• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Link controller setups? (GCC)

Beanie3367

Smash Rookie
NNID
bqr1717
3DS FC
1289-8495-8484
What do you guys like to use as your controller setups for Toon Link? I just want to see my options for a controller setup before switching setups. Thanks!

Grandma Wilkins

Smash Cadet
I like to have jump set to x and l. X for normal jumping and L for Jump Canceling. I also set c-stick to attack for perfect pivot (which I don't even know lol) and y for grabbing. Everything else is standard.

Eren Swaeger

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mechs246
3DS FC
0533-6950-4814
Tap jump on. C stick set to tilt. I would use button jump with c stick set to smash only if toon link had a better dash canceled item toss throw glide.

Fluorescent

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NeoRashi
3DS FC
2122-7596-1415
Tap jump off and change the c-stick into 'Attack'.

This makes it so I can do perfect pivot tilts as Tink (which you should try, perfect pivot U-tilt is pretty good)

Crenando

Smash Cadet
NNID
discOtter
A - Jump
B - Attack
X/Y - Special
L - Shield
R - Grab
Z - Jump

Tap Jump and A+B Smash are off.

Moving the jump button closer to the C-Stick tends to make some things easier. Short hopping aerials becomes twice as trivial, stuff like that. Also, like this, I can either JC using the Z jump or normal jump mapped to A with ease.

Top Bottom