• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top 10 Most Wanted Newcomers for Smash Switch!

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
1. Ridley
2. King K. Rool
3. Rabbid Mario (Yes I know it won't happen.)
4. Marx
5. Urbosa
6. Ghirahim
7. Krystal
8. Geno
9. Bomberman
10. Hyper Light Drifter (Yes I'm aware I somehow picked an even less likely character)

Hmmm.... Looking at my favorite characters for smash, I daresay there's good reason why my roster picks never seem to get in.

Kitty-chan

Happy Pyromaniac Neko
3DS FC
1203-9800-8781
1: King K. Rool
Literally the embodiment of all things sacred and necessary to life nya. Forever my #1 choice nya! He is beautiful, wise, powerful, godlike in every costume, and nyu nyo nyu love him nya!

2: Ridley
Purple space dragon of death nya! Been shunned for far too long nya, when I think of Metroid I think of Samus, Ridley, and well metroids of course nya. Too big nya? Nyot as big the knife I'll use if he's a boss nyagain nya.

3: Waluigi
Free him nya. Just free him Nintendo nya! End the nightmare nya! Why the hell are nyu holding him back in a assist trophy nya!? Why nya!? Why why why!?!

4: Rex and Pyra/Mythra
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 was very good nya! I wanya see them playable in smash nya, they'd be a great nyaddition and I would be so very pleased nya! And I would have nyanother character to satify my pyromaniac desires nya.

5: Bandanna Dee
The 4th playable Kirby character nya, and spear user nya. He is nyadorable and I just wanya squeeze him tightly nya. Please Nintendo, just shut up and do it nya.

6: Mimikyu
My favorite Gen 7 pokemon nya! It's Pikachu, but twice as cute in my opinion and would have potential for a unique ghost type moveset that isn't present in smash nya! ... I'm gonya ignore nyur shadow balls, Mewtwo nya.:nifty:

7: Daisy
Only other Mario character that I would love to see in smash besides Waluigi nya, it nyactually kinda boggles my mind she isn't nyalready playable nya. Get nyurself together Nintendo nya.

8: Krystal
Nyalong with Wolf, I just wanya see them in smash nya, nyot much to say other than that nya. She's blue fox with a staff, charming nya. :nifty:

9: Skullkid
Majora's Mask is easily my favorite Zelda game after OOT and LttP nya! It's dark, surreal, and filled depair nya! I love it nya! The moon falling would be a nice final smash too nya.:nifty:

10: Isabelle
Somehow I really want her in nya. She's nyadorable and ACNL was a great game nya. I don't think she has even a 1% chance in joining, but I can dream right nya? :nifty:

StormC

Smash Hero
1. K. Rool
2. Ridley
3. Dixie Kong
4. Decidueye
5. Ganon
6. Bandana Dee
7. Dr. Eggman
8. Zero
9. Dillon
10. Lip

Last few are pretty much just filler to be honest.
Probably doesn't matter for rankings but I'm gonna change this up a bit:

1. K. Rool
2. Ridley
3. Decidueye
4. Dixie Kong
5. Ganon
6. Bandana Dee
7. Dr. Eggman
8. Zero
9. Bomberman
10. Lip

UserKev

Smash Champion
The moment when you REALLY want your character in the game, you literally Like EVERY POST that has it included in the list.

Just had to say it.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
The moment when you REALLY want your character in the game, you literally Like EVERY POST that has it included in the list.

Just had to say it.
Ayy lmao.

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
1. Dragonborn, The Elder Scrolls V, Skyrim.
Skyrim is a highly popular game with a powerful, lasting legacy, now on the Switch. Dragon Shouts bring a unique dynamic to a Smash fighter that I believe would be welcome.

2. Amaterasu, Okami.
Similar to reasoning for Dragonborn. Popular game with a legacy, brought to Switch. Divine brush strokes have a unique potential for Smash Bros.

3. Crash Bannicoot.
Again, a game with major legacy behind it comes to Switch. This one feels very likely in my book.

4. Elma, Xenoblade Chronicles X.
It would be great to have representation from Xenoblade X, and Elma would be a worthy contender.

5. Gen VII Pokemon (probably Decidueye).
It's kind of been a thing for Smash to feature the latest mon that fits the bill. Decidueye would round out the Smash roster with a starter of all three types, with Charizard for Fire and Greninja for Water.

These are interesting, but I think they'd be unlikely from here down.

6. Midna+Wolf Link, Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess.
Several unique attack and movement options with Midna's powers. The idea is a little past it's prime by now though, and may not be relevant enough to warrant inclusion. Still would be cool.

7. Vault Boy, Fallout Franchise.
If by some freak of a chance there's Fallout represented in Smash, I don't think it would be one of the protagonists (Lone Wanderer, Currier, Sole Survivor). Instead, I think it might be the one thing that ties them all together: the fun cartoony mascot of Vault Tech himself, Vault Boy. I think Vault Boy's fun aesthetic blunts a lot of the "firearm factor" that's limited other character's before, like Snake. Getting past that, there's all sorts of potential fun to be had with Fallout's quirky arsenal. I don't think this is likely at all, since there hasn't been any Fallout on a Nintendo system, and Dragonborn or maybe Doom seems a more likely Bedthesda representive.

8. Xenoblade Cronicles 2 representation.
It would be interesting to see what ways Smash can utilize the Drivers combat style of Xenoblade 2. I kind of feel it's going to be a toss-up between a XenoX or a Xeno2 character.

9. Krystal, Star Fox.
Similar to Midna+Wolf Link, with uinique options and potential. It's an idea that's waaaaaay past it's prime though, and I'm nearly certain this ship has long sailed.

10. Ridley, Metroid.
I get it. Ridley is a major reoccurring for in Metroid. We've had this same tired old discussion ever since the old Brawl days though (I know, I was here for it). I figure if we were ever getting Ridley as a playable Smash character, it would have happened already. With that said, I won't rule it out entirely.

Fane

Smash Journeyman
10- Dillon (Dillon's Rolling Western)
His games have been doing pretty well and he's getting a third title release soon. I think it's time we promote him from Assist Trophy to playable. His moveset could be very fun and it would probably borrow a LITTLE from Sonic, but it'd mostly be entirely unique. I played a little bit of the first game but couldn't really understand it considering it's a 3D tower defense, but he deserves the recognition!

9- Rex (Xenoblade)
I do not own a Switch yet, but I enjoyed what I did play of Xenoblade Chronicles and Xenoblade X, and I'm hoping to get Xenoblade 2 sometime down the road when I get a switch. I think Rex would be a perfect addition to Smash, from what I've seen he could easily be different from Shulk in many ways, so I doubt he'd be a clone or even a semi-clone. There's also the potential for Pyra to aid him as well!

8- Chibi-Robo (Chibi-Robo)
Chibi-Robo is such a cute character and a very underrated series. I think Chibi-Robo could definitely be a good character in Smash by taking moves and such from Zip-Lash and his previous games. I really hope he can make it in as a Newcomer, all these newer titles deserve representation in Smash, I was very glad to see Xenoblade, Animal Crossing, and Pikmin get representation, and I'm very glad to see Splatoon get representation in Smash 5, so I hope we can continue to see these saplings get a little recognition.

7- Takamaru (Mysterious Murasame Castle)
Takamaru would've been a very welcome addition to the roster in Smash 4 due to him being a Samurai from the retro age, so I was saddened when he was confirmed to be an Assist trophy. He could definitely be a very fun and unique character to play, and I hope he gets promoted to being playable.

6- Marshal (Rhythm Heaven)
Apparently there were game files suggesting a RH character was meant to be in Smash 4, so I'm really hoping Sakurai doesn't just scrap it in Smash 5 and delivers with Marshal. He's super cute and like many other characters can borrow abilities and such from many aspects of his native game. Just like with Chibi-Robo, him belonging to a newer title is another reason I would love to see representation.

5- Medusa (Kid Icarus)
We only got ONE new villain reps in Smash 4. You hear that right. One, just Bowser Jr. We even LOST one due to Wolf getting cut. A lot of people were excited/disappointed with Dark Pit due to him being an outright clone of Pit with minor differences, but he's a very beloved character in the KI community as well. If they decide to cut Dark Pit, or even if they bring him back revamped, I'd still LOVE to see Medusa join the fray. She'd be an AWESOME addition to the cast.

