• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Link Hate?

Topplox

Smash Apprentice
Why do people say he has little reason to be a clone? That was the point of including him.

Sakurai said there needs to be a child Link, which I agree with to an extent. However, Twilight Princess's Link was more popular, prominent, and was much easier to base off the previous Link's moveset.
He has little reason to be a clone because he has a lot of his own moves from his game. Usually when you put a character in Smashbros, the character uses attacks based off their history of moves from their game. Sure, Toon Link could be a clone. He is technically just another version of the orginal link, and does have access to all of the original links moves. But we already have original Link in the game. Why have two characters who use the exact same B-moves (or even to lesser extent A moves) when they don't have to. Toon Link has so many interesting traits about him and not only from Wind Waker, since has a bunch of more games of his own now. It just seems like a waste of potential just for the sake of staying with tradition of clones.

That said, at least Toon Link has a very small excuse that he is just another Link. If anyone has fingers pointed at them its Ganondorf. He is a clone of a completely unrelated character. That would be fine if Ganondorf was just a normal guy we didnt know much about fighting wise like CF, but Ganondorf is a warlock (That could even use a sword if it was necassary) with the Triforce of Power. That should just lend itself to several possibilities. It makes very little sense for him to be a clone of anyone outside of "ran out of time".

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
He has little reason to be a clone because he has a lot of his own moves from his game. Usually when you put a character in Smashbros, the character uses attacks based off their history of moves from their game. Sure, Toon Link could be a clone. He is technically just another version of the orginal link, and does have access to all of the original links moves. But we already have original Link in the game. Why have two characters who use the exact same B-moves (or even to lesser extent A moves) when they don't have to. Toon Link has so many interesting traits about him and not only from Wind Waker, since has a bunch of more games of his own now. It just seems like a waste of potential just for the sake of staying with tradition of clones.

That said, at least Toon Link has a very small excuse that he is just another Link. If anyone has fingers pointed at them its Ganondorf. He is a clone of a completely unrelated character. That would be fine if Ganondorf was just a normal guy we didnt know much about fighting wise like CF, but Ganondorf is a warlock (That could even use a sword if it was necassary) with the Triforce of Power. That should just lend itself to several possibilities. It makes very little sense for him to be a clone of anyone outside of "ran out of time".
That's not the point. Yes, Toon Link has a lot of things to differentiate him from Link.

However, if Sakurai thought he couldn't exist without his own unique moves in Smash Bros, he wouldn't have used the effort to include him.

Topplox

Smash Apprentice
That's not the point. Yes, Toon Link has a lot of things to differentiate him from Link.

However, if Sakurai thought he couldn't exist without his own unique moves in Smash Bros, he wouldn't have used the effort to include him.
Sakurai could easily pull off a move set for Toon Link. He pulled one out of no where for CF and Fox, and they had little to nothing to work with. So I am not sure exactly how you feel Sakurai couldn't think of a way from him to exist with his own original move set for a character who has plenty to work with.

It was okay in Brawl, because you could tell by the end Brawl was very rushed. Three landmasters, two PK starstorms (like mentioned in another thread, Ness cant actually learn that move so its poor representation.) and still we had CF Ganondorf. I wasn't happy with Toon link, but I at least understood that it was probably late in development and they didnt have time.

Toon Link has no excuse this time around, he was shown off early. Why add this unique interesting version of link if your not going to do anything with him again, especially when your working on so many character move sets.

I love Sakurai, and I understand there is a lot of pressure on him to make this game really impressive. I am sure Toon Link will be fun to play. But I dont understand why so many characters are getting all these fun alterations and Toon Link is just staying a clone. It's lost potential and definitely not something that shouldn't be challenging.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
The thing is though that most of the more unique traits for Toon Link aren't really the most practical or useful for him. People often suggest him to use items such as the Deku Leaf, but besides it being a good way to have a slower fall (Like Peach and Game & Watch), it isn't an overall very useful attack for him. Especially if it's only used to push your opponents away (like Fludd). The Grappling Hook can be pretty useful when it comes to stealing your opponents items, but beyond that, it isn't really any different from the regular Hookshot that he already has.

I can see the Skull Hammer being a pretty interesting item for him to use though, likewise for the Bomb-Chu's he used in Phantom Hourglass. But otherwise, it's best to just not over complicate things for him if he needs to be kept effective. People often talk that they want uniqueness for gameplay, but really it goes both ways. It's not really going to do the character very much good if these changes aren't also very beneficial for them, sure it may make them more unique, but will it actually benefit them in terms of their gameplay? That's something I have yet to be convinced with.

