• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top 10 Most Wanted Newcomers for Smash Switch!

Standlord

Smash Cadet
1. Simon Belmont - One of the most deserving third party characters if not the most, and he would also bring with him an awesome stage and awesome songs. Win-Win. I would be happy with any Castlevania character, but Simon makes the most sense.

2. Captain Toad - Main material if done right. Just watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqk0vlKgu2c

3. Skull Kid - Zelda character that is not a clone? Amazing. TLoZ deserves more characters, since it is one of the most important Nintendo series and we only have 3 unique characters in terms of moveset (Link, Zelda and Sheik), the other 3 are clones of some sort. I feel that since Brawl TLoZ has been neglected in smash.

4. Isaac - I like him for moveset potential solely, since I haven’t played any Golden Sun game yet. I also feel he is one of the most deserving from the “obscure” characters, so why not.

5. Shovel Knight - I just like the character and I think it would be cool to have an indie rep.

6. Decidueye - I didn’t like generation 7 for many reasons, but to me Decidueye stands out in design, moveset potential and uniqueness from all gen 7 Pokemon. Although I think this game has enough Pokemon already, but whatever, this is a wish list.

7. Geno - Honestly, I haven’t even played Super Mario RPG, but I like his design and I think he could be a very unique character (and I love the forest maze song).

8. Medusa - I loved KIU and this game lacks villains and female characters.

9. Impa - I’m always up for Zelda characters, especially not clone ones. Impa will probably end up as an echo of Sheik, that’s why she isn’t higher on the list, I cannot be too excited for a clone (and Sheik doesn’t fit my playstyle anyways).

10. Dixie Kong - They can’t just give her all Diddy Kong’s moves and call it done, right? Pls… https://www.deviantart.com/veemon-tamer/art/Dixie-Kong-Smash-Bros-Moveset-531027007

Honorable mention: Deoxys. I just think he could add a very interesting mechanic with form changes and stuff. Never going to happen anyways, he had his chance two games ago and didn't make it, he can't compete with new Pokemon.

I would add Krystal to the list but she is already disconfirmed (to be expected since the SF games don’t sell well, the franchise is practically dead, so it’s good she is an AT at least). And I would add a fully decloned Ganondorf in the number 1 of the list (I want it more than any newcomer), but I don’t think that’s going to happen as long as Sakurai is in charge of the game so… there’s no point.

ROY123

Smash Rookie
1. Wonder Red
Incredible moveset potential and comes from my favourite game.

2. Tridentdorf. It's ridiculous that ganondorf, one of the most iconic video game villains, is a clone. The trident is perfect for him. Put falcondorf's moveset on black shadow, people like that moveset.

3. Ridley
The only viable Metroid newcomer, except for maye Dark Samus.

4. King K. Rool
The main villain of the Donkey Kong series. He must have placed highly in the polls if there was a Mii costume of him.

5. Takamaru
The retro rep. I think Sakurai said he wanted to add him to smash 4, but he ended up becoming an assist trophy.

6. Rex+Pyra/Mythra
Sakurai likes Xenoblade 2, so did I.

7. Rhythm heaven Rep
Karate Joe, Marshal, Chorus men, Wrestler, Tibby... I don't care who exactly, but there is a lot of stuff they could pull from that series.

8. Ray 01
Unlikely, but he has a lot of moveset potential, and he's a cool looking robot.

9. Isaac
Again unlikely, and he uses a big sword which a lot of people would find boring, but he can use a lot of earth magic.

10. Waluigi
WAH

Go ahead.
http://www.soccertipsters.net/

Nothgard

Smash Cadet
Of nintendo i only wait 2 characters
King K Rool
Dark samus

And Third party
Simon Belmont
Rayman

Artix

Smash Journeyman
Here's my Top 10:

10. Decidueye
9. Twintelle (ARMS)
8. Rex and Pyra
7. Ashley
6. Simon Belmont
5. Celica
4. Jin Kazama
3. Rayman
2. Bandana Dee
1. Saber (Fate/stay night)

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
10. King K Rool (Donkey Kong): never was that in to him but he deserves to be in Smash
9. Chorus Men (Rythm Heaven), almost in Sm4sh and I think a three character mechanic would be cool.
8. Simon Belmont (Castelvania), perfect 3rd party character to be in smash due to Castelvania being popular and having its roots on Nintendo like Mega Man.
7. Deku/Goron/Zora Link (Zelda), the only other character that could use Pokemon Trainers mechanic. Plus it would be good at representing the interesting fantasy races in Zelda. Fierce Diety can be his final Smash, although it will be lamer since transformation final smashes are gone.
6. Geno (Mario RPG's), not big on obscure one off not very important characters being in Smash. But he has grown on me and given that Sakurai wanted to make him playable in Brawl and acknowledge his popularity, I'll make an exception. Plus he is pretty damn cool
5. Banjo and Kazooie, they were once owned by Nintendo and were some of the best 3d platformers ever and one of the 64's most popular games. Phil Spencer said it was okay and he was a popular ballot character
4. Isaac (Golden Sun), yeah he is another anime swordsmen but one that could have a very interesting moveset due to his elemental abilities, djinn, and summons. Plus Golden Sun are great games that need representation.
3. Shantae, her series started off on Nintendo and have mostly been exclusively on Nintendo since. Unlike many other indies (if you can call her that), her series has been long lasting and been increasing in popularity. Plus due to her weapons, spells, and transformations, she could have a really interesting move set.
2. Skull Kid (Zelda), the second most popular villain in Zelda and one of its best
1. Master Chief (Halo), with the exception of Bayonetta who is practically a Nintendo character, all of the 3rd party characters are among the most iconic in gaming to go along with Nintendo's Iconic characters like Mario, DK, Link, Samus, and Pikachu. Master Chief would fit perfectly with Pac Man, Mega Man, Sonic, Snake, Ryu, and Cloud. He is the mascot of Xbox, most iconic character not in Smash, his game revolutionized console FPS, his games are critical and financial success (except 5), has lore that rivals Star Wars, great music, beautiful scenery (imagine a stage), great story, and Sakurai would never be able to top having a character owned by a rival console in Smash.

