• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top 10 Most Wanted Newcomers for Smash Switch!

Honest Slug

Smash Journeyman
1. King K Rool
2. Paper Mario
3. Geno
4. Chorus Kids
5. Isaac
6. Rayman
7. Ashley
8. Captain Toad
9. Dixie Kong
10. Mimikyu

I got Ridley and Waluigi isn't making this game so Mimikyu and Dixie Kong are making my wishlist.

To be honest King K Rool is the last character that feels like a true missing link, once he's in the roster will pretty much be perfect for me, with the rest being the icing on the cake.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
10. Sceptile/Decidueye (Pokémon)
9. Lloyd Irving (Tales of Symphonia)
8. Bandana Dee (Kirby)
7. Rhythm Heaven representative
6. Andy/Sami (Advance Wars)
5. Chibi-Robo
4. Banjo and Kazooie
3. King K.Rool ( Donkey Kong)
2 Rayman
1. Isaac (Golden Sun)
Honorable Mentions: Ashley, Crash Bandicoot, Lloyd Irving, Professor Layton, Excite Bike, Dixie Kong, Elma, Shantae, ARMS character, A Goron ( any Goron whether it's Goron Link, Darunia or Daruk)

Last edited:

Travix Man

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TravixMan
I appreciate the choices, but damn, you ripped a lot more directly out of my post than I first realized. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery I guess?
My apologies, that was my fault. I needed to use a template, but I guess I forgot to change some things. I went back and changed it now with the choices remaining the same, just different wording. PM me if there is still any mistake on my end.

Originality

Smash Journeyman
10.Mimikyu
9.Wonder Red
8.Dillon
7.Lip
6.Isabelle
5.Linkle
4.Rayman
3.Ashley
2.Banjo-Kazooie
1.Chibi-Robo

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
This is a really cool way to form a top 10 list for the forum! Here are mine.

1. Ridley - Supporter since Brawl.

2. ‎Twintelle - See icon. Pipe dream but anything's possible with Sakurai.

3. ‎Mimikyu - My top three are the ones I'd die to see.
Mimikyu is also in my top 3 favorite Pokemon so yeah.

4. ‎Marx - Huge supporter after playing him in Star Allies. Don't think he's as likely as Bandana though.

5. ‎Tetra - Ever since Toon Sheik files were found in Brawl :(. Also Zelda hasn't had a true newcomer since Melee and Wind Waker is my favorite Zelda.

6. ‎Claus / Masked Man - If Mother were to get a new character it should be this badass. Also I hope he is officially called Claus and not 'Masked Man'. They didn't try to save people from spoilers with Sheik or Lucina...

7. Travis Touchdown - Only third party character I want. There's also an interesting history of Suda 51 requesting him so we'll see.

8. ‎Chibi Robo - Cute guy.

9. Spring Man - I just really want an Arms rep.

10. Decideueye - Second most wanted Pokemon. Both are ghost types so that's good with me.

Excited to see updated results!
Figured I'd update my top 10 now that Ridley's been announced.

10. Spring Man (or any ARMS rep...rip)
9. Decideueye
8. Travis Touchdown
7. Chibi Robo
6. Claus / Masked Man
5. Marx
4. Urbosa
3. Tetra
2. Twintelle (rip ARMS chances)
1. Mimikyu

epicgordan

Smash Ace
In no particular order:

1. Crash Bandicoot
2. Spyro the Dragon
3. Sora
4. Sephiroth
5. Angry Video Game Nerd
6. Decidueye
7. Yugi Muto (yes, I even conceived of a whole new moveset for him, including how his Final Smashes would work)
8. Heihachi
9. Lester the Unlikely
10. Rhythm Heaven rep (probably the Chorus Kids)

Honorable Mentions: Dixie Kong, King K. Rool, Bandana Dee, Bubble Bobble, Excitebiker, Isaac, Spring-Man/Ribbon Girl (basically, the Nintendo IP's people have been clamoring for, but I have no emotional attachment to).

Sorry for my utter lack of Nintendo IP's. I was a PlayStation kid growing up, and my big franchises were Final Fantasy, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro the Dragon, and Yu-Gi-Oh. And the only other exceptions to the rule growing up were Pokémon and Sonic the Hedgehog. But, hey? At least I didn't go with Lay and Cress, or Bubsy. Yes, my first big PlayStation games were Floating Runner, Bubsy 3D, and Tekken 2. And it wasn't until Crash Bandicoot that we made great use of our Memory Card.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
My apologies, that was my fault. I needed to use a template, but I guess I forgot to change some things. I went back and changed it now with the choices remaining the same, just different wording. PM me if there is still any mistake on my end.
No actual worries, I just thought it was kind of funny to be honest, though I don't think that came off as well in my response as I had hoped there. We do share similar opinions for newcomers, so I'm very happy to see that of course.

If Smash manages to get in both Spyro and Crash, in addition to having Snake and Cloud already, it would be kind of hilarious to look back at poor Playstation All-Stars and the fact that it utterly lacked all of them...

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
I cant come up with ten so I have instead.

7. Ridley Oh wait he's actually in now.
6. Banjo and Kazooie(Banjo and Kazooie) (With Phil Spencer saying that he would allow Banjo and Kazooie to be in Smash and with Nintendo and Microsoft partnering up with crossplay, not to mention Sakurai did consider adding Banjo and Kazooie for Melee I can say with full confidence that I think the bear and the bird can join Smash)
5. Sash Lilac(Freedom Planet) (I think she can easily be incorporated into the game. Pretty simple design and abilities. And Freedom Planet is one of my favourite games0
4. Adeleine(Kirby 64) (I think her ability to bring her painting to life could make for some good references)
3. Infernape(Pokemon) (Pretty much the Goku of the series. Just look up Blaze Infernape and you'll see what I mean. Which means this is the closest thing to Goku in Smash. Nuff said really. Not to mention the most developed character in the Pokemon Anime)
2.Tails (Sonic) (I really want Sega to put Tails back in some action again and not just on the sidelines. Maybe putting him in Smash will wake up their eyes. Not to mention we could make the fated Mario and Luigi Vs Sonic and Tails battle finally happen if he got put in.
1.Sora (Kingdom Hearts) (This is just too perfect. Sora travels to different worlds in Kingdom Hearts so they could easily incorporate that for a trailer or even a possible Story mode. Plus he has SO MANY abilities. We're talking Flowmotion, Magic, Normal Combo Attacks, The new Disney Rides(for his Final Smash maybe), Drive Forms(Which he can easily use for palette swaps. Not to mention Final Form could also be used as another Final Smash), D-Links and Trinity Limit(Once again another option for a Final Smash). Plus Kingdom Hearts III comes out one month right after Smash. You cant tell me this isn't the perfect chance)
Edit: I've added Banjo and Kazooie to my list now.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I don't *think* I've posted in the thread before, but now that we have the actual game announced and know a few things, I'll go ahead and do one!

10. Banjo-Kazooie (They're here because I'm not convinced of the probability, otherwise they're easily fighting for the #1 spot.)
9. Geno
8. Decidueye
7. Rex+Pyra
6. Elma
5. Bandana Dee
4. Simon Belmont
3. Ashley
2. Dixie Kong
1. King. K. Rool. I don't think anyone who knows me needs to know why *this* is. I've been waiting for this since post-Melee, and just want to see him make a proper komeback. C'mon, ballot...

Honorable mentions to a Dark Samus, Ken and Hilda echo.

Really, some of these are just there to fill space. I'd be satisfied with the top 5 or even less, even better if one of them ended up being Banjo instead.

Last edited:

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Don't have 10 anymore, most of my choices are in. I'll post what I can though.

5. Issac (Golden Sun)
4. Geno (Super Mario)
3. Rayman (Rayman)
2. Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes)
1. King K. Rool (DK)

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
1. Banjo & Kazooie (it could happen :cry:)
2. Isaac
3. Takamaru
4. Tethu
5.Paper Mario
6. Vaati
7. King K Rool
8. Ridley (more for his fans than I actually want him)
9. Rex + Pyra/Mythra
10. Min Min
Well I guess I should update this a little

1. Banjo & Kazooie (man his chances are looking so much better)
2. Isaac
3. Tethu (well a 2015 project plan really does kill him but whatever I still want him)
4.Paper Mario
5. Mike Jones
6. Vaati
7. Sora
8. King K Rool
9. Rex + Pyra/Mythra
10. Min Min

link Г

Smash Rookie
1, Waluigi (most wanted since Brawl, I don't even care about the rest if he gets in)
2. Tingle
3. King K. Rool
4. Dixie Kong
5. Cranky Kong
6. Impa (I'll take OoT/HW Impa since that would be the most likely pick, but I'd actually prefer old Impa or fat Impa)
7. Balloon Fighter
8, Toadsworth (or any other toad like regular Toad, Captain Toad, Hint Toad, Toadette, I just like Toadsworth the most)
9, Funky Kong
10. I don't even know so I'll just say Lester the Unlikely because he got mentioned a few posts ago and I was reminded of him

Honourable mentions that have no chance:
Every other Kong and one more kremling like Klubba or K. Lumsy (not too big, he can crouch)
Pinkle, or any character from Tingle's own games
Some Wario/WarioWare character
Doshin the Giant (he can crouch as well)
Goku (i actually wanted him in melee hehe)
Brock (not using pokémon, but fighting himself)
Any king of Hyrule
Any elderly character because Smash needs old timers

Other characters I've wanted through the years include Diddy, Wario, Ridley, Villager, Inkling and Miis.

