• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Link Bomb + Throw Technique

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeriora

Smash Apprentice
Now I don't have any footage of this but it's pretty simple if you imagine it.

Throw a bomb high up into the sky
Set your enemy up for a grab. Once you have the grab, pummel until the right time to throw your enemy into the falling bomb. Does a decent 10-20%.
So if the enemy is under the bomb, Up throw. if the enemy is on the left or right, forward throw or back throw .

"DO NOTE THAT FORWARD THROW HAS A DIFFERENT KNOCKBACK RATIO THAN BACK THROW"

This can also work with uptilts, setup the bomb. Do an uptilt and they should be caught in the falling bomb.
All moves can do this but I find grabs the easiest and most effective way of doing it.

Now this sounds like more of a read combo. Well sorry to break it to you, yes it is, but toon link hasn't got much lag when pulling out or throwing a bomb.
This means he can react quickly to a thrown bomb in the air.

Here are some setups.
Throw the bomb in the air when your enemy is charging at you, at the right time, grab them then throw at the right time.
Or throw a boomerang to stop your opponent and attempt to grab, if you do, you know what to do.

I'm pretty sure many of you have figured this out already as Normal Link players use this but I don't see anyone discussing this on boards.

Note: This doesn't increase knockback on throws for instance back throw. The bomb will stop the backthrow's momentum but put in the bomb explosions momentum which is significantly lower than the back throw itself.

Cheers.

Last edited:

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Dude. You've already posted this in two other threads. There is no need for this thread. Posting the same thing in multiple locations is called spam. Not to mention that this is all super obvious stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom