• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top 10 Reasons why Doc/Mario are actually the best characters in the game

Who do you think is the best

• Mario

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Doc

Votes: 46 59.7%
  • I'm a literal toddler.

Votes: 25 32.5%

• Total voters

Spaghetti Sammy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FreshBagels
3DS FC
0104-0256-0397
Ok **** wads. So a lot of meme machines have been going "20XX oh golly"

But I am here today to tell you, why 20XX is gunna be stopped by Doc and that pesky plumber.

1. He has the cape. Fun Fact: The cape is actually so cool that things turn around out of respect for the cape. All other characters wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat fearing they will soon encounter that peice of majestic ****ing fabric.

2. A solid combo game.
Theyve got the bread and butter
Theyve got the all or nothings that I wiff 9/10 times.
Theyve got the 0 to Deaths as long as the other guy has the DI of a Level 2 Bowser.
Theyve got it all.

3. Good Moves
Theyve got a lot of good moves
Marios Fair= C Falcons Stomp
Docs Fair = God himself slapping the **** out of someone
Their down b = Who the **** uses this
Their B = A good projectile.
All their other moves are good too.

4. Good match ups.
As long as your openent isnt Marth or Sheik or Falcon or Ness or Nintendude who will just wooble you all 4 stocks like a moraless **** wad (salty about that set with m2k) Youve got the match in the bag.

5. People tend to sleep on you.
No one expects this guy to do anything. And if youve ever talk with a Smashboards Premium member, theyll tell you Doc is bad because not only have they done minutes of research, but they gave 5 bucks to the website so they obviously know the game inside and out.
But youll use this to your advantage when you JV5 them in 3 seconds flat.

6. Hes fun.
He is.

7. Mang0 told me himself "Hey Sammy tell everyone how good Mario is, I cant because Im definitely saying this to you also youre handsom."
So I mean, all what, 7 good people at Melee think Doc or Mario is good.
And I mean how can the pros be wrong.

8 to 10: Trust me there are definitly 3 more reason why Doc is good.

So what do you guys think.

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
Top 10 reasons why Doc is not top teir

1. Sheik

2. Sheik

3. Perfect combo weight

4. average speed

5. Marth

6. Sheik

7. Bad recovery

8. Marth

9. Shroomed picked up Sheik so Doc must be bad amirite?

10. Not as cute as pichu

Last edited:

HeavyLobster1120

Smash Cadet
In my opinion some characters are extremely underdeveloped like Mario, Doc, Zelda, and Ness but what do I know. I'm just a scrub.

JipC

Smash Journeyman
Top 10 reasons why Doc is not top teir
1. Fox
2. Falco
3. Marth
4. Sheik
5. Jigglypuff
6. Peach
7. Ice Climbers
8. Captain Falcon
9. RIP shroomedoc
10. awful recovery

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
In my opinion some characters are extremely underdeveloped like Mario, Doc, Zelda, and Ness but what do I know. I'm just a scrub.
IMO the only thing underdeveloped with Doc is a few movement options and his punish game.

The big one is his punish game... before I dropped him I was messing a TON with upsmash combos... I'll think about exploring it again and posting what I found... I have some recordings that I want to post.

Palika

Smash Rookie
But guys, doc's number is eleven! Eleven is more than ten! Doc is complete garbage because of this and should have no consideration given to him whatsoever no matter what.

but seriously he's good, people need to stop sleeping on him and his insane punish game

Last edited:

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
But guys, doc's number is eleven! Eleven is more than ten! Doc is complete garbage because of this and should have no consideration given to him whatsoever no matter what.

but seriously he's good, people need to stop sleeping on him and his insane punish game
I"m going to disagree on the insane part... it's good don't get me wrong but it's not insane... an insane punish game would be fox and falco
The only thing "insane" are cape edgeguards

Spaghetti Sammy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FreshBagels
3DS FC
0104-0256-0397
In all serius:nessmelee: why is Doc better than Mario? Mario's fair combis are almost as insane as Falcon's

But Docs got the big monay punishes though.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
No one has really mastered doc's cg and it's mad easy imho. His grab punishes are simpler and thus more reliable than mario's due to having a superior fair, bair, and dsmash. But many options are unexplored. Pivot usmash and pivot utilt kill DI options on fox/falco/CF. Even jank dtilt KO setups at ledge are underused imo.

JipC

Smash Journeyman
Im not gonna talk about them like I know the Ness/Zelda meta but trust me my dude, developed or not those characters are booty butt

Hercules_64

Smash Rookie
5/7 perfect meme post but in all seriousness that super sheet is mad fun, I always get giddy whenever I face a fox cuz even though fox obviously has the better neutral by a few orders of magnitude and even though I'm a total scrub that feeling of getting that cape gimp on fox's side-b is better than sex and pretty much why I play this game, the disrespect

itsbme

Game on!
Slippi.gg
BME#828
21UP
20MD

The advantages of them is they are pretty well balanced, so they don't have massive weaknesses. But that's also their weakness. They don't excel at anything, and they're too average to perform like Falco or Marth. They do get underestimated though I think. People don't respect Mario's Fmash. Also you can do some UpB shenanigans.

At least he's not Roy. That's a hard life.

ShadowPillz

Smash Rookie
Maybe not the best character but Doc is a pretty damn good character. Sure he has poor range on his attacks, but he has a good edgeguard game with cape and bair,useful kill moves in his f-smash and down smash, and probably the move in the game, THE KOBE, a fair so powerful it knocks everyone into next week.(This is a Fact)
TL;DR Don't sleep on the Doc

Last edited:

Uchihadark7

Smash Journeyman
He has fast attacks and his wave dash is great, but I don't think he's the best. He's better than a lot of low tiers you usually see in tournament like Ganon, but his range is too short and his recovery sucks.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Ace>biz, eikelmann, and kage. You'd get ****ed :-)
LOL. I went even with bizz 5-5 games 3 years ago, it's been like 9 years since I beat Eikelmann, and he beat me 2 sets to 1. I was also one hit away from being 2-2 vs n0ne, but he barely outspaced me and I lost the exchange, went offstage and died losing 3-1. I've beat spider_sense and gone even with Tipman/linguini. Never played kage but every one of those Ganons are better than me.I'm only awesome at dittos.

Last edited:
Top Bottom