• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top 10 Most Wanted Newcomers for Smash Switch!

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Alright here is my choice. I don't expect any of these getting in but this is just what I want. Luckily I've already got all the main ones I've wanted.

10. Geno (Super Mario RPG)
9. King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Series)
8. Ninten (Mother)
7. Impa (Legend of Zelda)
6. Mike Jones (Star Tropics)
5. Celica (Fire Emblem)
4. Alm (Fire Emblem)
3. Issac (Golden Sun)
2. Ray MKIII (Custom Robo)
1. Captain Rainbow (Captain Rainbow)

Last edited:

SmushBoy

Smash Rookie
These are some fighters I would love to see personally. But the only one I can see actually making it, is Captain Toad.

Img: My Top 10 Newcomers

1. Captain Toad - An awesome game with a lot of tools for a fun moveset.

2. Girahim - My favorite Zelda character. He has a lot of personality and could work as a very unique sword fighter.

3. Any/All Botw Champions - I mostly want Urbosa, but they could all work very well in Smash 5.

4. Arcanine - Who doesn't want their favorite Pokemon in Smash?

5. Banjo Kazooie - Needs no explanation. Just don't add Yooka Laylee instead..

6. Rusty - Steam World Dig is an awesome Indie game. The guy to bring a pickaxe to Smash is Rusty, not Steve..

7. Spyro - Cool dragon that would fit very well.

8. Nintendo LABO - This generations wtf character. (Have no clue how it would work, but it would be fun as heck.)

9. Spelunky Guy - Another fun Indie game with a cool guy. Could be a very unique fighter.

10. Raiden - Snake could use some Metal Gear company, and Raiden is fricking POGGERS. *RULES OF NATURE!*

D

Deleted member

1. Banjo & Kazooie ( Please this is what I need )
2. King K Rool ( I need this too )
3. Waluigi ( Yes I'm one of those )
4. Crash Bandicoot
5. Shovel Knight
6. Spring Man
7. Paper Mario
8. Another Sonic Rep ( Idk like Eggman or Tails )
9. Skull Kid
10. Bandana Dee

9 & 10 were basically Yeet picks but here you go!

Last edited by a moderator:

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman
Here are MY Top 10 Wanted Newcomers for Smash Ultimate:

1. Shovel Knight(Unique use of Relics & Shovel in moveset, alongside the fact he ALREADY has his own Set of Alternate Armor Colors from his own Game to choose from)
2. Decidueye(complete the 2ND Elemental Trio Wheel alongside the Pokemon Trainer's gen 1 Starters, to complete the Grass-type Niche of Greninja & Charizard)
3. Cranky Kong(Non-Echo Fighter DK Newcomer)
4. Linkle(Crossbows & Spin-Kicks; and Fan-Favorite Hyrule Warriors character)
5. Isaac from Golden Sun(He NEEDS to come back; he'd be like a Mix of Ness & any FE Standard Sword-fighter; with Psynergy Hands & Vines & Rocks)
6. Geno(Was SUPPOSED to be in Brawl; and is a Fan-favorite character, that even Sakurai wanted in back in Brawl)
7. Bandana Waddle Dee(Unique Spear-Wielding Gameplay, and being more Ground-oriented fighting; and ability to get air-fighters out of the air
8. Travis Touchdown[If the M-Rated Demonic WITCH Can get into smash; WHY CAN'T HE?!?!?!?; Also would be a good taunt Solution on his home stage to replace Snake's Codex & Palutena's Guidance(Especially if said Features don't return alongside their Stages & Characters)]
9. Spring man & Ribbon Girl(alongside some Springtron Alts; maybe Springtron could be an Echo Fighter, Complete with Robotic Voice)
10. Birdo[Seriously, If you Like NES Retro Characters so much Masahiro Sakurai, WHY Not bring a Beloved Mario Series Newcomer that Debuted in the NES Era(Though I Admit, It'd be Re-opening the Old Wounds of the Whole Super Mario USA/ SMB2/ Yume Kojo: Doki Doki Panic; re-igniting that Whole Controversy again)]

zabimaru1000

Smash Journeyman
1) Sora (If he's in I can definitely say Smash contains practically every video game series that's a part of my childhood)
2) Fiora (Deconfirmed through Shulk's Final Smash sadly)
3) Geno
4) Impa (If she's an echo fighter and based off a hypothetical design from BotW when she was young)
5) Porky (Adding one to the villain representation)
6) King K. Rool (More villains)
7) Karate Joe
8) Marx (Kirby villain)
9) Black Shadow (Echo fighter for Falcon and would put each series that starred in 64 w/ a villain fighter)
10) Simon Belmont

Gengar84

Smash Hero
  1. Magus - The Anti-Hero from Chrono Trigger. Magus is one of my favorite video game characters of all time and he has a ton of potential to have an amazing moveset. While he isn't the main character of his game, he did play a very important role and would be a lot more interesting than Crono in my opinion.

2. Golisopod - My favorite Gen 7 Pokemon, and a strong contender for my favorite Pokemon overall. While he may not be as popular as other choices like Decidueye or Mimikyu, he does have some relevance due to the fact that he is the main Pokemon used by the evil team leader, Guzma.

3. Rash/Pimple/Zitz - The Battletoads have been my brother's favorite video game characters ever since we were little. They would also have a really unique moveset in Smash. For anyone who hasn't played their games, they have the power to transform their limbs, grow ram horns for a charging attack, and even use vehicles like the speeder bike similar to Wario's motorcycle.