As Echoes
-Impa, only one I can really think of.

Honorable Mentions
-Captain Rainbow
--Twintelle
--Dixie
--Midna

Last edited:

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
1. Isaac - Won't happen because the series is dead, but a swordsman with Earth magic would be cool.

2. Banjo-Kazooie - Love the characters, love the games, they would fit too well.

3. Waluigi - I think he deserves a spot and enjoy him.

4. King K. Rool - Another villain, one that could have a very fun moveset.

5. Sora - Unlikely but I love Kingdom Hearts and he could be really cool in this.

6. Hawlucha - Just a pokemon I like, but he isn't a starter or extremely popular.

7. Knuckles - Assist trophy tho :(

8. Crash Bandicoot - just another cool 3rd party I'd like to see make it.

That's all I really want for Ultimate

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
I only have a few I really want in Smash. By big theme you’ll see is to bring in the Rare characters that are integral to Nintendo that we’ve lost the rights to following the tragedy of 2002. Also I think all consoles and devices outside of Virtual Boy should have a unique IP represent its era.

10. Simon Belmont

Castlevania is the last big psdeudo-Nintendo franchise of the NES era to get represented. Sîmon is the one to fill that void. Not to mention he would have a unique move set with the whip.

9. Conker

As I said prior, Rare was intregal to Nintendo in the 1990s and early 2000s. It only has Diddy Kong to represent that fact. Conker is not high on my list because he’s only been in three Nintendo games, and only one famous game. But I would be lying if I said I didn’t want him. He would be such a silly character.

8. Tails

Sonic needs a second player. He has proven to be the most consistent 3rd party character and has quite the history. I’d be okay with the heavily rumored Shadow, but sorry, Shadow is to Sonic as Poochie is to Itchy and Scratchy. Tails would be both interesting and is a better character.

7. Isaac

Isaac to me is unintering, however he represents the Gameboy Advance Era, and coupled with his popularity, I’d like to see him.

6. Leon Kennedy

I kinda rather have Jill Valentine, with her appearance in Marvel vs Capcom 2, but Resident Evil 4 is the one most linked to Nintendo. That game is one of the best of the GameCube era and as most associate the game with that system, I think Capcom can give us another rep.

5. Gruntilda

Yes Banjo-Kazooie should open with two reps! And not Mumbo Jumbo (who would better work as an assist trophy) but with one of Nintendo’s best villains of the N64 era. First of all, we need more villains and yeah, more heavyweights, but Gruntilda will give us something very interesting: a heavyweight mage type. Also think about the victory scene: sexy Gruntilda!

4. Impa

Zelda needs more representation. Honestly it is a bit embarrassing Zelda is so underrepresented. Impa is that next logical character to include, and if we get a Hyrule Warriors design or a Skyward Sword design, then even more Zelda games are represented across the roster.

3. Joanna Dark

Yes, more Rare! This is more than the one game Perfect Dark, but it also represents all Nintendo did for the first person shooter genre! I’m talking about Goldeneye of course, arguable one of the top three most important FPS games in video game history, and we’re not getting James Bond.

2. King K Rool

What more can be said? He’s a heavyweight, he’s Rare, and a villain too! I just hope he comes with the costumes!

1. Banjo-Kazooie

This was obviously coming, but honestly if we get no one else but Banjo-Kazooie, I’d be pumped. This is the most important character not in Smash yet. He represents an entire era of video games with 3D platforming m, the N64, and Rare’s relationship with Nintendo. Not to mention he would be an easy fit for the game with an easy to make move set.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
7. Isaac

Isaac to me is unintering, however he represents the Gameboy Advance Era, and coupled with his popularity, I’d like to see him.
Well if you want to support someone that represents the GBA era, there's always Andy from Advance Wars. :)

Although Andy himself would be representing both the NES (his franchise's debut) and the GBA (his debut appearance).

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
10: Simon Belmont
9: Lloyd Irving
8: decidueye
7: Shovel Knight
6: Shantae
5: Elma
4: Blaziken
3: Banjo Kazooie
2: King K. Rool
1: Dixie Kong

Bomberman, Knuckles, Raichu, and Meowth sadly are already assist characters.

DjinnandTonic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-5629-0198
10. Rex+Pyra - Hoping for DLC for them!
9. Springman/Ribbon Girl - Same here!
8. Ashley - Not a huge attachment to her, but I like her moveset potential!
7. Decidueye - Might be a DLC situation? Definitely the best design to come out of Gen 7, and I quite love most of Gen 7.
6. Isaac - Golden Sun does feel like it's from a bit of a lost era for Nintendo. Someone should remind everyone it exists.
5. Geno - There are more Mario RPGs than Pokemon RPGs. Someone should represent them. Geno has the coolest moveset potential.
4. Impa - Zelda needs more reps, and HW Impa is one of the coolest characters Nintendo has ever made.
3. Celica - One of the best-written FE games, and one with a female lead... deserves to be repped.
2. Bandana Dee - SPEAR COPTER. Nuff said.
1. Simon Belmont - Perfect storm of moveset, legacy, aesthetic uniqueness, and timing.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
10. Master Chief
9. Shovel Knight
8. Dixie Kong
7. Leon Kennedy
6. Rex & Pyra
5. Alm (Echo Fighter)
4. Chrom (Echo Fighter)
3. Zero
2. King K. Rool
1. Geno

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
My three honorable mentions:

Ashley

More WarioWare representation would be cool, and Ashley would be another true mage character like a Zelda or Robin for the game. I’d be down with her inclusion.

Geno

Honestly with all of the support and outcry he has gotten over the years, I’d be okay with his inclusion solely for the fans. Honestly I’ve heard such a desire for him all this time that he just feels like a part of the series already, might as well make it official.

