• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Zelda Support Thread: Hope Springs Eternal

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
That still doesn't mean she was in it. She didn't appear in an important role in either Twilight Princess or Wind Waker. She is merely referenced

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
So, if Toon Zelda is makes her way to Zelda SBB4, this means that Tetra/Toon Sheik is coming with her right?

Ember Reaper

Smash Journeyman
That never even came anywhere near my mind! Excellent Ember!
Thanks! I do what I can. :)

I'd think Tetra/Toon Sheik would come with her too. would simply make sense.
I've also seen a Phantom based moveset, that can transform into Tetra. A stretch, but then we'd have a new unique heavy moveset

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I would say Toon Zelda could take Zelda's move set and tweak it a little bit. However, her down B could transform her into Tetra who has a swashbuckling fighting style or give her possession powers where she can control opponents actions. Kind of broken but I'm sure it could be tweaked so she doesn't make a opponent kill themselves.

:phone:

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
overall id say that of all Zelda characters suggested Toon Zelda holds the most weight in the Zelda series. Not to say that Vaati or Tingle or whoever dont hold a lot of weight but c'mon. whether in toon or realistic form Zelda is the most reacuring character only after Link

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
I'd like it if they either cut Toon Link or added Tonn Zelda/Tetra to balance it out a little better. It seems weird to have 4/5 of the Zelda characters in the same art style and Toon Link be on his own.

I think it'd be cool if they added both Toon Zelda/Tetra and Vaati. Another Zelda trio. Toon Zelda could come on her own though.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
While they were considering it for Brawl, I don't think they'd be likely to add Toon Zelda this time around. However, I believe Vaati has good chances, because he's basically the villain in all the Toon Link games, meaning that you'd have the hero and villain for the TL subseries if he was added and Toon Link stays, while Link and Ganon represent the main series.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
While they were considering it for Brawl, I don't think they'd be likely to add Toon Zelda this time around. However, I believe Vaati has good chances, because he's basically the villain in all the Toon Link games, meaning that you'd have the hero and villain for the TL subseries if he was added and Toon Link stays, while Link and Ganon represent the main series.

I would counter this by saying that Zelda/Sheik was planned for Melee while Ganondorf was not. He only got in because he "luckily" had a "similar body type" to Captain Falcon. Priority doesn't necessarily go to villains.

Toon Zelda is still more likely than Vaati, IMO.

:phone:

D

Deleted member

Aside from that, Vaati is relatively old news and hardly anyone cares about him these days.

And Toon Zelda was recently (well, somewhat recently) playable as Phantom Zelda in Spirit Tracks, so....

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Time to revive this thread, I'm all for T. Zelda, so hopefully her transformation will be Tetra, anyone want to get moveset started for Tetra. Don't think this is odd, because we have many semi-clones like Lucario and Wolf.
Yet, I am fine with T. Shiek, too just might need to change the AAA combos and stuff.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Time to revive this thread, I'm all for T. Zelda, so hopefully her transformation will be Tetra, anyone want to get moveset started for Tetra. Don't think this is odd, because we have many semi-clones like Lucario and Wolf.
Yet, I am fine with T. Shiek, too just might need to change the AAA combos and stuff.
Just a word of advice, don't call Lucario a semi clone or clone around these parts... Especially if you relate him to Mewtwo.

Anyway. Yeah I'm all for Toon Zelda too. Especially if she can transform into Tetra. :)

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
Not gonna lie I'm perfectly fine with the toon Zelda games being represented by link (in fact I'm not even very happy about toon link being there, but I doubt he's going anywhere) I think that we will get impa or tingle or no one at all. The series is pretty well represented already

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Not gonna lie I'm perfectly fine with the toon Zelda games being represented by link (in fact I'm not even very happy about toon link being there, but I doubt he's going anywhere) I think that we will get impa or tingle or no one at all. The series is pretty well represented already
Tingle? I really don't see him at all, please stay AT, I don't think of him as a fighter, just a fairy-wannabee, and Impa's supporter's gone way down because of Diddy. Sorry if, I'm in FE discussion mode, but I can't see either of them.

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
Tingle? I really don't see him at all, please stay AT, I don't think of him as a fighter, just a fairy-wannabee, and Impa's supporter's gone way down because of Diddy. Sorry if, I'm in FE discussion mode, but I can't see either of them.
Trust me I don't want to see tingle either. Impa would be pretty cool I guess. But yeah even for them the chances are pretty slim. In all honesty I think the Zelda characters will stay the same. Personally I would also be happy with skull kid but I doubt that will happen and ghirahim would be cool but there stands the issue of the probability of him getting cut come the next smash bros, so they might not bother

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Trust me I don't want to see tingle either. Impa would be pretty cool I guess. But yeah even for them the chances are pretty slim. In all honesty I think the Zelda characters will stay the same. Personally I would also be happy with skull kid but I doubt that will happen and ghirahim would be cool but there stands the issue of the probability of him getting cut come the next smash bros, so they might not bother
Yeah, I know but IF on the 1/50 chance we do get a character, it would either be T. Zelda or Ghirahim, They don't need 4 to be the max.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Why shouldn't 4 be the max?
Because it was NEVER the max.

