM. afaik all their other matches been in DGs favor. DG is definitely better and by no means does the ditto determine the better player
That's not really a fair statement, they've been in two mutual tournaments and in one DG placed higher and in the other Kei did. Really the only way to find out who the better player is by consistent tournament results, and I agree DFW is more stacked than Austin, I've been placing higher than him in Tournaments with an equal number of players. The only way to really compare is if there were two in the same scene, other than that its just personal bias.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Idk it feels like people in PM are lazy when it comes to items.
Its probably cause usually when we lose we switch characters and when we still lose we either whine about balance or start playing Fox.

Last edited:

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
nice to know, thanks
Also a few notes from one Sheik to another.

Meta Knight
- His tech rolls are so bad that if you believe the throw is going to cause knockdown, you can walk up and reasonably expect to get the chase. I know this from playing SneakyTako and by playing vs Drephen w/ MK. Diddy Kong's tech rolls seem equally as bad.
- Basically anything that doesn't hit out of ftilt is grabbable with sheild DI. There is not that much of a mixup.
- Tip of his Fsmash vs shield I think is functionally safe vs Sheik even w/ the +5 endlag added in 3.5. Maybe you can sneak in a dash attack, but filt is too slow.
- Hard knockdown from throw is around 34% it seems.

Last edited:
Top Bottom