• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Toon Link Hitbox Visualization

Furil

Smash Apprentice
Smash 4 hitboxes are interpolated, so imagine a line between a hitbox's current position and it's last. It hits that area too.
Example: http://i.imgur.com/wEBKNpI.gif

Those little purple dots indicate that that hitbox is defensive. I don't really know exactly what that means. Extended ones will only have the dot side the first point.
Ignore them for now...

There are potentially bugs in any of these, so let me know if you notice anything particuarly off and I'll check. There have been instances of weird hitboxes that ended up being a bug.

I can't get tether grab/zairs yet.

Mini-FAQ:
Q: How did you make these?
A: I made a parser for animcmd commands and applied it to the model and animation.

Q: Can you do hurtboxes?
A: Not yet

Q: These don't look like the quality of the wii u models, why?
A: These are 3DS models (and data). There isn't a difference in frame data between Wii U and 3DS.

Q: This attack looks wrong, is this actually correct?
A: Let me know which one and I'll check. It's possible for a bug or two to mess up stuff.

Q: The image isn't playing.
A: There are play, reverse, and frame advance buttons under the images. They may be hard to see.

Thank you

Grandma Wilkins

Smash Cadet
YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS THIS IS GREAT THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH
fox pls pin this

Wait something is weird with that usmash, that right hitbox seems a little wonky.

Last edited:

Furil

Smash Apprentice
Do you mean this?

It's not a regular hit-box. It's a defensive hit-box indicator. I don't know how they work, but they are displayed anyway.
The light purple dots can just be ignored.

LotadAlittle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BillyWhizz
I can't think of all too many uses I can get out of this yet, but as the tink meta evolves, I'm sure this will be great. One thing good thing is that this gives me a great visual on f tilt's spike hitbox. I think that's a great move that can snag easy edgeguards with the rang, if you're actually in the right range anyway (which, ideally, you shouldn't really be, but oh well). Thanks for this, it's really appreciated.

Last edited:
Top Bottom