Personally, the only changes I would like to see done with Toon Link is him getting the ability to perform the Hurricane Spin, pull out the Deku Leaf after his mid air spin attack, using elemental arrows and being able to pull out bomb-chu's, crawling and the Skull Hammer would also be nice, perhaps the Ballad of Gales as his Final Smash would be pretty great too. And if from what little I've seen from the costumizable movesets they had shown off, I'm pretty sure he will at least get a few of these.

That's just my two cents really..... >_>

In the end, I kinda feel character like Ganondorf are the ones people should really be more fussed about....

Topplox

Smash Apprentice
The thing is though that most of the more unique traits for Toon Link aren't really the most practical or useful for him. People often suggest him to use items such as the Deku Leaf, but besides it being a good way to have a slower fall (Like Peach and Game & Watch), it isn't an overall very useful attack for him. Especially if it's only used to push your opponents away (like Fludd). The Grappling Hook can be pretty useful when it comes to stealing your opponents items, but beyond that, it isn't really any different from the regular Hookshot that he already has.

I can see the Skull Hammer being a pretty interesting item for him to use though, likewise for the Bomb-Chu's he used in Phantom Hourglass. But otherwise, it's best to just not over complicate things for him if he needs to be kept effective. People often talk that they want uniqueness for gameplay, but really it goes both ways. It's not really going to do the character very much good if these changes aren't also very beneficial for them, sure it may make them more unique, but will it actually benefit them in terms of their gameplay? That's something I have yet to be convinced with.

Personally, the only changes I would like to see done with Toon Link is him getting the ability to perform the Hurricane Spin, pull out the Deku Leaf after his mid air spin attack, using elemental arrows and being able to pull out bomb-chu's, crawling and the Skull Hammer would also be nice, perhaps the Ballad of Gales as his Final Smash would be pretty great too. And if from what little I've seen from the costumizable movesets they had shown off, I'm pretty sure he will at least get a few of these.

That's just my two cents really..... >_>

In the end, I kinda feel character like Ganondorf are the ones people should really be more fussed about....
Honestly despite how big my posts are, I actually don't threat about it as much as you might think (Far to busy worrying if K.Rool will make it in this time around). Simply put, i'm not saying people who like Toon Link are by any means bad for liking it. Simply that with Sakurai's ability to make creative move sets, and Toon Link having plenty of his own items to use, its disappointing for those who dont want clones in Smashbros, that he should have to be one.

And yes, as stated before, Ganondorf has no excuse. I wish we could just have old fashion Ganon.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Sakurai could easily pull off a move set for Toon Link. He pulled one out of no where for CF and Fox, and they had little to nothing to work with. So I am not sure exactly how you feel Sakurai couldn't think of a way from him to exist with his own original move set for a character who has plenty to work with.

It was okay in Brawl, because you could tell by the end Brawl was very rushed. Three landmasters, two PK starstorms (like mentioned in another thread, Ness cant actually learn that move so its poor representation.) and still we had CF Ganondorf. I wasn't happy with Toon link, but I at least understood that it was probably late in development and they didnt have time.

Toon Link has no excuse this time around, he was shown off early. Why add this unique interesting version of link if your not going to do anything with him again, especially when your working on so many character move sets.

I love Sakurai, and I understand there is a lot of pressure on him to make this game really impressive. I am sure Toon Link will be fun to play. But I dont understand why so many characters are getting all these fun alterations and Toon Link is just staying a clone. It's lost potential and definitely not something that shouldn't be challenging.
I know that. That isn't the point, like I said. Toon Link wasn't included to be a unique character, he is included because he is an easy clone of Link that represents both The Wind Waker and a child Link, which is what Sakurai was aiming for. It doesn't matter what he can do; what matters is what he is meant to do.

@ Curious Villager Curious Villager I agree with this sentiment, entirely; most of the things Toon Link does in Brawl, are actually his most used items in Wind Waker. To be honest, Toon Link's moveset fist him better than Young Link's fit him.

Morbi

Scavenger
Honestly despite how big my posts are, I actually don't threat about it as much as you might think (Far to busy worrying if K.Rool will make it in this time around). Simply put, i'm not saying people who like Toon Link are by any means bad for liking it. Simply that with Sakurai's ability to make creative move sets, and Toon Link having plenty of his own items to use, its disappointing for those who dont want clones in Smashbros, that he should have to be one.

