• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top 5 Mega Man players

Piipp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZebraJammiez
3DS FC
2681-1864-8125
Some of them could be better than others but a lot of them have just better results

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
As of right now, I have...

1. Kamemushi (Japan)
2. ScAtt (Georgia)

These two are clearly the best right now and it's a really tough call as to who is better between Kamemushi and ScAtt, but I give the edge to Kamemushi because he has now won 3 straight notable tournaments he has entered in along with 7 straight top 8 finishes. He is also a little bit more of a technical character than ScAtt is such as being able to perform the footstool combo almost at least once a set. ScAtt is still though probably my favorite player to watch and root for. After watching an interview he did with D1 back at LVL Up Expo, he makes me want to root for him that much more and he makes us Mega Mains proud to play such a unique characer. If you haven't seen the interview yet, I highly recommend you watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxXaraCKsus

After that it's debatable, but these are some of the ones that come into mind in no particular order.

Daiki (Japan)
Nga (Japan)
Kisha (Japan)
Greward (Spain)

To the people who still say Styles is the best Mega Man in the world, just stop please. While Styles is good and very entertaining, he is a "smashtuber" who tends to be flashy when he plays against his friends and viewers. To my knowledge, he hasn't placed well at a tournament that was stacked. Also, NinjaLink doesn't actually main Mega Man even though he is pretty good with him and Zucco no longer goes to tournaments since he thinks Smash 4 isn't that fun anymore. :(

HaremofScorpions

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1564-4315-4375
Yeah I'd agree in saying that Kamemushi is the best Mega Man right now, with Scatt not too far behind. Hopefully Kamemushi can make it to a big American tournament sometime soon.

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
Yeah I'd agree in saying that Kamemushi is the best Mega Man right now, with Scatt not too far behind. Hopefully Kamemushi can make it to a big American tournament sometime soon.
Well, Kamemushi did say that he will go to EVO this year after winning 1 of his recent tournaments where he received a prize to go to any American tournament for free of his choosing. Unfortunately though, he put a target on his back by saying that he'll win EVO using Mega Man. Normally I would be rooting for ScAtt more than anyone else to win, but for this particular tournament, I hope Kamemushi wins it all assuming ScAtt will be in it.

I think that EVO 2016 could put us on the map in a similar way that Pound 2016 put Mewtwo on the map. If ScAtt is able to attend, we could end up seeing 2 Mega Men in top 16, maybe even top 8. I also give Kamemushi a decent chance to place really high. Even though Kamemushi seems to play well against the best Shieks in Japan, they aren't ZeRo, Mr. R, and VoiD. So, it'll be interesting how he stacks up against them. Who knows, maybe an unknown Mega Man will come out of nowhere and make some waves.

Last edited:

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
Unfortunately though, he put a target on his back by saying that he'll win EVO using Mega Man. Normally I would be rooting for ScAtt more than anyone else to win, but for this particular tournament, I hope Kamemushi wins it all assuming ScAtt will be in it.
We just have to root for Mega Man. Nationality doesn't matter!

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
I think I might cry tears of happiness if we were to get ScAtt and Kamemushi in a grand finals setting at a national. Also, do we know if Greward will be at EVO this year? I think he could make a deep run if he is able to make it.

Greward

Smash Lord
I think I might cry tears of happiness if we were to get ScAtt and Kamemushi in a grand finals setting at a national. Also, do we know if Greward will be at EVO this year? I think he could make a deep run if he is able to make it.
I won't, it's too expensive for me.

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
Yeah. I think it's safe to say that Kamemushi is the best Mega Man player in the world. He finished 2nd in the biggest and most stacked Smash 4 tournament up to date while defeating 2 top level Shieks (3 if you count ZeRo using Shiek in game 2 of loser's finals) while ScAtt struggles against the best Shieks in the world.

Last edited:

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
His footstool setups definitely made a huge difference in that MU, and i believe he also defeated some top level Sheiks in japan, he definitely handles this MU better than anyone.
But i don't know, he didn't ran into Larry Lurr, i still want to see how he manages against the best Fox in the world, i know he won a MM against Nakat(i think) but his Fox is nowhere near Larry's.

Don't know, i don't feel comfortable ignoring Scatt's consistency just because of 1 result, even if it was EVO, but the two are definitely the top 2 right now. I just don't want to put one over the other yet.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
His footstool setups definitely made a huge difference in that MU, and i believe he also defeated some top level Sheiks in japan, he definitely handles this MU better than anyone.
But i don't know, he didn't ran into Larry Lurr, i still want to see how he manages against the best Fox in the world, i know he won a MM against Nakat(i think) but his Fox is nowhere near Larry's.

Don't know, i don't feel comfortable ignoring Scatt's consistency just because of 1 result, even if it was EVO, but the two are definitely the top 2 right now. I just don't want to put one over the other yet.
Oh, we're not ignoring ScAtt at all. It's a shame that he didn't show up to EVO due to the rules about the controllers, but Kame getting such a high result is nothing to sneeze at. ScAtt's amazing, no doubt about that, but Kame is on a whole other level. Still, both players are doing us justice.

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
Kame is not only the best mega man but most likely the best player in the world. He has consistent results and I think he could of taken ally. Based off his sets with him he was starting to take control the last 2 games even though he lost.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
Kame is not only the best mega man but most likely the best player in the world. He has consistent results and I think he could of taken ally. Based off his sets with him he was starting to take control the last 2 games even though he lost.
Do you actually have a link with his results?

Cause what i heard was that he actually was doing kinda bad on the last 2 tournaments he went to in japan, but i can't find anything about it.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
Like i thought, with those results, i definitely wouldn't say he is the best player in the world, but for a Megaman player, those are pretty good results for his region.

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
He got 2nd at Evo the largest smash 4 tourny ever. He has beat numerous top players. If you look at his results he is consistently in top 8 except for one tournament (not including sumabatu 11 where he got 97th using Lucas).

He is the top Japanese player. The only player I can call better than him right now is Ally. And if you look at the top players like ally (getting one 49th place finish recently http://www.ssbwiki.com/Smasher:Ally Or zero who still overall is the king but hasn't been doing as well lately. As far as this month he is right up there at least top 3 if not 2nd to ally.

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
Kamemushi is a phenomenal player who knows how to bring the hype, but he isn't the best player in the world just yet. At absolute best that I would place him would be in 4th under ZeRo, Ally, and Dabuz as they have shown more consistency not only in today's meta, but throughout the entire game's lifespan. However, I will put the man in my top 10 at the very least. That man has been dominating in Japan and that is something I can't ignore.

One thing that I want to add is that once Shiek got the nerf hammer back in 1.1.5, that was when we started to hear Kame taking names like nobody's business. Why is that you might ask? Because that mu was what kept Mega Man outside the gates looking to finding a way to get in.

Top Bottom