4. Nia and Dromarch - Much like Magus, the protagonist of a game is rarely my favorite character. I loved Xenoblade 2 but I never really liked Rex all that much. Nia, on the other hand, had an awesome personality and I believe she would offer more diversity to Smash. She would be the first mounted character (unless you count Duck Hunt) and one of the very few with healing abilities.

5. Impa - Admittedly, I never cared much about Impa until Skyward Sword. I always found her Ocarina of Time design to be a bit lame. However, in Hyrule Warriors, she is probably one of my favorite characters ever, as far as her design goes. The popular suggestion here is for her to be an echo of Sheik, but I feel she has so much more potential than that. Either of her movesets in Warriors would offer something unique to Smash. Her sword moveset would be one of the only water based elemental characters and her Naginata would be the only character with a polearm moveset.

6. Medusa - While we're on the topic of characters I like strictly for their design and moveset potential, Medusa is another one of my top picks. It may seem odd that she's so high up on my list considering that I've never played a Kid Icarus game, but she looks so cool and I've always wanted a dark magic user in Smash. It also helps that she is both a female and a villain which is something I feel the game is still lacking.

7. King K. Rool - This is who I actually voted for in the Smash Ballot. I loved the Donkey Kong Country games on the SNES and he definitely has enough moveset potential to be really interesting. Being a super heavyweight character that focuses on projectiles would do a lot to set him apart from the likes of DK and Bowser. Just pulling from DKC2 alone gives him enough to work with to make a really cool character. While he isn't my #1 most wanted, he is the only one on the list with a real chance to make it in as a unique character.

8. The Black Knight - While we're already pushing it for Fire Emblem representation, I think the Black Knight is too cool to pass up. On top of having an amazing design and backstory, he is also among the most iconic villains of his franchise. The fact that he got a Mii outfit and is also featured prominently in the live action Fire Emblem Heroes commercial tells me that he is at least still on people's minds so it might not be impossible. At the very least, he would make a decent echo of Ganondorf.

9. Sarah Kerrigan - I have always loved Blizzard's character designs and I believe Starcraft is one of the most influential games of its era. Like Ryu and Cloud, I think she is arguably the face of and entire genre. Like Medusa, she also fills the role of both a villain and a female. Just imagining a potential story mode scenario where Samus faces off against Kerrigan is enough to put her on the list.

10. Sephiroth - Sephiroth is another one of my favorite video game characters ever. The only reason he is so low on the list is that we already have Cloud. One one hand, this means that we probably don't get another stage or music like we would if a different third party character got in. On the other, I just love the thought of having as many villains as possible so the heroes actually have a reason to fight.
Honorable mentions - Lu Bu from Dynasty Warriors. I probably would have tried to fit him on this list but since he is based on a real person, I don't know if that disqualifies him as being "4th party". Technically Medusa has a similar issue since she is also based on a non-video game character. However, I would argue that, as far as Smash is concerned, their video game characters are more widely recognized to the point that I would argue if they are actually 4th party. I also wanted to limit my list to just one character per franchise. Otherwise, there would probably be more Pokemon on here like Gengar or Cofagrigus or another Xenoblade character such as Elma.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
  1. Magus - The Anti-Hero from Chrono Trigger. Magus is one of my favorite video game characters of all time and he has a ton of potential to have an amazing moveset. While he isn't the main character of his game, he did play a very important role and would be a lot more interesting than Crono in my opinion.

2. Golisopod - My favorite Gen 7 Pokemon, and a strong contender for my favorite Pokemon overall. While he may not be as popular as other choices like Decidueye or Mimikyu, he does have some relevance due to the fact that he is the main Pokemon used by the evil team leader, Guzma.

3. Rash/Pimple/Zitz - The Battletoads have been my brother's favorite video game characters ever since we were little. They would also have a really unique moveset in Smash. For anyone who hasn't played their games, they have the power to transform their limbs, grow ram horns for a charging attack, and even use vehicles like the speeder bike similar to Wario's motorcycle.

4. Nia and Dromarch - Much like Magus, the protagonist of a game is rarely my favorite character. I loved Xenoblade 2 but I never really liked Rex all that much. Nia, on the other hand, had an awesome personality and I believe she would offer more diversity to Smash. She would be the first mounted character (unless you count Duck Hunt) and one of the very few with healing abilities.

5. Impa - Admittedly, I never cared much about Impa until Skyward Sword. I always found her Ocarina of Time design to be a bit lame. However, in Hyrule Warriors, she is probably one of my favorite characters ever, as far as her design goes. The popular suggestion here is for her to be an echo of Sheik, but I feel she has so much more potential than that. Either of her movesets in Warriors would offer something unique to Smash. Her sword moveset would be one of the only water based elemental characters and her Naginata would be the only character with a polearm moveset.

6. Medusa - While we're on the topic of characters I like strictly for their design and moveset potential, Medusa is another one of my top picks. It may seem odd that she's so high up on my list considering that I've never played a Kid Icarus game, but she looks so cool and I've always wanted a dark magic user in Smash. It also helps that she is both a female and a villain which is something I feel the game is still lacking.

7. King K. Rool - This is who I actually voted for in the Smash Ballot. I loved the Donkey Kong Country games on the SNES and he definitely has enough moveset potential to be really interesting. Being a super heavyweight character that focuses on projectiles would do a lot to set him apart from the likes of DK and Bowser. Just pulling from DKC2 alone gives him enough to work with to make a really cool character. While he isn't my #1 most wanted, he is the only one on the list with a real chance to make it in as a unique character.

8. The Black Knight - While we're already pushing it for Fire Emblem representation, I think the Black Knight is too cool to pass up. On top of having an amazing design and backstory, he is also among the most iconic villains of his franchise. The fact that he got a Mii outfit and is also featured prominently in the live action Fire Emblem Heroes commercial tells me that he is at least still on people's minds so it might not be impossible. At the very least, he would make a decent echo of Ganondorf.

9. Sarah Kerrigan - I have always loved Blizzard's character designs and I believe Starcraft is one of the most influential games of its era. Like Ryu and Cloud, I think she is arguably the face of and entire genre. Like Medusa, she also fills the role of both a villain and a female. Just imagining a potential story mode scenario where Samus faces off against Kerrigan is enough to put her on the list.

10. Sephiroth - Sephiroth is another one of my favorite video game characters ever. The only reason he is so low on the list is that we already have Cloud. One one hand, this means that we probably don't get another stage or music like we would if a different third party character got in. On the other, I just love the thought of having as many villains as possible so the heroes actually have a reason to fight.
Honorable mentions - Lu Bu from Dynasty Warriors. I probably would have tried to fit him on this list but since he is based on a real person, I don't know if that disqualifies him as being "4th party". Technically Medusa has a similar issue since she is also based on a non-video game character. However, I would argue that, as far as Smash is concerned, their video game characters are more widely recognized to the point that I would argue if they are actually 4th party. I also wanted to limit my list to just one character per franchise. Otherwise, there would probably be more Pokemon on here like Gengar or Cofagrigus or another Xenoblade character such as Elma.
I actually started making a Golisopod support thread, but I wasn't satisfied with how it turned out so I didn't post it

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio
The Top #10 Character's I Want To See As Playable Fighter's In Super Smash Bros Ultimate (As Actual Playable Character's And Not Assist Trophies) (Either As Unlockable Content, Available From The Start, Or As Future DLC) (1-10)!

#1. Travis Touchdown (From The No More Heroes Series) (Owned By Grasshopper Manufacture)

#2. A New Donkey Kong Character- Either Dixie Kong Or King K. Rool (As A Playable Character And Not A Costume Please)

#3. Sub-Zero (From The Mortal Kombat Series) (Owned By Nether Realm Studios)

#4. A New Earthbound/Mother Character- Either The Masked Man/Claus (From Mother 3) Or Porky Minch (From Mother 3)

#5. Ryu Hayabusa (From The Ninja Gaiden Series) (Owned By Koei Tecmo)

#6. Another New Metroid Character- Either Dark Samus (From The Metroid Prime Series) Or Sylux (From Metroid Prime Hunters)

#7. A New Kirby Character- Either Prince Fluff (From Kirby's Epic Yarn) Or Magolor (From Kirby's Return To Dreamland)

#8. A New Legend Of Zelda Character- Either Vaati (From The Legend Of Zelda: The Minish Cap) Or Ravio (From A Link Between Worlds)

#9. A New Kid Icarus Character- Either Medusa Or Hades (Both Are From Kid Icarus: Uprising)

#10. The Mach Rider (From Mach Rider On NES)

kendikong

Smash Journeyman
I could go and make a list of most likely newcomers based on popularity and importance to their franchises, but that would just look like the list on the original post and honestly that list doesn't make me very excited.

I mean Dixie, Waluigi, Banadee, king k rool. Sure they're important characters, but would you really be excited to play/main them? I don't know, I'd rather have other characters that would probably see more use out of the majority of players.

I'm not going to try to consider likelihood. This will just be a wishlist of characters that I think would be very fun characters to play and would make the most excited. For me that would be fast, long reach characters with decent strength or long reach heavy hitters or blade users. Cool designs and waifus are also a BIG plus for appeal.

1. Linkle (Legend of Zelda)
2. Zero (Mega Man)
3. Skull Kid (Legend of Zelda)
4. Isaac (Golden Sun)
5. Decidueye (Pokemon)
6. Azura (Fire Emblem)
7. Simon Belmont (Castlevania)
8. Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney)
9. Pyra and Rex (Xenoblade 2)
10. Ribbon Girl/ Spring Man (Arms)

Last edited:

dynakinesis

Smash Rookie
Chrono Trigger characters are the only thing I've ever wanted for Smash. I think Crono is the logical/most likely choice, but can't lie and say I don't want Magus. Wonder if the mods would allow a general CT support thread

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
1 k rool
2 crash
3 Spyro
4 Shadow
5 lyn
6 ray mk2
7 hero shade
8 banjo
9 master chief
10 goemon

11duke nukem
12 Conker

Last edited:

AquaSol

Smash Apprentice
Can't really put them in any particular order, but here they are:
1.) King K. Rool
2.) Dixie Kong
3.) Elma
4.) Geno
5.) Skull Kid
6.) Ray MK III
7.) Mimikyu
8.) Bandana Dee
9.) Spring Man
10.) Rhythm Heaven Rep

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Here's a video of my Top 10 picks.

If you don't want to watch the video, they're:
1. Simon Belmont [Castlevania]
2. Erdrick(Roto) [Dragon Quest]
3. Decidueye [Pokemon]
4. Arthur [Ghosts 'n Goblins]
5. Kunio/Riki [River City Ransom]
6. King Hippo [Punch-Out]
7. Bill Rizer/Lance Bean [Contra]
8. Shantae [Shantae]
9. Samurai Goroh [F-Zero]
10. Ryu Hayabusa [Ninja Gaiden]

Last edited:

Domino11332

Smash Apprentice
1. Karate Joe
2. Ashley
3. Bandanna Dee
4. Lip
5. Paper Mario
6. Professor Layton
7. Rex & Pyra
8. Geno
9. Elma
10. Isaac

Last edited:

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
This list is going to disregard ATs and the like. Purely what I want for selfish reasons. Also, this is off the top of my head and probably will be inaccurate at any other date. I don't exactly have a saved list or anything like that.