And yes, as stated before, Ganondorf has no excuse. I wish we could just have old fashion Ganon.
Ganondorf does have an excuse though, arguably a better excuse than Toon Link, actually.

Topplox

Smash Apprentice
Ganondorf does have an excuse though, arguably a better excuse than Toon Link, actually.
What reason does Ganondorf have for being a clone? Especially of Captain Falcon? Toon Link I will pass for this one, but Ganondorf is the main baddie of the entire Zelda franchise. Not very clone deserving.

Morbi

Scavenger
Oh, let me guess...

Is it because making him different would alienate him from his long-time Smash fans?
No, that is the extension of the primary reason. His justification was actually the same as Young/Toon Link's justification. He was added because he could be an easy clone. This is more applicable to Ganondorf as Young Link was higher on the priority list. Secondly, you insinuate that the players are less important than Legend of Zelda fans who don't even bother to play him?

Toon Link and Ganondorf have a correlation. Entitled LoZ fans want them to be original characters because they have the capacity to be; however, if they ever bothered to play the characters, they would find that they are their own original characters. They share a move-set. Nothing more.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
No, that is the extension of the primary reason. His justification was actually the same as Young/Toon Link's justification. He was added because he could be an easy clone. This is more applicable to Ganondorf as Young Link was higher on the priority list. Secondly, you insinuate that the players are less important than Legend of Zelda fans who don't even bother to play him?

Toon Link and Ganondorf have a correlation. Entitled LoZ fans want them to be original characters because they have the capacity to be; however, if they ever bothered to play the characters, they would find that they are their own original characters. They share a move-set. Nothing more.
No, I didn't insinuate anything except what you were going to say based on what you've said before.

Yes, you're right, Ganondorf was added because he was an easy clone. But I don't understand what you mean when you say that he is own character. Yes, technically, he is his own character, but in terms of gameplay, especially in his debut game, he amounts to little more than a slow Ganondorf.

Overtaken

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, as several have said, the problem is yes, he's a clone. If he isn't a clone just because he moves faster and is lighter, then there are no clones. But the biggest problem is that he is a second iteration of a character that is already in smash! The roster has about a few dozen unique characters vying for these precious few playable slots and TL eating up one of those slots uneccessarily, that's why he is getting such backlash. It's precicely as bad as Dr.Mario and Pichu and YL, but at least they were cut and their inclusion in the constrained development of Melee was excusable.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
No, I didn't insinuate anything except what you were going to say based on what you've said before.

Yes, you're right, Ganondorf was added because he was an easy clone. But I don't understand what you mean when you say that he is own character. Yes, technically, he is his own character, but in terms of gameplay, especially in his debut game, he amounts to little more than a slow Ganondorf.
I don't know; that is like saying that Toon Link amounts to little more than a fast Link. It just isn't true.

Topplox

Smash Apprentice
Clone's in general have never done anything for me. A lot of people say they add an extra element to the game, but I always figured a completely new character with their own independent and unique move sets added more. If any character should have an original move set, I feel it should be Ganondorf, but because I speculate that will never happen, that is why I hope we would get Ganon instead (the chances for that are stacked against me though). Either way its no skin off my teeth, it just means I probably wont have much interest in playing them as much. But that would be where appealing to different opinions comes in I guess huh? Obviously not everyone thinks like me, so no reason to assume they would market or design the game completely in the way I think. We will just have to see where the chips fall.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

I understand, sure I'd like to see Toon Link with some more unique traits as well. However, as a Toon Link main, I would also want his moveset to be viable and useful for him, and not ending up annoyed at the developers of why they didn't make him keep his spin attack or whatever (Which a number of Mario and Falco mains have been doing as well in regards to their respective down specials, despite that they where changed to be more unique).

But in the end, I'm more interested in what he has to offer in terms of his costumizable moveset and how far one can differentiate the two from there. They may just be modified B moves (Which I'd still be okay with so long as it gives me access to the Hurricane Spin, elemental arrows and the Bomb-Chu item) or it may even give the two Link's access to some of their more unique items such as the Skull Hammer and the Ball and Chain.

I know that. That isn't the point, like I said. Toon Link wasn't included to be a unique character, he is included because he is an easy clone of Link that represents both The Wind Waker and a child Link, which is what Sakurai was aiming for. It doesn't matter what he can do; what matters is what he is meant to do.

@ Curious Villager Curious Villager I agree with this sentiment, entirely; most of the things Toon Link does in Brawl, are actually his most used items in Wind Waker. To be honest, Toon Link's moveset fist him better than Young Link's fit him.
I kinda feel that Toon Link is probably meant to represent the original child Link so his moveset should probably remain pretty basic, whereas they can be more experimental with the other Link. At least from the looks of how they handled Link in Brawl and Smash 4, that seems to be the case.

Overtaken

Smash Journeyman
I don't know; that is like saying that Toon Link amounts to little more than a fast Link. It just isn't true.
He is little more than fast, short Link. He's 'plays differently' so far as you'll probably camp and little more than you would with Link, but fundamentally, basically the same thing.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
I personally wish he was a bit different, even if it was just the fire arrows.
But if I could take it a bit farther than that, chargeable, more controllable ^B , Skull Hammer for >B

Edit: Also give him the damn mirror Shield

Last edited:

R0Y

Smash Master
Toon Link is arguably the last true clone in Smash...and I'm fine with that.

Morbi

Scavenger
Toon Link is arguably the last true clone in Smash...and I'm fine with that.

I agree; it makes him feel so very special. Falco and Ganondorf were vastly decloned, I expect even more changes for Smash 4. Lucas was the only semi-clone introduced in Brawl and again, I expect some changes here and there. Toon Link is the last character reminiscent of a clone.

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
Personally, I don't really care if TL is a clone, I just like him a lot. He's friggin' adorable.

But yes, give him that blasted Mirror Shield, for heaven's sake.

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
From a person that has played Melee so much. I was very disappointed they replaced Young Link with Toon Link in Brawl. His moveset was very slow. I can't do any of the fast paced combos I could do in Melee. The Brawl mechanics absolutely destroyed Young & Toon Link in general. I thought Ocarina of Time 3D would be a sign to Young Link's return. I guess not :( They better make Toon Link like Young Link was in Melee.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
The ironic thing is that alot of people say that X character shouldn't have X move because it gives them an unfaithful representation from their source material.
Yet, Toon Link having a similar moveset to Link is literally being the most faithful you can get to the character. All Links have the same fighting style, save for a few exclusive items and the occasional gameplay mechanic here and there, but mainly they fight alike. It's understandable because they are all incarnations of the hero's spirit and inheritors of the triforce of courage.
Remember the fancy moves Link could learn from the Hero's Spirit (OoT,MM Link) in Twilight Princess? Those are even the same moves that Link can do in Wind Waker when parrying an attack. And regarding the items, yes, each game has it's own unique and gimmicky item once in a while but the Bow and Arrow, Bombs, Hookshot/Clawshot and (mostly) the Boomerang appear consistently over the series. Those four items are the Links' most defining combat tools (aside from the Master Sword of course).

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Most of the more unique weaponry Toon Link had in Wind Waker aren't really the type of weaponry that would really be very useful for him anyway compared to his current moveset, like I said just above. Heck even in Wind Waker itself those weapons generally weren't really all that useful when it came to combat against most enemies. (With the exception of the Skull Hammer of course)

I think Sakurai realized this and decided to keep Toon Link's current weapons as a part of his default moveset since they worked so well for him and went ahead and changed Link some more instead as his playstyle has been pretty mediocre for a long time now.

It does make me interested to see what they have done in terms of his costumizable moveset though.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
The Deku Leaf should've been somewhere in his moveset. Either blowing enemies away, gliding, or his Up-Special.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
The best way to handle the Deku Leaf is to use it in a similar fashion as Peach and Game & Watch do imo. So as a Parasol effect. Especially if the game physics are less floaty compared to Brawl.

ryanenos1

Smash Rookie
Out of all of the characters revealed so far, Toon Link has received the most backlash.

This is very sad and frankly, infuriating at times.

The hate seems to stem from a unreasonable dislike of clone characters.

Do you think this hatred is justified? If not, what do you do to combat this problem?
I hate toon link because adult link is he most awesome character, he moves realistically and is difficult to be excellent with, toon link link is goofy, his hits are hard fast and high priority even
Out of all of the characters revealed so far, Toon Link has received the most backlash.

This is very sad and frankly, infuriating at times.

The hate seems to stem from a unreasonable dislike of clone characters.

