• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top 10 Most Wanted Newcomers for Smash Switch!

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
My top 10 most wanted newcomers

10. Knuckles - My second most wanted Sonic newcomer after Eggman. He has been an integral part of the Sonic series since Sonic 3 and he is a character that I enjoy playing as.
9. Black Shadow - F-Zero is a series that hasn't had a newcomer since Captain Falcon in the original and I feel it deserves to at least have a second character present. Black Shadow can be another villain to represent the whole heroes vs. villains in Smash. Plus more antagonists are good too. It would a boost to the F-Zero series in general.
8. Captain Syrup - Wario Land has always been overshadowed by the WarioWare titles and it's unfortunate because Wario Land is the series in which Wario rose to stardom; pretty much giving him his identity. Captain Syrup is a character who has connections to Wario starting back to her villain roles in Wario Land 1 & 2. Then she assisted Wario in Shake It which resulted her getting the prize at the end. I feel that she is the most deserving Wario character in my opinion. There is more Wario Land content with the spirits so that is a start.
7. Gruntilda - A great villain from the Banjo & Kazooie games. I always enjoyed her antics in the games especially her rhyming. Gruntilda's boss battles were pretty challenging and it was a treat to fight her. If it weren't for the buyout, Banjo & Kazooie could have been in by Brawl and we would have campaigning for Gruntilda during Smash 4 or Ultimate's speculation period.
6. Funky Kong - A Kong full of personality. His popularity has risen ever since being playable in Mario Kart Wii. Funky being playable in the Tropical Freeze port on the Switch makes him a more viable within the DKC series to be in Smash. His personality and expression would translate well into Smash. After Dixie gets in, then Funky is my next choice for a DK newcomer.
5. Dr. Robotnik - My most wanted Sonic newcomer. The Doc has been a part of the Sonic series since the beginning and I couldn't imagine the series without him. Another villain joining the roster is a bonus plus I think Sonic is deserving of a newcomer. Robotnik's one of my favorites of the Sonic games.
4. Isaac - A character who I started supporting during the Brawl days ever since I observed his assist trophy. Isaac's gained support big time during the Ultimate speculation period and I recently got Golden Sun. I only started to appreciate his abilities with his Psyenergy after playing part way through. It would be nice to see smaller underappreciated franchises such as Golden Sun get some playable representation.
3. Dixie Kong - One of the few Nintendo All-Stars from the 90s that is still not playable which I do not understand at all. The most identifiable trait is her hair and it should the centerpiece of her moveset. She has starred in three games in the DKC series. She even has more playable. This game isn't complete without her. Dixie's inclusion would complete the core DKC cast.
2. Banjo & Kazooie - These two have been a part of my life since my childhood. I vastly enjoyed playable the N64 titles back in the day and I still enjoy it to this day. Their arsenal of moves have so much potential in Smash it's crazy. Their personalities will shine in Smash. I have always dreamed of having these two in Smash and if the buyout didn't happen, they would have been in Smash a long long time ago. And they still have a shot for DLC. I would cry tears of joy when they finally get their dues. It's their time to come home to the place they belong.
1. Waluigi - One of the most underrated and underappreciated characters ever. My most wanted newcomer. I have enjoyed this guy ever since 2000 when Mario Tennis came out. His badassness with the glowing eyes caught my attention. His personality and popularity have grown for years and it sucks to see people call him "a meme character". He is much more than that. Waluigi deserves his chance to shine someday whether in a main Mario title, Wario Land, his own game, or the Smash battlefield.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
My top 10 most wanted newcomers:

10. Tron Bonne - Because I like her personality and it would be cool to get another character in a mach in the roster.

9. Zero - He would be a awesome addition being able to use a saber sword and a buster gun. He's my favorite Megaman character.

8. Geno - A doll that can shoot laser beams and can turn his arm into a gun would be awesome for a Smash newcomer.

7. Shantae - I love her personality and she's a half human/half genie that can transform into a bunch of different animals. She would have a amazing moveset.

6. Pig Ganon - He has appeared in more games than Ganondorf and he could give us a different version of Ganon that would bring a unique moveset to the table. If we can have 3 Links, why not 2 Ganons?

5. Porky - He's the co-antagonist of Mother 2/Earthbound and the main antagonist of Mother 3. He would bring another mach fighter which, I want more of.

4. Dixie Kong - She is my favorite Kong and she is the last DK rep that truly deserves to get into the roster. Her inclusion would make the DK representation complete pretty much.

3. Krystal - She is my favorite Star Fox character and just like Dixie, her inclusion would finally make Star Fox feel complete. She would bring a staff which, we haven't seen from a fighter in Smash yet.

2. Banjo & Kazooie - I grew up with their games and I love the bear & bird duo. They are N64 icons and would bring a very unique moveset to the table.

1. Goemon - The Ganbare Goemon/Mystical Ninja series is my favorite video game series of all time, and Goemon getting into Smash would make me even more happy than :ultkrool: getting in. He's a ninja with a chain pipe and he has this giant robot called Impact which, would probably be his Final Smash that would shoot a giant laser beam and punch all the players and knock them off the screen like he was Giga Bowser.

Last edited:

smash puffle

Smash Ace
Me second update:

1. Puffles (or any Club Penguin rep)
2. Geno
3. Mike Jones
4. Noddy
5. Kao
6. Quote
7. Neptune
8. Crash Bandicoot
9. Heavy
10. Shantae

H.M.: Ryu Hayabusa and whatever else is in my signature.

Last edited:

CureParfait

Smash Ace
1. Darkrai (Pokemon)
2. Tapu Lele (Pokemon)
3. Carmine (Under Night In Birth/ Blazblue Cross Tag Battle)
4. Platinum the Trinity ( Blazblue/ Blazblue Cross Tag Battle)
5. Celesteela (Pokemon)
6. Waluigi
7. Amagi Yukiko (Persona 4/ Persona Q)
8. Tatsumi Kanji (Persona 4/ Persona Q)
9. Thief (MapleStory DS)
10. Camilla (Fire Emblem)

Troykv

Smash Master
It's time to get update with the new times; and also I should probably put more text in my Top now.

10.- Elma. This is the weird one of the bunch; a character I mostly want because I found her gameplay possibilities incredible appealing; and her design is pretty.

9.- Cranky Kong. My favorite of the Kongs along with Funky (that it would be considered a honorable mention), his a very fun character to see around; he's meta as heck and I love the movement based in the Zelda 2 Air Attack xD

8.- Shadow the Hedgehog. I really like Shadow's style and color scheme; and think that makes me kind of a edge lord; but I had always loved to see how black and red (or similar colors) connect together; and I like his personality (well; some versions of it at least; I like the cocky, sharp but noble Shadow).

7.- KOS-MOS. She is a similar case to Elma's; but I like her design, style an abilities more; she is quite beautiful xD

6.- Decidueye. Cool and dorky Pokémon with a cool moveset and style; my Pokémon wants vary a lot because I know the trends of Smash Bros with Pokémon; so I don't know if I'll continue to want him after Gen 8; but he gave me a good impression.

5.- Crash Bandicoot. This is the first character in this Top that is here for nostalgia; I don't know how unique he would be actually; but damn; it would make my internal child happy to see him in Smash xD.

4.- Marx/Magolor. I love Kirby; and I love Magic Based Characters; and they fit both ideas, Kirby Star Allies already shows us some ideas of how would work a playable Marx xD (a bit overpower; but it has ideas to work around).

3.- Adeleine. Adeleine is probably my favorite Kirby character, and I really like her design, style and abilities; she is so cute!

2.- Bandana Waddle Dee. His position with Adeleine it can be interchangable; for the effects of this Top it doesn't matter a lot as far I remember; anyway; Bandana Dee was the underdog of the Kirby Series and now is considered and staple; quite impressive for a character that was probably created just to cover some gaps in Super Star Ultra and RtDL; he now has an identity; and special style and cute quirk; I really like him; also; Spear users are fun :p

1. Micaiah. She had been my most wanted character since the moment I actually start campaigning for Smash Bros Characters; I had always found her very unique as both a character and an unit between the Fire Emblem Cast; I thought it would be someone fun to have in a game like Smash, after all I love mages in videogames; but when I decided to know her more fondly I start to love her personality and her graceful presence, for her and my desire for her become even more personal; I would assure sure that she had change my life...

BTW I find very weird that Sothe has a Trophy and Micaiah doesn't.

I know these aren't straight facts; but I still see the possibility of Micaiah appearing in Smash.

Well... I think not much has changed about my opinions. Specially with the only character from my list being affected for Smash ATpocalypse (?) is Shadow the Edgehog.

So... let's update the list a bit then.

10. Something from Fate/Series. I became a fan of the Fate/Series in the last months; I would love to see this franchise having something... I wonder what exactly what they would do; but hey; I'm open to everything hahaha.

9.- Kyo Kusanagi. I'm a old fashioned fan of the KOF; and I actually would love to see one of their characters in Smash Bros; with my personal choice being the poster boy (Kyo)

8.- KOS-MOS. She is a similar case to Elma's; but I like her design, style an abilities more; she is quite beautiful xD

7.- Decidueye. Cool and dorky Pokémon with a cool moveset and style; my Pokémon wants vary a lot because I know the trends of Smash Bros with Pokémon; so I don't know if I'll continue to want him after Gen 8; but he gave me a good impression.

6.- Crash Bandicoot. This is the first character in this Top that is here for nostalgia; I don't know how unique he would be actually; but damn; it would make my internal child happy to see him in Smash xD.

5.- Reimu Hakurei. It would have sound weird many months ago; but I would unironically want to see Reimu Hakurei in Smash; I like the Touhou franchise and what they represent in the industry as this massive phenomenom that is pretty much a indie franchise in stereroids. Also Reimu herself is quite cute and would have some of the most insane stuff to ever appear in Smash hahaha.

4.- Marx/Magolor. I love Kirby; and I love Magic Based Characters; and they fit both ideas, Kirby Star Allies already shows us some ideas of how would work a playable Marx xD (a bit overpower; but it has ideas to work around).

3.- Adeleine. Adeleine is probably my favorite Kirby character, and I really like her design, style and abilities; she is so cute!

2.- Bandana Waddle Dee. His position with Adeleine it can be interchangable; for the effects of this Top it doesn't matter a lot as far I remember; anyway; Bandana Dee was the underdog of the Kirby Series and now is considered and staple; quite impressive for a character that was probably created just to cover some gaps in Super Star Ultra and RtDL; he now has an identity; and special style and cute quirk; I really like him; also; Spear users are fun :p

1. Micaiah. She had been my most wanted character since the moment I actually start campaigning for Smash Bros Characters; I had always found her very unique as both a character and an unit between the Fire Emblem Cast; I thought it would be someone fun to have in a game like Smash, after all I love mages in videogames; but when I decided to know her more fondly I start to love her personality and her graceful presence, for her and my desire for her become even more personal; I would assure sure that she had change my life...

(At least give me a Mii Custome please).

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
10. Black Knight. The guy is a great bad guy with a very iconic look, while he could work as an echo fine in a dream world he'd be more of a semi-clone.
9. Skull Kid. An iconic look with potential for fun dark magic/trickster moves.
8. Tails. I've loved Tails as a character forever and would love to see the Sonic series get a second rep in the form of Sonic's best bud.
7. King Boo. Boos are really fun bad guys and King Boo was such a great foil for Luigi, seeing him get in would be a lot of fun.
6. Lyn. Blazing Blade was my first Fire Emblem game and Lyn always stood out as a great character with fantastic animations.
5. Palico/Monster Hunter. Not sure if I'm allowed to vote like this but I'd love to see Monster Hunter represented in Smash with a fighter. While I think Monster Hunter would be great I'd personally love it if a Palico/Prowler made it in as a fighter.
4. Isaac. Golden Sun stands as one of my favorite games of all time and as such I'd love to see Isaac get in. He has great moveset potential with psynergy as well.
3. Elma. Elma is such a cool character and has a great design. Shes a total BA and is a much better Xenoblade rep over the half naked Pyra/Mythra.
2. Bandana Waddle Dee. I think it is physically impossible to dislike Waddle Dees. In a game full of fun characters Bandana Waddle Dee rises to the top as the perfect mix of cute and BA.
1. Ravio. Ravio was a character who stuck with me from the moment I first played ALBW and the more I played the more I grew to like his character until the end when you learn just how much depth this "joke" character has. Hes tons of fun, has great moveset potential, comes from a great series, and stands out as a unique take on being a hero.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Don't shoot, a lot of assist trophies and spirits incoming. :p

1. Isaac
2. Phoenix Wright
3. Banjo & Kazooie
4. Geno
5. Chibi-Robo
6. Waluigi
7. Dixie Kong
8. Bomberman
9. Bandana Dee
10. Elma

Honorable Mentions: Ashley, Krystal, Shovel Knight, Shantae, Shadow

I feel like I have more to gain from seeing other fanbases get their most wanted than any characters I "sorta want". (and honestly I've grown attached to the idea of most of these characters joining the fight now)

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
Mine always changes, but as of late:

10) Tabuu - Yes, Tabuu. From Brawl. Understandably, a lot of people don't want Tabuu in the game, and think Master Hand should get in over him. But Master Hand is a boss in literally every game, and Tabuu marked the endgame of what's in my opinion the best campaign Smash has ever seen. Odds are we'll never get Tabuu back as a boss in the future, so I'd just like to play as him in the actual game for a change.

9) Banjo and Kazooie - Admittedly, I didn't know much about Banjo before I've seen him in Smash. I still don't know all too much, but the fact that there's so many people who vouch for his inclusion kind of makes me want him in, too. All I ask is that if he's ever included, they don't go with his Nuts and Bolts artwork.

8) Jill Valentine - Resident Evil is one of the best selling video game franchises of all time, and although Leon is more of a staple character imo, Jill is far more iconic. I think she'd be pretty fun to use and the series should definitely get a rep considering how massive it is and how many times it has appeared on Nintendo consoles in the past.

7) Skull Kid - Among the most important and beloved characters of The Legend of Zelda that can never seem to make the cut due in part to sore misrepresentation of the series. Skull Kid is highly requested, and I think that maybe he can even come with an alt skin where he's not wearing the mask. He's certainly someone to keep an eye on.

6) Steve - I love Minecraft honestly. It's a small team's vision that manifested as an enjoyable and unique experience for all ages. Since its birth, Minecraft has had a surplus of updates, and I feel that gives Steve a lot to work with. Perhaps taking advantage of the sword, elytra, trident-- even TNT. I think he'd be an excellent fighter, and the only drawback I can think of is animating him to suit Smash but not completely retract from the game's authenticity.