4- Azura (Fire Emblem)
I recently just played Fire Emblem Fates, and I LOVED Azura. I think her songstress/naginata schtick could be incorporated into Smash wonderfully and would definitely set her apart from the rest of the Fire Emblem reps. Not only is she a very popular Fire Emblem character, but she's one of the main characters of Fates, I know we already have Corrin and he'll likely return, but I just want to see her get the chance that Chrom didn't in Sm4sh.

3- Skull Kid (Legend of Zelda)
Skull Kid is a pretty iconic LoZ antagonist due to his home title, Majora's Mask, being one of the most popular LoZ games ever. I was REALLY mad when he came in Smash 4 as an assist trophy. I mean, come ON, he has the makings for a perfect LoZ rep and he would be super fun to play with. I doubt he'll ever get brought back to relevancy to warrant him being added in unless he appears in future titles as the main antagonist or w/e, but I REALLY want him in.

2- Petey Piranha (Super Mario Bros.)
This may be surprising, but I LOVE Petey Piranha. He's one of my favorite Mario characters, and I would really love to see him become playable in the future. He has the perfect moveset that can be used from Sunshine with the sludge and he even has inspiration for a recovery move because the second time you battle him he flaps his leafy arms and flies. I doubt he'll make it in, but if he ever does, know that I'll be a VERY happy camper.

1- Poipole (Pokemon)
This may come as yet another shock, but I don't want Decidueye. I don't want Tapu Koko. I don't want Lycanroc. No. I want POIPOLE. The perfect representative for Gen 7 due to it being a very cute and popular Ultra Beast, as well as being a unique type for Smash's roster. It could have Poison Jab, Dragon Pulse, Venoshock, Fell Stinger, etc... And it's Final Smash could be Acidic Downpour.

I really don't want any more Third Parties unless it's Shadow or Yooka Laylee, I'm not very fond of any of them except Sonic/Megaman/Pac-Man.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
  1. Ridley (Metroid)
  2. King K.Rool (Donkey Kong)
  3. Bandana Dee (Kirby)
  4. Isabelle (Animal Crossing)
  5. Isaac (Golden Sun)
  6. Lloyd Irving (Tales of Symphonia)
  7. Decidueye (Pokémon)
  8. Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)
  9. Dark Samus (Metroid)
  10. Bomberman (Bomberman)
Inklings were on this list, but were removed due to being confirmed for the game.

I might elaborate on these in the future if I have the time.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
1. Ridley
2. Isaac
3. King K Rool
4. Hades
5. Decidueye
6. Krystal
7. Spring Man
8. Takumaru
9. Dixie Kong
10. Crash Bandicoot

Last edited:

Granite Countertop

Smash Rookie
10) Urban Champion - This would be a fun nod to Nintendo's first 2D fighting game. His moveset could include references to other classic Nintendo games.

9) 9-Volt and 18-Volt - I'll take anyone from the WarioWare series but I feel these two would make an interesting team.

8) Simon Belmont - Frankly, I'm shocked he hasn't been included yet. Castlevania had a significant presence on Nintendo systems.

7) Daisy - My second choice for a Mario rep.

6) Bandana Dee - He's the only major Kirby character who hasn't been included yet.

5) Dixie Kong - No, she wouldn't have to be a Diddy clone.

4) Funky Kong - I think Funky has more to work with than Dixie, but I'll take either one.

3) Mike Jones - Would be a great retro character that no one was expecting.

2) Sami - Advance Wars was very well-received and is definitely deserving of a rep. I think Sami would work the best.

1) Waluigi - A little cliched but I just really want him in Smash. He has more potential than many would assume. I'm sure the sports spin-offs will have some sort of representation in his moveset, but I feel like there's a lot more that can be done with him.

Honorable Mentions: Anyone considered for a previous installment and scrapped (i.e. Takamaru).

Last edited:

DeiSakuChris

Smash Apprentice
10) Cranky Kong
9) Chibi Robo
8) Wonderful 101
7) Isaac
6) Kumatora
5) Bomberman
4) Sami
3) Travis Touchdown
2) Marx
1) Ashley

Honorable mention: Rhythm Heaven rep using multiple characters of the series (Karate Joe, Space Slugger, Chorus Kids, The Wandering Samurai, Wrestler Dude and Interview Girl, Sumo Bros, Tanaka and etc..) as part of all different moves of the moveset and gameplay. Due to the lack of a proper "identity" to that rep, I decided not to include it in the list. But there's no doubts that if they were to pull off a character like that, I'd be wet as s***

Last edited:

Wegenbarth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3609-1252-6127
1) Waluigi
2) Ashley
3) King K Rool
4) Tingle
5) Kamek

6) Marx
7) Ridley
8) Professor E.Gadd
9) Rayman
10) Cranky Kong

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
1. Elma (Xenoblade Chronicles X)
She is probably my favorite character of all time.

2. Rex with Pyra and Mythra (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)
I enjoyed their relationship. I hope it's not just Pyra though...Mythra is just as important as Pyra.

Btw, this image cracks me up.

3. Joanna Dark (Perfect Dark)
Perfect Dark is one of my favorite games of all time. If the series wasn't owned by Microsoft, then Elma would be in danger of losing her number one position on my list...

4. Banjo & Kazooie
It just feels wrong that they're not in Smash...

5. King K. Rool
My brother has been rooting for him since the pre-Brawl days. I just want to beat him up. ;)

Last edited:

StrangeTamer

Smash Cadet
10. Isaac
9. Bomberman
8. Shovel Knight
7. Spring Man / Arms Rep
6. Andy
5. Ridley
4. Rhythm Heaven Rep
3. Paper Mario
2. King K. Rool
1. Ray (Any model but 01 and Mk III would be my top choices)

Honorable Mentions: Dixie Kong, Banjo Kazooie, Crash Bandicoot

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
It's in my sig, but I'll post my reasoning (the ordering's a little different, but w/e):

1. Dixie Kong - My most wanted since Brawl, especially after Diddy was added. DKC2 was a major part of my childhood, and Dixie was my favorite of the two playable Kongs. I loved how useful her helicopter spin was, and I loved her overall attitude. I remember when the Forbidden 7 were discovered, and I heard rumors about them either being added via a "Super Smash Bros. Channel" or the North American localization; I was very disappointed when it was eventually revealed that they were just cut characters (it also didn't help that Mewtwo and Roy were among my top 3 favorites in Melee). Tropical Freeze somewhat satisfied my want to play as her again, but now I want her in Smash more than ever.

2. King K. Rool - He's an iconic villain to long-time Nintendo veterans, and his Kaptain appearance remains among my all-time favorite villain designs. I would love to see him with a crazy moveset that reflects how unstable and yet intimidating he is. Also, blunderbuss. Lots and lots of blunderbuss. Give me a Kaptain alt, and I will go to town.

3. Wolf - One of my secondaries in Brawl, and my favorite of the Star Fox trio. I loved his characterization in Assault; he was an anti-hero who, despite being rivals with Fox, could put aside his differences in order to fight a bigger threat. He was easily the worst cut from Smash 4 for me.

4. Hades - KI over-representation be damned. Uprising introduced a lot of memorable and fun characters imo, and Hades was easily one of the high points for me. His banter with Pit, Palutena, and Viridi led to some of the best moments in the game; I wanted him to keep talking, even as I was taking him down. Easily the most glaring omission from Smash 4 and the Palutena's Guidance conversations was his glorious presence. Like most Uprising characters, he could easily have an interesting moveset, so I won't go into detail.

5. Krystal - One of my favorite characters in Assault, and I would love to see her with an original moveset using her staff. I could easily see her being fun to play as.

6. Mimikyu - Easily my favorite Gen VII Pokemon, and I could see a really fun moveset that represents the Ghost and Fairy types well.

7. Plague Knight - Won't happen, but he's my favorite character from the SK universe. Plague of Shadows was some of the most fun I've had in a 2D platformer besides DKC and old-school Mario, and Plague Knight could easily have an interesting moveset.

8. Pauline - I've really grown to like her since she got promoted for Odyssey. As a musician who loves playing jazz and swing, I can appreciate her new aesthetic and her status as one of the building blocks for Nintendo as a gaming company. She's got the long-time history and she could represent Odyssey as well, like Rosalina did for Galaxy.