1. Skull Kid (The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask)
2. Fierce Deity Link (The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask)
3. Amatarasu (Okami)
4. Neku (The World Ends With You)
5. Earthworm Jim (Earthworm Jim)
6. Razputin (Psychonauts)
7. Giegue (Mother)
8. Dark Samus (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
9. Midna (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)
10. Tibby (Rhythm Heaven: Megamix)

Last edited:

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
10.Rayman
9.Vaati
8.King K.Rool
7.Lip
6.Anna
5.Mallo
4.Isabelle
3.Linkle
2.Mimikyu
1.Ryu Hayabusa

Duckkleshuffle

Smash Rookie
10. Baby Mario Bros (Yoshi's Island)
9. Decidueye (Pokemon)
8. Slippy (Star Fox)
7. Masked Man (Earthbound)
6. Shantae
5. Dovahkiin (Skyrim)
4. Mallo (Pushmo)
3. Rabbid Peach (Super Mario)
2. Nate (Yo-Kai Watch)
1. Bandana Waddle Dee (Kirby)

Last edited:

Ultrashroomz

Smash Journeyman
10. Ninten (Ness Echo)
9. Ayumi Tachibana
8. Ashley (WarioWare)
7. Isaac (Golden Sun)
6. Bandana Waddle Dee
5. Octoling (Inkling Echo)
4. Celica (Fire Emblem Echoes)
3. Dark Samus (as a unique character)
2. Crash Bandicoot
1. Joker (Persona 5) (technically hasn't appeared on a Nintendo console yet, but he's 99.999999% to appear in Persona Q2 on 3DS)

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
In no particular order:
10. Bandanna Dee
9. Isaac
8. Toad or Captain Toad
7. Geno
6. Zero (Mega Man X)
5. Silver the Hedgehog
4. Richter Belmont (objectively the best Belmont)
3. Dr. Luigi
2. Master Bison (Street Fighter)
1. Rundas (Metroid)

Just for the record, I don’t actually expect any of these characters.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Feels weird putting deconfirmed characters on here, but otherwise the results are gonna be off at the end...

10. Ashley
9. Impa
8. Waluigi
7. Geno
6. Travis Touchdown
5. Skull Kid
4. Krystal
3. Bomberman
2. Banjo
1. Isaac

randy2dope

Smash Journeyman
1. Dixie Kong
2. Simon Belmont
3. Banjo and Kazooie
4. Yoshimitsu ( Covers tekken and SC)
5. Geno
6. Tails
7. Decidueye
8. Chun Li
9. chibi robo
10. Tetris ( in the past I've seen people suggest L block but I have a vision of every shape of block in the moveset)

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman
I sort of realized that I wanted to edit my previous list a bit, (and include some reasoning behind my picks) so while it's not too different, now I'd say my top 10 is:

10. Jibanyan
Well, this is sort of a pipe dream, but I would really like to see Jibanyan, or any Yokai Watch rep really. The series really surprised me with how much I like it when I gave it a try, and seeing it represented in Smash would make me really happy. Plus, it would really help Yokai Watch's popularity in the West. He's low on the list because I don't think it's going to happen, and I'm not sure if he should get in over third parties with more history, or first party characters that have been waiting for a while. Nonetheless, I'd be happy to see Jibanyan.

9. Ken Masters
He's the original Echo Fighter. In some ways I want him for that distinction alone, but I do actually really like his bond with Ryu, and I think it would be really cool to see the both of them fighting in Smash. I'm not even the biggest Street Fighter fan, but it's still something that I think would be really cool to see.

8. Skull Kid
Majora's Mask is my favorite Zelda game, and so Skull Kid is one of my favorite Zelda antagonists. He'd kind of be a weird one, but I still really dig the idea. I do feel like Zelda kind of deserves another unique rep because of the size of the series, and Skull Kid I feel would be a cool addition. The thing really holding him back is the fact that any almost any other main Zelda antagonist deserves to be in just as much as him, and it would be kind of weird to see him along with the Zelda mainstays (and Shiek...), but still, I think he'd be pretty cool.

7. Ashley
Ashley is interesting. Just a few weeks ago, I wouldn't have really wanted her in Smash. But after thinking about it some more, along with being reminded about how much I like WarioWare thanks to that WarioWare Gold opening, I think I'd actually rather like Ashley. I think she deserves it what with her popularity being what it is, and being a second rep for Warioware which I think is a series worthy of having a second representative. Somehow, she's become a character that I'd like to see in a short amount of time. Weird huh? Maybe she cast a hex on me or something...

6. Shadow
Yeah, I know, Shadow's a dumb edgy relic from the early 2000s, Sonic shouldn't have a second rep, I get it. But what can I say? I really like Shadow. Is it nostalgia? Maybe. But I do really like the character a lot. And I think that it would be totally reasonable for him to be an Echo Fighter of Sonic. I wouldn't mind that at all, because he does typically use Sonic's moves when he's playable, and he'd still have his personality through taunts and victory animations and such. So yeah. Despite everything, I would like to see that Edgehog.

5. Dixie Kong
DKC really does need more representation, and Dixie perfectly fulfills that. She's the star of the third game of the DKC trilogy, and she's really made a name for herself. While she might not be the DKC character that I want to see the most, I really don't think that the DKC representation would be complete without her. I think we need her to have a proper trio with her, DK, and Diddy. To quote a legendary song, "If you choose her, you'll not choose wrong. With a skip and a hop, she's one cool Kong!" (Okay that verse was about her cousin, but Tiny Kong always was just a discount Dixie).