King Hippo

Yeah, as. Little Mac main, bringing in a “villain” from his series would be cool, and honestly King Hippo would be an interesting fighter. I’d imagine he’d have super armor out the wazoo (even more than Bowser) and just be really hard to knock out, but just be so slow and like Mac, terrible in the air.

Mark1

Smash Rookie
Before E3 I would have Ridley close to the top, now it is harder to choose a Top 10 ;)

Echo fighters:
10. Dixie Kong
9. Impa
8. Shadow the Hedgehog
7. Dark Samus

Newcomers:
6. Rex/Pyra
(Didn't care for XB2, but I love their duo mechanic. They'd be a pretty fun addition alongside Shulk and Elma)
5. Shovel Knight (Indies really do deserve representation in Smash.)

4. Ashley
(Definitely the beat WarioWare character next to the main man himself)
3. Captain Toad
(Toads were meant to be represented in Smash far more than they are now. The Captain himself is definitely the best choice with a fun personality and fun gameplay style. )
2. Simon Belmont
(Not really played the Castlevania games, but do feel he's next in line for a third party slot)
1. Banjo Kazooie
(my most wanted, yet most unlikely addition to the roster. They served as a massive part of the N64. Rare really made some amazing games for Nintendo)

Vingag

Smash Apprentice
A top 10 list? Don't mind if I do!

1) Bandana Waddle Dee (I really love the Kirby series, and I don't think there's much hope for my real Kirby series want: Dark Matter. But BWD has some real moveset potential, he is becoming more of an integral part of the Kirby series, and he has a large fan following).

2) Master Hand (If this is the Ultimate Super Smash Bros., then we need a Smash rep. Master Hand is the solid choice to represent this widely popular series I think we all love very much).

3) Captain Toad (Captain Toad has gotten a lot of face time recently, and for good reason. Who doesn't love that little guy? He just has so much pep and hope for the future, plus he does have some pretty neat moveset potential. Sidenote: I'd love for a new Mario rep to be King Boo, but let's just accept that it won't happen- still, damn I want King Boo).

4) King K. Rool (I don't have any connection to K. Rool. I haven't played DKC and I mostly know him from that god awful/confusingly amazing 3D animated Donkey Kong series. However K. Rool is among the most wanted characters among all Smash ballots, and I do think Sakurai is trying to appeal to fans with this game. Not enough to include Geno, not enough to 100% declone Ganandorf, not enough to give us a new female LoZ character but instead THREE F**KING LINKS, but enough to give us Ridley and K. Rool. Plus: Heavyweight, villain, crocodile, we all want to see more of these representations in this game).

5) Spring Man/ Ribbon Girl as Echo Fighter (even before Arms became a successful IP, Nintendo had a lot riding on this property. I think they'd like to highlight it with a character, and they're most likely going to choose Spring Man with a Ribbon Girl Echo. Aside from pure business, there's also some neat potential with how the arms will work in fights and a chance to mix up the flow of Smash).

6) Porky (Speaking of villain representation, why not bring in one of the greatest villains of all time with Porky? Porky is another heavyweight mech fighter (he'd fight in his Spider Robot, of course) and would be another nod to the Mother series, and Mother 3 desperately needs a Western release. Sure, and Echo fighter of Ninten is 100% more likely than Porky, but I WANT PORKY!)

7) Professor Layton (I want a puzzle fighter. Ideally, it'd be Bub from Bubble Bobble, but let's be realistic: Professor Layton has more of a chance. Not as much of a chance as Pheonix Wright, but a greater chance than Lip because of institutionalized sexism. So instead I'm putting Professor Layton on the list, and I think there is a good moveset to be worked out of the games, and the Professor Layton games have been rather popular for a long time! Don't go, Professor Layton could be really cool! Stop rolling your eyes at me!)

8) Gengar (I wanted Eevee, but no he's a Pokeball. So Let's go with another fantastic Pokemon: Gengar. With their high tier status in Pokken and their place in Pokemon history, Gengar has plenty going for him. And moveset potential. Oh, the moveset potential. Shadow Punch? Hypnosis? Curse? LICK? I don't want to start a fight here, but let's face it: Gengar is just cooler than Decidueye. Though at least with both we'd get some sweet, sweet ghost representation).

9) Frogger (There are many more likely characters I could put here. Paper Mario, Rex and Pyra/Mythra, Rabbid. But nope, I'm putting Frogger. Of course Frogger could just be an assist trophy, get him and Frogger jumps on all fighters in the horizontal path. But I say why stop there? Why not make Frogger a full-fledged fighter? Worried about a lack of moveset? Don't Be! For his B attack frogger could shoot out his tongue, for his up B attack Frogger could Super Jump, for his down B attack Frogger could Ribbit and send out a small shockwave. Oh, and for the final Smash? Trucks! Everybody gets hit by trucks! The character writes itself! I'm throwing in my hat with the other Frog-Fans out there. With enough of us, we'll get a playable Frogger for Smash 7: The Smashening.

10) Ashely (Who's the girl who's rounding off my top ten list? Everyone knows it's AAaaaAAAshley!)

Lynn Eslie

Smash Apprentice
10. Shovel Knight - Shovel Knight
9. Linkle - Hyrule Warriors
8. Sheena Fujibayashi - Tales of Symphonia
7. Edea Lee - Bravely Default
6. Impa - Hyrule Warriors
5. Azura - Fire Emblem Fates
4. Blanc(White Heart) - Hyperdimension Neptunia
3. Neptune(Purple Heart) - Hyperdimension Neptunia
2. Lenneth Valkyrie - Valkyrie Profile
1. KOS-MOS - Xenosaga/Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Last edited:

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
1. Geno

Enough with the blue-balling. If we get another interview from Sakurai saying "I really wanted to put Geno in the game [for a third time] but..." I'm gonna flip

2. Ashley

She's cute

3. Banjo & Kazooie

It just isn't complete without them.

4. Isaac

Assist Trophy cut from Smash 4 for no apparent reason. With 3 games to his name, it seems bizarre for him to not be in.

5. King K. Rool

The only explanation I can think of for K. Rool not being in Smash after this long is that there's someone at Nintendo, probably Miyamoto, who just doesn't like him.

6. Chibi Robo

He's just cool. Plenty of moveset potential.

7. Ray

Custom Robo doesn't deserve to be dead. Ray's Assist Trophy was taken out of 4 just like Isaac was. Leads me to believe that they were going to be characters at some point.

8. Andy

Advance Wars also doesn't deserve to be dead. If Captain Falcon can have a cool moveset, Andy can do. Let me smack down with the wrenches.

9. Linkle

Best addition to the Zelda universe in decades

10. Master Chief

Deal with it

dahuterschuter

Smash Journeyman
1. King K. Rool, the only character who will make me buy the game. It's been a long time coming, really the longest time. Donkey Kong, the 5th most popular Nintendo franchise ever, yet twenty years of Smash and only one Donkey Kong character ever added past the initial installment. One of the most fan requested characters. At this point it's a running gag that he's the primary candidate to be in Smash yet still isn't. A heavy character, a villain, a Donkey Kong character. All of these individually are rare in Smash, and K Rool hits all three characteristics, truly a unicorn of possible additions. What is the hold up?

2. Majora's Mask Link, sadly pretty much an impossibility given the amount of Links in this game. A transformation character where you play as Zora, Deku, and Goron Link akin to Pokemon Trainer rather than regular Link. Final Smash of course being Fierce Deity Link or Giant Link.

3. Simon Belmont, because obviously. Castlevania is a classic video game series, a classic Nintendo mainstay series from the NES and SNES days, and Simon Belmont's whip and tools make him an extremely unique fighter.

4. Zeke from Zombies Ate My Neighbors, since he's an awesome retro character with a huge moveset pool from a cult classic game.

5. Master Hand, it's about time he be playable. Think about it, he's a Smash character who's been there from the beginning. If anyone deserves to finally be on the roster of Smash ULTIMATE, it's the main villain of the entire series.

6. Bill Rizer from Contra OR Doom Guy, hard choice here really. Both fill the same "armed to the teeth space marine" archetype of guys with an ass tonne of guns. Contra has more of a Nintendo history as an NES and SNES classic, but DOOM is just a video game monolith. Really either or is awesome for a similar slot.

7. Doc from Punch Out!!! as an echo fighter of Mac, very simple idea. Just heavy Mac.

8. Banjo-Kazooie, another character who's a long time coming pick, one of those characters who's been around for ages as a "clearly this character belongs in Smash" pick but has never been able to happen yet. The reasoning and movepool and significance behind him is self-evident.

9. Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden, once again, another NES classic character who should be in Smash.

10. Torterra/Muk/Tauros/Arbok/Dunsparce/Decidueye/any random off-the-wall Pokemon that's not a humanoid bipedal fighter, I'm tired of the bipedal humanooid Pokemon being in these games when there's South of 1000 Pokemon to choose from who are incredibly unique, but it seems like they go with the easier models and choices that are easier to animate for with humanoid modelling bone structures to work on and animate. I don't care what it is, but just some classic weird Pokemon that is out of left field and brings something completely new to character motion and style.

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
Fine, I’ll do the best characters for this list

1. Hank Hill
2. Shrek
3. Goku
4. Doctor Kong
5. Leo Luster
6. Chowder and Kimchi
7. Captain Planet
8. SpongeBob
9. Peter Griffin
10. Sans

Lynn Eslie

Smash Apprentice
Noticing totals hadn't been tallied up since April 11, and with a sudden glut of time with which to sate a curiosity, I have taken the liberty of compiling all entries throughout this thread's entirety!

How long did it take? Roughly 14 hours.

Was it worth it? Not remotely! Still, I have it, so let us gaze upon the fruits of this mad venture!

Contributors

Votes Cast

Characters Named

Top 10 (Points)
10. Captain Toad - 102 (*****)
9. Geno - 111 (15*)
8. Waluigi - 112 (9*)
7. Crash Bandicoot - 119 (10*)
6. Decidueye - 123 (**)

5. Banjo & Kazooie - 127 (8*)
4. Dixie Kong - 150 (9*)

4. Ridley - 157 (13*)
3. Isaac - 160 (18*)
2. Bandanna Dee - 174 (14*)
1. King K. Rool - 338 (48*)

Top 10 (Votes)
10. Waluigi - 63 Votes
8. Rex & Pyra - 64 Votes
8. Captain Toad - 64 Votes
7. Crash Bandicoot - 69 Votes
6. Banjo & Kazooie - 70 Votes

5. Decidueye - 81 Votes
4. Ridley - 84 Votes
4. Dixie Kong - 85 Votes

3. Isaac - 90 Votes
2. Bandanna Dee - 103 Votes
1. King K. Rool - 166 Votes

Every Little Bit Counts!
(Most Points from 6-10 slots)

Raw Number
10. Shovel Knight - 26/95 (~27%)
9. Rayman - 27/102 (~26%)
7. Crash Bandicoot - 29/119 (~24%)
7. Dixie Kong - 29/150 (~19%)
6. Captain Toad - 31/102 (~30%)
4. Rex & Pyra - 38/95 (~40%)
4. Isaac - 38/160 (~24%)

3. Decidueye - 41/123 (~33%)
2. King K. Rool - 42/338(~12%)
1. Bandanna Dee - 46/174 (~26%)

Percentage of Total
(50+ total points to qualify)
10. Simon Belmont - 26/86 (~30.2%)
9. Captain Toad - 31/102 (~30.4%)
8. Ashley - 22/72 (~30.6%)
7. Bomberman - 22/68 (~32.4%)
6. Decidueye - 41/123 (~33.3%)
5. Impa - 23/68 (~33.8%)
4. Takamaru - 19/52 (~36.5%)

3. Rex & Pyra - 38/95 (40%)
2. Spring Man - 28/63 (~44.4%)
1. Chibi Robo - 25/56 (~44.6%)

Bonus
Low-Tier Mr. Popularity: The highest rated character who only has points from 6-10 slots is Excitebiker, with a total of 9.