5) Isaac - It almost seems physically impossible to not want Isaac in. He's first party, he's both highly adored and requested, and he's even got the moveset potential taken care of. I mean, there's so many different elements to Golden Sun (literally), and nearly every concept art of an Isaac moveset you see shows something different, unique, and fun that you probably haven't seen in any others. I'd go so far as to say he deserves to be in.

4) Neku - The World Ends With You is a phenomenal game imo. I absolutely adore the final remix and Neku, being one of my favorite fictional characters, is someone I'd like to see in Smash. He has a wide variety of pins in the game he comes from, and can even summon his partner, Shiki, in combat. I've opened up to the idea of summoners lately, and I really think that Neku shows a lot of promise (moveset and soundtrack wise).

3) The Knight - The Knight is the main character of Hollow Knight, which I can confidently say is one of the best games I've ever played and is a must play for Switch owners. The Knight can draw inspiration from Hallownest and the world around him in his moveset (maybe going in an elevator as his recovery). At any rate, The Knight is a dream character for me, but its mechanics in game seem almost too perfect for a Smash translation.

2) Either Porky or the Masked Man - Both are honestly great options. Porky has more moveset potential and is more relevant to his series, but I just found the Masked Man's character to be more intriguing in game. I wouldn't care if one gets in over the other; all I care about is another Mother rep.

1) Geno - Has tons of fans, moveset potential, and would generate massive amounts of hype. I've always loved Geno ever since I found out he existed, so naturally I was ecstatic to find out his fanbase for Smash was so extensive. Overall my dream character and most wanted of all time.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Don't shoot, a lot of assist trophies and spirits incoming. :p

1. Isaac
2. Phoenix Wright
3. Banjo & Kazooie
4. Geno
5. Chibi-Robo
6. Waluigi
7. Dixie Kong
8. Bomberman
9. Bandana Dee
10. Elma

Honorable Mentions: Ashley, Krystal, Shovel Knight, Shantae, Shadow

I feel like I have more to gain from seeing other fanbases get their most wanted than any characters I "sorta want". (and honestly I've grown attached to the idea of most of these characters joining the fight now)
Hey, a kindred spirit!

HYRULESHERO42

Smash Journeyman
10. Captain Syrup - Wario Land
9. Medusa - Kid Icarus
8. Devil - Devil World
7. Ray01 - Custom Robo
6. Masked Man - Mother 3
5. Tin Star - Tin Star
4. Mach Rider - (revealed as a woman all along)
3. Dillon - Rolling Western
2. Min Min - Arms
1. Wonder Red - Wonderful 101

Last edited:

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
So now that we got Inkling, Ridley AND K. Rool, and the tragic deconfirmation of Shovel Knight, I figured I’d give this an update.

At this point it’s hard not to be incredibly satisfied with what we’ve already gotten. The only character that I reeaally still want in this game is Isaac. If I get him I’ll be way beyond satisfied. That said, there are still plenty of other characters that I would love to see.

10. Erdrick - One of the biggest sleeper picks for sure. Dragon Quest is proabably the biggest third party IP without represention in Smash. Which is kind of crazy since it’s history is so vast, it’s incredibly tied with Nintendo, and it’s absolutely huge in Japan. Like insanely big. Bigger than Final Fantasy. He also could represent the Enix side of Square Enix, which would be really satisfying. And he would just be a cool addition to Smash, and in my opinion would rep the series much better than Slime.

9. Dixie Kong - This would really round out the DK representation perfectly. That said, I don’t want her as an echo. I would much prefer her to get the Isabelle treatment.

8. Lloyd Irving - If Sega, Konami, and Square all get multiple characters, I think it’s only fair for Namco to get something. And personally, I find Tales a lot more interesting than Tekken. And Heihachi just doesn’t appeal to me as a fighter as much as Lloyd. Also, his fans have been clamoring for him for some time.

7. Dovahkiin - A very personal pick. Skyrim is one of my favorite games of the past few years, and it would be way past rad to see Dragonborn playable in Smash. It’s highly unlikely, but it could make for a really good surprise DLC character, ala Cloud.

6. Excitebiker - This is the last retro character that I think highly warrants inclusion in Smash. The Excitebike series is rather iconic, and he could offer an incredibly unique play style where he’s completely attached to his bike.

5. Rayman - Man. I miss this character being the top of discussion back in the day of ArtsyOmni. Sadly he doesn’t seem nearly as likely or requested as he once was. I still think he’s a perfect fit, and I’m sure Ubisoft would be all about it.

4. Saki - Sin & Punishment is a little known gem that deserves some recognition. Saki doesn’t even need to be a particularly extravagant or gimmicky character. Just a really simple, fun addition that would help expand the representation of Nintendo’s history.

3. Toad - I know he’s already been shown as part of Peach and Daisy’s moveset, and apparently Captain Toad is confirmed to be stage element. Regardless, this is one of the very few Nintendo icons that genuinely feel like they’re missing from Ultimate.

2. Ray - I love Custom Robo and want it to have another chance to see the light of day. And playing as a mecha in Smash would just be too damn cool.

1. Isaac - He’s literally perfect for Smash. Iconic Nintendo series that still isn’t repped in Smash. Insane moveset potential (earth Psynergy, utility Psynergy, djinn unleashes, summons). And he has a surprisingly large fanbase that have been patiently waiting for him for quite some time now. If he gets in, I’m good.

Some honorable mentions go to Bandana Dee, Geno, Ryu Hyabusa, Marx, Elma, Samurai Goroh, and so many others that I’m sure I’m forgetting. And if I had to add an 11th it would probably be Karate Joe/RH rep. Really I’m just so satisfied that anyone they add at this point is just icing on an already delicious cake.
Now that the game has been out for some time, I think it’d be fine to give this one more good update. I’m already so stinking satisfied with all the newcomers we’ve gotten, as well as both Piranha Plant and Joker that it’s hard to imagine that we still have at least four completely unique newcomers on the way. And since the major leaks are already pouring in quickly I might as well make this sooner rather than later.

Quick rule: I decided that I wasn’t gonna include anyone who is already in Ultimate in any capacity. While there are plenty of assists, Mii costumes, and spirits that would be perfect as fighters, I feel like this is the more plausible scenario, at least for the first fighter pass. Anyway...

10. Bill Rizer - Kind of like Simon and Mega Man, this is one of those NES classics that simply feels right to have in Smash. Contra is one of the icons of classic Nintendo, and is still referenced to this day despite being a rather stagnant franchise. I think Bill could be really cool as a Rambo-esque character, and could fit in Smash surprisingly well, the same way someone like Snake fits in.

9. Banjo & Kazooie - While I don’t have a personal attachment to these characters, I know plenty of people who do. For their sake, it would be awesome if this could finally happen.

8. Heihachi - Would work really well as a parallel to Ryu, would sort of add another villain character, and could offer a rather interesting fighting style. Sounds good to me. Although there is a Namco character, and an iconic fighting game character that I would want just a bit more...

7. Monster Hunter - Monster Hunter is dope. It’s one of those games that me and a couple of friends only just got into, but holy ****. What an addicting use of my time. I could play it for hours and hours and never get bored. It would be killer to actually see this character happen.