9. Shantae - Could have an interesting moveset with her transformations, and I really liked Pirate's Curse. I think she's a cool character and would feel right at home in this game.

10. Sans - Never really played UT, but I've at least been on the internet enough to know who this guy is. I think he's got a fun personality and would be certainly unique to say the least. Plus, he'd bring Megalovania with him, so that's a plus in my book.

EDIT: Forgot Mimikyu; updated list.

Last edited:

DarkChaosGames

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ereaven
Alright, well since I'm back on these forums due to 5mash hype I'm gonna drop my own list here...

10. *REWORK* Ganondorf - Legend of Zelda (Series)
9. Captain Toad - Mario (Series)
8. Bandanna Waddle Dee - Kirby (Series)
7. Tiki - Fire Emblem: Awakening
6. Andy - Advance Wars
5. Banjo and Kazooie - Banjo-Kazooie & Banjo-Tooie
4. Rex and Pyra - Xenoblade Chronicles 2
3. Quote - Cavestory
2. Camilla - Fire Emblem: Fates
1. Bomberman - Bomberman (Series)
*Re-ordering my top 10 list to be more accurate.
Changed: Rex and Pyra to Pyra and Mythra.

*Updates to Andy, Pyra and Mythra, and Quote's descriptions.
Added: Images for all characters.

Andy - Now top 5 (+1 pt)
Camilla - Now top 10 (-1 pt)
Other changes have not affected points for the thread.

10. *REWORK* Ganondorf - Legend of Zelda (Series)
Ganondorf is the king of evil and deserves a unique move-set like other big baddies such as Bowser and King Dedede. Ganondorf only made it into Melee due to his physical likeness to Captain Falcon which gave him his nearly identical move-set. It is about time the Gerudo King was given his own moves instead of being a slower clone of a character from a racing game! I only have him this low since he isn't "new" and if he remains to have high power with slow attacks I likely won't play him even if he does get changed. But a clone character is not what the king deserves to represent him.
9. Captain Toad - Mario (Series)
For a long time the Toad people have been neglected as little more than a cute side-character. Outside of a few specific toads such as Toadsworth they have often been used to fill in the role of a generic character. Though recently we have received word of a Toad seeking adventure, Captain Toad! A lot of players have taken a fondness for him since he was introduced in Super Mario 3D World for Wii U. even getting his own game! His more adventurous style and gear can help develop ideas for a move-set appropriate to a fighting game. My only concern is that the Mario roster of characters is fairly large already and adding too many will have the roster feeling lob-sided towards the Mario series.
8. Bandanna Waddle Dee - Kirby (Series)
The Waddle Dee wearing a bandanna may have originally appeared as somewhat insignificant when it made its first appearance, however modern kirby games have kept this guy as one of the playable characters when playing multiplayer along with the others, Metaknight and King Dedede, who are already in smash. The Waddle Dee is arguably not that relevant but with their iconic appearance (The blue bandanna) they stand out to many players while wielding a unique weapon, the spear. Strong potential for a unique fighter.
7. Tiki - Fire Emblem: Awakening
Tiki is an interesting option, she is a lot more difficult to invent a move-set for but she is a lot more important to Fire Emblem, existing in multiple games throughout the series. She would represent as a manakete among other species within Fire Emblem that can completely transform into another being. The manakete were dragons and shapeshifters, offering a more diverse representation than just swords and magic that Fire Emblem is often represented as. Admittedly Corrin already is a shapeshifter so Tiki's odds, along with her difficulty in making a move-set, are rather low.
6. Camilla - Fire Emblem: Fates
Camilla stood out for numerous reasons within Fire Emblem: Fates and although we got Corrin (Who has a very interesting move-set), Camilla has her own stance on fighting. Utilizing both an axe and magic who may call upon her wyvern, The Nohrian Beauty has much potential as something that isn't just another sword-wielder. Though the question is do we really need another Fire Emblem representative? Honestly, not really, but that doesn't stop me from wanting it. I'm under the impression Lucina will likely be a Marth costume and that spot could be filled with another from the series.
Pyra and Mythra - Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Well I recently got Xenoblade Chronicles 2 for the Switch and I was far from disappointed. While there were some annoyances with managing things in your menu, the story and characters far exceeded my expectations. Furthermore, both Rex and The Aegis Pyra/Mythra have left an impression on a lot of people. Perhaps the game is "too anime" or "we don't need another xenoblade rep" (assuming Shulk returns), I feel there is a lot of potential for this duo with Pyra's Fire, Mythra's Light and various sword arts I doubt it would be difficult to come up with an interesting play-style. Transforming between both Pyra and Mythra can offer a unique play-style closer to what was originally intended for Zelda/Sheik in melee without the lengthy transformation animation. I guess it really depends on their popularity in other countries and what Sakurai ultimately decides.
28161400_10156823794625021_2542760637441658279_o.jpg
4. Banjo and Kazooie - Banjo-Kazooie & Banjo-Tooie
The nostalgic bird and bear, a favourite from a lot of people's youth solving puzzles to find and collect jiggies to stop the nasty witch Gruntilda. An instant classic. Unfortunately with Rare's re-acquisition by Microsoft the odds aren't high. Though similar to how Sakurai designed Megaman for smash bros., I have faith if Banjo got in he would keep the duo true to their original forms from the classic N64 days when they were on Nintendo consoles. From the original two games they have a ton of potential moves to use, possibly even the short hover in the air when using a double-jump before dropping like they would on the N64. There is hope even if it isn't the best, but even going this long without a true sequel the fan-base is still around. The success of Yooka-Laylee's kickstarter is largely because of people that craved that Banjo experience once again. These two may not be around much anymore, but they are far from forgotten.
Quote - Cavestory
Quote is the android protagonist of Cavestory, a well made adventure game that focuses on quick and precise combat and a story where decisions are meaningful. This game was something people still fondly remember and for good reasons, having also been featured on multiple Nintendo platforms via the e-shop. It starts off with just jumping around shooting enemies but everything from the music and presentation, to the story was really something ahead of its time. The music and pixel art really rings to me as a great representation of indie games. Though Quote has many weapons in his arsenal to use, the competition against Shovel Knight is what leaves me worrying the character will not ever be recognized in Smash. Quote's alternative costume could feature Curly, a female android of similar origin.

Music Samples:
Main Theme
To The Grasslands!
Pressure
Labyrinth Fight
Last Battle
2. Andy - Advance Wars
From the series known as Advance Wars, Andy has always appeared as the face that best represents those games being the main protagonist of the original game. Andy is a young and clever mechanic as a commander of the Orange Star faction. Wielding his trusty wrench/spanner could show some interesting and creative uses in combat. Using specials that call upon aid from various military units. His Final Smash would heal him, spawn a few units to wreak havoc and adds some defensive stats to himself to keep in line with his CO power Hyper Repair/Hyper Upgrade. The series has been rather underrated for a long time and it's time to revive this long-forgotten strategic turn-based war game.
Bomberman - Bomberman (Series)
Bomberman. What needs to be said? Bomberman has always been a classic. Blowing up your opponents while breaking walls and grabbing power-ups in silly multiplayer fun. Who could forget? Coming up with a move-set wouldn't be terribly difficult either even if everything revolves around the use of bombs. He isn't quite on level with Pacman, Mario, Sonic and Megaman for classic characters, but he is close and such an important character to gaming history! With Pacman and Megaman coming into Sm4sh, adding Bomberman to the roster seems like a logical step in that direction to have a fair number of classic icons.

EDIT: Updated image for Pyra and Mythra.

Last edited:

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
10. Zero - Megaman is pretty deserving of a second character.

9. Tails - I think Sonic should also get a second character at this point.

8. Twintelle - An ARMS character will inevitably get in. I don't really care if Spring Man is the main guy of the series... he's boring. Twintelle seems to me like the most popular of the cast.

7. Decidueye - I prefer Primarina but he's clearly the most popular starter of Gen VII. Besides, it would be nice to have a grass starter alongside Charizard and Greninja.

6. Mimikyu - As popular as Decidueye is, Mimikyu is by far the MOST popular Pokemon of Gen VII. Also, they need to quit it with only including cool-looking Pokemon like Lucario and Greninja and go back to including more of the small and cute ones.