We Feel Your Passion
(Most #1 Votes)
10. Elma - ******* (7)
9. Banjo & Kazooie - ******** (8)
6. Rayman - ********* (9)
6. Waluigi - ********* (9)
6. Dixie Kong - ********* (9)
5. Crash Bandicoot - ********** (10)
5. Ridley - ************* (13)
4. Bandanna Dee - ************** (14)
3. Geno - *************** (15)
2. Isaac - ****************** (18)
1. King K. Rool - ************************************************ (48)

I accept payment in the form of condolences, compliments, and/or expressions of awed consternation.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
10. Sceptile(My favorite grass starter).
9. Dr. Eggman(Eggman vs Bowser pls).
8. Leon Scott Kennedy(He would be my choice for a Resident Evil character).
7. Lana(the only LoZ character I would like to see).
6. Micaiah(someone other than a sword user for this series and I like her more than Celica).
5. Dante(DMC vs Bayonetta Smash style).
4. Elma(Xenoblade X deserves some love too).
3. Banjo-Kazooie(these characters have a lot of nostalgia for me).
2. Lightning Farron(Like my avatar hasn't made it obvious which are my favorite Square Enix characters).
1. Daisy(one of my favorite characters in the Mario franchise alongside Luigi even though I only play Luigi in Smash 64 because I suck at him in the remainder of Smash games).
All right, after the reveal of Smash Ultimate, time to make some changes, since I got my most wanted(thank you Sakurai!), here's my updated list:
8. Shadow as an Echo(I am 100% aware that he is more than capable of being his own unique fighter, but with newcomer slots being so limited, it's a compromise I am willing to take).
7. Lana(no change).
6. Micaiah(no change aside from the fact she now faces stiff competition from Edelgard).
5. Dante(no change).
4. Elma(no change).
3. Dusk Lycanroc(this is the gen 7 mon that has gathered my attention the most, and I really like the design).
2. Braixen(I originally wanted Sceptile, but after playing Pokken so much, I'd really like to see it in Smash, but of course with Pokemon now having 9 characters now, chances of a newcomer for this franchise are slim and I assume preference would be given to a current gen mon).
1. Lighting Farron(taking the first spot since Daisy is a thing, aside from that no change).

Troykv

Smash Master
Noticing totals hadn't been tallied up since April 11, and with a sudden glut of time with which to sate a curiosity, I have taken the liberty of compiling all entries throughout this thread's entirety!

How long did it take? Roughly 14 hours.

Was it worth it? Not remotely! Still, I have it, so let us gaze upon the fruits of this mad venture!

Contributors

Votes Cast

Characters Named

Top 10 (Points)
10. Captain Toad - 102 (*****)
9. Geno - 111 (15*)
8. Waluigi - 112 (9*)
7. Crash Bandicoot - 119 (10*)
6. Decidueye - 123 (**)

5. Banjo & Kazooie - 127 (8*)
4. Dixie Kong - 150 (9*)

4. Ridley - 157 (13*)
3. Isaac - 160 (18*)
2. Bandanna Dee - 174 (14*)
1. King K. Rool - 338 (48*)

Top 10 (Votes)
10. Waluigi - 63 Votes
8. Rex & Pyra - 64 Votes
8. Captain Toad - 64 Votes
7. Crash Bandicoot - 69 Votes
6. Banjo & Kazooie - 70 Votes

5. Decidueye - 81 Votes
4. Ridley - 84 Votes
4. Dixie Kong - 85 Votes

3. Isaac - 90 Votes
2. Bandanna Dee - 103 Votes
1. King K. Rool - 166 Votes

Every Little Bit Counts!
(Most Points from 6-10 slots)

Raw Number
10. Shovel Knight - 26/95 (~27%)
9. Rayman - 27/102 (~26%)
7. Crash Bandicoot - 29/119 (~24%)
7. Dixie Kong - 29/150 (~19%)
6. Captain Toad - 31/102 (~30%)
4. Rex & Pyra - 38/95 (~40%)
4. Isaac - 38/160 (~24%)

3. Decidueye - 41/123 (~33%)
2. King K. Rool - 42/338(~12%)
1. Bandanna Dee - 46/174 (~26%)
Percentage of Total
(50+ total points to qualify)
10. Simon Belmont - 26/86 (~30.2%)
9. Captain Toad - 31/102 (~30.4%)
8. Ashley - 22/72 (~30.6%)
7. Bomberman - 22/68 (~32.4%)
6. Decidueye - 41/123 (~33.3%)
5. Impa - 23/68 (~33.8%)
4. Takamaru - 19/52 (~36.5%)

3. Rex & Pyra - 38/95 (40%)
2. Spring Man - 28/63 (~44.4%)
1. Chibi Robo - 25/56 (~44.6%)

Bonus
Low-Tier Mr. Popularity: The highest rated character who only has points from 6-10 slots is Excitebiker, with a total of 9.

We Feel Your Passion
(Most #1 Votes)
10. Elma - ******* (7)
9. Banjo & Kazooie - ******** (8)
6. Rayman - ********* (9)
6. Waluigi - ********* (9)
6. Dixie Kong - ********* (9)
5. Crash Bandicoot - ********** (10)
5. Ridley - ************* (13)
4. Bandanna Dee - ************** (14)
3. Geno - *************** (15)
2. Isaac - ****************** (18)
1. King K. Rool - ************************************************ (48)

I accept payment in the form of condolences, compliments, and/or expressions of awed consternation.
Wow! Good Job!

At this pace K. Rool will ended up with +50 First Places xD

D

Deleted member

Ridley was my former most wanted character, but he's in, soooo....

10. Shovel Knight - Only indie third party character I'd want TBH.

9. Crash Bandicoot - Crash is back, soooo....

8. Dark Samus - Not as necessary as she was prior to Ridley's inclusion. But would be badass as an echo fighter or otherwise.