4. Geno
Geno was a character that I actually really liked from my childhood days of playing Super Mario RPG and jamming to that Rawest Forest remix of the Forest Maze, but I never thought would get into Smash, so I never got excited at the idea. Now that his chances seem better than ever, imagining him in the game has really revitalized my liking of his character. Seeing him in Smash would feel really nostalgic, and he always seemed like he'd be a badass character to play.

3. Dillon
Okay, I feel kind of bad for putting him ahead of choices that I do honestly think are more deserving, like Dixie and Geno, but I can't help it. I love this armadillo. His games I feel are very underrated, and they really drew me in with their tower defense, action, and resource management. I'd be really happy to see him and his series get more attention through him being playable in Smash, and I think he'd be rad to play, especially with his new duds and abilities from his newest game. I will say though that I would also be perfectly fine with him staying an Assist Trophy. I just want him to be represented in the game at all, and I'm not expecting, nor do I necessarily think he really should get in over character that are more overdue, such as Dixie. It's just a personal want really.

2. Bandana Dee
Recently, I've fallen back in love with the Kirby series, and so not only would I want a new Kirby rep, but I want Bandana Dee for being such a charming little blob. I really love the Returns to Dreamland crew that he forms with Kirby, Meta Knight, and Dedede, and I love how he's really made a name for himself over the years. Seeing him in Smash along with his friends would really warm my heart. He might be number two, but man, he's only number two by a very small margin.

1. King K. Rool
The croc is still on top. K. Rool managed to really endear himself to me during the Smash 4 DLC era, and he's still my most wanted character. He's another villain, a heavyweight (Which are generally my favorites to play), and DKC needs more representation. With the fan favorite Ridley finally making it in, along with the Mii Costume that bodes well for his chances, I've got my fingers crossed for the Kremling King.

airConditioner

Smash Ace
I have nothing better to do so

10. King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country)
9. Octolings (Splatoon)
8. Saki Amamiya (Sin & Punishment)
7. Ephraim (Fire Emblem)
6. Starfy (The Legendary Starfy)
5. Waluigi (Mario Spin-offs)
4. Bandana Dee (Kirby
3. Stylist (Style Savvy)
2. Chibi-Robo (Chibi-Robo)
1. Isaac (Golden Sun)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Geez I only got 5 If I could expand.

1. King K. Rool
Really got attached to him during Smash 4, and have been a fan, ever since. My second favourite villain after Bowser, and one reason I've grown attached to Donkey Kong Country, besides it's challenge, levels and the Kong family heh. Hope he gets in.

2. Decidueye
Great Pokemon rep tons of potential, would love it in.

3. Bandana Dee
Adorable, but fierce and spunky fighter tons of Moveset ideas.

4. Isaac
The sun must rise on Isaac, again.

5. Spyro
Always was a bigger Spyro fan then Crash, fan plus he'd be a cool fit.

6. Dixie Kong
If the king can get in she can do, even if he dosen't I'll be the first to tell Dixie fans. You deserve it if she gets in.

7. Jibanyan
Yeah doubt it but get you never knows.

8. Shovel Knight
Steel thy shovel.

9. Viewtiful Joe
Why not? It was a series on Nintendo right?

10. Shadow
Yup,, why not.

I didn't need to give long explanations for everyone as K. Rool matters most to me to get added But these are my 10 most wanted.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
It's actually hard for me to think of up to 10 characters I want. I can only really think of maybe 5 at the most, but I'll give it a shot.

1) Isaac (Golden Sun) - Honestly, he's really the only character I want in. I would love to have my Dream Team Trio become a reality. (See my profile pic)

2) Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
3) Simon Belmont (Castlevania)
4) King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country)
5) Shadow (Sonic the Hedgehog)

After 5, I had a hard time thinking of who else I would like to see, because there are so many good choices out there. But here are the next 5 that came off at the top of my head as being pretty cool to have (in no particular order):

6) Banjo & Kazooe (Banjo & Kazooe)
7) Geno (Super Mario RPG)
8) Rayman (Rayman)
9) Spyro (Spyro the Dragon)
10) Crash (Crash Bandicoot)

Kind of sad that I can only think of one unrepresented Nintendo IP (Golden Sun) that I want to have in Smash. But man, I would love if they do represent it and not just for Golden Sun, but also for Camelot.

Last edited:

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
I may have already voted, can’t remember. If so, I don’t mean to double vote.
  1. Geno
  2. Kazuya
  3. Gengar
  4. Decuideye
  5. Midna + wolf link
  6. Impa
  7. Spring man
  8. K rool
  9. Waluigi
  10. Dixie

Last edited:

Cetus

Smash Apprentice
Top tens are one of my top ten favorites things.

10-Amatarasu. Never finished Okami, but I am in love with Ammy's design. A lot of interesting moveset potential as well.

9-Tora & Poppi. Another Xenoblade character. I put Tora above Nia because I think he'd have a more interesting moveset. Especially with all the things Poppi can do.

8-Spyro. Haven't played too many Spyro games. Only one partially, but I really like his character design and I'd love to see him in more forms.

7-Louie. More Pikmin's always a great idea imo.

6-Lillie. I think she'd be a perfect representative for Pokemon Sun and Moon. Perhaps an echo fighter of pokemon trainer but with the Alolan starters.

5-Isabelle. Villager is one of the more interesting fighters for Smash and an echo with one of the best Animal Crossing characters is just a win win.

