• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top 5 Most Wanted Characters of all Time In Terms of Satisfactory?

UserKev

Smash Champion
What are your top 5 most wanted newcomers of all time for Smash? What unconfirmed picks not yet in the roster that would give you the most everlasting satisfying dilemma?

My most everlasting wants goes as listed:

1. Cranky Kong
2. Porky (Earthbound Porkey)
3. Knuckles
4. Scorpion
5. Waddle Dee (Kirby Echo)

Last edited:
Mine Characters:
1. Kratos (Sony) - Because we never had a Sony rep in the Roster.
2. Master Chief (Microsoft) - People really want him, so why not? Plus, he is also one of Iconic VG characters.
3. ExciteBiker (Nintendo) - A Retro Rep that was planned in Melee could return back to the Smash as Fighter!
4. Space Harrier & Opa-Opa (SEGA) - Nice Arcade Rep that could fit into this game.
5. Jonesy (Epic Games) - I know it's kinda a meme pick, but Fortnite was a huge phenomenon during 2017-2018.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
What are your top 5 most wanted newcomers of all time for Smash? What unconfirmed picks not yet in the roster that would give you the most everlasting satisfying dilemma?

My most everlasting wants goes as listed:

1. Cranky Kong
2. Porky (Earthbound Porkey)
3. Knuckles
4. Scorpion
5. Waddle Dee (Kirby Echo)
satisfying dilemma?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
toad, toadette, chibi-robo, rex and tails

certainly would be very satisfying but there wouldn’t be any dilemma

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
Forgot how much I want Wario Land inspired moveset Wario. Maybe will replace Waddle Dee with Wario Land Wario.

Linkmain-maybe

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1042-6735-2236
Edelgard, she would be a fun heavy hitter axe user.

Bernadetta because OHKO’ing people with revenge is not only incredibly unbalanced, but also incredibly fun.

Master Chief because of too many reasons to list.

Monk because having Tony Shalhoub in the game would be hilarious.

Goku because… we know why ;)

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
1. Vaati
My all-time favorite Zelda villain from my all-time favorite Zelda game.

2. Kris
Deltarune is honestly one of my top 5 favorite games, so seeing Kris (or honestly anyone else from the game) would be incredible to me.

3. Lip
I just really love the idea of her in Smash, alright?

4. Captain Syrup
I've got a bit of a thing for pirate girls...and Syrup is my favorite. Plus, I always love to see classic characters come back.

5. Space Invaders
This is just too cool to pass up, right?

nightowlgirl

Smash Rookie
#1 - Cuphead (and Mugman if I were allowed to add an Echo Fighter on top of these 5 fighters. That being said, Cuphead alone would be enough to make me happy).

#2 - Shadow The Hedgehog (I literally wanted him since I was 10, so I've been wanting him for a REALLY long time. Plus Sonic needs more reps, and Shadow is one of the most popular Sonic characters after all...)

#3 - DJ Octavio (Multiple reasons for wanting him. For one, he's another villain rep. He would also work as a second Splatoon rep. As for how he would work, I imagine he would move around a smaller version of the Octobot King (this would be used for most of his moveset too)).

#4 - Another Kirby Rep (Bandana Dee, Gooey, Magolor, Dark Matter, honestly any of them sound good)

#5 - Chiaki Nanami (Honest to god I just want to see the Ultimate Gamer girl to be in the Ultimate video game crossover. Plus I like Danganronpa so I have bias.)

If I were allowed to add one more character to this list (excluding Mugman as mentioned earlier), it would either be another Zelda rep, Bomberman, or Popeye (even though he isn't a video game character, he's the reason Mario even exist so he has historical significance. Plus he could technically count as a retro rep because of the old arcade game Nintendo made with the character.)

