• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Link Stages?

PKAce

Smash Rookie
I've been playing Tlink for a while, but I don't really know which stages are good for him. Anyone know?

Ezlo

Smash Cadet
good platforms really help. I've found a lot of people like Pokemon Stadium 2 because of it's low platforms, which can be used for a lot of different things (I have trouble explaining what they do exactly, hopefully someone else can explain. The idea is they give you more options and allow you to camp, approach, and run away more easily.) Also, when the opponent is on a platform, you can easily jump-->bair chain (or whatever aerial you want to use.)

I personally really like Distant Planet (though it's my favorite stage aesthetically, so I might be a bit bias). You can full hop-Uair the highest platforms, and if I'm not mistaken, you attack through the platform without getting hit yourself. It's nice and long so you can camp if that's your thing, and you can chase people who are on the platforms with aerials. Maybe it's not the best stage, but I think it's at least pretty good for Tink.

I know there are other stages but I don't have my Wii with me on vacation so I can't check things... :( Those are the first two that come to my mind, anyway.

PKAce

Smash Rookie
Thanks! That really helps, I play Pokemon Stadium 2 a lot, but I haven't tried Distant Planet yet. I'll make sure to remember this.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Actually I think there aren't many stages Tink doesn't actually like. I actually find myself going to a variety of different stages based on what my opponent plays.

Tink's worst stages are probably the smallest/most cramped ones like Castle Seige and Wario Ware because he can't play his game as good on those kinds of stages but I think there are a few certain times to go there still it is just dependent on what your opponent plays. Never take a fatty there though.

Big stages can be pretty good but they also tend to give the opponent a bit more breather room from Tink not allowing him to play his game quite as well as he can on a medium stage. However big stages are a good place to go against those who can make Tink play their game/get him on him easily as it gives him more breather room.

Tink's best stages from my experience are the more medium size stages, so to speak. Stuff like SV, PS2, BF, and FoD are all really good stages for Tink tbh.

And FD is FD.

R.O.BB^

Smash Rookie
NNID
Tanookisuit2002
pokemon stadium 2 and battlefield and dream land because toon link is good with platforms

Avro-Arrow

Smash Journeyman
PS2, WL, SV, Delfino, DP, DL, YI. I find he can be good in a lot of places and it really depends on the opponent.

Jamble

Smash Apprentice
I might be mistaken here, but I'm honestly not running into any stages I'm struggling much in. Toon link is both very fast and has a very versatile projectile array along with an awesome nair that has a decently ranged hitbox on both sides. Small stages are HARDER with him because it takes better timing to effectively use your toolkit, but I also don't think that he's at a disadvantage on them, because effective use of bomb drops, boomerang, and arrow-tapping also lets you cover them almost completely with hazards for your opponent. Large stages to medium stages give you a little more room to rack up projectile damage and go in for the kill.

Again, I may be wrong since I'm still very new to PM, but so far I'm finding that TLink is probably one of the characters that is affected less by stages than a majority of the cast. I do agree that stages with platforms are the one thing I find are very good for him, IMO.

Top Bottom