• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Zelda Support Thread: Hope Springs Eternal

Maffewt

Smash Apprentice
The thing about the Zelda Series, though, is that there are two styles: Realistic console games, and cartoony handheld(Sometimes console) games.

Zelda only has a few characters, but it's practically two games in one.

As such, I think repping both halves of the Zelda franchise is important, even if it's just "toon vs realistic" of the same few characters.

Toon Zelda + Tetra for smash 4! Tetra can fill the Brawl hole of my beloved Young Link..

Yeah, I think either cut T Link or add Tetra and/or T Zelda.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
If Sakurai really doesn't see any other potential newcomers that could be added, I guess he could add Toon Zelda.
Sakurai most likely has a priority list going on, so he doesn't just add her when the well is dry or anything but if he still has some time left for a few additional semi clones then Toon Zelda is most likely one of them.

Which I personally don't mind as I like Toon Zelda better than default (TP) Zelda anyway....

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
I support Toon Zelda, I think she's the most likely Zelda newcomer. It's not like she does not have competition however...

Blackie2414

Smash Rookie
I feel like I'm the only on who wants this character more than anything.
Sure, Toon Zelda would probably be a clone to Zelda, but, like Toon Link, she'd be a faster version of the Princess. Perhaps she'd have more powerful aggressive attacks to match with her feisty Wind Waker personality. As for Tetra, she'd be her own character.

I can see her as a great option for those who want a faster, smaller version of Zelda!

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Nah You're not the only one, while most probably want Tetra on her own, I would actually like to see them both together. Just keep Toon Sheik as far away from Toon Zelda as possible...

While we do have separate threads for Toon Zelda and Tetra individually. I don't think we have a support thread yet for both of them together so I think having this separate thread to discuss them both is fine but then again. I'm no mod. :rolleyes:

Though try to elaborate a bit more in the OP. Just a friendly advice to you as I see that you're a new member here so welcome to the forums. ;)

Oh the thread has been merged. W/e then.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Definitely not the only one. Toon Zelda appears in a large number of games and is recognizable enough in that art style to make it in on her own merits. Tetra herself has only appeared in Wind Waker, its remake, its spinoff, and for a small amount of time, in Phantom Hourglass. I definitely don't want Toon Zelda to get in within having a more unique character to transform into (Tetra notably, though Phantom Zelda would also be cool), but I actually would rather play as a lighter, faster Zelda clone than either of those two (though it's entirely possible to give her a unique moveset).

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
You're certainly not the only one.

I don't want TZ/Tetra more than anything else myself, personally, but she is still one of my most wanted newcomers.
I'd like TZ to have a few moves of her own while also acting a lot like a faster version of Zelda as well.

I'd expect (and hope) Tetra to have her own moveset. And I seriously hope Toon Sheik does not become a thing. (at least in Smash)

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
You're certainly not the only one.

I don't want TZ/Tetra more than anything else myself, personally, but she is still one of my most wanted newcomers.
I'd like TZ to have a few moves of her own while also acting a lot like a faster version of Zelda as well.

I'd expect (and hope) Tetra to have her own moveset. And I seriously hope Toon Sheik does not become a thing. (at least in Smash)

Well if Sakurai's comment regarding Toon Link's short legs is anything to go by, I think if Toon Zelda does become playable, at least her front-air, down-air, down smash and low kick will be different from Zelda and anything else that requires zelda to perform kicks that I can't think of at the moment.

Which probably may also mean that Tetra is more likely of becoming Toon zelda's Transformation than "Toon Sheik" as Sheik (if recall correctly) has quite a number of moves that requires her to kick around.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
What do you guys like about Toon Zelda?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
What do you guys like about Toon Zelda?