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
Well, I got Ridley and Inklings, so....

1. King K. Rool (Donkey Kong)
2. Azura (Fire Emblem)
3. Decidueye/any Ultra Beast (Pokemon)
4. Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)
5. Banjo-Kazooie (Banjo-Kazooie)
6. Geno (Super Mario)
7. Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight)
8. Spring Man (ARMS)
9. Rex w/ Pyra & Mythra (Xenoblade)
10. Simon Belmont (Castlevania)

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
10. Doomguy (DOOM)
9. Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight)
8. Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes)
7. Alexandra Roivas (Eternal Darkness)
6. Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight)
5. Isaac (Golden Sun)
4. Wonder Red (the Wonderful 101)
3. Rayman (Rayman)
2. Ridley (Metroid)
1. King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country)

Most of them are due to enjoying their original game or feeling that they would fit well in Smash, though in the case of my top two, I feel like they are long overdue for Smash Bros. for a variety of reasons.
With Ridley confirmed as a playable character (FINALLY!) and Sukapon confirmed as an assist trophy, I'm making some changes.

10. Elma (Xenoblade Chronicles X)
9. Bandanna Waddle Dee (Kirby)
8. Doomguy (DOOM)
7. Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes)
6. Alexandra Roivas (Eternal Darkness)
5. Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight)
4. Isaac (Golden Sun)
3. Wonder Red (the Wonderful 101)
2. Rayman (Rayman)
1. King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country)

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
Decided to do some changes! Mine has had some key changes since then

10. Impa
9. King K. Rool
8. Mike Jones
7. Celica
6. Mimikyu
5. Elma
4. Skull Kid
3. Captain Toad
2. Ridley
1. Waluigi

The cuts (Dixie Kong, Jack Frost, Tora & Poppi and Saki Amamiya) stay as honorable mentions
With the confirmation of :ultridley: (THANK GOD!) and the deconfirmation of our dear other purple boy, guess I can update it :)

10. Wonder Red
9. Saki Amamiya
8. Impa
7. King K. Rool
6. Mike Jones
5. Celica
4. Mimikyu
3. Elma
2. Captain Toad
1. Skull Kid

(also, I want none of them as Echoes. I like the Echo concept but none of them fit. Yes, that included Impa)

Last edited:

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman
Well I got: :ultsonic::ultmewtwo::ultridley: , really all I need are K. Rool and Dixie so I’ll just fill the rest in with characters I wouldn’t mind seeing but wouldn’t be disappointed if they didn’t make it in.
1. King K. Rool (Donkey Kong)
2. Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)
3. Dark Samus (Metroid)
4. Kraid (Metroid)
5. Meowth (Pokémon)
6. Decidueye (Pokémon)
7. Isaac (Golden Sun)
8. Agumon (Digimon)
9. Metal Sonic (Sonic the Hedgehog) [Echo]
10. Proto man (Megaman) [Echo]

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
1. Impa (Legend of Zelda) [Sheik Echo or Not]
2. Banjo-Kazooie (Banjo-Kazooie)
3. King K Rool (Donkey Kong)
4. Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)
5. Rayman (Rayman)
6. Chrom (Fire Emblem) [Ike Echo]
7. Ashley (WarioWare)
8. Bandanna Dee (Kirby)
9. Anna (Fire Emblem)
10. Skull Kid (Legend of Zelda)

Updated since Meowth got disconfirmed. RIP Sweet Prince :(

Last edited:

Smashiny

Smash Journeyman
Dream Picks:

1) Rayman
2) Crash Bandicoot
=====> Battle of the mascots!!

3) Simon Belmont
4) New pokemon
6) Funky Kong
7) Dry Bowser
8) Dixie Kong
9) Tails
10) Slippy Toad

Caravan of Noobs

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheCrazyPieMan
3DS FC
2621-3128-5801
Switch FC
SW-0260-3374-4829
10. Ayumi Tachibana - Famicom Detective Club
9. Kyle Hyde - Hotel Dusk - Room 215
8. Cooking Mama - Cooking Mama
7. Lyn - Fire Emblem
6. Elite Beat Agents - Elite Beat Agents
5. Takamaru - Mysterious Murasame Castle
4. Tap Trial Girl - Rhythm Heaven
3. Phoenix Wright - Ace Attorney
2. Quote - Cave Story
1. Ashley - Warioware