Do you think this hatred is justified? If not, what do you do to combat this problem?
Toon links hits are fast, hard, and high priority, even though he's a goofy little stupid runt. Adult link is the most awesome character, and he moves realistically, and is difficult to be great with, toon link is the size of a rabbit so half of attacks go over his head and he just floats around and does ten air attacks without touching the ground then he does his maximum priority, ridiculous duration down air which magically drops him 20 times faster than his fast fall, and his smashes magically suck you in and hit you twice everytime, I hate when Nintendo makes the stupid characters better than the , like stupid olimar is top tier and link is almost last, I think we can all agree that link is the coolest caharacter, who we grew up playing as in ocarina of time, and the stupid unrealistic version is better, how can you not understand why people hate him? Even if you like wind waker (I kind of do) he only belongs in his own game

rabbit.soaring

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rabbit.soaring
3DS FC
0130-2883-3067
I hate toon link because adult link is he most awesome character, he moves realistically and is difficult to be excellent with, toon link link is goofy, his hits are hard fast and high priority even

Toon links hits are fast, hard, and high priority, even though he's a goofy little stupid runt. Adult link is the most awesome character, and he moves realistically, and is difficult to be great with, toon link is the size of a rabbit so half of attacks go over his head and he just floats around and does ten air attacks without touching the ground then he does his maximum priority, ridiculous duration down air which magically drops him 20 times faster than his fast fall, and his smashes magically suck you in and hit you twice everytime, I hate when Nintendo makes the stupid characters better than the , like stupid olimar is top tier and link is almost last, I think we can all agree that link is the coolest caharacter, who we grew up playing as in ocarina of time, and the stupid unrealistic version is better, how can you not understand why people hate him? Even if you like wind waker (I kind of do) he only belongs in his own game
I've never played any of the LoZ games before, so I'd like to think I'm unbiased. What you said is almost entirely opinion.

Point: Link is awesome.
Counterpoint: Link sucks.

Point: Toon Link is goofy.
Counterpoint: Toon Link is awesome.

Point: Olimar is stupid and shouldn't be top tier.
Counterpoint: Olimar is incredible and should be top tier.

Toon Link is the size of a rabbit, so half of the attacks thrown at him go over his head. It's called having a small hitbox, and that's not true.

Toon Link should hit fast and have good priority, and he doesn't hit nearly as hard as Link. If I remember correctly, they even nerfed his damage in SSB4. What more do you want?

Also, I'd take TL over Young Link any day.

EDIT: Why'd you respond to the same post twice, anyway?

Last edited:

ryanenos1

Smash Rookie
I've never played any of the LoZ games before, so I'd like to think I'm unbiased. What you said is almost entirely opinion.

Point: Link is awesome.
Counterpoint: Link sucks.

Point: Toon Link is goofy.
Counterpoint: Toon Link is awesome.

Point: Olimar is stupid and shouldn't be top tier.
Counterpoint: Olimar is incredible and should be top tier.

Toon Link is the size of a rabbit, so half of the attacks thrown at him go over his head. It's called having a small hitbox, and that's not true.

Toon Link should hit fast and have good priority, and he doesn't hit nearly as hard as Link. If I remember correctly, they even nerfed his damage in SSB4. What more do you want?

Also, I'd take TL over Young Link any day.

EDIT: Why'd you respond to the same post twice, anyway?
I replied from my phone and it being silly

My main point is that toon link is better than link because the people who want to play as him need the advantage, which is socialism, and the goal of socialism is communism, are you a communist?

and its hard to hit toon link with my zair, like all the rabbit sized characters

Riskman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
weavorsomething
3DS FC
2406-5118-0663
My main point is that toon link is better than link because the people who want to play as him need the advantage, which is socialism, and the goal of socialism is communism, are you a communist?
wtf lol why would you think somebody to be communist based off the fact they like/use a character in a video game

I respect your opinion and all, but that's a bit silly don't ya think? You really just could have left it off at something like "He's annoyingly better than Brawl Link in many ways, and is annoying to fight as adult Link too. His combination of speed, priority and small size annoys me." and never gone to the weird communism accusations.

ryanenos1

Smash Rookie
wtf lol why would you think somebody to be communist based off the fact they like/use a character in a video game

I respect your opinion and all, but that's a bit silly don't ya think? You really just could have left it off at something like "He's annoyingly better than Brawl Link in many ways, and is annoying to fight as adult Link too. His combination of speed, priority and small size annoys me." and never gone to the weird communism accusations.
Sorry sir, i was just amusing myself

rabbit.soaring

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rabbit.soaring
3DS FC
0130-2883-3067

and its hard to hit toon link with my zair, like all the rabbit sized characters
Again, small hitbox. Deal with it.