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
whos that?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
1. Meowth either solo or teamed with Team Rocket (Ekans and Koffing or Arbok and Weezing) (Alolan Meowth and Galarian Meowth (with Galarian Weezing) as alternate costumes)
2. Toad either as regular Toad or as Captain Toad (Toadette is Echo Fighter with Peachette Final Smash)
3. Dixie Kong either solo or teamed with Kiddy Kong
4. Ganon from the NES and SNES Zelda games
5. Tom Nook as a semi clone of Villager and Isabelle (Pocket, balloon recovery, Gyroid special, tool special, Dream Nook’s Cranny Final Smash)

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
My most wanted were Sora and K. Rool. I got both. :)

Now?

5. Dr. Eggman - The last big gaming villain we're missing. Plus Sonic absolutely deserves multiple fighters.
4. Waluigi - Should've been in before plant. Love this pathetic loser.
3. Isaac - The last of the golden five that was Ridley, Palutena, K. Rool, Banjo, and himself from Smash 4 days.
2. Sakura Shinguji - I love this series, and tho it's obscure in the states, it's really important to gaming history.
1. Takamaru - The last retro character I feel is missing, and his moveset potential is great. Plus we don't have a samurai.

Blitzwing

Smash Cadet
Ultimate didn't deliver on who I wanted in the game personally. I don't care about Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy or Fatal Fury, so it just fell flat.
Now if I had to make a list:

Crash Bandicoot - Really bummed out he never made the cut. He just fits in so perfectly with the cast.
Scorpion - Street Fighter Vs. Mortal Kombat is a dream I want to see happen. Ed Boon himself even said he'd love to see Scorpion join the battle. Mortal Kombat is probably the most unlikely to get in Smash, but I want to dream.
Master Chief - Smash Bros doesn't have much representation from first-person shooter games and shooter games in general. So Master Chief will fill a niche. If any Microsoft character would get in, it's him.
Shadow the Hedgehog - Why he never got into the game, I have no idea. Shadow could of easily been an echo fighter, and the Sonic series desperately needs another character.
Rayman - Dude, we need an Ubisoft rep. I mean badly. Rayman is a platforming icon, and Nintendo and Ubisoft are very buddy, buddy.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Having put some thought into it, I really don't need Porky. Not hyped anymore.

Cranky Kong, Birdo, Knuckles, Scorpion and maybe Mr. Resetti are very promising. And are all I ask for.

FazDude

Smash Master
It's really hard to whittle all the characters I'd love to see in Smash down to five, but I sure did try. (No particular order.)
  • Waluigi (Super Mario)
    • haha funny assist trophy man go brrrrr
    • In all seriousness, though, Waluigi has a lot more moveset potential than I think people give him credit for. Sure, he hasn't appeared in a mainline Mario title, but he's appeared in tons of its spinoffs - Kart, Golf, Tennis, Party, Strikers, Baseball... All of which have little to no representation within the movesets of the current Mario cast (and aside from Kart, barely any representation at all). I think Waluigi is the best character to give a spinoff-inspired kit (next to Daisy), and you could do a lot with it with how many different manuevers and tricks he's used over the years.
    • Waluigi's personality is also a major reason why I want him in. His mannerisms alone make him a really fun character, and they could definitely bring that to Smash and then some.
    • Overall, Waluigi's not really important to Mario or gaming as a whole, but he has found himself a dedicated following regardless. Plus, isn't that Waluigi's whole backstory? He just kinda showed up one day alongside Wario and that was that. He would just be a fun, goofball character, and that would be great to see in Smash.
  • Crash Bandicoot
    • With the resurgance of Crash in the past few years, it's about time this bandicoot found his way onto the roster. With nearly 30 years worth of games under his belt, an expansive cast of characters to appear as cameos or Assist Trophies, and more moves than you can shake a Wumpa Fruit at, Crash totally has the legacy to become a Smash fighter.
  • Tails / Knuckles / Dr. Eggman / Shadow (Sonic the Hedgehog)
    • I'm listing all four of these under one slot because I don't really care too much who it is as long as Sonic gets a second rep. It's Sonic - one of the biggest mascots in gaming. While his expansive cast of characters has more than enough to bring a large assortment of them into Smash, I believe that including 1-2 of these four would be best (Tails & Knuckles for being deuteragonists of the franchise, Dr. Eggman as its antagonist, and Shadow as an extremely popular character).
    • If I had to go with one, though, I'd probably pick Eggman. With the vast array of machines and gadgets he's used over the years, there is no shortage of moveset concepts they could use.
  • Red (Angry Birds)
    • Angry Birds was the game that defined my elementary school years, so having content from it in Smash would be excellent. Plus, Red's game design would probably lead to a fun and creative moveset due to his lack of limbs, which would help him stand out among the roster.
    • Plus, I think mobile gaming is indeed real gaming, and Angry Birds was the mobile game for quite some time, so if any mobile-born character should get into Smash first, it should be Red.
  • Frisk / Sans / Papyrus / Undyne / Kris (UNDERTALE / Deltarune)
    • Similarly to Angry Birds, Undertale was the game that defined my middle school years alongside Five Nights at Freddy's (UT actually came out during a rather difficult part of my life, and I think it had at least some hand in making things better). Having any rep from the games would be neat, but if I had to narrow it down to one... I actually dunno who I'd go with. Frisk is the protagonist, of course, but Sans is a wildly popular character even outside of the Undertale fandom, while Papyrus and Undyne are super popular in their own right.
Honorable mentions go to Dart Monkey (Bloons), a rep from TF2, the Doom Slayer, and Cuphead.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Having put some thought into it, I really don't need Porky. Not hyped anymore.

Cranky Kong, Birdo, Knuckles, Scorpion and maybe Mr. Resetti are very promising. And are all I ask for.
not an unreasonable line up

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
With everything going on, here's mine after looking at my last post:

Crash Bandicoot
Dixie Kong
Impa
Gengar
Midna, Mipha, or Vaati

We need more Zelda reps
Let's see how it changed:

1. Crash Bandicoot

My all-time favorite character, iconic, legendary. I've waited 20+ years for Mario vs Sonic vs Crash. Ultimate was a missed opportunity.

2. Zelda character

I don't care what character makes it (as long as it's not Tingle...), just give us another Zelda character. Vaati, Midna, Impa, Mipha, etc. Anyone who is iconic enough to be the perfect rep for Smash and the LoZ series has a pool of potential newcomers

3. Takamaru

A heavyweight sword fighter that's retro. One of the most requested newcomers that needs the representation.

4. Dixie Kong

Probably the last major female character we need in Smash. Solo or with Kiddy Kong, Dixie deserves her spot in Smash.

5. Clefable

I know, Gen 1 and not realistic pick. Hear me out: Clefable would work as a mage type of character with using moves such as Body Slam, Psychic, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Mystic Fire, etc. Throw opponents off guard and never know what to expect. Plus Clefairy was supposed to be the mascot of the series before Pikachu was chosen, so...

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
1. Ribbon Girl (My favorite video game character. A major comfort character for me. Min Min's fine and all but I'd MUCH rather had Ribbon.)
2. Viridi (I've wanted her for FIVE-STINKING-YEARS! She comes from Sakurai's own game and has SO much potential to be fun as hell to play as.)
3. Grima (Admittely, partially cause of the reactions. On the one hand, he's another Fire Emblem character. But he is VERY different from the current FE characters. He's a perfect wildcard. Plus a villain rep for FE would be appreciated)
4. Ratchet and Clank (Completely blows down the doors, would be utterly insane, amazing moveset potential, god yes please.)
5. Zeena (Sonic Lost World character. Major potential troll pick with some fun moveset potential. I'd laugh so hard if she got in)

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I'm a little cautious in requesting Smash fighters since you can never really know how they'll be portrayed, (I don't really like heavy use of references in movesets, I much prefer original concepts) so I'll just list a few "archetypes" I guess
  1. More quadrupeds
  2. A steed user
  3. An 80s microcomputer (C64/ZX Spectrum/Amstrad/BBC Micro) rep
  4. A homegrown Microsoft rep
  5. A Sony rep
If I had to list a specific character, probably PaRappa the Rapper.

Last edited:

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
1. Shantae
2. Cranky Kong
3. Bomberman
4. Bandanna Dee
5. Knuckles

Top Bottom