7. Mach Rider - If we're going to have another classic Nintendo character that hasn't been seen in quite awhile.

6. Ryu Hayabusa - Another cool classic third party character.

5. Hector or Black Knight - Yeah, yeah. I know Fire Emblem has more than enough already. But if I won't lie, Hector would be pretty bad ass. Lyn would have been cool too, but oh well. Black Knight would be cool for an FE antagonist in smash. I'd imagine both would have a similar playstyle, so it's either or really.

4 .Another F Zero rep - Black Shadow, Blood Falcon as an Echo, Samurai Goroh. Whatever works. This series is just severely underrated.

3. King K. Rool - Big Crocodile dude

2. Monster Hunter - Would be pretty cool. Has awesome potential for alternate colors.(Or in this case, alternate armor.)

1. A Belmont and/or Alucard- With Snake being back and Bomberman being an assist trophy, a CV rep seems more likely than ever before. Simon is most likely due to name recognition. I hope that he has his chronicles look though, at least as an alt. That's my favorite look for him. It's pretty recognizable and popular despite Castlevania Chronicles being a game that I bet not too many people have played. But I guess it did stick in other material. Plus I feel like it'd fit in with the rest of the pretty boys in the game. LMAO.

Honorable mentions:
Waluigi - Good night, sweet prince. RIP. Would have made the list otherwise

Springman and/or Ribbon girl - I mean, new and relevant Nintendo IP right? Would be weird not to have an arms character.

Master Chief - Because I love being a smart ass, he's technically appeared on the switch.

Alan Grant - Again, just being a smart ass.

Wario rep - Someone from WarioWare, probably Mona. That or Captain Syrup. Regardless another Wario Rep would be pretty silly and that's to be expected. Nothing uncommon when it comes to smash.

Rhythem Heaven rep - Sure, why not.

Another Kirby Rep- Marx or Galacta Knight as an echo fighter. Though I have to say, Galacta Knight would be much cooler as a boss considering how he's the much more flashy version of MK. Bandana Dee would be cool too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
hmm... interesting lists but i have a question do people WANT simon belmont or do most people add him to the list just because it looks likely to happen because of the whole rumor things and leaks?
in my opnion if i had to go with a 2nd konami rep i would go with Frogger since bomberman deconfirmed i would prefer each company represented to have 1 cartoonish and 1 realistic designed characters

PapillonXtreme

Smash Apprentice
Top 10 Most Wanted Newcomers in Smash Ultimate:

10. Bandana Dee - I think it's about time that the Kirby series gets another rep in Smash Ultimate and as much as I like to have Marx in the game, I instantly fell in love with Bandana Dee. He's one of my favorite characters in the series, alongside Meta Knight.

9. ARMS rep - I have no preference when it comes to ARMS representative, so I'm just gonna leave it at that. If the Inklings managed to get in Smash, then I don't see why ARMS shouldn't be in Smash.

8. Ashley - WarioWare series is one of my favorite games of all time and I'm still playing it to this very day, they're quite fun to play. But there's one character in the series that I would like to be included in Smash and that's Ashley! She will be interesting if she is added in, being able to cast spells at opponents with various effects. I really want to see that.

7. Shadow the Hedgehog - Shadow is one of my favorite character in the Sonic franchise and it would make my dream come true if he's in Smash Ultimate. I don't care if he's just an Echo Fighter of Sonic, as long as he's in the game, it will make me happy.

6. Celica - If Smash 4 had Robin and Lucina from Awakening and Corrin from Fates, then Ultimate will have Celica from Echoes. Seriously, I prefer her over Alm because we really don't need another Marth clone in the game. It would be pretty epic to see her fight using the Ragnarok tome as well as her Beloved Zofia.

5. Heihachi/Jin Kazama - Tekken is one of my favorite fighting game franchise alongside Street Fighter and honestly, I wouldn't mind if either Heihachi or Jin made it in Smash. I really want to see an epic battle between Ryu and Heihachi/Jin (plus we could re-enact their Death Battle if Jin made it in).

4. Rex and Pyra - I honestly believe that Xenoblade will get another rep in Ultimate and it would be interesting to see Rex and Pyra duke it out against Shulk. They could act similar to the Ice Climbers, with you controlling Rex and Pyra just follows you around.

3. Saber (Fate/stay night) - If there's one game genre that Sakurai overlooked, it's the visual novel line of games. And who would represent the visual novel genre? Why, Saber of course! Saber is massively popular in Japan (she's also popular in the West, albeit not as much as she was in Japan) thanks to Fate Grand Order and with the release of Fate/Extella on the Nintendo Switch, I think she has a good chance of making it in Smash.

2. Banjo & Kazooie - They really need to be in Smash Ultimate, they deserved it. After all, Banjo & Kazooie is loved by many (myself included) and I think it would be interesting if they do add them in Smash. Sure, they could make him an Echo Fighter of Duck Hunt Dog, but I would rather have him as a unique character.

1. Simon Belmont - I've been wanting Simon Belmont to appear in Smash ever since SSB4. Hell, he's one of the characters I voted in Smash Ballot, alongside Ryu. Simon will definitely be an interesting character in Smash, being able to use the Vampire Killer, as well as some items like the Holy Water, Axe, Cross and Daggers.

jamesster445

Smash Lord
I made my sig my top 20 1st party characters and top 5 3rd party characters. I'll go ahead and update it combined.

10. Geno
9. Decidueye
8. Morag
7. Springman
6. Tibby
5. Dixie Kong
4. Hades
3. Wonder Red
2. Ryu Hayabusa
1. Prince Fluff

HMs
Waluigi- Unfortunately he was deconfirmed.
Ridley- Fortunately he was confirmed.

TBone06

Smash Ace
Haven't done this yet, so I figure there's no time like the present. I can't say I'm overly passionate about too many characters this time around, but I'd love to see the characters with a lot of support be included. Without further ado:

I'll start by saying Krystal would have been number four, but as she's already an AT, I figure I'll take her out.

