• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top 10 most wanted characters of the French community

Klimax

Smash Ace
I though it could be interesting to see what other communities want for Smash 5. Sure, i would have been better to do this with Japan, but since I don't speak Japanese, i just can't do that. So here's the top 10 most wanted characters of the French community !

Some informations first:
I went to the website jeuxvideo.com, this is where the biggest part of the french's gaming community is. The rules were simple, you can rank 10 newcomer. The first gets 10 points and the last gets 1 point. You can also pick 5 echo fighters (10 if you want but it's not that easy to find that many echo fighters). People are voting since only 3 days, but there's already many characters ahead of the rest. Yeah some people voted for deconfirmed characters (like Krystal), but it's not a big deal. I don't show characters below 10 points. I think i didn't forget to change names for the English ones.

Last edit: 06/29/2018

Newcomers:

1. King K.Rool = 213
2. Rex & Pyra = 138
3. Rayman = 132
4. Simon Belmont = 128
5. Ashley = 120
6. Bandana Dee = 114
7. Isaac = 110
8. Médusa = 89
9. Decidueye = 83
10. Dixie Kong = 82
11. Banjo & Kazooie = 68
12. Impa = 67
13. Captain Toad = 61
14. Crash Bandicoot = 55
15. Dark Samus = 46
16. Skull Kid = 44
17. Krystal = 41
18. Lloyd = 36
19. Incineroar = 31
20. Tap Trial Girl = 30
21. Phoenix Wright = 29
22. Amaterasu = 28
23. Springman = 26
24. Chibi-Robo, Paper Mario = 24
25. Elma, Spyro, Prof Layton = 22
26. Azura = 21
27. Solaire of Astora, Chrom, Dillon the Armadillo = 20
28. Geno, Travis Touchdown, Tails = 19
29. Sora = 18
30. Shadow the Hedgehog, Tingle, Shovel Knight = 17
31. (King) Boo, Shantae = 16
32. Zeraora, Magolor = 14
33. Heihachi Mishima, Lycanroc = 13
34. Viridi, Masked Man, Crono = 12
35. Midona, Waluigi = 11
36. Celica, Marina Liteyears, Ganon = 10

Echo fighters:

1. Shadow the Hedgehog = 118
2. Isabelle = 97
3. Dixie Kong = 93
4. Dark Samus = 80
5. Funky Kong = 61
6. Impa = 57
7. Ken = 47
8. Octaling = 41
9. Dry Bowser = 39
10. Chrom = 24
11. Metal Sonic = 21
12. Ms. Pac-Man = 17
13. Jeanne = 16
14. Morpho Knight = 15
15. Toon Zelda = 14
16. Ninten = 11
17. Black Shadow, Cranky Kong, Alph, Doc Louis = 10

Last edited:

SenSx

Smash Apprentice
Marie = Isabelle
No idea why they changed it though, Isabelle is fine as a last name, and it does not have foreign consonance or anything else.

Last edited:

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
Rayman being so high doesn't surprise me cause he's always been super popular in the French community I've been told

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
Ashley near the top. The French have good taste indeed hehe.

Last edited:

Klimax

Smash Ace
I changed Marie's name, sorry I didn't know she was known as Isabelle in English !

Yeah, Rayman is a big deal in France !

Not a surprise to see that Ashley and Rex & Pyra are really popular because France loves what looks like Japanese anime.

But seeing Isaac so high was a really good surprise , i though he lost some popularity after the Smash Ballot.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Not a surprise to see that Ashley and Rex & Pyra are really popular because France loves what looks like Japanese anime.

But seeing Isaac so high was a really good surprise , i though he lost some popularity after the Smash Ballot.
Yet Shantae didn't do so good, you would think she would get more support there.

Though I will say that it's nice they gave Medusa so much love (above Dixie Kong and B-K, no less).

SenSx

Smash Apprentice
Was she DLC? Maybe that's why I never knew about her. I only have DLC Characters.
It's Isabelle, they changed here name to Marie in the french versions of Animal Crossing games, only French gods know why.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It's Isabelle, they changed here name to Marie in the french versions of Animal Crossing games, only French gods know why.
It's for the sake of a pun. Marie sounds like Mairie, which is French for "Town Hall."

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
It looks like the French have similar tastes as to the US (or at least SmashBoards)

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
It looks like the French have similar tastes as to the US (or at least SmashBoards)
Europe and NA have similar tastes because western culture and a lot of the same games come to both regions. I think some of Europe has less of an NES nostalgia than NA and Japan because other systems were more popular back then. Japan obviously has some more variation on top picks because they often had games that never got localized or only were popular phenomenons in Japan.
Still is interesting to see what is different between regions.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Rayman being so highly rated is cool and makes me more hopeful (though he is French, so I suppose that makes sense).

And then seeing Impa in both top 10s is awesome <3

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
The French continue to be awesome. Seriously, these are some good picks. I'm really happy King K. Rool ranked as the top wanted newcomer. I'm also happy to see Shadow make it as the top wanted Echo Fighter. This was really well done. Thanks for sharing this!

D

Deleted member

Suprised Simon Belmont is so high. Then again it could be just people badnwagoning on Vergeben's statements.

But not surprised about K.Rool, since the DKC Cartoon was a collaboration between France and Canada.

Klimax

Smash Ace
Europe and NA have similar tastes because western culture and a lot of the same games come to both regions. I think some of Europe has less of an NES nostalgia than NA and Japan because other systems were more popular back then. Japan obviously has some more variation on top picks because they often had games that never got localized or only were popular phenomenons in Japan.
Still is interesting to see what is different between regions.
Exactly, US and Europe are similar ! But there's some differences, for example, Geno has nearly no popularity in France (only 19 points + no one is talkin' about him) since SMRPG never got released in Europe.

The French continue to be awesome. Seriously, these are some good picks. I'm really happy King K. Rool ranked as the top wanted newcomer. I'm also happy to see Shadow make it as the top wanted Echo Fighter. This was really well done. Thanks for sharing this!
You're welcome !

Suprised Simon Belmont is so high. Then again it could be just people badnwagoning on Vergeben's statements.

But not surprised about K.Rool, since the DKC Cartoon was a collaboration between France and Canada.
I have the same opinion about Simon yeah.

Who is Vlad?
This is Isaac, I'm sorry, i forgot to change French names to English names !

Takasmash

Smash Ace
Rayman being so high doesn't surprise me cause he's always been super popular in the French community I've been told
Rayman might be in Smash Bros cause Sakurai add Bayonetta because she ways high on Smash Ballot in England. It could help Rayman chances.

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
Rayman might be in Smash Bros cause Sakurai add Bayonetta because she ways high on Smash Ballot in England. It could help Rayman chances.
I actually do think Rayman has a high chance of getting in this time, which he's my most wanted so I hope it happens!!!

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Or they recognize that Castlevania not being repped is a travesty at this point.

StormC

Smash Hero
I would be curious how high Ridley would have polled pre-E3. Thanks for sharing!

Top Bottom