SEGAGameBoy

Smash Journeyman
I'm well aware that most of these have little to no chance:
10. Spyro (Spyro/Skylanders)
9. Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
8. Balloon Fighter (Balloon Fight)
7. King Boo (Luigi's Mansion)
6. Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight)
5. Blaziken (Pokemon)
4. Nightmare (Soulcalibur)
3. Hector (Fire Emblem)
2. Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)
1. Chris Redfield (Resident Evil)

Klimax

Smash Ace
1. King K Rool
2. Banjo-Kazooie
3. Geno
4. Incineroar
5. Dixie Kong
6. Rayman
7. Impa
8. Isaac
9. Simon Belmont
10. Bandana Dee

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
  1. Banjo-Kazooie: My all-time number one pick for Super Smash Bros. since the series' inception back in 1999, Banjo-Kazooie have fallen on hard times in recent years due to their acquisition by Microsoft after their parent company Rare was bought from Nintendo. Since their acquisition, the bear and bird have had a grand total of one and a half games (including a skin in Minecraft and guest starring in the Xbox version of Sonic Sega All Stars Racing), the one game of which wasn't even a proper sequel to their previous platforming outings. And that was ten YEARS ago. A decade of wallowing in obscurity for the bear and bird. This is criminal since they are Nintendo 64 ICONS. Their two games Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie are platforming masterpieces filled to the brim with collectibles, crazy and colorful characters, vibrant cartoony themed worlds, and a plethora of moves for combat and transportation. These two are practically BEGGING to be in Super Smash Bros., they have history with Nintendo, representing the N64 era which surprisingly has not had a lot of real representation in Smash despite first starting on there, the head of Xbox Phil Spencer has give his blessing several times to allow the bear and bird in Smash, Sakurai considered them for Smash in the past, Microsoft currently has nothing substantial planned for them, their entire movesets from both of their games are EASILY translatable into the world of Smash and would bring a unique set of characters to the roster, they were pretty highly requested in the Smash Ballot, and its their twentieth anniversary since their first solo outing as well as ten years since their last solo outing. Of course, they should appear as they did in the N64-era with updated graphics and come along with their own home stage, Spiral Mountain! If these two made it in, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate would truly be one of my all-time favorite games. Make the dream happen, Sakurai, Nintendo, & Microsoft!
  2. Simon Belmont (Castlevania): I love old school games getting update representation in Smash. From the now iconic Ice Climbers getting into Melee, to Pit and R.O.B. getting into Brawl, and even Little Mac and Duck Hunt making it into the newest iterations of Smash for Wii U & 3DS! It only makes sense to have another newcomer from the NES/Famicom era make it into Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. But who, you may ask? Why the slayer of vampires, who else? Simon Belmont is owned by Konami, who previously had Solid Snake as their representation in Smash and for a while it seemed iffy that they would play ball with Nintendo. But lo and behold, Snake made his triumphant return as a veteran at last and even Bomberman has come as an assist trophy! So why not Simon Belmont join as the other representative of Konami as Sega and Capcom have Sonic & Bayonetta and Mega Man & Ryu, respectively? Simon Belmont could represent the old-school horror genre of gaming in a way that we’ve yet to see in Smash, his games having hit the NES/SNES systems with a bang and having a bit of history with Nintendo. With his whip as his primary weapon, along with an array of various monster-killing weapons at his disposal, he’s ready made for Smash Bros. as is. Of course, I personally would prefer him to be an updated version of his classic NES style instead of any modern interpretation of him. And he should obviously have a stage based on the classic Castlevania games.
  3. Rayman: Everyone’s raving about the Rabbids coming into Smash, but me personally, I’d prefer the originator of those bizarre bunnies, Rayman. A unique and cartoony character with floating hands and feet, Rayman is Ubisoft’s mascot and is, like the other characters on here, primed and ready for Smash. His moveset is easily adapted for Smash, every main game of his has had some incarnation on a Nintendo console, and he would once again bring some uniqueness to Smash with his style and flair.
  4. Shovel Knight: The indie scene has made a big splash on the Switch, with tons of developers bringing their ideas and characters to the new console for people to enjoy around the world and on the go. So who better to represent this boon of new games and developers than the Excavator of Evil himself, Shovel Knight! His unique look and gameplay is exactly the breath of fresh air the series needs, he would represent a medieval style that we’ve not seen a lot of in Smash, and also having anything representing the old-school genre of platforming from the NES/Super NES days is always a win for Smash. Not to mention, we have so many swordsmen/women in this series, but no shovels?! Blasphemy!
  5. Paper Mario: With Mario having an overabundance of characters already in Smash, it seems kinda silly to add yet ANOTHER Mario to the game. But Paper Mario is clearly not just any Mario. Representing the Paper Mario series of games that started on the N64, Paper Mario’s wafer-thin aesthetic is more reminiscent of Mr. Game & Watch than Mario. Also instead of just copying Mario’s moveset in Smash, Paper Mario utilizes his hammer, jumping, badges, partners, and RPG-stylings from his games in Smash. Utilizing badges and partners from his first two games and his RPG style, such as charging his forward smash hammer like in his games would make him stand out from the crowd.
  6. Mach Rider/Excitebiker (NES/Famicom Retro Racing Rep): Another NES rep that would be super cool, either Mach Rider or Excitebiker (maybe even both as alternate skins?) would be very interesting, maybe being a Captain Falcon Echo Fighter with a Wario Bike/Bowser Jr. side-B move? I don't know, I just think retro characters are really neat especially how they've translated characters like Ice Climbers, Pit, and Little Mac so well!
  7. King K. Rool (Donkey Kong): A big hopeful for the longest time, King K. Rool is another heavyweight villain people would love to see make it into Smash. With a plethora of moves and identities from his boss battles in the Donkey Kong Country series, King K. Rool is easily one of the best heavyweight villains to bring into Smash with a style all his own alongside the likes of Bowser, Donkey Kong, Ganondorf, Ridley, and King Dedede. He could also be a great boxing counterpart to the likes of Little Mac and Spring Man/Ribbon Girl.
  8. Spring Man/Ribbon Girl (ARMS): As soon as ARMS was announced for the Switch as a new fighting IP for Nintendo featuring one red-and-blue stretchy-springy-armed boxer, I knew he had to be in Smash Bros. Personally, I feel like both Spring Man and Ribbon Girl should be a single character that you can choose either one for Smash, since they both seem to be the faces of ARMS. Their extendable reach and colorful personalities and appearances would be most welcomed in Smash and they can give the older veterans a run for their money, especially the likes of Little Mac, a fellow video game boxer.
  9. Isaac (Golden Sun): I’m pretty unfamiliar with the likes of Golden Sun, but Isaac seems like a character that deserves a chance in Smash, having already appeared once as an Assist Trophy. While its true he is another sword wielder, he apparently also utilizes an axe and has a lot of elemental Earth and magic attacks (or Psynergy, as its called in his series), which would be a welcomed change in the roster of sword fighters. Plus, I know a lot of people would enjoy having him in the roster.
  10. Crono (Chrono Trigger): With Cloud’s shocking inclusion in Smash, its a little surprising they chose him when he had never been on a Nintendo console. Crono on the other hand has most assuredly been on Nintendo consoles as the star of the much-lauded JRPG classic Chrono Trigger. Even though he’s a swordsman in a game filled to the brim with swordsman and women, I feel he could be unique enough with his magic abilities and unique DBZ-anime aesthetic without being Goku, lol.