5. Simon Belmont - The Castlevania series has a long history on Nintendo platforms so Simon Belmont should be in. Hopefully, Konami is less hot and cold these days.

4. Midna - I wanted her to be in for Smash 4 actually.

3. Ridley - I don't care if he's too big damn it!!!!

2. Lip - She would simply fit in so well with the existing cast.

1. Terra Branford - Now that Cloud is in Smash, I really think he should be accompanied by Terra. It's true that Terra isn't nearly as iconic as Cloud but with Cloud already in the game, that's no issue. Also, FFVI is one of the highest rated Nintendo games of all time and Terra has been featured in recent games like Dissidia NT and World of Final Fantasy.

Last edited:

Wailord_2

Smash Rookie
1. Decidueye
2. Captain Toad
3. Dixie Kong
4. Ridley
5. Fawful
6. K.K. Slider
7. Bomberman
8. Wolf
9. Midna
10. Shovel Knight

sman3579

Smash Cadet
Since my original post I've had a change of heart to my top 10, here is my new top 10 and why they are in my top 10:

Honorable Mention: Isaac (Golden Sun) - I only have him as an honorable mention because I've never actually played a Golden Sun game. I just think he could make for a cool and interesting character, plus I think his addition to the game can bring more attention to the series and promote the idea of a sequel. He would probably be on the list if I actually played one of the games though.

10. King K Rool (Donkey Kong Country) - He hasn't been in the spotlight, or even a game, for a while. I think Smash would be a cool way to bring his character back into the spotlight. Smash needs more villains and he is a villain, plus in the past he was an important character and arch rival of DK. I would like to see his character included.

9. Karate Joe or Chorus Kids (Rhythm Heaven) - Picking one character to represent Rhythm Heaven as a whole is tricky, but I would go with either Karate Joe or the Chorus Kids. Karate Joe is in every Rhythm Heaven game which helps, while the Chrous Kids are arguably more recognizable (if not the most recognizable). With Karate Joe they could easily make a move set for him since his thing is karate, with the Chorus Kids it could be more sound based attacks and or triple team based moves but overall a more unique move set. I just like the idea of one of them being in Smash and think either one would be a great "WTF" character.

8. Urban Champion (Urban Champion) - I think it's only fitting that the character from the first 2D Nintendo fighting game makes it into Smash. In the game he only really has two attacks, heavy punch and light punch, but it wouldn't be too hard to make a move set for him. It would be similar to how Little Mac only had a few actual punches in his game but they gave him a full move set. As Nintedno's first 2D fighter I think Urban Champion would be a cool addition.

7. Decidueye (Pokemon) - As the new Pokemon rep for this Smash. First off Smash needs a grass starter assuming they keep Greninja (water starter) and Charizard (fire starter) and Decidueye is perfect. A grass/ghost archer owl, it would be epic. Having him "fly" around the stage and snipe people with arrows. I can imagine him having a cool move set, and I think he is probably the best Pokemon to add to represent the newest wave of Pokemon.

6. Excite Biker (Excite Bike) - Another retro rep I would like to see. What is more badass than I fighter that legit only fights on a bike and with a bike. It would be epic and extremely unique thats for sure. It may be hard to make some of the animations of mechanics work with a character like that, but if they can get it to work then I would really like to see the Biker.

5. Andy (Advance Wars) - Advance Wars needs a rep, and Andy is probably the most recognizable character from the series. It would be cool to see him use units for his specials to attack his opponents, and his special in the game involved healing (the units) so it would be cool to see that incorporated somehow. If they did his character right he could have a very unique and fun move set. Spawning little tanks and helicopters and ground units. It would be awesome.

4. Balloon Fighter (Balloon Fight) - He would be a great retro rep, and if done right he could have a really unique play style. When he has 2 balloons he is extremely lightweight and floaty and gets 6 jumps which helps for air combos, but leaves him extremely susceptible to knock back. With 1 balloon he could be lightweight and floaty but to a lesser extent with 5 jumps which lowers air combo potential but makes him less susceptible to knock back. Lastly with 0 balloons he could be a mid-weight with just 2 jumps pretty much getting rid of air combo potential but also helps with not getting knock backed nearly as far. Obviously there would be a special that let's him manage how many balloons he has on him. It would just be a really unique characters, plus Balloon Fight is a classic and was a game Satoru Iwata programmed and it would be a nice way to honor him.

3. Spring Man / Ribbon Girl {alt skins, 4 each} (Arms) - This one is pretty simple to explain. One of nintendo's newest series (if not their newest), they are from a fighting game, and the game has been pretty successful and has good sales (sold over 1.5 million so far). It all but screams "put in a character from Arms." Successful new IP with characters that would fit Smash. I went with Spring Man and Ribbon Girl as they are sort of the "standard" picks, although other characters might be more fan favorite-ish (Twintelle). But I think Man and Girl sharing a slot with 4 skins each works well.

2. Rex + Pyra (Xenoblade) - Xenoblade 2 was met with both good reviews (80+ average score) and sales (currently above a million). Nintendo already has shown they are behind adding Xenoblade characters in Smash (Shulk), so it just makes sense for Rex + Pyra to make it. They shouldn't be a Shulk clone (unless they are lazy making the character) as they could really make Rex + Pyra unique. All of Rex's standard attacks could just be him, while specials, throws, the final smash, and the grab could incorporate Pyra. Also I loved Xenoblade 2 so I would really like to see their inclusion.

1. Mona (WarioWare) - Yes, I admit full bias here. WarioWare, in my opinion, deserves another rep. The series is successful and most of the games received great reviews. The cast of characters is colorful, and Mona has been in every WarioWare as either the 1st or 2nd character you play the microgames of (not counting Wario's introduction games). She could use some of the microgames in her move set, or she could even use some of her "odd jobs" in them as well. I would love to see her character added.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

10. Rayman
9. Takamaru
8. Waluigi
7. King K. Rool
6. Shovel Knight
5. Phoenix Wright
4. Crash Bandicoot
3. Bandana Waddle Dee
2. Decidueye
1. Isaac

Honorable mentions: Rhythm Heaven character, Dr. Eggman, Marx, Dixie Kong
I think it might be time to update my list.
  1. Decidueye
  2. Isaac (He and Decidueye are interchangeable really)
  3. Bandana Dee
  4. Crash Bandicoot
  5. King K. Rool
  6. Shovel Knight
  7. Ridley
  8. Phoenix Wright
  9. Waluigi
  10. Takamaru
Honorable mentions go to Rayman and about 10 Kirby characters.

Last edited by a moderator:

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
When Waluigi and Bandana Dee are in the top 4 most demanded characters... you know Sakurai has been treating us well with characters.
I remember back in my day when we had to beg for the likes of Diddy, Sonic, Megaman and Rosalina.

I'm usually obsessed with which characters will be included. But now I already feel satisfied. I just want Ganondorf to get an authentic moveset. Also loosely interested to see new Nintendo characters like the Inklings and Spring Boxers.\

1) Authentic Ganondorf
2) Spring Man / Ribbon girl
3) Decidueye
4) Ridley
5) Snake
6) Balloon fighter
7) Rex + Pyra
8) Toad
9) Tails
10) Dixie

Last edited:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
This is a really cool way to form a top 10 list for the forum! Here are mine.

1. Ridley - Supporter since Brawl.

2. ‎Twintelle - See icon. Pipe dream but anything's possible with Sakurai.

3. ‎Mimikyu - My top three are the ones I'd die to see.
Mimikyu is also in my top 3 favorite Pokemon so yeah.

4. ‎Marx - Huge supporter after playing him in Star Allies. Don't think he's as likely as Bandana though.

5. ‎Tetra - Ever since Toon Sheik files were found in Brawl :(. Also Zelda hasn't had a true newcomer since Melee and Wind Waker is my favorite Zelda.

6. ‎Claus / Masked Man - If Mother were to get a new character it should be this badass. Also I hope he is officially called Claus and not 'Masked Man'. They didn't try to save people from spoilers with Sheik or Lucina...

7. Travis Touchdown - Only third party character I want. There's also an interesting history of Suda 51 requesting him so we'll see.

8. ‎Chibi Robo - Cute guy.

9. Spring Man - I just really want an Arms rep.

10. Decideueye - Second most wanted Pokemon. Both are ghost types so that's good with me.

Excited to see updated results!

