• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Toonlink Hitbox/Frame Data Thread

D

Deleted member

I have no idea, I JC grab by habit. I think they actually have a SLIIIIGHTLY different SFX between the two but outside of that I don't know :s

-_Face_-

Smash Apprentice
JC grab for most chars is almost always safer, even if it's just a few frames it's usually worth it. You can actually hear some of the difference in time between the two. Standing grab only gives one chain jingle as it comes back, dash grab gives two.

One thing that's intrigues me though is that a dash pivot grab (not JC'd) seems to let you slide a little ways further away from your opponent. I just don't know if that extra distance is worth the extra frames the animation takes.

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
JC grab is frame 17 with perfect execution, dash and pivot grab frame 18. JC grab is also less punishable, the hitbox lasts the same amount of frames. I can not imagine a big amount of relevant cases where dash grab is better.

D

Deleted member

Wow, that spreadsheet helps a lot. I'll get the .gifs for toonlinks hitboxes up in a few days and re update this thread!

<3 @ B.W. B.W.

edit: gimme access to it, I can help fill stuff in. lunchablestx@gmail.com

Last edited by a moderator:

B.W.

Smash Champion
That's fun. I dunno what I did on Feb. 2nd, but apparently whatever it was deleted everything.

Luckily Google Drive is legit as hell and it saved the revision before that happened and I was able to recover it.

Last edited:

B.W.

Smash Champion
Most of the frame data from the spreadsheet is still correct. Some of the damage in it isn't though.

Top Bottom