The most we have ever had was five slots in Melee Mario reps.

Heck you could consider six,the max, if you count PT's Pokemon separately.

Besides, who would complain if we got more characters?

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
Because it was NEVER the max.

The most we have ever had was five slots in Melee Mario reps.

Heck you could consider six,the max, if you count PT's Pokemon separately.

Besides, who would complain if we got more characters?
I was referring to the max for characters from the Zelda series, since I don't think another Zelda character is prominent enough for a spot on the roster.

As for that last line you could say that about any character, but you know there would be turmoil if we got a bunch of unpopular characters and the characters that everyone seems to want are left out.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I was referring to the max for characters from the Zelda series, since I don't think another Zelda character is prominent enough for a spot on the roster.

As for that last line you could say that about any character, but you know there would be turmoil if we got a bunch of unpopular characters and the characters that everyone seems to want are left out.
Well Zelda's max is currently five.
Link, Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf, Toon Link/Young Link. Tingle certainly deserves a spot.

I'm just saying people like more more than less.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Wow, this thread has had more Impa debates than Toon Zelda/Tetra debates.:glare:

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I would definitely prefer seeing Tetra as a stand alone character than seeing a Zelda/Tetra combo. She's clearly more comfortable in her sailing outfit than she is decked out like a mystical princess.

I haven't played any of the Toonish games other than WW, but does Tetra ever actually practice magic, even after discovering she's a magic princess? I see her much more as a fun, bouncy, physical character that uses a lot of Link's items from WW. And bombs, lots of bombs.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I would definitely prefer seeing Tetra as a stand alone character than seeing a Zelda/Tetra combo. She's clearly more comfortable in her sailing outfit than she is decked out like a mystical princess.

I haven't played any of the Toonish games other than WW, but does Tetra ever actually practice magic, even after discovering she's a magic princess? I see her much more as a fun, bouncy, physical character that uses a lot of Link's items from WW. And bombs, lots of bombs.
It could still be likethat, but I think people would like T. Zelda to be with it as well, to be on your side also for this people main sheik without Zelda and vice versa, it will work.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I mostly picture her as more of a... well. Here's some specials I could see her having. Some of it is what I proposed for Toon Link, but it works for Tetra too.
Tetra
Up special: Jumps in a tiny cannon and launches herself.
Side special: Glides with a deku leaf in the air, flaps it to blow people away on the ground.
Neutral special: Grappling hook, she spins it around dangerously and when you release she throws it in the direction indicated to hurt a foe and steal an item that someone's carrying or grab an item on the stage.
Down special: Drops a large bomb that can't be picked up. Can be pushed and knocked around and only explodes on a timer or if a fire attack hits it. Can be dropped in the air and while deku gliding.

Final Smash: Summons a giant bomb cannon and some of her pirate crew to control it and starts shooting arcing bombs that are aimed, charged, and released like a Tank shooter game.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I got a REAL Final Smash.
She summons the Pirate Ship in the background (controlled by her crew), which bombards the stage like the bombs in the Pirate Ship stage in Brawl. In addition, Tetra can set traps on the stage, like the catapult on the pirate ship.

Overpowered, but awesome. :awesome:

volbound1700

Smash Master
Sad thing is, Toon Zelda/Tetra is probably the most likely newcomer for Smash 4 from the Zelda series.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
She summons the Pirate Ship in the background (controlled by her crew), which bombards the stage like the bombs in the Pirate Ship stage in Brawl. In addition, Tetra can set traps on the stage, like the catapult on the pirate ship.

I was thinking of summoning the ship too, but then I couldn't figure out how the ship would actually appear in the BG for most stages... Just fly by like an airship? Transform the background into a seascape?

MAYBE TETRA COULD USE HER DIVINE MAGIC TO CAUSE ANOTHER FLOOD AND THEN SUMMON A SHIP TO BLOW APART STRAGGLING SWIMMERS?

Yesssss.

Edit: Y'know, I was kidding when I wrote that, but that actually would be totally awesome.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Fal, your Final Smash idea is awesome, and also, a good reason to have T. Zelda is having her be like how T. Link works Lighter, faster, and weaker than the original. Plus, more people use Toon Link more than regular, i bet this will pass on to Zelda.

volbound1700

Smash Master

Knowing Sakurai, it will probably be Landmaster.

ChozoBoy

Smash Apprentice
How could her Final Smash be anything other than her crew stuffing you into a barrel and catapulting it into the background?

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
Why shouldn't 4 be the max? Sure Zelda may be a huge franchise but they have covered all of the characters that really matter towards the series. Same goes for the main Mario series.

The thing about the Zelda Series, though, is that there are two styles: Realistic console games, and cartoony handheld(Sometimes console) games.

Zelda only has a few characters, but it's practically two games in one.

As such, I think repping both halves of the Zelda franchise is important, even if it's just "toon vs realistic" of the same few characters.

Toon Zelda + Tetra for smash 4! Tetra can fill the Brawl hole of my beloved Young Link..

Top Bottom