6. Lloyd Irving - My preferred second Namco rep. Tales of Symphonia is rad. Lloyd is a cool character, with cool abilities and a cool design.

5. Steve - Yup. I genuinely want Steve. Minecraft is fun. I don’t care what you say. It’s iconic, it’s popular, it’s unique. Hell, I would even call it revolutionary. It took the internet over, while only being developed by one man! That’s badass. No doubt it justifies an inclusion in Video Games: The Game. On top of that, I do think a playable fighter could be really interesting. It’s a little difficult for me to envision it myself, but I would be more than interested in what Sakurai could come up with!

4. Ryu Hayabusa - Another icon of the NES era. This character would fit right into Smash and makes perfect sense. His series has a long history with Nintendo, and like Castlevania, has stayed surprisingly consistent with recent releases. On top of that, Tecmo has done a lot of work with Nintendo recently. I’d love to see him get in, and with all of his signature ninja abilities he would make a super fun fighter!

3. Erdrick - Dragon Quest simply deserves it. Such a big series that’s somehow still absent from Smash entirely. It is absolutely huge in Japan. Like the third best selling gaming franchise I’m pretty sure. This is one of those things that should just simply happen. Plus, there are a lot of cool abilities that Erdrick could use.

2. Dovahkiin - This would be so epic for me. Skyrim is easily one of my top 5 most played games of all time. The way it immerses me into its world is uncanny. Having it crossover with Smash would be a dream. Also, I pray that they would add a Khajiit or Wood Elf alt. I never found the Nords all that appealing.

1. Scorpion/Sub-Zero - Oh my god. I cannot believe that this is a possibility. Mortal Kombat is by far my absolute favorite non-Nintendo series. When there are no Smash, or mainline Mario games coming out, this is the series that I get most hype for. I love everything about it! The gameplay, the story, the history, the characters, the flashy finishers, the secrets, the developers, the style. Everything. It is such a fun, amazing series. And after Smash, it’s my fighting game of choice. I don’t really care if it’s Scorpion or Sub-Zero. I feel like Scorpion is more the actual face of the series, but I also personally like Sub-Zero more and do feel like an ice based character could be really interesting one Smash. Maybe they can somehow put in both as semi-clones of each other? I don’t know. But with other fighting game icons like Ryu and Ken, mature characters like Bayo and Snake, and crazy left field characters like Joker, this seems like a genuine possibility. And with MK11 in the Switch’s future AHHHHH just thinking about it gets me so HYPE. I really hope that this can happen. It would honestly complete Smash for me.

Also just for the hell of it...

Top 8 Assists/Spirits/Mii Costumes for Smash
8. Excitebiker
7. Waluigi
6. Meowth
5. Shovel Knight
4. Rayman
3. Toad
2. Ray
1. Isaac

And Top 3 Echoes
3. Impa
2. Octoling
1. Felix :p

Last edited:

H0L0CENE

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-5048-8462-1228
Let's start with 5 characters who are in as spirits that would be great, but I don't expect for DLC.

1. Chibi-Robo
2. Bandana Dee
3. Chorus Kids
4. Tetra
5. Hector

And 5 characters who are third party who I really really hope could be DLC.

1. Sora
2. Phoenix Wright
3. Ryu Hayabusa
4. Solaire
5. Professor Layton

Super10ZX

Smash Journeyman
My current top 10:

10. Banjo-Kazooie
9. Ashley (WarioWare)
8. Bandana Waddle Dee (Kirby)
7. Decidueye (Pokémon)
6. Ninjara (ARMS)
5. Dillion (Dillion’s Rolling Western)
4. Susie (Kirby)
3. Shovel Knight
2. King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country)
1. Fawful (Super Mario Bros.)
Going to update my list, and actually include deconfirmed characters on this (it was pretty dumb of me not to include them before).

10. Bandana Waddle Dee (Kirby)
9. Decidueye (Pokémon)
8. Ninjara (ARMS)
7. Dillion (Dillion’s Rolling Western)
6. Midna (Zelda)
5. Waluigi (Mario)
4. Susie (Kirby)
3. Shovel Knight
2. Starfy (The Legendary Starfy)
1. Fawful (Mario)

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio
The Top #10 Newcomer Character's I Want To See As Playable Fighter's In Super Smash Bros Ultimate (As Actual Playable Character's And Not Assist Trophies Or Spirit Stickers) (As Future DLC) (1-10)!

#1. A New Earthbound/Mother Character- Either The Masked Man/Claus (From Mother 3) Or Porky Minch (From Earthbound/Mother 2)

#2. Another New Donkey Kong Character- Either Dixie Kong Or Stanley The Bugman (From Donkey Kong 3)

#3. Sub-Zero (From The Mortal Kombat Series) (Owned By NetherRealm Studios)

#4. Another New Metroid Character- Either Sylux (From Metroid Prime Hunters) Or Anthony Higgs (From Metroid: Other M)

#5. A Second Square Enix Character- Either Sora (From The Kingdom Hearts Series) Or Lara Croft (From The Tomb Raider Series)

#6. A New Kirby Character- Either Prince Fluff (From Kirby's Epic Yarn) Or Adeleine (From Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards)

#7. A Second Namco Bandai Character- Either Heihachi Mishima (From The Tekken Series) Or Klonoa (From The Klonoa Series)

#8. A New Kid Icarus Character- Either Medusa Or Hades (Both Are From Kid Icarus: Uprising)

#9. The Mach Rider (From Mach Rider On NES)

#10. A New Punch-Out Character- Either King Hippo Or Mr. Sandman (Both Are From Punch-Out On The Nintendo Wii)

Ultrashroomz

Smash Journeyman
Probably the last time I'm updating my list, note that given the circumstances, the top 5 characters will be the characters I want the most, while the other 5 are just moderate wants. Spirits do not deconfirm characters imo.

10. Ninten
9. KOS-MOS
8. Aigis (Persona 3/Persona Q)
7. Ayumi Tachibana
6. The unnamed girl from Monolith Soft's concept art thing (big stretch I know, but I could've think of a 10th character, you all owe me a drink if I somehow predict this correctly)
5. Geno
4. Octoling (my hopes are slightly lower due to DLC echoes being deconfirmed)
3. Crash Bandicoot
2. Celica (Fire Emblem Gaiden/Fire Emblem Echoes)
1. Joker (Persona 5/Persona Q2)
Man, I still have trouble processing that my most wanted character actually got in Smash, lmao. I know I said that would be my last update, but considering the extreme circumstances, I feel one more update is necessary (I'm aware that at least three of these characters are basically deconfirmed, but I literally can't think of any other characters that could top Joker for me, besides Crash).