The fact that her alter ego (Tetra) has more personality than the likes of Sheik. :troll:

The real reason is that Tetra herself can easily fill in as a pirate archetype with many traps and quick attacks in her moveset. As for Toon Zelda, she could be Luigified clone compared to the real Zelda with a few different attacks like her Spirit Form and the usage of Light Arrows as a special. It just would feel right if the characters can transform between each other instead of Tetra being a standalone character.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
The fact that her alter ego (Tetra) has more personality than the likes of Sheik. :troll:

The real reason is that Tetra herself can easily fill in as a pirate archetype with many traps and quick attacks in her moveset. As for Toon Zelda, she could be Luigified clone compared to the real Zelda with a few different attacks like her Spirit Form and the usage of Light Arrows as a special. It just would feel right if the characters can transform between each other instead of Tetra being a standalone character.

So wait, why do you like her?

loganhogan

Smash Ace
In Toon Zelda's defense she would be the first kawaii girl to join smash bros, assuming she is a little girl of course. Don't kill me I don't play much Zelda.

I'd rather have Lip, but if he somehow decides to stick with Toon Zelda I pray he keeps Tetra and not Toon Sheik pleaaaaaase.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I like Toon Zelda because I've found her to be one of the more enjoyable Zelda incarnations in the Zelda series, she was particularly the most useful Princess in Spirit Tracks compared to the others in the series as she did more than just assist you during final battles or teaching you some songs and I've always enjoyed her design next to Skyward Sword Zelda and SNES/Classic Zelda. And I like her more than TP Zelda too (Then again, I enjoyed Wind Waker as a whole a lot more than Twilight Princess in general anyway).

There I guess.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So wait, why do you like her?

Like the others described, it was the most enjoyable rendition of Zelda before Skyward Sword came along. The fact that she actually used her Light Arrows in battle before the likes of Twilight Princess Zelda was great. Not to mention her assistance was less frustrating unlike Twilight Princess where you had to ride Epona and aim for Ganondork at the same time.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I like Toon Zelda because I've found her to be one of the more enjoyable Zelda incarnations in the Zelda series, she was particularly the most useful Princess in Spirit Tracks compared to the others in the series as she did more than just assist you during final battles or teaching you some songs and I've always enjoyed her design next to Skyward Sword Zelda and SNES/Classic Zelda. And I like her more than TP Zelda too (Then again, I enjoyed Wind Waker as a whole a lot more than Twilight Princess in general anyway).

There I guess.

Respectable. I've never played through an entire Toon game, but what I've seen of her I thought she was pretty neat. She has more personality than any of the other Zelda's IMO besides SS Zelda. I'm not a huge fan of the idea of her getting in over Tingle, but I wouldn't hate it by any means. Especially because I'm a Zelda player. My only hope is she would have a variant transformation gimmick. Like Tetra, or Phantom mode, or no transformation. Anything besides the dreaded TShiek.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well for Tingle I feel they will probably do a Wario and Yoshi and have him represent the Tingle spin off games so I'm not sure if Toon Zelda would largely get in his way by any means but I understand your concern.

And yeah I totally agree that her transformation definitely should be anything besides this "Toon Sheik" that was apparently planned for Brawl. I definitely feel that her transformation should be Tetra and I think I have a good feeling that it most likely will be Tetra if Toon Zelda does wind up being playable. As unlike Brawl, Sakurai still has lots of time to work on her since there is no SSE eating up all the development time anymore (Which was probably the major reason why he even considered this Toon Sheik in the first place), not to mention how Sakurai stated that he didn't make Toon Link kick due to his shorter legs and since Sheik has a lot of moves that requires her to kick around. So there really is no excuse to exclude Tetra this time around. But that's just my opinion really. :/

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
As others have stated, Toon Zelda is my favorite; of all of the Zeldas, I like her design the most. Spirit Tracks Zelda specifically is probably my favorite Zelda when personality and characterization is considered, and that game put the princess into her most active role yet, something that I think lends her much moveset potential, to say nothing of all of the other "toon" games that can be pulled from. While I definitely think that she would end up a Luigified Zelda clone, I think she at least has enough potential for four completely unique special moves.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Well, Zelda got revealed today.

But something else in this picture may very well hurt Toon Zelda's chances.

Phantom Zelda.

