• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Link Bomb Jumping Help!

D

Deleted member

So most of you guys know by know that our little Tinkie has a rather bad recovery. Well, I'm here to help you guys with that.
Toon Link can do this 'amazigoodenomitastifulbulous' thing called bomb jumping. It's rather easy when you get it down, so lets go through it.

1. Pull out a bomb.
Remember kids, it's always faster to pull out a bomb if you are in the air rather than you are on the ground! Anyway, when you pull out a bomb on the ground you're locked in place! Try to pull out bombs when ever you are migrating around the stage.

2. Aerial Glide Toss
Da *** is dat? An Aerial Glide Toss is exactly what it's name implies. While holding a bomb, point your control stick up and dodge upwards with L or R. Immediately throw the bomb or else you'll lose your jumps and your recovery! This timing is rather hard at first but you'll get it! You should get a small 'kick' upwards in the air as you throw your bomb. If you got that right, let's move on to 3.

ProTip: You can throw the bomb with either A or Up on your C-Stick.

3. Assume the position!
Stay under the bomb you just thrown and use your recovery move (spin2win AKA up+b)! Even if you miss the bomb, your 'kick' upwards will aid you in your recovery. If you hit the bomb, you can use your recovery move again!

4. Get back on the stage and drink some fresh LonLon Milk.
Enjoy the day you didn't fall into the black abyss.

Practice ProTip: Practice bomb jumping by going into training mode and positioning yourself on top of the highest part of Peach's Castle (Melee). Because of the low ceiling/blast zone, this stage is ideal for bomb jumping practice. If you bomb jump correctly on the highest part of Peach's castle, Toonlink will die after you get hit with his thrown bomb. If you don't bomb jump correctly, you'll live. Surprisingly, death is a GOOD indicator.

Last edited by a moderator:

ManaX

Smash Apprentice
This guide has brought me great enlightenment.

It's worth mentioning you can air Dodge up and throw the bomb into the abyss, rinse and repeat, and stall the **** off the side of the stage.
Toon Link's got dem Pegasus Boots, goyim.

ManaX

Smash Apprentice
Call them what you will, I like the Pegasus Boots better.
They let you get around faster.

manahero

Smash Rookie
NNID
komplett_knusper
(Wrong thread, sorry)

Last edited:

brownzombie

Smash Cadet
NNID
BrownZombie
I've been playing Project M a lot lately and I've got the feeling this is really gonna help me survive longer.

justseth

Smash Rookie
Tlink also has access to some agt combos due to his ability to pull more bombs midair.
You can do AGT up - midair jump- another AGT

AGT up - pull another bomb - agt up while throwing any other direction - another AGT (good recovery mixup occasionally)

Agt up - airdodge up/back - zair (causes midair bombpunt )

AGT up - pull bomb while drifting left/right - AGT up - drift towards other bomb - drift towards other bomb - AGT up (triple agt)

Usefulness varies and I dunno if there are names for any of these. They're just swag for the most part though.

brownzombie

Smash Cadet
NNID
BrownZombie
If it makes me look cool, that's totally useful lol but really, thanks for the tips

Top Bottom