• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Zelda/Tetra for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Status
Not open for further replies.

SEGAGameBoy

Smash Journeyman
First Appearance: The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - December 13, 2002 (GameCube)

Who?
Toon Zelda first appeared in The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker in 2002 selling over 4.6 Million copies. In 2013, the game was later remastered and ported the Wii U, selling 2.2 Million units. So, add that up, and you get 6.8 Million copies. Not even close to Breath of the Wild. Toon Zelda's personality is the same as in the other Zelda games.
Tetra is the same way with Toon Zelda (obviously). Same game, but not the same personality. She has a tomboyish personality. Kinda like Daisy, I guess! Her real parents abandoned her and was orphaned by a female pirate. Later in life, she decided to follow in her footsteps and become a pirate herself! The other pirates are actually friends of her pirate mother and they soared the Great Sea together, looking for a legendary treasure! It was confirmed in Spirit Tracks that Tetra is actually an ancestor of Zelda.

Reviews
Zelda has some pretty decent reviews. Of course, the best-selling game is Ocarina of Time. Selling over 13.22 Million copies. The Nintendo 64 version sold 7.6 Million and the port to 3DS sold 5.62 Million. In second, comes A Link to The Past selling 12.71 Million copies. And third place being Breath of the Wild selling over 10 Million+ copies. It's still selling to this day!

Why them over other Zelda characters?
Given the fact that Sakurai actually considered them for Brawl, makes them more likely! I'm not saying they have more of a chance than Impa, but they're getting close to it. Toon Zelda could be a semi-Echo Fighter of Zelda, while Tetra could fight from both a distance and be in close quarters combat. Why? Because she has a sword and her Flintlock Pistol! 'Nuff said!

"Sakurai considered them and they didn't appear in Brawl! Nor did they appear in SSB4! They will never be playable in Smash!"
Really? You do know that Sakurai has changed his mind in the past, right? If that's the case, then how did we get Ridley playable? I don't know if this is true or not (please correct me if I'm wrong), but I heard that Ridley was considered as an Assist Trophy for Brawl, but was scrapped. He was then considered as a playable character, but again, he was scrapped. Sakurai decided to put him as a boss in the Subspace Emissary. He also considered the Miis, Mega Man, and Villager for Brawl, but because of how late in development the game was, he scrapped them. Also, you think they're never going to be playable? Prove it! I don't believe in psychics!

What are their chances?
Like I said, Sakurai considered them for Brawl. So, their chances are average. In fact, Toon Zelda has a trophy in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, while Tetra was a Trophy and Sticker in Brawl. In Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Tetra was also a Trophy and a Smash Run item. I guess Sakurai likes Tetra more than Toon Zelda!

What's holding Toon Zelda and Tetra back?
I guess the fact that they didn't appear in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS kinda holds them back. A little bit. Sakurai obviously cares about the Zelda series. If we don't get them, it's probably going to be Impa then. But, Toon Zelda and Tetra might actually get in. I know I keep saying this, but Sakurai considered them for Brawl. That doesn't mean they won't get in!

Join the Pirate Crew! (Supporters)
SEGAGameBoy

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
https://smashboards.com/threads/born-as-royalty-raised-in-piracy-tetra-for-smash-switch.453451/ Tetra has her own thread(and for the record, there is nothing to suggest Tetra was considered for Brawl, but a file named Toon Sheik, implying a clone he created himself. Which is more likely for what his intentions were, as he wouldn't throw in a random filename like that. It's clear who he meant at the time. That said, it's likely he would've chosen Tetra during development if it was easier for her to be implemented).

https://smashboards.com/threads/the-young-princess-of-hyrule-toon-zelda.447674/ Toon Zelda also has her own unique thread.

Thus, the topic shall be locked. You did some nice work in making a good Opening Post, if it matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom