• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Top 5 Smash Shorts] - Week 6 ft. Samus, DK, Peach, Dedede, and Zero Suit Samus

T
his week's Weekly Top 5 Smash Shorts series ends with a blast showcasing another series of community contributed Smash clips with Coolslice's Princess Peach taking the top spot. Definitely the best week thus far.

What is a Smash Short? As the name suggests, it's a quick moment or series of events in Smash that is so good that you have to share it with someone. And we're giving you (yes, you) the opportunity to share those moments for a chance to be selected as one of the Top 5.
Congratulations to Week 6's winners!
#1 @coolslice7 (Peach): https://twitter.com/coolslice7
#2 @DanishButrCookies (Samus): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVp...
#3 Opana Opana (Donkey Kong): https://www.twitter.com/SmasherOpana
#4 Girthquake Girthquake (DDD): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtXT...
#5 @NickRiddle (ZSS) https://twitter.com/VS_NickRiddle

Check the links below to learn how you can submit your content right here on Smashboards:
Rules to Submit a Smash Short and Past Results Archive
Week 7's Official Submission Thread - Deadline: 10/25/15

Not a member? Join today and submit your best!

Missed the first few videos? Catch them here.

Stephen "Omni" Silver

Comments

I've seen a few channels try a community driven project like this with Smash, but the kind of scale Omni is doing it on with his viewer base is turning out some seriously impressive plays. I love all of the Top 5 Smash Shorts Omni has put out so far!

Last edited:
D
That Peach clip left me in stitches, holy ****.

Came here for Girthquake, I was entertained by others lol :D

.... since when does suicides count as losses?

That's Dedede's Down Tilt, not grab, and Ganon wins if he side-bs off stage. But that aside, I agree with the start of the video: this was the best one yet! Great job, Omni!

While this isn't really an Omni original, I enjoy the videos he puts together, so thanks for that.
As a side note, he doesn't seem to know much about Smash 4 with all the mistakes in his videos lol.. or maybe that's just me? Oh well! Haha. No harm done. I didn't know it was DDD's down tilt until I played him myself, either!
Other than that, the DK one was amazingly read. Great play from Opana and what a well-thought out bomb-to-spike combo by Danish. I wonder if they labbed that? It looked hilarious though, that poor Mario haha.

Thanks for putting these together Omni, and shout outs to those players.

Last edited:
That's Dedede's Down Tilt, not grab, and Ganon wins if he side-bs off stage. But that aside, I agree with the start of the video: this was the best one yet! Great job, Omni!
It doesn't look good when a fellow has put himself in a position to give the community advice about the game, yet makes noticeable mistakes that show a lack of content knowledge. I actually am a fan of omni, by and large, but he should be more knowledgeable. Or just run his video by some friends or other players to make sure he isn't missing anything (proofread, essentially).
Still good clips, though.

Can we all give a shoutout to Omni for being one of the driving forces of the online smash community? He is an awesome smasher and deserves some credit. Like this if you agree!

Lol. I know my stuff. Just a brain fart because I was thinking about DK's dash attack. I put hours into reviewing, compiling, and editing these videos. Hope one episode with one errors doesn't take that all away.

P.S. see me on wifi; id tap that ass <3

I'm not really a fan of Smash 4 but that Samus clip was by far the coolest thing I have ever seen in that game. I really want to watch more of that player now because Samus is so cool

Only one thing to say.
UNDERTALE MUSIC SPOILER GUYS

Aside from that, the best one there was the Samus play. I mean yes, the others were awesome, but that one was technical on so many levels that it deserved to take the 1st place imo.

AND I KEEP TELLING MY FRIENDS THAT PEACH HAS UNTAPPED POTENTIAL BUT *sarcasm* WHO THE HECK WOULD WANT TO PUT EFFORT INTO SM4SH'S METAGAME!?
sorry but when I have friends with Melee elitist attitudes, I've gotta let out the steam out every so often

AND I KEEP TELLING MY FRIENDS THAT PEACH HAS UNTAPPED POTENTIAL BUT *sarcasm* WHO THE HECK WOULD WANT TO PUT EFFORT INTO SM4SH'S METAGAME!?
sorry but when I have friends with Melee elitist attitudes, I've gotta let out the steam out every so often
That feel when Peach must remain forever untapped.

Lol. I know my stuff. Just a brain fart because I was thinking about DK's dash attack. I put hours into reviewing, compiling, and editing these videos. Hope one episode with one errors doesn't take that all away.

P.S. see me on wifi; id tap that *** <3
Nah, I make mistakes like that all the time, no offense meant!
It was just the honest feeling I got at the time. lol

I'm sure you did a lot of work on the video and it shows. Great stuff, too.

P.S. I'd let you try. ^_~

Top Bottom