That wasn't your point. You didn't have a point. Anyways, you don't really have much reason to complain now. Link is buffed, TL is nerfed, and communism isn't exactly the "goal" of socialism, per say. Communism is a more extreme version of socialism, which doesn't necessarily make it better, which means that a socialist society isn't necessarily going to try and become a communist society. Also, having one character that's considered better than another is a called having a metagame, not socialism. People who choose a character because it's stronger than another don't do so because they need the advantage to win(hopefully), but because they make the logical choice and choose the best character that suits their playstyle. Don't throw out random terms if you don't know what they mean. I like capitalism, but your implying communism is a bad thing isn't very nice. So stop. In the future, please back your argument with actual evidence, and not your half ***ed fanboy prejudice that makes you resort bashing characters for not being big, slow, and easy to hit.

Welcome to Smashboards. :happysheep:

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

This is kinda ludicrous. Don't you think?

It's possible. Just time it better.

Shog

Smash Ace
<- This needs to be real (that's why DLC costumes would be cool)

Anyways the fact that Toon Link is a clone isn't so bad, but I agree that he should have atleast SOME difference animationwise. I would love if Toon Link like DrMario would have atleast one special changed, being it Deku Leaf or somethin else.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
To be fair, animation wise, he does have about 7 or so different attack animations as well as a D-air that works completely different from Link's. I think he's probably around Falco and Ganondorf now more than the other three clones. He also has completely different costum moves which I've heard the other three clones still share with their parent characters. (Except for Dr.Mario's down special of course)

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Personally, I've always liked Toon Link. I can see why some people would dislike him, but I'm happy to have him in the game.

ryanenos1

Smash Rookie
Again, small hitbox. Deal with it.

That wasn't your point. You didn't have a point. Anyways, you don't really have much reason to complain now. Link is buffed, TL is nerfed, and communism isn't exactly the "goal" of socialism, per say. Communism is a more extreme version of socialism, which doesn't necessarily make it better, which means that a socialist society isn't necessarily going to try and become a communist society. Also, having one character that's considered better than another is a called having a metagame, not socialism. People who choose a character because it's stronger than another don't do so because they need the advantage to win(hopefully), but because they make the logical choice and choose the best character that suits their playstyle. Don't throw out random terms if you don't know what they mean. I like capitalism, but your implying communism is a bad thing isn't very nice. So stop. In the future, please back your argument with actual evidence, and not your half ***ed fanboy prejudice that makes you resort bashing characters for not being big, slow, and easy to hit.

Welcome to Smashboards. :happysheep:
Im saying its socialist because, the older/Nintendo veterans are more likely to choose to play as Link, and the younger/newer players are more likely to choose toonlink, therefore modern-day nintendos socialist ideals dictate that toon link be better than link.

I dont have a problem beating toon link, I dont like that the goofy little kid is better than the respectable elite legendary hero Link.

Link maintains the potential to play well against any character despite being such low tier, so its annoying that Toon link has most of the same potential but easier to use

rabbit.soaring

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rabbit.soaring
3DS FC
0130-2883-3067
Im saying its socialist because, the older/Nintendo veterans are more likely to choose to play as Link, and the younger/newer players are more likely to choose toonlink, therefore modern-day nintendos socialist ideals dictate that toon link be better than link.
That's actually not what socialism is. Look it up. Right now you're describing a metagame. If you have a problem that most people will want to play the stronger clone, you're just being immature. Of course people will want to play the better character. And that part about older players/Nintendo veterans being more likely to play(I assume Brawl Link, because SSB4 Link is buffed and actually viable this time) Brawl Link isn't right. Just because they're more skilled doesn't mean they play(competitively) unpopular characters.

I dont have a problem beating toon link, I dont like that the goofy little kid is better than the respectable elite legendary hero Link.
This is just your opinion, and since you don't have any actual evidence, it's not valid. If you haven't had any trouble against a character it's most likely you're not playing good players. lol respectable elite legendary hero. Seriously, stop being a fanboy.

Link maintains the potential to play well against any character despite being such low tier, so its annoying that Toon link has most of the same potential but easier to use
Now you're just being stupid. You just said "I like Link better than Toon Link, so Link should be better in every way." You're not entitled to anything, no character is easy to use, and any character can play well against any character.

Nothing you've said is valid. If you'd said something like, "I believe the Toon Link hate is justified because Toon Link is too similar to Link and doesn't add anything to the game," that might have been a start, at least.

Last edited:
Top Bottom