• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top 5 Smash Shorts: Week 5 ft. Ganondorf, Falco, Captain Falcon, Luigi, and Samus

T
his week's Weekly Top 5 Smash Shorts series ends with a blast showcasing another series of community contributed Smash clips with Samus taking the top spot. You don't want to miss it.

What is a Smash Short? As the name suggests, it's a quick moment or series of events in Smash that is so good that you have to share it with someone. And we're giving you (yes, you) the opportunity to share those moments for a chance to be selected as one of the Top 5.

Check the links below to learn how you can submit your content right here on Smashboards:
Rules to Submit a Smash Short and Past Results Archive
Week 6's Official Submission Thread - Deadline: 10/13/15

Not a member? Join today and submit your best!

Missed the first few videos? Catch them here.

Last edited:
Stephen "Omni" Silver

Comments

I'm not a fan of Smash 4 in general, but some of those combos made it look like a good game. That Samus shield break combo reminded me of what happens in Smash 64. Super cool stuff!

That Saums combo was both original and amazing, its nice to see some originality in Smash 4 which it usually doesn't get, especially form an underused character. Also did anyone else noticed that 4 out of 5 videos were a FG Falcon getting destroyed? This just shows how overused and bad FG Falcons are :/

That Saums combo was both original and amazing, its nice to see some originality in Smash 4 which it usually doesn't get, especially form an underused character. Also did anyone else noticed that 4 out of 5 videos were a FG Falcon getting destroyed? This just shows how overused and bad FG Falcons are :/
They could be good players, it's just that when you play defensively/smartly against an offensive opponent you generally win unless the offensive opponent also remembers to shield/do mind game things. That's pretty much the only reason why Zelda is viable... Counting on people to not be defensive or be improperly defensive. Or just counting on them to not play smartly/like semi-good players.
:secretkpop:

Last edited:
I've seen the samus bomb shield break before but never the bomb spike, nice.

That Ganon Dair read was better than it looked (most would have opted to fair,nair with that read but that opened up more followups with a tighter hitbox) and fearless ganoncides are always beast. I'd put that one higher than the 5 slot but I'm a biased Ganon Main ;D

Good show all

Last edited:
I love Samus' Dirty Bomb, but it's a pretty standard and easy samus combo. (If you found that impressive be sure to swing by the Samus boards!)
Both the Ganandorf and especially the Falco combos were much more impressive.

I love Samus' Dirty Bomb, but it's a pretty standard and easy samus combo. (If you found that impressive be sure to swing by the Samus boards!)
Both the Ganandorf and especially the Falco combos were much more impressive.
It seems extremely situational though. The opponent would need to be positioned in between the ledge and the bomb, which is a fairly easy position to avoid unless their shield was broken, like in the video. Sick combo nonetheless.

It seems extremely situational though. The opponent would need to be positioned in between the ledge and the bomb, which is a fairly easy position to avoid unless their shield was broken, like in the video. Sick combo nonetheless.
Not at all. As long as you shield break on the main stage and not a platform you can just push people to the edge by just pushing them while walking. And you get a guaranteed kill at around 30% depending on the character. It doesn't require any spacing or di awareness the other strings in the video showed.

It's basically a clear example of the complete lack of knowledge Samus is capable of from the overall Smash community. She's not great but she's capable of more than people give her credit for

Last edited:
Gotta admit that was a sweet combo from Samus. I would have opted for a fully charged beam to do damage, but that person went and took the stock

I wish the clips were shown at full speed first before they get broken down. I'd rather see the clip in real time to be able to fully appreciate the decisions being made without knowing what happens due to being shown the slow-mo first.

Top Bottom