Pizza Robo

Smash Journeyman
I'm changing my Top 10 since Ridley is in and Deoxys is out

1.Geno
2.King K.Rool
3.Orbulon(WarioWare)
4.Terry Bogard
5.Arle Nadja(Puyo Puyo)
6.Hector(Fire Emblem)
7.Isaac(Golden Sun)
8.Marx(Kirby)
9.Jibanyan
10.Mr.EAD(F-Zero)

JazzaDawg

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1178-2246-1598
Switch FC
2923 8939 4091
Some of these are stretches considering rule 3 but i think i can get away with it
10. Klanoa
9. Jack Frost (SMT)
8. Tails
7. Chibi Robo
6. Medusa (kid Icarus)
5. the prince (katamari had a ds puzzle game)
4. Beat (jet set radio had a game on the gba)
3. Nikki (swap note)
2. Shantae
1. Rhythm Heaven Character

GravelerChamp60

Smash Apprentice
Dream picks:

1. King K Rool
2. Crash Bandicoot
3. Chibi Robo
4. Decidueye
5. Banjo and Kazooie
6. Bandana Dee
7. Ashley
8. Isabelle
9. Dixie Kong
10. Isaac

Souldin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Souldin
3DS FC
4854-6557-6769
So with Ridley getting in, Ganondorf still retaining his Captain Falcon basis, the rules excluding veteran return suggestions whom all have returned anyway, and both Starfy and Tom Nook confirmed as Assist Trophies... it has honestly took me quite a while to come up with a top 10. That said, I have managed to think of one so here goes:

10) Karate Joe (Rhythm Heaven)
9) King Hippo (Punch-Out)​
8) Vince (Art Academy)​
7) Hikari & Donbe (Shin Onigashima)​
6) Balloon Fighter (Balloon Fight)​
5) Ashley (WarioWare)​
4) Bandanna Dee (Kirby)​
3) Yuri Kozukata (Project Zero)​
2) Dillon (Dillon's Rolling Western)​
1) Lip (Puzzle League)​
Honourable mentions include Black Shadow (F-Zero), Ashley (Another Code), Bubbles (Clu-Clu Land), Chibi-Robo (Chibi-Robo), King K. Rool (Donkey Kong), Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong), Tom Nook (Animal Crossing), Tingle (Legend of Zelda) and most of all, the sadly already removed Starfy (The Legendary Starfy) from my top 10. The others were in the running for my top 10, but Starfy was definitely a part of it before his confirmed assist trophy role.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
10. Ninten
9. Dark Samus
8. Hilda
7. Min Min
6. King K. Rool
5. Shantae
4. Rex and Pyra
3. Bandana Waddle Dee
2. Decidueye
1. Geno

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

10 Shadow the Hedgehog
9 egghead
8 King K. Rool
7 Steve
6 Mii Archer
5 Tails
4 Dora the Explorer hey she meets the criteria she's been in a Ds game no hate
3 Alex Steve Echo
2 Oshawott
1 Metal Sonic

Klimax

Smash Ace
Hey, is anyone interested to see the list of the most wanted newcomers and echo fighters of the French community ?

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
10. Dry Bowser - it's Bowser, but lighter after losing a few pounds
9. Kamek - another magic user, hopefully better than Zelda
8. Master Chief - I just want to see the trailer reaction
7. Dixie Kong - show DKC some more love, please
6. Simon Belmont - why not introduce a whip user
5. King K. Rool - a Mii costume is not enough
4. Banjo-Kazooie - this was my childhood game
3. Knuckles - because Mania
2. Tails - because Mania and my favorite Sonic character
1. Lip - end her suffering now. please.
I'd like to change this since the game's been shown off now.
10. Dry Bowser - I could see him having some neat animation diffrecenes, like falling to pieces when he lands after taking a strong hit.
9. Kamek - I still think Kamek would be a good magic user to have, even if Zelda looks more promising than I initially presumed she'd be.
8. Master Chief - The trailer would still be one of the most hype moments in Smash history
7. Dixie Kong - after replaying DKC2 again, I still want her to be playable just as much as ever
6. Tails - While he's still my favorite Sonic character, Knuckles being deconfirmed made me not as eager for Tails. I was really looking forward to having the whole trio playable, because I guess my excitement for Mania got the best of me. Simon's situation is pretty clear already, so there's no need to have him on this spot anymore.
5. Samurai Waddle Doo - an incredibly unlikely Kirby newcomer I want. I love the idea of a cycloptic Samurai puffball who also shoots beams from its eye
4. Dark Matter - long shot Kirby newcomer I want. Just a character I like overall who I've wanted to see playable for a while. I know at best he'd be an Assist Trophy, but I'm hoping by some stroke of luck he ends up playable.
3. Magolor - another unlikely Kirby newcomer who will be an Assist Trophy at best. He has a lot of powers I'd want to see a magic user utilize in Smash
2. King K. Rool - I've been waiting for him to make a comeback in any game.
1. Banjo-Kazooie - A major part of my childhood. I've wanted to see them in Smash for ages.

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
1. King K. Rool
2. Impa
3. Isaac
4. Dixie Kong
5. Simon Belmont
6. Ashley
7. Decidueye
8. Captain Toad
9. Ganon
10. Bandanna Dee

Already got Ridley and he was my number 2 most wanted.

Super10ZX

Smash Journeyman
My current top 10:

10. Banjo-Kazooie
9. Ashley (WarioWare)
8. Bandana Waddle Dee (Kirby)
7. Decidueye (Pokémon)
6. Ninjara (ARMS)
5. Dillion (Dillion’s Rolling Western)
4. Susie (Kirby)
3. Shovel Knight
2. King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country)
1. Fawful (Super Mario Bros.)

D

Deleted member

Time for an update.

10. Tails (I had to think of this one for a while, this is more of a placeholder for now)
9. Takamaru
8. Waluigi
7. Ridley
6. King K. Rool
5. Crash Bandicoot
4. Shovel Knight
3. Isaac
2. Bandana Dee
1. Decidueye

Honorable mentions: Knuckles, Eggman, Rayman, Phoenix Wright, Susie Haltmann, Dixie Kong.

This is likely to change in the future.
With Ridley confirmed and Waluigi and Takamaru disconfirmed, I'm going to update my list, though it's more of a top 7 than a top 10 now.

7. Rayman
6. King K. Rool
5. Crash Bandicoot
4. Isaac
3. Shovel Knight
2. Bandana Dee
1. Decidueye

dynakinesis

Smash Rookie
1. Crono- I'll take anyone from ChronoTrigger but Crono is the face of the game. He has a lot of potential for his moveset, could bring a lot of great extras to the game, and has a special place in video game history

2. The Skull Kid- he's arguably the most effective villain in gaming. He went around destroying lives and corrupting Termina while the moon slowly fell. It took a hero from an alternate universe who was blessed by the Goddess of Time to stop him. And I really want to see the moon as a Final Smash

3. Magus - doubling up on Chrono characters but it's my favorite game. Magus would have neat abilities and scythe attacks (to get some weapon variety in the game)

4. Cecil from FFIV - I like the idea of Cecil being able to transform between his Paladin and Dark Knight forms. Or you could have them as separate fighters the way Zelda and Sheik are

5. K. Rool - moar villains.

6. Simon Belmont - he is up there with Samus as far as iconic Nintendo characters go.

Last edited:

MrPowerfulJeans

Smash Cadet
Alright, let's do this. I'll start with Honorable Mentions and move to the Top 10 from there.

Honorable Mentions

5. Waluigi
Despite Waluigi being about confirmed as an Assist Trophy, I still have hopes he can get in, somehow. I kinda hope that Sakurai will pull a “lol, you thought!” thing and de-confirm Waluigi as an assist trophy and have him playable. However, that fact is the reason why he’s so low on my list. If he wasn’t, he’d probably would’ve made it in the Top 5. It’s sad because I’ve seen a mod that is a near perfect envision as to how I’d see Waluigi work. Not exactly 100%, but damn, it was close!

4. Dry Bowser
Echo Fighter. I see a few aesthetic changes from Dry Bowser to Bowser, like his flames being blue instead of red and his taunts being completely different, but I think there could be a bit more to affect how he plays, like changing his weight to something more appropriate to a skeleton. But, I didn’t put him high because, Echo Fighters, in general, don’t really appeal to me other than two on my list, but it just so happens to be that Bowser is my main, essentially.

3. Hitmonlee
Now, Hitmonlee does have some Smash history, but only in the original N64 Version. I’d really like to see him return in a similar way that Little Mac made a comeback from Brawl to Smash 4. From a simple Pokeball Pokemon to an actual fighter. He’s not too high because I have other hopes, for different Pokemon. Besides, we already have 6/9 Pokemon from Gen 1. I think other Generations deserve to shine.

2. Paper Mario
Now, I’ll be honest, the only Paper Mario game was not a traditional Paper Mario game. It was Super Paper Mario. And, while I have certainly become more accepting of Paper Mario in Smash (I mean, he’s high on the Honorable Mentions for a reason), I always thought he was an oddball because I see him stylistically very different from other fighters. I can see him work, but I have other hopes for a Mario Rep. than Paper Mario.

1. Ubisoft Rep.
Now, this is interesting. I do believe that a Ubisoft Representative will be in Smash. No doubt in my mind. However, who it’d be is a mystery to me. Is it Rayman, is it the Rabbids, or is it someone else? It’s… Up to Ubisoft, I guess, but only Rayman is one I really want, and even then, there are others I want more.

Top 10!

10. Laboman
Now, this is an interesting one, because the Nintendo Labo isn’t a video game. It’s an accessory, or a toy, or something that is used to enhance the Switch experience. And, considering that Duck Hunt was added with the inclusion of the NES Zapper in his movesets, I wouldn’t mind seeing Laboman do similar things and take what the Nintendo Labo is and create a fighter on it. Not too high because of how not too long ago the Labo released. Plus, these other characters I wanna see more.

9. Fire Emblem Rep.
I was… A bit conflicted of which to put higher. Laboman, or this. But, I decided this due to the fact that Fire Emblem is older and will have a more likely chance to have a representative. Especially since it could hype up the new game coming early 2019. I don’t really have any specifics here other than no sword users. If one franchise could use some weapon diversity for Smash, it’s Fire Emblem. Otherwise, I’m cool with whatever.

8. Funky Kong
Echo Fighter. Funky Kong has been pretty relevant, recently. At least, more than I thought he would. He certainly doesn’t have the popularity of Geno or Waluigi to get in, but considering how much easier I assume to make an Echo than a fully new character is, I think Funky Kong has a chance. He’s one of two Echo Fighters I actually want to see, and he’s definitely easy to put over Donkey Kong, considering in Tropical Freeze, Funky Mode replaced DK with FK.