4-Dillon. Never played a single Dillon game, but I adore his design and a potential moveset would be great. Also, just to represent the series in someway.

3-King K. Rool. Never played a DK game either. Again, it comes down to his great design. Very charming and full of character. Would be a perfect addition to the game while giving DK some more rep as well as another villain character to play as.

2-Rex & Pyra. Getting sick of Xenoblade? Too bad, another driver blade combo. But this time, the main pair of the series. I personally prefer some of the other characters in Xenoblade 2, but if I had to choose one, I think Rex and Pyra would be the go to simply because they're the main characters and Skye Bennet's a glorious voice actor.

1-Oceana. Underdog of my list but that's why she's number 1. Endless Oceans has nothing in Smash bros, not even a trophy. I would love to see a character be playable. Especially with Blue World's multitude of different mechanics that can lead to an interesting moveset like Villager.

Last edited:

Scicky

Smash Journeyman
1 - Geno
2 - Mimikyu
3 - Vaati
4 - Lloyd Irving
5 - Ray 01
6 - King K Rool
7 - Paper Mario
8 - Claus
9 - Ashley
10 - Isaac

Almand

Smash Journeyman
From least to most wanted:

10. Shantae
-She'd be pretty cool to have in, but I wouldn't really bat an eye if she was left out.
9. Labo Man
-He seems pretty fun, more of a joke character than anything.
8. Skull Kid
-Just something from Majora's Mask, considering Young Link doesn't get that treatment. But still, an Assist Trophy is good enough, provided he keeps that classic laugh, maybe gets that scream upon activating his little power.
7. ARMS Rep (Specifically Min Min or Spring Man)
-I've never even played ARMS, I just like the characters and moveset potential.
6. Paper Mario
-Only if he's based on the first three games, but I think that's rather unlikely. Cards, Paint Hammer, Stickers, so on will probably be included, if not the central focus of his moveset.
5. Ashley
-I'm a fan of mages, and Ashley's pretty cool.
4. Count Bleck
-We need more villains (Yeah, I know Bleck doesn't ''''''really'''''' fit), more mages, and more "oddball" characters. Bleck fits all three, but that's biased. I just have a soft spot for Bleck, and I wanna hear who they get to give a voice to "Bleh heh heh, BLECK!"
3. Grovyle
-I have an attachment to Grovyle because of Mystery Dungeon. Otherwise, he'd be pretty much the same design sheet as Sceptile, the only caviat would be the Final Smash, since he now can't have Mega Sceptile.
2. Karate Joe
-I love Rhythm Heaven, plain and simple. It'd be hard to include rhythm in his moves (especially if they're music-based, it'd be difficult to have that along with background music), I think it's possible.
1. Decloned Daisy
-It's a longshot, I know, she's already revealed to be an Echo, but that's not gonna stop me from wanting my girl to be unique. Unless Sakurai pulled the ultimate (haha) bamboozle, though, it ain't gonna happen.

Last edited:

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
1 Geno(Please Sakurai)
2 K. Rool
3 Dixie Kong
4 Simon Belmont

I know that's only 4, but those are the only characters who I would go nuts to see.

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
Ranked from 10 - 1, least wanted to most wanted. pretty much anything after 6 i struggled to think of, so i support them, but not too much. Honourable mention to Issac from golden sun and Geno.

Number 10: Chrom (Fire emblem Awakening)
Awakening got me into fire emblem, and Chrom is cool. Lucina and Robin are already in so there isn't much of a desire there for him, but if anyone gets in from FE it's probably him, which will be cool. Hope he's a Roy echo though, not an Ike.

Number 9: Funky Kong (Donkey Kong series)
He's cool. Like him more than any other potential DK characters. Don't want a unique fighter out of him but a DK Echo would be nice.

Number 8: Midbus (Mario and Luigi Series)
Midbus was a cool guy in the M&L Series. Literally, since he had ice powers :). I saw he'd work well as a Bowser echo, just give him ice breath instead of fire.

Number 7: Birdo (Mario series)
Yoshi echo. Birdo has always been awesome and she needs more recognition. The return of the SMB2 stage from melee kinda dashed her chances but that's why this is a wish list!

Number 6: Amaterasu (Okami)
Wolves are cool. Ammy is cool. Amazing potential for a unique fighting style and some cool okami tracks. Okami is getting remade for the switch and had a Wii port + DS sequel so she has a chance! Cmon ammy!

Number 5: Hector/The Black Knight (Fire emblem/Fire emblem: Path of radiance/Radiant Dawn)
Ike Echo's. Hector because Hector is cool. The black Knight because the black knight is cool. One of the best Villains FE has had. I don't really mind which get in but I would like either!

Number 4: Gardevoir (Pokemon series)
One of my favourite Pokemon ever. Doesn't make my top 3 despite that. (Though every pokemon after my top 3 change depending on the day). Super popular, was in pokken, got a mega and a fairy type. If she's in I expect a Mewtwo or Zelda echo.

Number 3: Micaiah (Fire emblem: Radiant Dawn)
It's not happening. But she was one of the best characters in radiant dawn and is really cool. Would like a 100 % Mage fighting style which I think she could bring.

Number 2: Skull Kid (Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask)
From the best Zelda game. More Majora's Mask representation! Also Majora's mask was a cool villain and we need more villains and dark magic,

Number 1: Bandana Waddle Dee (Kirby Series)
Cute, Round, brave, and has a spear. Spear ability in Kirby was always one of my favourites and fighting styles with weapons that are not swords is something smash desperately needs. I really hope he's in. I think a spear based moveset would be so fun and interesting! Plus we need to round out the quartet of Kirby characters!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wants are different now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Really the only characters I want this time around are 1). Isaac and 2). Simon Belmont. I'd be satisfied if just one of them made it in, though I suppose I can put together a full-fledged list of who I'd like to see.