HM.) Chrom - They did him dirty last game, I think they need to give him his dues.
10.) Chibi Robo - Never played the series, but he's a first party character who would bring a unique moveset.
9.) Ashley - I think she could be fun. Have no attachment, but she has a lot of fans.
8.) Bandana Dee - Solely because of his popularity. Want to see him for his fans.
7.) Rex and Pyra - I liked XC2, and I think there is potential for a unique moveset. I think DLC may be more likely, but would like to see them.
6.) Dixie Kong - Her being in Tropical Freeze brought her back into the main games. I think she would be fun, but not as an echo.
5.) Skull Kid - Majora's Mask was awesome, he'd bring something different.
4.) Banjo Kazooie - Loved both N64 Banjo games. I think he offers a creative moveset, and I think he would be a huge hype character.
3.) Isaac - I only got through a bit of Golden Sun, but I love the idea of using his psynergy along with being a sworduser.
2.) King K. Rool - He to me is the most logical choice. Loved the DKC series growing up, and the final battle at the end of DKC is iconic.
1.) Geno - Mario RPG was one of my favourites growing up. Geno was a powerhouse in that game and I've supported him since Brawl. It's time he's included. Easily my number one most wanted.

Last edited:

WebHunter064

Smash Rookie
Hey Everyone! So Super Smash Bros. Ultimate comes out in a few months and EVERYONE (...is here) wants to know which characters will be added to this game! And now i'll throw my hat into the ring! My prediction is that there will be 5 BRAND NEW CHARACTERS and 3 ECHO FIGHTERS. So who will these characters be? That's what im here for, so heres my 5 CHARACTER AND ECHO FIGHTERS PREDICTIONS.
P.s. I'll be doing my Echo Fighters list tomorrow!

TOP FIVE BRAND NEW CHARACTERS

REX AND PYRA
Rex & Pyra is a very...interesting choice. You see, Ultimate started development around the time of Smash 4's release and I feel like Rex & Pyra may have been too late to end up in the final base roster. But I believe they may still have a chance...Remember, Greninja was in the smash roster before X and Y even came out...Though I know that was different circumstances.

BANJO & KAZOOIE
Look, Nintendo and Microsoft seem to be in good terms. Heck, Microsoft said themselves that they would be fine with Banjo and Kazooie being in Smash. So I believe that they might have a solid chance! Banjo and Kazooie DESERVE to be Smash, They're practically the mascots of collect-athons.

RAYMAN
With the whole Raving Rabbits crossover actually happening, plus the Donkey Kong DLC, I feel like Ubisoft and Nintendo are in good terms. So I feel like the chances of Rayman being in smash has upgraded!

DECIDUEYE

Every Smash Bros. game starting with Melee featured a Pokemon that was relevant at the time. So with Ultimate, Decidueye fits the bill perfectly. We need Grass type pokemon, Sun and Moon needs a representative period.

KING K. ROOL

You guys knew he would be Number 1, like c'mon! We need Donkey Kong reps, we need more Villains and Heavy Weights! PUT KING K. ROOL IN SMASH, CASE CLOSED.

StormC

Smash Hero
In light of recent news...

1. K. Rool
2. Dixie Kong
3. Bandana Dee
4. Decidueye
5. Dr. Eggman
6. Lip
7. Dillon
8. Zero
9. Dark Matter
10. Isaac

After like 4-5 I'm pretty eh on these, but Isaac would be nice for his fans. I took out Ganon and Kamek since I'm gonna kinda consider them deconfirmed.
1. K. Rool
2. Dixie Kong
3. Bandana Dee
4. Decidueye
5. Ashley
6. Ganon
7. Dr. Eggman
8. Lip
9. Dillion
10. Zero

Decided to throw my support behind Ashley after giving it some thought. She'd be a fun addition, I think. And Ganon is back in because **** it.

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468
1. Banjo Kazooie- I grew up with them. They have plenty of options for a good unqieu moveset and frankly this is one of the few characters that I would automatically main if they were revealed.

2.Phoenix Wright- see above, except maybe I didn't completely grow up with him.

3.Sora- Again, see above.

4.King K. Rool- Smash could use more villains imo and King K. Rool is one of my favorites. Both in the DKC games and DK64 he is very memorable to me and I can see a lot of moveset potential from him.

5. Paper Mario- I love the Paper Mario games and his abilities in those games lends him to many unique moveset ideas imo.

6. Simon Belmont- A whip character would be something new for smash and Simon has a strong legacy boasting him up.

7. Lloyd Irving- Just love him game and franchise in general. Plus duel wielding swords could be cool.

8. Spyro- Loved his games as a kid and can see a lot of potential in him now for smash.

9. Decidueye- Originally I would have wanted him to complete the type triangle for pokemon, but now that pokemon trainer is back he falls down my list pretty far. Still, he is cool and being an archer is always nice.

10. Bandana dee- Spear user, that's about it.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm going to switch my #1 most wanted with my #2 most wanted. Because while Blastoise would be the best, he's just a dream in Smash.

Whereas Geno could happen

Last edited:

ShadowTheHedgehogZ

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4227-4459-2606
Switch FC
2267-2995-1302
10. Espio
9. Silver
8. Ken
7. Metal Sonic
6. Zero
5. Paper Mario/Paper Luigi
4. Goku
3. Chrom
2. Geno
1. Shadow

Last edited:

Igglybuff4SmashU

Smash Cadet
10. Ashley
9. Impa
8. Lycanroc
7. Caption Toad
6. Isabelle
5. Ms PAC Man
4. Mimikyu
3. Dixie Kong
2. Elma
1. Caption Toadette

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
10. Tetra (Wind Waker)
9. Kyo Kusanagi (King of Fighters)
8. Shantae (Shantae series)
7. Andy (Advance Wars)
6. Dixie Kong (DK)
5. Isabelle (Animal Crossing)
4. Decidueye (Pokemon)
3. Terry Bogard (Fatal Fury/King of Fighters)
2. Celica (Fire Emblem Gaiden/Shadows of Valentia)
1. Ashley (WarioWare)

Lynn Eslie

Smash Apprentice
Hoooooh~♪
Well, with this most recent, shall we say, "event," things are bound to get... interesting.