Last edited:

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
10. Ashley (WarioWare)
9. Helix (ARMS)
8. Gardevoir (Pokemon)

7. Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight)
6. Bandana Waddle Dee (Kirby)
5. Marx (Kirby)
4. Laharl (Disgaea)

3. King K. Rool (Donkey Kong)
2. Meowth (Pokemon)
1. Crash Bandicoot (Crash Bandicoot)

Last edited:

CrowGoesCaw

Smash Journeyman
Okay... Why are so many people posting their lists with the #1 item at the top? It's so hard to read them that way!
I'm guessing it's because people think first who they want the most and start their list with them. Then so on down the list. By the time they're done, it's a pain to swap around.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
10# Mach Rider
9# Chibi Robo
8# Ray Mk3 - Custom Robo
7# Issac/Mattthew - Golden Sun
6# Tibby - Rhythm Heaven
5# King K Rool - Donkey Kong
4# Mimikyu - Pokemon
3# Takamaru - Murasame Castle
2# Ridley - Metroid
1# Savvy Stylist - Style Savvy

Last edited:

BlazGreen

Smash Journeyman
Most of my choices are in my sig but I'll use this opportunity to give my reasoning for them.

1. Masked Man
My most wanted newcomer since Brawl's pre release but sadly the least likely. I love his design, the role he plays in Mother 3 and the amount of moveset potential he has with his weapons and PSI powers.

2. Fiora

I like her for almost the exact same reasons as I like the Masked Man. I love her role in Xenoblade's story, I like her design and she has so many moves to choose from that making a moveset for her would be very easy. She faces too much competition from other characters in the series to have much of a chance but hey, it's a wish list for a reason.

3. Marx/Magolor
I'd be happy with either of these Kirby villains making the cut. Marx is incredibly fun in Star Allies and he has a very expansive moveset that can be drawn from as well as being very popular. Magolor hasn't been playable yet but I think they can be creative with him too. I'd be happy if either of these two made it in.

4. Dr. Eggman
Assuming he's in Smash 5, Sonic would have been in 3 Smash games so I think it's time his series deserves another rep. Eggman is a classic and one of the most recognizable villains in gaming and after Bowser Jr's introduction, I'm confident the devs can create a full on mech moveset.

5. Crash Bandicoot
I was a massive Crash fan as a kid and him appearing in Smash would be a dream come true. The N.sane Trilogy doing well and the fact that it's coming to the Switch gives me hope that he has a chance.

6. Rayman
Similar to Crash, I was a big Rayman fan during my childhood and I was gutted that he was only a trophy last time. Given how Ubisoft and Nintendo are now on good terms I feel like this is the best chance he'll get.

7. Skull Kid
Probably my favourite Zelda villain even though he was only a major antagonist once. Hyrule Warriors has kept my hopes alive of him being upgraded from an Assist Trophy but I still think his chances are slim.

8. Rex & Pyra
These two as a duo would be great newcomers due to the unique interactions of Drivers and Blades in battles. I'm quite confident that they'll show up at some point.

9. Decidueye
My favourite Gen 7 starter and we'd finally have a fully evolved grass starter in Smash.

10. K. Rool
I'll be honest, I've never played a game with K. Rool in it and I barely knew anything about the character until recently. Despite this I still want him in the game for two reasons. The first is that I feel the DK series has been poorly represented and has been shafted for too long and second, we need more villains dammit!

Honorable mentions
Banjo & Kazooie
Geno
Twintelle
Balloon Fighter
Bomberman
Captain Syrup

Last edited:

JV_Nerdson

Smash Cadet
10.Shadow- I couldn't see 2 sonic characters making it into the game though if Tails failed to make it in I'd be more than happy for Shadow to appear so long as they make him unique enough to not be an exact clone of Sonic (possibly a semi-clone though preferably an entirely unique character if possible.

9.Rundas- In terms of adding new Metroid characters I find him one of the more interesting and likeable characters introduced and I think they could do quite a bit with his ice based abilities.

8. Geno- A character who been gone 20 years too long. He had a load of great moves in the series and was quite an endearing character throughout Mario RPG. From the sounds of things he's been highly requested and it would be great to see him return.

7. Solid Snake- Whilst I'm unsure of his chances of making it in, he was easily one of my favourites from Brawl and increased my interest in trying out the metal gear series.

6.Captain Toad- Despite the overabundance of Mario characters Toad always seem to play different from any other character whether from Mario 2 or from Treasure Tracker. It would be really interesting to see if they could somehow incorporate him without jumping like in TT.

5.Primarina - I suppose I'm quite biased towards water Pokemon but I find this one really cute and could act as a replacement for Squirtle should he not make it into the next game. If Decidueye made it into the game as well then all 3 main Pokemon types could be included each acting as their own unique fighter.

4.Rayman- Been playing through the original game and think of all the 3rd part characters he would be my most wanted. His lack of limbs would allow him to attach from afar and allow him great recovery too. His numerous abilities gained throughout the games would give him a potentially large pool of moves to choose from especially if custom moves return.

3.Tails- Given the sonic series' popularity I'm surprised they didn't add more characters from the series. I feel Tails could work more like a support character, somehow making use of his mechanical abilities in order to deal damage rather than being an entirely offensive character.

2.Chrom- When Awakening came out, it was easily one of my favourite games at the time and I was really hoping he would make it into Smash 4. I suppose at this point, adding another Fire Emblem character may be a bit much but I'd be more than happy for him to act as a palette swap for Marth/Lucina.

1.Krystal- Would add a unique Star Fox character to the series focusing on melee and telepathy rather than using blasters like the other Star Fox characters. Her staff abilities such as fire/ice and earthquake and staff combo attacks, as well as potentially incorporating her telepathic abilities into guard/dodge moves or even her final smash would be something not really seen in the series before. I suppose seeing her make an appearance after being absent so long (aside from the support conversations from the Star Fox series) adds extra incentive for me wishing for her to make a long needed appearance.

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Here’s my top 10:
10. Rex and Pyra (Xenoblade)
9. Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo)
8. Anna (Fire Emblem)
7. Crash Bandicoot
6. Bandana Waddle Dee (Kirby)
5. Ashley (WaroWare)
4. Tails (Sonic)
3. Shantae
2. Shovel Knight
1. Captain Toad (Mario)

Honorable Mentions: Waluigi, Dixie Kong, King K. Rool, Impa, Midna, Ridley, Decidueye, Tora & Poppi, Bomberman, Rayman

volbound1700

Smash Master
1. Rayman
2. King K. Rool
3. Captain Toad
4. Crash Bandicoot
5. Miles Tales Prowers
6. Arms Character (Don't care who)
7. Prince Fluff (Kirby's Epic Yarn)
8. Banjo-Kazooie
9. Skull Kid
10. Bomberman

This was a hard list to make without including 3rd party characters and it is still flooded with them. There isn't much left in the Nintendo basket that I really want who hasn't already been in Smash.

I do want Wolf and Ice Climbers back. I would be happy if we just got the full Wii U roster plus Wolf, Ice Climbers, and a couple of newcomers.

D

Deleted member

Meh, i'll budge.

NUMBER 10:

Bomberman (from Bomberman)
Third Parties are quite the tricky subject in Smash, and whatever of these guests you support depends on what criteria you think fit best.

I feel that they should be recognizable longrunners that have a long history with Nintendo and must have some notoriety in the gaming world (this is what i believe, not the criteria Sakurai exactly uses) and Bomberman is for me the most ideal third party in Smash, he fits right alongside Pac-Man, Mega Man, Sonic and Mario, his moveset would obviously be Bomb-based, and he has recently become relevant again thanks to Super Bomberman R.

Seriously, if it wasn't because of the whole Konami dilemma, he would be the most likely Third Party for this game.

NUMBER 9:

Bandanna Dee (from Kirby)

The Kirby series has quite the colorful cast of characters that would be pretty interesing in Smash, and Star Allies's Dream Friends updates further enforced this idea. However none of them are prominent or recurring enough to really be given a big priority, except for one.

Bandanna Dee is at this point, the fourth member of Kirby's gang and it seems to be staying this way, from beign one of the main 4 playable characters, to appereaing in all sorts of merchandise, and for appereaing in every Kibry game ever since Super Star Ultra (altough he also appeared in the original SNES release). His moveset really writes itself, since the Kirby series (specifically the abilitiy system introduced in Super Star that was upgraded from Kirby's Adventure) was the inspiration for the combat system in Super Smash Bros. You would need to have poor imagination in order to not see the potential moveset this guy could have.

You may say that he is too simplistic and......yea, that's exactly why i want him. After having so many "unique" characters that tried way to hard to be interesing (from Palutena that ended up beign a sluggish dissapointment and Rosalina who for some reason was turned into a Stand user, and i hate it when they give characters made up **** that doesn't fit with their portrayal in their series) he's so basic and that makes him more appealing to me. You would have to go out of your way to make me not enjoy playing as him.

NUMBER 8:

Ridley (from Metroid)

While there are a lot of Nintendo characters i like to see in Smash, there are only a few that i truly think are big all-stars, and Ridley is one of them. Metroid is a longrunning and iconic franchise that are honetsly decently represented, and it's honestly missing Samus's main archrival, Ridley. He's the only recurring character in the Metroid franchise outside of Samus herself that truly feels like an important member of the minimal cast.

I don't want him just to fill some representation quota ("MUH REPS", "MUH VILLAINS" etc), but because the character has merit. Don't get me wrong, playing as the villain is a cool idea, and i wouldn't be against a new character with a unique moveset, but that character must actually be important and special instead of beign there just to represent something that really isn't necessary.

Oh, and before you say "Big" or "untrue to the character", watch this.

NUMBER 7:

Ganon (from The Legend of Zelda)

We haven't gotten a Zelda Newcomer since Brawl, and if you believe that Toon Link is an evolution of Young Link, then that means we haven't gotten a Zelda newcomer with a moveset made from the ground up since Melee, which was released 17 years ago. Honestly the reason is that like Kirby, the Zelda series has a lot of interesing characters, but none of them have been recurring or really that important outside of maybe Impa and Tingle. However, i have no attachment or interest in Impa as a character (this is a most wanted countdown after all) and im not fond of Tingle in the slightlest (even though he has his own spin-off series somehow) But i have a lot of respect for the King of Darkness, Ganondorf. The fact that he was added as a clone of Captain Falcon for me was an insult, and he should have waited until Brawl to add him in if Sakurai really dind't have time to give the Geurdo King a proper moveset.

Unfortunately however, since Sakurai doesn't seem to be keen in giving Ganondorf an overhaul to be more faithful to his home series, then i would gladly take this idea. He would use the abilities Ganon actually DOES use in his home series, like summoning bats as projectiles, teleportation, summon lighting strikes, and use his spear against his opponents.

You may say that i only want this character because of my dissaproval of Ganondorf's portayal in Smash due to him going around punching and kicking people instead of using his magic or weapons (wheter be a sword or trident) and beign a clone of a character from a comletely unrelated series whose main character's moveset was enteriely made up.

Yeah, so what? I want to play as a character that not only i have an attachment to or is important, but also one that is faithful to his source meterial, and Ganondorf fails to do the third thing miserably. Ganondorf in Melee was a mistake.

and yeah, if Ganondorf got an overhaul, he will be lower on this list, but i still like the idea of playing as a feral beast that uses a trident and magic and is the main villain of the Classic Zelda games pre-OOT (and since his body does not resemble any of the playable characters in Smash, this means Sakurai can not pull the same thing he did back in Melee, so no Pig Ganon Clone)

NUMBER 6:

Dixie Kong (from Donkey Kong Country)

There's always this recurrent "we need more gurlz" shtick that Smash fans tend to do and..........i'll be honest, i never understood why. I always believed a character should get in Smash because of their merit in their series and qualities they could bring to the battlefield, not beause to fill some gender quota (the same problem i have with stuff like character "reps" or villains). There's also the fact that i never found appeal on most of these female characters for Smash or saw them as not that interesing, either because they had uninteresing playstyles (Samus) lack of attachment or outright dislike of the character (Bayonetta) or both (Lucina).

But Dixie, now THIS is a female character in Smash i can get behind. I don't care too much about how many characters a series has as long as the charactes that are there are the important ones. If DKC dind't have more characters that were important outside of Donkey and Diddy, you wouldn't see me requesting characters like Dixie, who is basically almost as important as Donkey and Diddy. She debuted in DKC 2 as Diddy's parthner that could glide with her Hair by using it as an helicopter. She went on to star in her own game Donkey Kong Country 3, and managed to appear in a decent amout of DK-related games after the Rare buyout, and then she returned to the DKC games with Tropical Freeze after he absence in Returns, so she's back in business now.

She has everything a Nintendo character needs to be considered for Smash: Heavily requested, moveset potential, and is an important and recurring character in the franchise. Out of all the characters that did not make into Smash 4, she is the most insulting and blatant omission in the roster.

Hopefully this will change in the new game. If we really "need" more females for some reason, then give me the one that i truly care about.

NUMBER 5:

Balloon Fighter (from Balloon Fight)

Sakurai loves to bring back old Nintendo character to Smash, and Balloon Fight is the definition of Classic. Even though the series has been dormant for years, it has been referenced multiple times in games like Warioware and Nintendo Land, and it's clear it has place in the heart of Nintendo and many players from the NES days, so why not bring the 8-bit Ballon hero to the world of Smash as a playable fighter? There are not a lot of Nintendo characters that are well known or fondly remembred as him (which is saying something for a character from a 30 year old game).

I know Sakurai said the whole "would be useless witouth his Balloon" shtick, which i find hypocritical when he goes and adds Olimar in Brawl, who is defenseless witouth his Pikmin (punching bulborbs will not get your far) so that argument does not hold water for me. He could be the antithesis of Little Mac, great in the air and terribad on the ground, taking a page from Alice from Ballon Kid (the Game Boy sequel to Balloon Fight) and he could have the ablitiy to detach himself from his Balloons and pump some new ones whenever he needed them by using his Down Special, and depending on how many Balloons he has, his air speed, floatiness and number of jumps would be affected, and he would use Kicks in contrast to Mac's punches.

If it wasn't by Villager's stupid recovery move, i would see him as the most likely "retro" character in Smash, since Balloon Fight is one of the most remembered NES games alongside Duck Hunt.

NUMBER 4:

Isaac (from Golden Sun)

I love the Golden Sun series, ever since i played the original game, i knew it was something special, and out of all the franchises that have never gotten a playable character in Smash, this one is the one that hurts me the most. Isaac is for the most glaring omission in Brawl's roster, and i feel he had the best chances back then, but as time went on, the Golden Sun series became forgotten by Nintendo because Camelot would rather do Mario Sports spin-off after spin-off, and the wait became unbereable. It really is a shame, because this is one of my favorite Nintendo franchises, and i would give a lot in order for it to return to its former glory by making a new game for the Switch, because the chances of Isaac would skyrocket too.

Isaac could use the Venus Psyenergy, which is basically Ground Magic, which includes Earthquakes, Plant Grow, thorns and rock attacks, which would make him stand out from the cast since we don't have characters that have or use said abilities (most magic users stick to the traditional fire and electricity) and that is a niche archetype Isaac could fill.

Please come back Isaac, and please come back Golden Sun.

NUMBER 3:

King K. Rool (from Donkey Kong Country)

Oh, K.Rool, what hasn't been said about you already? The DKC series hasn't been given too much fokus in the Smash series (all stages in the franchise are the basik "Jungle" stages, no Assist Trophies, barely any musik variety despite the series beign beloved for its sountrack) and the easiest way to fix this by turning K.Rool, the heavily prominent and main antagonist of the DK franchise, into a playable kharakter in Smash.

Like Dixie, he has everything you need to look for a Nintendo newkomer: Popularity? Check (K.Rool was one of the most talked kharakters back during the Smash 4 Ballot days), moveset potential? Check (a blunderbuss that allows him to shoot Kannonballs and gas that paralizes opponents, an helikopter pack for recovery, boxing gloves for Klose Kombat, and he is ridikously fast despite his weight, which makes him stand out from the other heavyweights) Relevance?..................actually that's pretty much the reason he was likely not inkluded (still doesn't explain Dixie exklusion though) since for some reason, he does not appear in Retro's DKC games (and that did not happen without backlash from the fans).

Neverthless he got a Mii DLC Kostume in Smash 4, which while at first seemed like an insult to some, it really was a blessing in disguse, because it showkases that they know about his popularity, and it's pretty likely K.Rool had a pretty good placement in the Ballot, since he is not only demanded to be in Smash (from Japan to America to everywhere else in the world) but people really want him back in the DKC series as the main bad guy with his Kremling Krew, because quite frankly, the Tikis are boring as hell and the Snowmads, while better than the Tikis, feel like Kremling expies with a Viking motif.

If Sakurai really wanted to please the fans instead of relying on this flavor of the month mentality, we will see the Krock back in aktion. If not, then i just want him back in the DKC series.

NUMBER 2:

Waluigi (from Mario)

It's hard to describe why i want Waluigi. To many, Waluigi is a meme in the same way Knuckles has become one, to others he's nothing but an obnoxious filler character, and to others he's just kinda there.

I see him as the shadow of the Luigi, in other words, the Shadow of the Shadow, and his personality makes him one of my favorite Mario characters, with his crazy schemes and silly behaviour, such as him dancing everytime he celebrates, to telling an entire audience of a Football Stadium to suck his Biggoron Sword.

I'll be honest, i want Waluigi in Smash because i love playing as him everytime he's playable, he's just such a zany character, it's no wonder he's a living meme, because he simply is the definition of hilarious. There's also his underdog factor, which has been embraced by Nintendo themselves. You see, Waluigi's mean spirited behaviour comes from him beign such a sore loser and for better or worse, always getting the short end of the stick, which is actually pretty relatable to some, and it only makes you want a character to succeed much more, and you end up getting attached to him. That's why i want Waluigi, he's simply one of my favorite Nintendo characters from one of my favorite Nintendo franchises due to his wacky personality that makes him stand out from other Nintendo characters, and the only thing he's missing it's an appereance in the mainline Mario games or even better, his own video game series.

As for moveset ideas, he's a known dancer that could use his dance moves as attacks (we have Yogas poses as attacks, why not go the dancer route?) he could use his Tennis Racquet to reflect projectiles (not as a specific move like Fox's reflector or Mario's cape, but rather have his normal/smash attacks have him use a racquet with a reflect sweet spot) and he has the recurrent ability of swimming through the air and has very strong legs (he defeted Bowser in Mario Party 3 with a kick and his AT in SSB can stomp enemies with ease) so he has enough moveset ideas to give him a moveset.

Bring on the WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!

NUMBER 1:

Simon Belmont (from Castlevania)

I'll be honest, most of these choices could swap places and there wouldn't be too much of a difference, but when i was making this top 10, Simon Belmont was already number 1, and i wouldn't have it any other way.

I love the Castlevania series, from it's humble begginings on the NES to the more animesque Metroidvanias on the DS, it's a franchise rich of lore, gameplay and music, with a very interesing cast of characters from the bishonen dark prince Alucard to the underapreciated agile pirate Grant Danasty to the adorable Maria Renard, but none of them are as important as Simon Belmont, the most renowed of Vampire Hunters, the most well known member of the Belmont Clan and one of Konami's most prominent mascots, appearing as the main Castlevania representative. Castlevania is a series that is prominent in gaming, is heavily remembered by fans of retro-gaming and most gamers that lived in the late 80's to late 90's.

His moveset is so damn easy to figure out, and the fact that he comes from a series of side-scrollers makes him much easier to implement in Smash's Platfrom Fighter gameplay. He could be a slow and heavy but powerful character that instead of relying on close ranged melee attacks, he instead will use the long-ranged weapon, the "Vampire Killer" which can be used diagonally (diagonal aerials and Smash-attacks everyone?) and can be engulfed in flames and even shoot fireballs. There's also his repertoire that includes daggers, cross-shaped Boomerangs, Holy Water that burn the enemies in place and sometimes travel a certain distance, axes he can throw in an arc, a time watch that allows him to slow or even outright stop time, etc.

The reason as to why i want is also the reason why i want Waluigi: Attachment to the character (and also the franchise).

Originally i just saw him as better "Konami Rep" than Snake, but as i grew older, i realized that was a stupid reason to desire a character (especially a guest character) and i also realized Snake was not that unfitting.

I grew a bigger connection to the Castlevania from my late Childhood-puberty years, and i loved almost every game that i played in the series, but none as much as Super Castlevania 4. I loved that game so much, i bought the SNES Classic specifically for that, alongside Kirby Super Star, A Link to the Past, Super Punch Out, DKC and Super Mario RPG.

Third Parties are at the end of the day, Guest characters. For me, adding any Third Party willy-nilly will damage the appeal and make it not as enjoyable. For me, a Guest has to be important, renowed and special, an icon of an era or the face of a longrunner series. I know that Simon is not on the same level as Sonic or Pac-Man, but for me, and many others, but Castlevania is important, The series has sold 20 Million Copies, and while that is not so big compared to the sales of other franchises (like Dragon Quest or Kingdom Hearts or even Imagine for some ****ing reason) it's nothing to scoff at either. Not only that, for me, Simon Belmont is practically a Nintendo Character that unfortunately does not belong to Nintendo,, his game was released in the same year as important Nintendo franchises like Zelda and Metroid, and the series has been heavily assosiated with the Nintendo Consoles of old. He may not be as iconic as say Cloud, but he is to Castlevania to what Cloud is to Final Fantasy, the most renowed protagonist of the series that is capable of representing the franchise on his own completely.

I know my arguments may seem fallocious (and they probable are) and that Simon Belmont is not that requested, and i know that. I know the reality of the situation, im not expecting him to be in the game, and i feel that we will be lucky if we even get Snake back.

Simon Belmont in Smash is not a prediction, is not a guess, hell it's barely a request because i know it would be asking for the moon. Simon Belmont in Smash is a dream, a dream that will always be in head and in my heart.

.........i just hope the Netflix series doesn't **** up his portrayal (looking at you Judgement)

Honorable Mentions go to:
-Gooey (from Kirby): I made a thread for this little guy, and to be frank, i actually prefer him over Bandanna Dee in his home series. I dind't enjoyed Kirby's Dream Land 3 that much (the copy abilities, bosses/sub bosses and overall design of the game are why) but one thing i liked was Gooey, the derpy blob that went from a healing item to Player 2's character. I always liked the design and saw him as the perfect companion to Kirby, like Luigi to Mario or Tails to Sonic. If he was a mainstay in the series, he would have been on this countdown.

-Takamaru (from The Mysterous Murasame Castle): A Samurai-like character would be really cool in Smash. Im not that bothered by the character using a sword, since in know it's only a tool, and the real star of the show is the fighting style and abilities the character uses with those tools that make them special. Let's hope that his AT was enough world-wide exposure to make Sakurai reconsider his stance on the character.

-Mike Jones (from Startropics): Look, i love old school Nintendo characters, even though im a 2000's kid. I love the idea of bringing back old-school character back from the graveyard like with Ice Climbers or Pit, and Mike Jones is one of those characters i want to see back in action.

Consider them top 11, 12, 13 respectively.

Last edited by a moderator:

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
I'm currently making this list for a video I plan to make anyway, so here we go!

10. Krystal
I have no personal connection to this franchise and character, however her move set is too alluring for me to pass up.
Female representation? Check. New and unique addition? Check. She's also the only character I voted for in the ballot (I wasn't thinking properly back then I guess haha).

9. Professor Layton
I absolutely adore mystery games and Layton is one of the best series. He could use his fencing background along with some of his more memorable inventions like a slot machine gun.

8. Midna
The sass is real! I love Midna's characterization and she's the one Zelda character I find that withstands the test of time for me. I also am very allured by her possible move set whether she be in her Twili form or her imp form.

7. Joker (Persona 5)
I'm gonna be frank: I usually dislike turn based RPGs. Persona 5 changed my outlook on them. This is my long shot pick, but Joker will be on the 3DS when Persona Q2 comes out (whenever that may be, all they've done is announce it). One thing I did find funny though is that the VA for Joker in English is the same as the announcer for Sm4sh.

6. Waluigi
This guy is such a staple in my childhood since I love the Mario spinoff games that I can't snub him from this list. I would love to see those games be his ticket in to Smash to wreak some mischief. Bonus points if they give him a crotch chop in some regard.