10. Geno
9. The Knight (Hollow Knight)
8. Aigis (Persona 3)
7. Octoling
6. Celica (Fire Emblem)
5. KOS-MOS
4. Travis Touchdown
3. Dante
2. Zero (Mega Man X)
1. Crash Bandicoot

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Mine are in my sig, but why not explain?
10. Ryu Hayubusa/Specter Knight. first let's go with Ryu. I love the classic ninja gaiden games and Ryu could represent those. Plus having a true ninja would be awesome. Specter Knight, on the other hand, is because of my love of specter of torment. It is a master class in game design and it honestly deserves representation. Also I want to grind on stages with my scythe.
9. Zero. I love Mega Man Zero. the first game is one of my favorites and 2 and 3 are incredible to. He could be a unique mix of swordfighter and zoner.
8. Black Mage. I love his moveset in SSF2 (especially 9b). and that is only scratching the surface with his potential. He could be so many things.
7. Tails/Waluigi. starting with Tails. I love Sonic. It is my favorite franchise of all time. and Tails could be so unique and different as a character. Just look at (again) SSF2! He has such potential to be unique. Waluigi, tho, is where stuff gets gud. I want rep for the sports games and party games. and Waluigi could provide thqt. Plus, it's waluigi.
6. Shy Guy. I love Shy Guys. They are adorable, unique, and have so much variety. I would.love to see what one could bring to Smash.
5. Banjo - Kazooie. This duo could provide a lot of potential for Smash. They have two amazing games, as well as many other appearances. Plus Microsoft deserves a rep.
4. Geno/Hollow Knight. Starting with geno; what can I say? He is so unique and interesting. Hollow Knight, tho, is different. I love Hollow Knight. I think it is one of the greatest video games ever made. And I want it to get representation. and the main character as playable could actively that. however..
3. Shovel Knight: In terms of indies, I want shovel Knight more. I love shovel Knight. How character, to rivals of aether's incredible moveset. He is so unique that honestly I think he deserves to get jn.
2. Bandana Waddle Dee: Bandana Waddle Dee is soo high because of SSF2. His mindset their is so unique and different that I want him. However...
1. Shadow: I want Shadow a hell of a lot more. Shadow the Hedgehog is one of my favorite characters of all time, and to see him included in a crossover with gaming's finest, would be incredible. His potential is extraordinary, his character is amazing, and Radical Highway as a stage with tracks like Throw It all Away, all hail Shadow, supporting Me, and more would be one of my favorite things ever. Shadow is, and always has been, my most wanted.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I already posted this in a different thread, though... I updated the chart (it may still change with time).
From least wanted to most wanted.

10-Vaati (really, I don't know who to place at position 10, it's a random choice that I would be happy to see but I don't really "want")

low priority:
9-Galacta Knight (not echo) (but I want Adeleine more)
8-Dark Matter Blade (but I want Adeleine more)
7-Marx (but I want Adeleine more)

medium priority:
6-Cpt Syrup (will never happen)
5-Karate Joe (unlikely)
4-Geno (surprisingly likely!)
3-Explorer/Treasure Hunter Wario (with a moveset based on Warioland; unlikely)

high priority:
2-Classic Ganon (possible but we already got many bad guys recently)

WANT NOW:
1-Adeleine(&Ribbbon?) (one can dream(friend))
I'm going to update this list as well.
I have many unrealistic choices as well, along with characters that I like but I don't really actively "want"; I'm excluding them from the list and I'm going to put only the ones I really want and that have at least a chance of happening.

10-???
9-???
8-???

I don't know. I really don't know who I should put here. I'll say Knuckles, Tetra (or Tingle) and well... maybe someone else from Kirby such as Dark Matter or Magolor, if you really want 3 names. Put them in the order you want.

7-Geno (Super Mario RPG)
I'm still a fan of Geno, but with the time, my interest in this character is decreasing. He's cool, he can have a lot of fancy star effects in his attacks and really feel like a magical star puppet with insane fire power. But at the end of the day, I realized that he would most likely be just a gunner, and I'm not really that excited for him anymore... but I still want him, a bit.

6-Prof. E. Gadd (Super Mario series/Luigi's Mansion series)
Because let's be honest here... The FLUDD, the Poltergeist #, and Bowser Jr's paintbrush... all in one moveset, plus many other exclusive gimmicks. Wouldn't it be awesome? An inventor-type fighter is missing in Smash, and while Tails may cover that sometimes in the future, I think E. Gadd would be more fun since he has absolutely no fighting skills and he would only rely on his gimmicks to fight.

5-Cpt Syrup (Warioland series)
This pirate is really underrated and too often overlooked. She's great, has great personality, and looks cool, also some more Warioland love is needed because so far the series is pretty neglected. She can get some of Wario's signature moves in her moveset, such as launching coins to attack, and shake the enemy when grabbed (obviously ground pound and heavy punches wouldn't fit her, but still). And a pirate in Smash would be cool... even if K Rool kinda covers that already.

4-Ganon (Zelda series)
The blue pig from the classics. I think his design is cool and he has enough potential to have an unique moveset. Also, such a classic character is still not represented in the game... I know that we have OoT Ganon, but that's still not his classic design... his clasic design was used (with small alterations) in many games, but so far all 2D (or top view 3D like in the case of A Link Between Worlds).
In my opinion, he's the last big Nintendo villain still not in the game, and this is an huge lack (no, Ganondorf doesn't count, even if they are the same entity lore-wise, the two characters are completely different in everything else aside of both being kings of evil).

3-Karate Joe (Rhythm Heaven)
In fact, any Rhythm Heaven character would make me happy, but Karate Joe is my favorite. There's not much to say about this one, I just want some of that Rhythm Heaven crazyness into Smash, and even if Karate Joe is indeed just a karate fighter, I'm sure that there's a way to make him a crazy unconventional fighter with rhythm based gimmicks and references to other minigames from the series.

2-Hornet (Hollow Knight)
I'm not a fan of getting third parties in Smash, I prefer it to be all about Nintendo... but Hornet is cool.
I LOVED Hollow Knight, everything of it, but the idea of getting the main character in Smash never excited me that much... because aside of a spirit bullet and a dash thing, most of his moves aren't much different than what Link already can do. I always considered Hornet to be a more interesting character because of her fighting style... she can launch her nail attached to a rope and use it as an hookshot, has those spike bombs, and those spider-like abilities... then, they announced a sequel to Hollow Knight, where Hornet is the main character. Ok, now nobody can stop me from wanting her in Smash!
In the sequel she has got many new moves, skills, and the ability to craft stuff. The only downside is that one of those new moves is a counter attack, and I hate counter attacks... I'm sure they will put it in the moveset as always.

1-Adeleine & Ribbon/Adeleine (Kirby series)
Because the Kirby games directed by Shinichi Shimomura (AKA the Dark Matter Trilogy) are my favorites in the franchise, and Adeleine has a sort of relevant role in 2 games of the trilogy, even being one of the main characters in Kirby 64 specifically. There are other relevant characters from the trilogy, such as the animals (Rick, Kine and Coo), Gooey, or even Dark Matter himself, but I think that Adeleine would be the most unique out of them gameplay wise, and the most funny to watch because of her expressivity (the way she changes from a cute smile to complete rage or an evil scary face depending on the situation). A summoner, who fights by drawing stuff... there are a couple of assist trophies who do that already, but Adeleine is IMO the only character you could build a full moveset on this concept with; along with Ribbon and her crystal you can give her even more moveset variety.
I wouldn't mind Adeleine alone too anyway.
Another reason why I want Adeleine so much, is because with her drawings she can represent a lot of other Kirby characters and creatures, and if they want they can put some Canvas/Rainbow Curse references in her moveset too, the games being still based on the concept of magical paintings/art.
There are other magical artists from Kirby, but Adeleine is the most fitting for Smash IMO, and being humanoid gives her less problems, such as it's easier to make her grab items and walk without relying on weird looking floatingness.

