• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top 5 Mega Man players

Grass

Smash Lord
Just out of curiosity, who do you think are your top 5 best people who play mega man. I'd say Chillin is up there like top 10 maybe. But regardless, discuss.

RamenKing1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Samakoph
3DS FC
0688-5616-9231
Zucco for sure, he has SO much stuff that is the basis of my MegaMan. Hit item game can get crazy.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
This can't end well... I try to avoid this type of discussion as it encourages rivalry among the mains.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think it'd be more helpful for everyone if we shifted this discussion towards providing recent video footage of good mega man play. I can't seem to find much. :p

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Does Chillin still play Smash 4, let alone play Mega Man?

And I like the video idea... although there is a video thread... Zucco and NinjaLink are the most recognizable Mega Man's that know what they're doing and they have some videos up in the thread.

Fenrir probably means you'll be saying "Who's better" and listing one above the other. Say, I think I'm better than Fenrir, but he thinks he's better than me. We're friends, but when 9/10 people who respond to this thread say Fenrir is head and shoulders above me and I'm not even in the top 100, I might get offended.

This is all hypothetical, of course.

Edit: For those interested, the most recognizable/ones with the most exposure to my knowledge are probably Zucco, SSGuy, NinjaLink, and Greward in that order. Seibrik is someone people knew from Brawl and he made it out of Apex pools and Badada looked good at Apex with his Mega Man (secondary) as well. Badada's games were streamed which helps his exposure, but I don't think many people knew he had a Mega Man.

Edit 2: I missed someone that should've been on that list... >.>

Last edited:

RamenKing1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Samakoph
3DS FC
0688-5616-9231
So we have Styles, Zucco, and Ninjalink so far. I can't say I've seen Chillin play MegaMan or Smash 4 in general :/

p1ay6ack

Smash Journeyman
there was a megaman at winterbrawl last weekend who made top 16. i forgot his name, but dabuz and the xfire crew were there.

Grass

Smash Lord
I'm honestly surprised no one's mentioned StylesX2. He picked up Mega Man long before I saw Zucco do it.

And idrc who's better. I just want to see what you guys think is the best.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
I'm honestly surprised no one's mentioned StylesX2. He picked up Mega Man long before I saw Zucco do it.

And idrc who's better. I just want to see what you guys think is the best.
Do you have some recent footage of Styles' Mega? I checked youtube and all I found were like... 4 month old videos and some 3DS stuff.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Never... ever take youtube non-tournament footage of a player as testament of skill. People make this mistake constantly when combo videos come out for mediocre players.

The only way to judge skill of a player, regardless of how good they look, is success in tournaments against high-lvl players.

To me at this point, Zucco and Ninjalink are the only ones with high level tourney results that indicate top mega, and everybody else is currently in the blob of "I'm doing well in my local scene!" and nearly impossible to separate at the moment.

Last edited:

uncaDon

Smash Cadet
Who's that japanese megaman player called? I'd say him ninjalink and zucco are the only ones that stand out to me. Styles is good but tourney results is what matters...

Z1GMA is good too but like with Styles, yeah, no tourney results that I know of

Last edited:

Grass

Smash Lord
Do you have some recent footage of Styles' Mega? I checked youtube and all I found were like... 4 month old videos and some 3DS stuff.
he plays with mega man on stream a lot. I kinda just watch Styles play him there. Idk if that's a legitimate showcase of how good his skills are but I found this.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
he plays with mega man on stream a lot. I kinda just watch Styles play him there. Idk if that's a legitimate showcase of how good his skills are but I found this.

Didn't know he streamed. I'm guessing Twitch... link?

Blue24

Smash Cadet
....Styles is not at the level of Ninjalink, Zucco, Badada,etc; and i respect styles alot.

RamenKing1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Samakoph
3DS FC
0688-5616-9231
I'd LIKE to say I'm a pretty good MegaMan in the Midwest. I'm usually top 20 when it comes to nationals, but I still have a LOT of improving to do. If anybody was at the Toledo, Ohio tournament I was that dude who gimped M2K.

Edit: That's not to say he didn't beat the crap out of me in the end, though ;P

Last edited:

Grass

Smash Lord
I'd LIKE to say I'm a pretty good MegaMan in the Midwest. I'm usually top 20 when it comes to nationals, but I still have a LOT of improving to do. If anybody was at the Toledo, Ohio tournament I was that dude who gimped M2K.

Edit: That's not to say he didn't beat the crap out of me in the end, though ;P
if only you gimped him and won.

RamenKing1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Samakoph
3DS FC
0688-5616-9231
It's okay, I shoryukened him at this past WI tournament in La Crosse. I'm so mad it didn't get streamed though :(

Lebrawlski

Smash Rookie
I'm a huge fan of Zucco, and I like NinjaLink a lot too. The videos of MintyFlesh at Smash Attack 3 really impressed me. He has a brutal Mega Man. I'm not sure if he just picked up Mega Man, or what, but I hadn't seen his Mega Man before that.

RamenKing1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Samakoph
3DS FC
0688-5616-9231
Same, Zucco's a guy that I really would like to learn from. My buddy GreenBeast told him about me at Apex and I fangirled a little hahaha XD

Lebrawlski

Smash Rookie
That's awesome. I wish Zucco would make more videos himself. I learned so much from the 2 or 3 MM videos he did make.

RamenKing1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Samakoph
3DS FC
0688-5616-9231
I would LOVE to see Zucco make FG videos. I would watch the crap out of them...

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Ninjalink, Zucco and Greward stand out. I can't really name top 5 at this time but those three are really paving the way and have results to back up their skill.

Last edited:

RamenKing1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Samakoph
3DS FC
0688-5616-9231
Oh dude, @ SSGuy SSGuy I just watched your youtube video against Hylen! I knew I recognized your name somewhere! As well as Hylen's, because Hylen's in my facebook smash chat and I go up against him for TL practice. Do you play friendlies against him sometimes? I have trouble against Toon Links and I kind of can't get around his constant bomb throwing + speed/rolls sometimes, especially since metal blade doesn't go through. What are your thoughts on beating TL?

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Oh dude, @ SSGuy SSGuy I just watched your youtube video against Hylen! I knew I recognized your name somewhere! As well as Hylen's, because Hylen's in my facebook smash chat and I go up against him for TL practice. Do you play friendlies against him sometimes? I have trouble against Toon Links and I kind of can't get around his constant bomb throwing + speed/rolls sometimes, especially since metal blade doesn't go through. What are your thoughts on beating TL?
I don't really play friendlies that often or any Smash Bros at all. However, I find that bombs are the biggest hurdle in this Match Up. Z-air is lame as well but you just need to play really safe against Toon Link without letting him take control of the pace of the game.

If you try to play a run away game, you will most likely lose. Same goes with Link but Toon Link is a bit faster and more of a nuisance. I do not have a Wii U match recorded with TL unfortunately but playing TL can feel like the end of the world, but it really isn't.

RamenKing1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Samakoph
3DS FC
0688-5616-9231
I don't really play friendlies that often or any Smash Bros at all. However, I find that bombs are the biggest hurdle in this Match Up. Z-air is lame as well but you just need to play really safe against Toon Link without letting him take control of the pace of the game.

If you try to play a run away game, you will most likely lose. Same goes with Link but Toon Link is a bit faster and more of a nuisance. I do not have a Wii U match recorded with TL unfortunately but playing TL can feel like the end of the world, but it really isn't.
Thanks for that man. I think I have an idea of what I can do against him to play it safe. I'm thinking get close enough to lemon him and his projectiles, but not close enough to where he can run up and throw me.

Seba!

Smash Rookie
NNID
Seba!
smashboards (dot) com/threads/its-getting-harder.389984
Can't make links yet, his post is in there
He's taking a break

Blue24

Smash Cadet
At the end of the day, its pretty hard to find who are the best Megaman, unless they get exposure via streams. And since you didn't say top 5 in USA, there could be others in different countries. For example, this girl in this low quality vid below is pretty good and has an interesting heavy-use of metal blade style.

63 person Tournament - Finals: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QACQsIN49Rg

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
wait if you don't play smash, why are you on smash boards?
I work 40 hours a week and normally get back home from my weekly series around 1am. Only to wake up at 5am to get to work. It is really hard to make time, especially when balancing NASCAR

Top Bottom