Let us recap! First, the E3 additions:

Inkling - 4 Points. 2 Votes. CONFIRMED
Daisy - 23 Points. 12 Votes. CONFIRMED
Ridley - 157 Points. 84 Votes. CONFIRMED

Now, the August Direct:

Simon Belmont - 90 Points. 55 Votes. CONFIRMED
Richter Belmont - 2 Points. 1 Vote. CONFIRMED (Congratulations MarioMeteor! Dare to Dream!)
Chrom - 18 Points. 11 Votes. CONFIRMED
Dark Samus - 27 Points. 21 Votes. CONFIRMED
King K. Rool - 347 Points. 170 Votes. CONFIRMED

668 Points. 356 Votes. Invalid.
This has me curious... and to sate that curiousity, I believe a separate total that removes all votes for confirmed fighters is in order. I will of course be collapsing individual lists upwards in accordance to the set rules, and with all 49 #1 King K. Rool votes turning over, I expect the top list to shift substantially!

Look forward to it! Or not. It will come either way. In the meantime, feel free to update your selections; I will adjust my data accordingly.

Last edited:

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Hoooooh~♪
Well, with this most recent, shall we say, "event," things are bound to get... interesting.

Let us recap! First, the E3 additions:

Inkling - 4 Points. 2 Votes. CONFIRMED
Daisy - 23 Points. 12 Votes. CONFIRMED
Ridley - 157 Points. 84 Votes. CONFIRMED

Now, the August Direct:

Simon Belmont - 90 Points. 55 Votes. CONFIRMED
Richter Belmont - 2 Points. 1 Vote. CONFIRMED (Congratulations MarioMeteor! Dare to Dream!)
Chrom - 18 Points. 11 Votes. CONFIRMED
Dark Samus - 27 Points. 21 Votes. CONFIRMED
King K. Rool - 347 Points. 170 Votes.
CONFIRMED

668 Points. 356 Votes. Invalid.
This has me curious... and to sate that curiousity, I believe a separate total that removes all votes for confirmed fighters is in order. I will of course be collapsing individual lists upwards in accordance to the set rules, and with all 49 #1 King K. Rool votes turning over, I imagine the top list to shift substantially!

Look forward to it! Or not. It will come either way. In the meantime, feel free to update your selections; I will adjust my data accordingly.
Could you post more than the top five or ten or whatever it was last time?

Standlord

Smash Cadet
1. Simon Belmont - One of the most deserving third party characters if not the most, and he would also bring with him an awesome stage and awesome songs. Win-Win. I would be happy with any Castlevania character, but Simon makes the most sense.

2. Captain Toad - Main material if done right. Just watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqk0vlKgu2c

3. Skull Kid - Zelda character that is not a clone? Amazing. TLoZ deserves more characters, since it is one of the most important Nintendo series and we only have 3 unique characters in terms of moveset (Link, Zelda and Sheik), the other 3 are clones of some sort. I feel that since Brawl TLoZ has been neglected in smash.

4. Isaac - I like him for moveset potential solely, since I haven’t played any Golden Sun game yet. I also feel he is one of the most deserving from the “obscure” characters, so why not.

5. Shovel Knight - I just like the character and I think it would be cool to have an indie rep.

6. Decidueye - I didn’t like generation 7 for many reasons, but to me Decidueye stands out in design, moveset potential and uniqueness from all gen 7 Pokemon. Although I think this game has enough Pokemon already, but whatever, this is a wish list.

7. Geno - Honestly, I haven’t even played Super Mario RPG, but I like his design and I think he could be a very unique character (and I love the forest maze song).

8. Medusa - I loved KIU and this game lacks villains and female characters.

9. Impa - I’m always up for Zelda characters, especially not clone ones. Impa will probably end up as an echo of Sheik, that’s why she isn’t higher on the list, I cannot be too excited for a clone (and Sheik doesn’t fit my playstyle anyways).

10. Dixie Kong - They can’t just give her all Diddy Kong’s moves and call it done, right? Pls… https://www.deviantart.com/veemon-tamer/art/Dixie-Kong-Smash-Bros-Moveset-531027007

Honorable mention: Deoxys. I just think he could add a very interesting mechanic with form changes and stuff. Never going to happen anyways, he had his chance two games ago and didn't make it, he can't compete with new Pokemon.

I would add Krystal to the list but she is already disconfirmed (to be expected since the SF games don’t sell well, the franchise is practically dead, so it’s good she is an AT at least). And I would add a fully decloned Ganondorf in the number 1 of the list (I want it more than any newcomer), but I don’t think that’s going to happen as long as Sakurai is in charge of the game so… there’s no point.
Well so my number 1 is in and my number 5 is out so I guess it's time to update my list:

1 - Captain Toad
2 - Hunter (Monster Hunter)
3 - Skull Kid
4 - Isaac
5 - Ryu Hayabusa
6 - Decidueye
7 - Geno
8 - Medusa
9 - Impa
10 - Dixie Kong

I know Captain Toad is in the New Donk City stage but that's just a cameo, he could receive the Toon Link treatment on the Spirit Tracks stage, thus I'm not counting him out yet.

I originally didn't thought seriously of Hunter and Ryu Hayabusa honestly, but they would be such good additions that I had to put them high on the list now.

Last edited:

candyissweet

Smash Apprentice
A lot of the characters I want have already been confirmed/deconfirmed but here's what I have:

10. Andy
9. Captain Toad
8. Isabelle
7. Skull Kid
6. Impa
5. Geno
4. Rex/Pyra
3. Shadow
2. Bandana Waddle Dee
1. Isaac

Sint

Smash Rookie