GillyGrime

Smash Journeyman
Go on then, I'll bite:

1. Dixie Kong - She alone would make the roster feel complete in my opinion, anyone after her would be a (always appreciated) bonus.
2. Banjo Kazooie
3. Balloon Fighter
4. Geno
5. Rayman
6. Tails
7. Aiai (Super Monkey Ball)
8. Tetra
9. Team Rocket (like Pokemon Trainer except with Meowth, Arbok and Weezing)
10. Crash Bandicoot

Lionel_B

Smash Apprentice
Before the announcement of the last characters, and if we remove all those who found themselves in the game.

1. Decidueye
2. Bandana Waddle Dee
3. Sora
4. Rhythm Heaven character : Chorus Kids or Rhythm Girl
5. Rex
6. Fire Emblem Three Houses character
7. Paper Mario
8. Hades
9. Isaac
10. Crash Bandicoot

But now, it will be difficult to replace Decidueye in number 1, I wanted more than all this character... And even in the Pokémon universe, it would surprise me that I find a Pokémon that I would like to embody in Smash bros...

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Pretty sure I posted a list in here before but I guess I'll update my answers. This is assuming we won't be getting any AT characters:

1. Kyo Kusanagi (King of Fighters) - SNK is long overdue for some form of Smash representation and while Terry would be the obvious pick, Kyo is my personal most wanted SNK rep.
  2. Celica (Fire Emblem) - I never played the original Gaiden but I absolutely loved SoV as well as Alm and Celica. Celica is definitely my favorite of the two and she'd be great as a magic-based fighter. Her inclusion would also mean we could possibly get Twilight of the Gods into Smash.
  3. Quote (Cave Story) - Cave Story is my all-time favorite indie title and Quote would be a perfect fit for Smash.
  4. Terry Bogard (Fatal Fury/King of Fighters) - Considered to be the mascot of SNK who I would also love to see in Smash.
  5. Shantae (Shantae of course) - Risky's Revenge is my favorite DSi shop title and the Shantae series has amazing gameplay and music.
  6. Tetra (Zelda) - My #1 pick for a Zelda rep, mainly because of how fond Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass are to me
  7. Princess Hilda (Zelda) - My most wanted echo fighter who would be perfect as a Zelda echo.
  8. Kat & Ana (WarioWare) - I'd love to see another Ice Climbers type of fighter that has two characters at once.
  9. Andy (Advance Wars) - One of Nintendo's forgotten series that really needs a reboot. The AW games on the GBA were some of my favorite titles on the handheld and Andy would be the ideal AW rep.
  10. Erdrick/Any DQ protagonist (Dragon Quest) - I'll be perfectly honest and say I have never played the DQ games that feature Erdrick, though I have played VII and am currently playing through VIII (also planning to get XI when it comes to Switch). I think the DQ series is really deserving of a fighter considering how big the series is in Japan.

Bonnelle D'Arc

Smash Rookie
Ah, I believe my list may have a few characters that could be considered farfetched for Smash, but I still would love to see at least one of these characters in the game:

• Morrigan Aensland: Darkstalkers or Vampire Hunter. She’d be the possible fourth Capcom character in Smash Bros. Ultimate and she is an iconic video game character in her own right. I’d love to see her fight against characters such as Bayonetta and the Belmonts. She'd compliment the aesthetic of those characters quite well. I do think that Morrigan is more of a WTF character, but she does come from a fighting game, so I think her moveset is already spoken for. The possibilities are endless. Also, she’s been seen in several crossover games, but I think Smash Brothers would be her biggest crossover debut yet. For cosmetics, really hoping that most of her alt. Colors are callbacks to several other Darkstalkers characters like Lilith.

• Dante: Devil May Cry. Another possible Capcom representative I’d like to see is the stylish demon hunter Dante. It’s been a long while since we’ve seen Dante in a good crossover fighting game, so seeing him in Smash would be a long-time dream come true. That, and since DMC 5 came out, now seems like the right time for Dante to shine (and I know, Nero is the main character of DMC 5, but Dante is the face of DMC as a whole, so I think Dante should represent the series). He has a lot of possible movesets that could be made, so he has a lot of potential. The only issue I have is that he’d be a similar case like Bayonetta and Smash already has a slight problem with Bayonetta since she comes from a very combo-heavy game. As a bonus, Vergil can be an echo fighter or at the very least an alternate color for Dante.

• Dovahkiin: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Bethesda has already released a Switch version of Skyrim that includes content from The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, so I don’t think the idea of the Dragonborn becoming a playable character in Smash Ultimate would be too far off. I’d love to see the Dragonborn warrior fight Link and all the other sword-wielding characters. Dovahkiin is also an iconic video game character and I think he has a viable moveset for the game, such as his famous “FUS ROH DA!.” I think it’s safe to say that Dovahkiin would fall under the WTF tag of Smash Bros. characters. Honestly, I just want to see Todd Howard and Bethesda Game Studios make a stunning comeback after the debacle that was Fallout 76 and this could be the moment of redemption they so desperately need. It's not much, but it's a step forward. Plus, Bethesda would be the first western game company to have a character in Smash as a playable character and they are “working closely” with Nintendo at the moment. Also, for color schemes, make the female Dragonborn playable as well as the male one.

• 2B: Nier: Automata. A possible Square Enix representative that I’d be down to see in Smash (aside from Sora, of course). So far, 2B has been seen in several crossovers lately (specifically Soul Calibur VI along with Geralt of Rivia) so seeing her make it to Smash would be another dream come true. Her moveset would be a bit combo-heavy considering the game she comes from, but regardless I think she’d still be a viable and fun fighter to play as. If this happens, then maybe we might see Nier Automata come to the Switch? I mean, I’ve heard rumors that Yoko Taro’s been trying to get Automata on the Switch. Hopefully, if 2B gets an echo fighter, I’d like for it to be A2.

• Sora: Kingdom Hearts. A possible Square Enix representative for Smash. He’s been getting a lot of popularity lately as well as the success of Kingdom Hearts III works well in the Keyblade Master’s favor. I think Sora would fit well in Smash Bros. in so many ways, aesthetically, technically, and so on. Plus he’d be a great counterpart for Cloud. I don’t know about Disney, but I do hope that Square capitalizes on this golden opportunity to put Sora in Smash. If possible, I’d like to see Roxas as an echo fighter as well.

• Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. Yet another Capcom representative (Capcom really have a lot of potential characters they could bring to Smash). Phoenix would be the definitive WTF character of Smash. And thanks to Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, it is possible for Phoenix to have an interesting moveset. He’d be similar to Villager and Isabelle in a sense: throwing case papers at his opponents and the like. His Final Smash could be his Level 3 Ultimate from UMvC3 where he accuses the opponents of committing the crime (but only if he gathers all the clues throughout the round). I’d also like to see an alt. Costume of both young Phoenix and the older Phoenix from the newer games.

• Isaac: Golden Sun. I've been silently supporting Isaac since Brawl. I truly do believe that he is deserving to be a playable character and the Golden Sun community from what I've seen are perhaps the kindest and most dedicated fans I've ever met among the Smash community. I give them props to continue to support Isaac even when he was deconfirmed, which in turn gave me hope that there are people-- a significant amount of people, surprisingly-- out there besides me that actually want to see Isaac in Smash. He's even being compared to King K. Rool when many were asking for K. Rool to come to Smash. I honestly doubt Isaac will be playable in Ultimate, unfortunately, but I do think that he might be a possible priority character for the next Smash Bros.