I'm guessing it's most likely an Assist Trophy. Could this hurt Toon Zelda's chances? Well, the playable Toon Link and the Toon Link on the Spirit Train are two different individuals, from Wind Waker and Spirit Tracks respectively, the Toon Zelda from Wind Waker, AKA Tetra, and the Toon Zelda from Spirit Tracks, who is capable of possesing Phantoms in her ghost form, are seperate individuals as well. Toon Link's chance to return was once considered rather low after the reveal of the other Toon Link on the Spirit Train stage, but yet, he still returned as a playable character.

So I don't think this affects Toon Zelda's chance to get in very much, but that's just what I think. Thoughts on this?

Then theres the case with Toad though.....of course, there are countless Toads, and there are only two Toon Links and Toon Zeldas....

Really, I guess I'm not too certain how badly (if at all) this affects Toon Zelda's chance.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I said it elsewhere, but this really only hurts TZ's chances if people actually thought she was going to be unique.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
I said it elsewhere, but this really only hurts TZ's chances if people actually thought she was going to be unique.
I think it would be weird though to include toon Zelda but give this move to regular Zelda, even if they were both to have it. Seems to me that if that is in fact a new move of Zelda's that would hurt Toon Zelda's chances. For the record I also think it is one of her new moves, mostly because I would find it odd that he would reveal an AT through a screenshot on a character page rather than reveal it alone with some commentary like he has the others so far.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Eh like I said in the other thread. It's just a dead normal looking Phantom. It's not Zelda possessing it as you can clearly see that it doesn't show the pink glowy eyes as well as some patterns on it (if I recall correctly) which always indicated which phantom Zelda was possessing in Spirit Tracks. In other words. This thing doesn't effect her chances anymore than before it was shown. I guess the only thing we can take from it is that she wouldn't be possessing it as a transformation or final smash. Not that I was expecting her to do that anyway. But all in all. I'm fairly certain some haters are going to use this as some kind of "proof" that Toon Zelda has been "disconfirmed"...

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
And just as I thought, people are pulling another Spirit Tracks Link. Except this time with some ghost armor. Not saying Toon Zelda is a shoo in, but c'mon. :rolleyes:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
If Toon Zelda actually makes in despite the ghost armour being used as evidence that Toon Zelda is disconfirmed, then you can say "I told you so!"

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

If Sheik is gone, Impa will be in. And why would they add a Zelda clone before using lefovers of Sheik's moveset to create Impa?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'd rather wait it out. Because last time people declared a Wind Waker character disconfirmed because of a Spirit Tracks character this happened.

Not to mention that this is just a normal ghost armor not possessed by any royal ghost princesses.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
One thing though. Whenever Zelda posessed a Phantom it gained pink glowing eyes (BECAUSE FEMALE) and I don't see any here. Lemme check up the zelda wiki and see if any phantoms had a natural Pink tint to them

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Was Twilight Princess Zelda changing into Ocarina of Time Sheik ever canon?

Fact is, it's likely part of her moveset. Extremely likely.

And Sheik is gone. So why would they chose to make a Zelda clone before recreating Sheik's moveset with Impa?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Every time Zelda posesses a Phantom, it always shows these pink glowing eyes as well as some other patterns at her back. While we can't see this Phantom's back, it also doesn't show its eyes glowing which means that it isn't under possession of Zelda. So I doubt this Phantom really says anything in regards to Toon Zelda's chances. Not to mention Spirit Tracks Zelda was ever only the one who possessed these phantoms whereas Wind Waker Zelda never did such a thing before. :/

I have the feeling this will probably end up being a repeat of the Spirit Train argument, but with Toon Zelda instead of Toon Link. :/

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Hmm.... Let's think, even if Toon Zelda has an alt form that isn't Toon Sheik how can she be different from her taller counterpart? Anyone got any ideas?

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Was Twilight Princess Zelda changing into Ocarina of Time Sheik ever canon?
No, but it happened in a little game called Super Smash Brothers Brawl. So nothing is stopping it from happening again in Super Smash Brothers for, even if you actually think the Assist Trophy Phantom is a part of Zelda's moveset.

Top Bottom