1). Isaac - He was my most wanted character for Smash 4, and here's to hoping he finally gets some time to shine in Ultimate. Golden Sun is an awesome game that deserves more love, and Isaac has such incredible moveset potential that it's a shame he still hasn't been added yet. I wanna see my boi use Ragnarok in HD glory!
2). Simon Belmont - I think a Castlevania rep is long overdue, and I think Simon himself is a pretty iconic game character. I wanted him for Smash 4 too, but it seems like he actually might have a chance this time around, which excites me.
3). Porky - As much as I love the Mother series, I think another rep is highly unlikely. But if we were to get another one, I think Porky is the most logical choice. He's the villain in two of the three games, and it'd give them a chance to make a Mother character who doesn't use PSI.
4). Mach Rider - I don't know why, but ever since I found out he was considered for Melee, I have hoped he'd one day appear on the roster. Something about a fighter who'd duke it out on a weaponized bike has just always appealed to me for whatever reason. Oh well, I can dream...

The rest of these aren't necessarily "wants," but I'd be pleasantly surprised to see them on the roster.
5). Another Zelda rep - If I had to choose, I guess I'd pick Skull Kid or Impa, but I don't really care either way. I just think tLoZ deserves more reps.
6). Mike Jones - Never played Star Tropics or Zoda's Revenge, but I love it when obscure/unexpected characters are added.
7). Dark Samus - Again, I feel like Metroid deserves more reps since it's such an important franchise.
8). Chibi Robo - Never played any of his games, but I've always wanted to. I like his design a lot and feel like he has pretty good moveset potential.
9). Frogger - I loved his games growing up, and therefore he's always been one of my favorite characters. He has like zero chance of getting in, but I believe he's still a well-known gaming icon that warrants consideration at the very least.
10). Andy - Don't think he has that much of a chance either, but I think a rep from Advance Wars would be pretty cool.

Last edited:

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I don't have 10 characters that I want but there are a few characters I think deserve to make it in or would at least be interesting. However, the Top 3 I definitely do want.

1. Geno: Been supporting him since the Brawl days. Used to watch funny flash animations with him in it and people in flash pushing him as a character and got swept up in it. I also really enjoyed SMRPG. He has a great design, great moveset potential and he's actually a pretty chipper fellow (as a dissent to those few that call him an "edgy" character). I understand he has a mountain of roadblocks in front of him (relevancy, age, third party status, etc.) but with Sakurai's comments, Square being on from the beginning of Ultimate's cycle, the ballot and the Mii costume, I feel like Geno's star may finally be shining. But will it be enough?

2. Shantae: Another long-shot (why do I do this to myself?!), I first discovered her after playing Risky's Revenge. She's a super fun, colorful character that's legitimately funny and has interesting moveset potential. I actually ended up pledging $200 to the Half Genie Hero Kickstarter campaign as well and threw even more of my support behind her when Wayforward themselves nominated her for Smash 4. Surprisingly, I'd say she's got an even steeper hill to climb than Geno but I think she at the least has a snowball's chance.

3. Ashley: Not as much of an underdog as the previous two, but still an underdog (by my estimation). I find Ashley's personality unique for a Ninty character and enjoy the contrast between her and the rest of the colorful WarioWare cast. She could have an interesting magic-based moveset. I'm also endeared by her fanbase that like her because she wants friends and find that relatable. I'm also a fan of witches in general and am writing a cartoon that stars a witch, so that helps. =P

4. King K. Rool: Here's where we exit my "want" list and enter the "actually probable" characters section, I think K. Rool is overdue for his place on the roster. Personally, I think he should have been added long ago and am convinced that he was the true ballot winner. Even prior to the Bayonetta datamine that occurred recently, I found it very suspect that she was the supposed winner. I shouldn't have to say much for the kroc, he's obviously got the personality and moveset potential to be interesting. I never found relevancy to be a very big argument against him. He is THE definitive Donkey Kong antagonist.

5. Dixie Kong: I'm in the surprisingly small camp that thinks that both K. Rool AND Dixie should and will make it on to Smash Ultimate's roster. I don't think it would be all that difficult to make her a semi-clone of Diddy, although now it appears that she could be an echo fighter (which would be even easier to make) since Diddy has (apparently?) lost his tail moves. Really, I think it matters a lot more to the fanbase that she even appears on the roster at all and I do consider her to be amongst Nintendo's (rapidly declining at this point) All-Stars. Let her out of the barrel, Sakurai!

6. Rex & Pyra: Firstly, I believe Elma will be on the base roster as Ultimate's roster was finalized in 2015, and that's okay! I think these two are almost assuredly going to be DLC. I haven't played XB2 yet (but I will eventually!) and I'll admit that I don't particularly like the anime turn the series is pushing into, but the Xenoblade developers do a ton of work (and it shows!) and that's frankly something I respect a lot. If there's one series that deserves 1 or 2 more reps, and an IP that's growing in popularity that could use a boost, it's this one, no question. Their moveset potential could be super interesting and unlike anything we've seen before if Sakurai gets creative enough. Their designs are starting to slowly grow on me too.

7. Simon Belmont: It helps that he's on a credible leak but to be honest with you, I do consider Castlevania to be an integral part in Nintendo's history. The dude has a really sick design, one I hope they honor in his Smash debut (and I am expecting him at this point). His moveset could be interesting with his use of the whip and I must admit I do like it when the grittier characters contrast with the more traditional cute and fluffy Ninty types.