• Banjo and Kazooie: Banjo-Kazooie. Generally, I've never played Banjo-Kazooie (and I really should at some point), but I want to see the Banjo fans happy. I think they truly fit the Smash Bros. mold and finally Rare gets their due (aside from K. Rool). Like the Isaac supporters, they've been supporting the duo since the Melee days and they know what's at stake since the Fighter Pass came to be. There are only four slots left, so I hope that the bear and the bird are confirmed for Smash. (Confirmed for Smash! Yes!)

• Travis Touchdown: No More Heroes. What I would love to see the otaku assassin in Smash. Travis Strikes Back may have been average at best, but I still think Travis has a shot. Generally, it would be nice to see a Suda 51 character make their way into Smash and what could be better than a foul-mouthed, psychotic, anime-loving assassin literally killing the competition. He's definitely a WTF Smash character I'd get behind.

• Lloyd Irving: Tales of Symphonia. Another JRPG character who I think deserves a spot in Smash. Lloyd is my back up character since Isaac was deconfirmed, so I do hope to see him in Smash. I'm actually surprised that Lloyd has a cult following, which bodes well for him. I think Tales of Symphonia should have some representations as the only Namco character in Smash so far is Pac-Man. While I'd love to see a Tekken character representing Namco, I'd still rather have Lloyd. It's just a personal preference of mine.

Honorable Mentions

• Leon S. Kennedy (Resident Evil)
  • Chris Redfield (Resident Evil)
  • Lyn (Fire Emblem)
  • Edelgard (Fire Emblem; I would rather have Lyn, but I'm fine with Edelgard)
  • Alucard (Castlevania)
  • Erdrick (Dragon Quest; Luminere and the three heroes confirmed!)
  • Rex and Pyra (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)
  • Elma (Xenoblade Chronicles X)
  • Bomberman (Bomberman)
  • Captain Rainbow (Captain Rainbow)
  • Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)
  • Spring Man (ARMS)
  • Ragna the Bloodedge (BlazeBlue)
  • Tracer (Overwatch; Super farfetched but if there are people asking for characters like Doomguy and Steve, what's stopping Tracer or any Overwatch character from coming to Smash?)
  • Agnes Oblige (Braverly Default)
  • Chrono (Chrono Trigger)
  • Heihachi Mishima (Tekken, but this may be an issue since his Japanese VA passed away)

Ah, sorry if this post is a bit long-winded. I tend to get a bit excited when talking about possible newcomers. :)

Last edited:

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
Woah look, I'm updating my list again, even though it doesn't matter since the game releases pretty soon. Meh IDC I need to update this.
10. Qbby. Screw it, I love these games!
9. Rex & Pyra. Once again this is for the fans since I haven't played their game yet.
8. Excitebiker. Retro Nintendo reps are always great, and this would be so unique.
7. Magolor. I've recently become more excited by the idea of more Kirby characters in Smash, and I will always refuse Marx the opportunity to fight in Smash.
6. Chibi Robo. It's too bad this great character has such bad games. Smash is the only way he will ever be respected again!
5. Decidueye. I dropped him down a bit since it's seeming more and more likely that Incineroar will be in but I still love my Ghostly tree owl!
4. Isaac. We! Need! An Earthbender!
3. Tetris. My hope shall never die!
2. Skull Kid. Would be great, nothing new to say here.
1. Bandana Dee. Some things never change.
Well frick. Nearly all of the characters I wanted in this game were deconfirmed. It sucks, and now I don't really have a bunch I truly want, so here's a select few in a random order.

Tetris: IDC what anyone may say, this would be great!

Decidueye: No in game spirit, maybe?

Steve: Why so many people hating? Steve would and will be amazing!

The Skyrim guy whose name I won't try to spell: I just want Kirby to shout "Fus ro dah!"

An Undertale: At this point I barely care.

Heihachi: more Namco maybe?

Scorpion: He uses a sword and fire. Very easy to censor for Smash.

That's it, I got nothing TBH.

D

Deleted member

Here is my top 10 although some of them are very unlikely
  • Adeleine (Kirby)
  • Proto Man (Mega Man)
  • Bandana Dee (Kirby)
  • Ninten (Earthbound/Mother)
  • Sylux (Metroid)
  • Isaac (Golden Sun)
  • Midna (Zelda)
  • Chandelure (Pokemon)
  • Octoling (Splatoon)
  • Dark Meta Knight (Kirby)
Honorable mentions
  • Dark Matter Blade (Kirby)
  • Medusa (Kid Icarus)
  • Black Shadow (F Zero)
  • Lip (Panel De Pon)
  • Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)
  • Captain Syrup (Wario Land)
  • Mona (Wario Ware)
  • Kat & Ana (Wario Ware)
  • Hilda (Zelda)
  • Skull Kid (Zelda)
  • Zero (Mega Man X)
  • Bass (Mega Man)
  • Roll (Mega Man)
  • Shadow (Sonic)
  • Silver (Sonic)
  • Tails (Sonic)
  • Soma Cruz (Castlevania)
  • Shanoa (Castlevania)
  • Alucard (Castlevania)
  • Geno (Mario RPG)
  • Chun-Li (Street Fighter)
  • Raiden (Metal Gear Solid)
  • Jeanne (Bayonetta)
  • Black Mage (Final Fantasy)
  • Beat (Jet Set Radio)
  • Banjo and Kazooie (Banjo Kazooie)
  • Master Chief (Halo)
  • Scorpion (Mortal Kombat)
  • Jin Kazama (Tekken)
  • Spinal (Killer Instinct)
  • Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo)
  • Sora (Kingdom Hearts)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ultrashroomz

Smash Journeyman
Man, I still have trouble processing that my most wanted character actually got in Smash, lmao. I know I said that would be my last update, but considering the extreme circumstances, I feel one more update is necessary (I'm aware that at least three of these characters are basically deconfirmed, but I literally can't think of any other characters that could top Joker for me, besides Crash).

10. Geno
9. The Knight (Hollow Knight)
8. Aigis (Persona 3)
7. Octoling
6. Celica (Fire Emblem)
5. KOS-MOS
4. Travis Touchdown
3. Dante
2. Zero (Mega Man X)
1. Crash Bandicoot
I suddenly feel like updating again.

10. Dante
9. Travis Touchdown
8. KOS-MOS
7. Aigis (Persona 3)
6. Celica (Fire Emblem)
5. Quote (Cave Story)
4. Octoling (Inkling Echo)
3. Kasumi Yoshizawa (Joker Echo)
2. Zero (Mega Man X)
1. Crash Bandicoot

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
  1. Anna (Fire Emblem)
  2. Celica (Fire Emblem)
  3. Jack Frost (Atlus)
  4. Shovel Knight
  5. Sceptile (Pokémon)
  6. Knuckles (Sonic)
  7. Excitebike
  8. Geno (Super Mario RPG)
  9. KOS-MOS (Xenosaga)
  10. A Castlevania rep
Wow, looking back I'm surprised to see two of my wants make it into Smash Bros. Wanted a Castlevania rep and ended up with two of them and while I did said Jack Frost I would have been okay with any Atlus rep and considered Persona was off the table since I didn't think Nintendo would ever consider them an option. Guess it's time to update my list.