7. Indie Rep.
Now, I don’t wanna get down with who can make it or what is allowed in this, but, I think it’s time for an Indie Character in Smash. With popularity of indie games like Minecraft and Undertale and more, I think they at least deserve a stage. But, since this is my hopes and dreams of my roster, let’s assume we get a character. Who do I want the most? Shovel Knight. I feel he’s one of the more unique fighter possibilities with using a shovel instead of a sword or bow. Plus, he’s a big fan favorite among indie titles.

6. Spring Man & Ribbon Girl
I… Don’t really care if one makes it over the other as long as one of them make it. My hopes are that both make it, but you never know. But, anyway, Spring Man and Ribbon Girl really scream to me creativity, in their character concept. Well, it might be that the concept of Arms is really intriguing to me, in a fighting game like Smash, and I see a lot of potential moves for it. Although I think Spring Man and Ribbon Girl are basically poster children for Arms, I’m fine with any representation of Arms, considering all the core elements for each character are similar.

5. Octolings
Echo Fighter, and the only Echo I really beg for. Octolings are basically made for this kind of stuff. Echoing the Inklings would be perfect since their core mechanics are basically identical and their only difference in play-style is aesthetics. At least, from my understanding. But I don’t think anyone would really say “Octolings deserve to be their own fighter!” Without chuckling. And considering the popularity of Splatoon in Japan, it’s one I really believe to be likely, and I’m happy because of that.

4. Captain Toad
Captain Toad, my most anticipated Mario Representative. For too long have Toads just been meat shields for Peach. And while they’ve gotten braver, they need more than that. They need someone to fight for their kind someone like Captain Toad! I really like the concept of Captain Toad’s inability to jump because of his backpack, and I’d love to see how Sakurai’s team either work around this or make the concept functional in their game! And, considering Captain Toad existed before the Inklings, I do really think he’s got a shot at Smash, and it’d get me so hyped!

3. King K. Rool
The Crocodile King, himself. Now, what can I say about K. Rool that hasn’t been said before? Well, I really do love the simple yet effective design and I think he’s got a big chance in Smash. Especially considering he’s one of the most popular picks. And we do need more legitimate characters for the Donkey Kong franchise, and I think K. Rool fits that margin, perfectly.

2. Generation 7 Pokemon Rep.
A Generation 7 Representative, to me, seems like it makes the most sense, considering the game is the newest generation in Pokemon, and Smash has always accepted recent gen Pokemon to their series since Melee with Gen 2. But what Pokemon I want is a tie between two. Those two are Decidueye and Tapu Koko. Both are very unique Pokemon in their Generation, and I do really think that both of these Pokemon are what I like to see in Smash. But I think Decidueye has a better chance due to the popularity of the Pokemon. However, seeing both would be a dream come true.

1. Blue Oak
Hear me out, how would you like to be the rival of Generation 1? How would you like to play three Pokemon of Blue Oak’s to fight in the Smash hall of fame? I certainly would. I think the three Pokemon Blue would have would have the same evolution structure as Pokemon Trainer. I don’t know which Pokemon exactly, but probably one from the games he’s appeared in. Namely, Fire Red & Leaf Green. And imagine, we’d finally have an actual Pokemon villain, instead of Mewtwo. I know Giovanni makes more sense to put, since he is actually a villain, but, come on, it’s BLUE OAK. No way I’m passing the opportunity to taunt “Smell ya later, loser!” It’s too good to pass up!

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
Pre-E3, the world was my oyster. Nearly every character seemed possible, and I could find reasons why they were plausible.

While I am ecstatic every veteran will be returning, I now need to revise my top ten. While I still have a number that are--undoubtedly--incredibly unlikely, they have since been balanced with ones who might actually have a chance:

1. Miles "Tails" Prower
  2. Shadow the hedgehog
  3. Dillon (Rolling Western)
  4. Urban Champion
  5. Simon Belmont
  6. Harry (Teleroboxer)
  7. Ryo Hazuki (Shenmue)
  8. Excite Biker
  9. John Raimi (Geist)
  10. Altered Beast

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman
10. Funky Kong (Echo)
9. Mimikyu
8. Ken Masters (Echo)
7. Crash Bandicoot
6. Shadow (Echo)
5. Geno
4. Dixie Kong
3. Dillon
2. Bandana Dee
1. King K. Rool

Decided to edit my list a bit later on.

Last edited:

Vanguard227

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vanguard227
Switch FC
SW 4222 8780 9424
Even though I highly doubt we'll be getting 10 more newcomers after Ridley and Inkling, there's always a chance for DLC.
So in no particular order:

1. Simon Belmont
2. Shovel Knight
3. Shantae
4. Banjo and Kazooie
5. King K. Rool
6. Crash Bandicoot
7. Spyro
8. Rayman
9. Decidueye
10. Spring Man

Top Bottom