8. Lip: At this point, these would be my take em or leave em type characters. I like Lip. Will I be upset if she's not on the roster? Nah. Would I be happy to see her? Sure! I think she has a cute design and could potentially be hiding an interesting moveset behind the Tetris, damaging flower and fairy background. Plus, a retro Japan-only rep sounds kind of cool to me. Perhaps she could make for a suitable Takamaru replacement. With all the Match 3 mobile games too, this could even pave the way for a series revival on smartphones. It wouldn't be a bad marketing strategy.

9. Spring Man / Ribbon Girl: Either or both (as costume swaps) would be good. Promoting new IPs is always a smart move and a way to ensure against financial uncertainty in the future. You gotta make sure something's selling after all. The ARMs series certainly looks colorful and interesting. The moveset and design of these characters are the biggest draw for me. It wouldn't surprise me if they were DLC, but maybe Nintendo will wait until the next installment of Smash to test the waters and see how this new IP holds up first before committing to it.

10. Bandana Dee: Not going to lie, I'm not particularly enthused by Hat Goomba (Alright, I'm sorry! That was a low blow!) but I do agree with most that Kirby is deserving of a 4th rep. It just makes sense for it to be Bandana Dee instead of a random villain and I actually do like to see certain core casts completed. The spear could be interesting and at least offers something other than "sword figther" though with his design and quirks, even if it was a sword he'd still be different.

Honarable mention: Ms. Pac-Man. I just want her as a costume swap, not even as an echo fighter. I think she's every bit as iconic as Pac-Man and deserves to be highlighted as such. Would be the easiest inclusion of another All-Star as well.

Troykv

Smash Master
Ranked from 10 - 1, least wanted to most wanted. pretty much anything after 6 i struggled to think of, so i support them, but not too much. Honourable mention to Issac from golden sun and Geno.

Number 10: Chrom (Fire emblem Awakening)
Awakening got me into fire emblem, and Chrom is cool. Lucina and Robin are already in so there isn't much of a desire there for him, but if anyone gets in from FE it's probably him, which will be cool. Hope he's a Roy echo though, not an Ike.

Number 9: Funky Kong (Donkey Kong series)
He's cool. Like him more than any other potential DK characters. Don't want a unique fighter out of him but a DK Echo would be nice.

Number 8: Midbus (Mario and Luigi Series)
Midbus was a cool guy in the M&L Series. Literally, since he had ice powers :). I saw he'd work well as a Bowser echo, just give him ice breath instead of fire.

Number 7: Birdo (Mario series)
Yoshi echo. Birdo has always been awesome and she needs more recognition. The return of the SMB2 stage from melee kinda dashed her chances but that's why this is a wish list!

Number 6: Amaterasu (Okami)
Wolves are cool. Ammy is cool. Amazing potential for a unique fighting style and some cool okami tracks. Okami is getting remade for the switch and had a Wii port + DS sequel so she has a chance! Cmon ammy!

Number 5: Hector/The Black Knight (Fire emblem/Fire emblem: Path of radiance/Radiant Dawn)
Ike Echo's. Hector because Hector is cool. The black Knight because the black knight is cool. One of the best Villains FE has had. I don't really mind which get in but I would like either!

Number 4: Gardevoir (Pokemon series)
One of my favourite Pokemon ever. Doesn't make my top 3 despite that. (Though every pokemon after my top 3 change depending on the day). Super popular, was in pokken, got a mega and a fairy type. If she's in I expect a Mewtwo or Zelda echo.

Number 3: Micaiah (Fire emblem: Radiant Dawn)
It's not happening. But she was one of the best characters in radiant dawn and is really cool. Would like a 100 % Mage fighting style which I think she could bring.

Number 2: Skull Kid (Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask)
From the best Zelda game. More Majora's Mask representation! Also Majora's mask was a cool villain and we need more villains and dark magic,

Number 1: Bandana Waddle Dee (Kirby Series)
Cute, Round, brave, and has a spear. Spear ability in Kirby was always one of my favourites and fighting styles with weapons that are not swords is something smash desperately needs. I really hope he's in. I think a spear based moveset would be so fun and interesting! Plus we need to round out the quartet of Kirby characters!
It's always nice to meet people that would like to have Micaiah in Smash Bros :D

(And Bandana Dee too)

marmite

Smash Rookie
10. Chibi-Robo
9. Jack Frost and Pyro Jack team up
8. Elite Beat Agent
7. Professor Layton
6. Alexandra Roivas (make Raymond Bryce from Disaster: Day of Crisis a echo)
5. Saki Amamiya
4. Ganon (how he is in Link to the Past)
3. Crash Bandicoot (know he won't make it for the main game but seems like a good dlc pick)
2. Wonder Red
1. Kaptain K. Rool (just want K Rool and to have this as a alt for him for him)

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Well now, since I got my most wanted in after all this time, I feel I should revise my top 10.

My personal top 10?

1. Ridley
2. Lyn
3. Dragonborn
4. Dixie Kong
5. Simon Belmont
6. King K. Rool
7. Mach Rider
8. Isaac
9. Takamaru
10. Lip

I tend to fluctuate on who I really want in terms of top 10, although Ridley's pretty much been a constant for me throughout speculation.
1. King K. Rool
2. Simon Belmont
3. Elma
4. Dixie Kong
5. Dragonborn
6. Dark Samus
7. Paper Mario
8. Isaac
9. Captain Toad
10. Lip

Top Bottom