Edited 10/6/2019
  1. Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney)
  2. Anna (Fire Emblem)
  3. Blyeth (Fire Emblem)
  4. Eevee (Pokemon)
  5. Sceptile (Pokemon)
  6. Nightmare (Soulcalibur)
  7. Terra Branford (Final Fantasy)
  8. KOS-MOS (Xenosaga)
  9. Ezio (Assassin Creed)
  10. Estelle Bright (Trails in the Sky)
Honorable mentions to Knuckles (Sonic), Alucard (Castlevania), Zero (Megaman), Lycanroc (Pokemon) and Shovel Knight

Last edited:

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
We bumping this thread?

1. Banjo-Kazooie
Childhood superstars and favorite Game characters of all time.
2. Chibi-Robo
Favorite Nintendo series behind Pikmin
3. Gruntilda
After Banjo, who else but the wicked witch of the Series?
4. Louie
Huge Fan of Pikmin, hoping he uses The Bugs in the series to attack instead of pikmin, referencing his Title as "King of Bugs"
5. Mike Jones
My pick for the Next NES or Retro Rep, StarTropics is my favorite NES game by far.
6. Heavy Weapons Guy
TF2 was an important part of my life growing up, Heavy would be great, even if super Unlikely.
7. Ty The Tasmanian Tiger
G'Day Mate! Another character I grew up with, chances are probably -20% but hey, I can dream.
8. Lanky Kong
Started off as a joke, but after awhile I thought it'd be kinda cool.
9. Razputin
Psychonauts is a great game, and Raz has alot of psychic abilities that could Rival Ness/Lucas
10. Dovahkiin / DragonBorn
"Hey, You. You're finally awake"

D

Deleted member

1. Adeleine
  2. Bandana Dee
  3. Fiora
  4. Captain Toad
  5. Proto Man
  6. Zero
  7. Black Mage
  8. Isaac
  9. Lip
  10. Dark Matter Swordsman

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Hmm, I haven't posted on this thread yet.

My list is in alphabetic order and is more focused on Nintendo-owned franchises.
  1. Captain N (from that late 1980s, early 1990s cartoon - new WTF retro character)
  2. Captain Toad
  3. Dixie Kong
  4. Euden (Dragalia Lost - Nintendo's first original IP for mobile devices)
  5. Ganon (pig demon from Zelda: A Link to the Past - fights with a trident)
  6. Isaac (Golden Sun)
  7. Spring Man (Arms)
  8. Team Rocket (Meowth & Ekans team and Meowth & Koffing team)
  9. Toy-Con Robot (it is basically a Transformer so that's cool in my book)
  10. Wandering Hero (cats, dogs, and rabbits with swords, shields, and magic from StreetPass Mii Plaza: Find Mii I & II)

smash puffle

Smash Ace
Alright, I think it's time for the second update:

1. A Club Penguin rep*
  2. Sandbag*
  3. Geno
  4. Noddy
  5. Mike Jones
  6. Phoenix Wright
  7. Slime
  8. Crash Bandicoot
  9. Neptune
  10. Ms. Pac-Man
* Means it's extremely unlikely.

H.M. Goes to everyone else on my signature.

D

Deleted member

Alright, I think it's time for the second update:

1. A Club Penguin rep*
  2. Sandbag*
  3. Geno
  4. Noddy
  5. Mike Jones
  6. Phoenix Wright
  7. Slime
  8. Crash Bandicoot
  9. Neptune
  10. Ms. Pac-Man
* Means it's extremely unlikely.

H.M. Goes to everyone else on my signature.
Noddy?

Amon O

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 7305 3643 0520
1. Sora/Roxas — childhood favorite of mine, it’s just be awesome to see them in this game.
2. Chosen undead — yeah yeah, no one cares about this but me.
3. Sephiroth — maybe draw from kingdom hearts. There are so many things they could do with him.
4. Ryu Hayabusa — i imagine inspiration from his xbox games, not so much the classics.
5. Kasumi/Ayane — ala ken and Ryu

Honestly that’s all I could think of I’d want lol.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Hmm, I haven't posted on this thread yet.

My list is in alphabetic order and is more focused on Nintendo-owned franchises.
  1. Captain N (from that late 1980s, early 1990s cartoon - new WTF retro character)
  2. Captain Toad
  3. Dixie Kong
  4. Euden (Dragalia Lost - Nintendo's first original IP for mobile devices)
  5. Ganon (pig demon from Zelda: A Link to the Past - fights with a trident)
  6. Isaac (Golden Sun)
  7. Spring Man (Arms)
  8. Team Rocket (Meowth & Ekans team and Meowth & Koffing team)
  9. Toy-Con Robot (it is basically a Transformer so that's cool in my book)
  10. Wandering Hero (cats, dogs, and rabbits with swords, shields, and magic from StreetPass Mii Plaza: Find Mii I & II)
Assuming they'd want to acknowledge that part of their history, on the American side no less, Captain N would make a pretty nice fit for a remaining "surprising retro newcomer"; he could represent the American localised history of Nintendo (Nintendo Power, DiC cartoons, etc) and reunite with Simon, Megaman and Pit!

I can only think of three big ones that I want, the rest are kinda up **** creek with their chances and/or not STRONGLY advocated for (Tails, Eggman, Rayman, Shantae, Tetris, Ms. Pac-Man, Bomberman... Lot of mans I guess)

1. Crash Bandicoot (childhood dream that's now feasible, Nintendo plz)
2. Any Rhythm Paradise character (just look at Kevin Fagaragans recent Barista moveset and tell me you wouldn't want that)
3. Marco of Metal Slug (think it'd be a cool SNK rep, especially if it was somehow visually faithful to the games' look)

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Already made my list in most wanted newcomers but...

10. F-Zero newcomer (choosing Bio-Rex)
9. Bandanna Dee
8. Midna
7. Dixie Kong
6. Ray-Man
5. Shantae
4. Either Shadow or Knuckles
3. Steve (most likely newcomer)
2. Fawful
1. Lugia

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
1. Isaac (Golden Sun)
2. Amaterasu (Okami)
3. Sora (KH)
4. Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney)

These are pretty much the only characters I'm interested in seeing, TBH.

Pizza Robo

Smash Journeyman
I'm changing my Top 10 since King K Rool is in and Marx and Issac are out

1.Geno
2.Terry Bogard(King Of Fighters)
3.Orbulon(WarioWare)
4.Lord Raptor(Darkstalkers)
5.Banjo&Kazooie
6.Goemon(Legend Of The Mystical Ninja)
7.Arle Nadja(Puyo Puyo)
8.Hector(Fire Emblem)
9.Jibanyan
10.Mr.EAD(F-Zero)

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
1. Mimikyu
2. Ghirahim
3. Doc Louis
4. Cranky Kong
5. Sukapon
6. Lyn (Classic FE7 model)
7. Skull Kid
8. Andross
9. Crash Bandicoot
10. Scorpion

Last edited:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Now that Banjo & Kazooie are confirmed, here is the updated list...

1. Waluigi
2. Dixie Kong
3. Isaac
4. Dr. Robotnik
5. Funky Kong
6. Gruntilda
7. Captain Syrup
8. Black Shadow
9. Knuckles
10. Samurai Goroh

Top Bottom