5. Karate Joe
I know people want the Chorus Kids or Marshall, but Karate Joe is not only a fighter but has been in every Rhythm Heaven game. I love this series and would love to see him in as a mesh of a bunch of different mini games from the series. Also I wanna meteor smash some fools to Munchy Monk in the background.

4. Paper Mario
This series holds a lot of fond memories for me as well. I beat Super Paper Mario in 8 hours one weekend and I still remember it like it was yesterday. I would love to see his partners and Pixls be incorporated into his moves along with the badge system from the first two games. Please don't base it around Sticker Star or Color Splash. I'd like to see him to summon Dimentio for his final smash, which would flip everyone nearby into another dimension, lock them in a box with a snap of his fingers, and blow them up.

3. Marx
Man this guy is great. He is the original backstabbing Kirby villain, and his creepiness would be a welcome addition to the roster. Kirby Super Star Ultra was one of my most played games as a kid, and nothing felt better than when I finally beat Marx Soul. He recently appeared in Star Allies, and lucky for us it really spelled out what his move set could be. His final smash could be his black hole move where he sucks anyone nearby in and they take a ton of damage before getting launched.Smash needs more villains, and Marx is a perfect iconic possibility.

2. Phoenix Wright
Remember how I said I love mystery games? Well this guy is the face of the best series. He has 11 games including a crossover with Professor Layton, and has been a staple of Nintendo handhelds for 17 years. He is a 3rd party from Capcom and is therefore a long shot since they already have 2 reps, but I put Phoenix on par with Mega Man and Ryu when talking about iconicness. He would be a little difficult to create a move set for, even with his history in Marvel vs Capcom, but he's such a deserving member of Nintendo and video game history that he needs to be in Smash.

1. Shantae
I am so enamored by this series. It's such a fun and quirky platformer that even though I know it's not perfect, I can't stop myself from coming back to it. The love that the developers have for this character is something that I can feel through every new iteration she gets, and her transformations create new and exciting ways to play every level. She's been around since 2002, and the first three of her four games started off as Nintendo exclusives. As an indie she would make history as the first ever indie to make it into Smash, and that would be a dream come true for indie devs everywhere that aspire to make it into one of the greatest series of all time. Her transformations and hair whipping style would definitely make her unique among the current cast, and her amazing music would be a pleasure to fight to. There's no character I want more than Shantae, and I would be infinitely happy if she were added.

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
I know my list has several no hopers, but I had trouble coming up with Nintendo characters that have already been in SSB and ones that I really wanted to play as, and I didn't want to copy everyone else's lists.

10: Sub Zero
9:Mai Shurunai-King of Fighters
8: 2B- Nier Automata
7:Medusa-Kid Icarus
6:Ultimecia-Final Fantasy VIII
5:Spring Man/Ribbon Girl-ARMS
4:Lara Croft
3:Fulgore-Killer Instinct
2:Sigma
1:Impa
Honorable Mentions; K Rool, Tetra, Morrigan Aensland, Phoenix Wright, Ann Takimaki (Persona 5), Monster Hunter, Junkrat or Zarya (Overwatch), Liara Tsoni (Mass Effect), Aloy (Horizon Zero Dawn)

Last edited:

JawshGray

Smash Rookie
10. Simon Belmont
9. Knuckles the Echidna
8. Lyn
7. Leon Kennedy
6. Raiden
5. Captain Toad
4. Sora
3. Sephiroth (only if Cloud is in the game)
2. Grovyle
1. Shovel Knight

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
Honourable Mentions:
Blitzcrank (What? I play LoL. Yes I know it'd be stupid but whatever I love the champ)
Master Chief (Had some good times in Halo at school. MC's certainly an icon, but I'm not pretending his Minecraft skin counts)
Balthier (I'm not going to pretend a side character from my favourite Final Fantasy is really enough reason to get into Smash)

The List:

10. Solaire (Would be such a great joke but also presents interesting moveset possibilities)
9. Elma (Loved XCX but characters weren't the strong point, still represents a good game IMO)
8. Toy-Con Robot (Love the mecha vibe, plus I'd love to see some cretive kits like Villager or WFT using the Labo stuff)
7. Lyndis (Blazing Blade was my first FE, like many other people, and we're missing an iaido character)
6. Travis Touchdown (Love his character and Suda 51 is just a hilarious creator, if we can have Bayonetta we can have Travis)
5. Sora (I love KH, and like many others it holds a soft spot in my...heart...would be higher but Sor's not the most compelling guy)
4. Waluigi (My favourite of the named Mario characters, we need a spin-off representative, and a hint of a dirty fighter too)
3. Spyro (not Skylanders, let's just hope for the remake, it'd make my year, they're actually my all time favouritew games)
2. Bomberman (not much to say other than the fact that I've been having a blast with him for my entire life)
1. Andy (Advance wars needs a revival, the charming characters and the amazing music are just a couple reasons why, and the moveset potential is why I need Andy in the game)

Also pleasantly surprise by the number of Andy supporters here. Check out his thread guys, it doesn't get nearly the traffic it deserves!
Alright maybe a bit of a switch-up. I've put more thought and don't really have the same appreciation for some of the joke characters as I used to when I was more involved in the hype. Also made some changes to represent this as the wishlist it is rather than holding back.

Blitzcrank (What? I play LoL. Yes I know it'd be stupid but whatever I love the champ)
Solaire (Would be such a great joke but also presents interesting moveset possibilities, but I'm not personally too invested)
Balthier (I'm not going to pretend a side character from my favourite Final Fantasy is really enough reason to get into Smash)
Axl (Megaman X is absolutely one of my favourite series but Megaman alone is enough for me)
Waluigi (My favourite of the named Mario characters, we need a spin-off representative, and a hint of a dirty fighter too, BUT...)
Daisy (These two share a spot to me, I personally highly prefer Waluigi but like Daisy too, and they can't share a spot in my list)

The List:

10. Crash Bandicoot (A relic of my childhood. Not as favoured as Spyro but it'd be so weird to see one without the other)
9. Toy-Con Robot (Love the mecha vibe, plus I'd love to see some creative kits like Villager or WFT using the Labo stuff)
8. Travis Touchdown (Love his character and Suda 51 is just a hilarious creator, if we can have Bayonetta we can have Travis)
7. Lyndis (Blazing Blade was my first FE, like many other people, and we're missing an iaido character)
6. Elma (Loved XCX but characters weren't the strongest, however Elma wasn't one holding it back and the game was still great)
5. Sora (I love KH, and like many others it holds a soft spot in my...heart. Would be higher but Sora's not the most compelling guy)
4. Master Chief (**** it this is a wishlist, he's so cool with so much possibility; the grav hammer, sword, grenades, plasma guns)
3. Spyro (HE GOT THE REMAKE, it's made my year, they're actually my all time favourite games)
2. Bomberman (not much to say other than the fact that I've been having a blast with him for my entire life)
1. Andy (Advance wars needs a revival, the charming characters and the amazing music are just a couple reasons why, and the moveset potential is why I need Andy in the game)

Also STILL pleasantly surprise by the number of Andy supporters here. Check out his thread guys, it doesn't get nearly the traffic it deserves!

Last edited:

SirCamp

Smash Ace
So I try to keep the characters I want to see somewhat reasonable, but there are definitely one or two that are a little out there. But for me, I would say my list is:

10. Captain Syrup
9. Goemon
8. Chibi-Robo
7. Tingle
6. Impa
5. King K. Rool
4. Dixie Kong
3. Bomberman
2. Banjo & Kazooie
1. Isaac

I would be fine with (and somewhat expect) characters like Waluigi and Captain Toad, but I'm also not super excited for them specifically. Even if they are deserving.

Captain Syrup is super out there but I think she would be a fun throwback character. And I saw something recently about a Wario Land trademark, so who even knows? Banjo is also obviously pretty unlikely, but he is far and away my most wanted third party apart from Bomberman. Also Goemon isn't happening but I would love it. Otherwise I think my list speaks for itself.

Some series that I would like to see a rep from also include Advance Wars, WarioWare, ARMS, Kid Icarus (just please replace Dark Pit or make him interesting), Xenoblade probably deserves another at this point, Metroid, and Animal Crossing. But as far as these franchises go I just don't particularly care who is included either because no one in particular stands out or I don't know a whole lot about them and I just think they fit/are deserving of reps.

Top Bottom