• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Link - An Advanced Guide for Wii U & 3DS

Toon Link - An Advanced Guide for Wii U & 3DS

DanishButrCookies

Smash Scientist
NNID
danishbutrcookie
3DS FC
3540-1230-7552
Danishbutrcookies submitted a new guide:

Toon Link - An Advanced Guide for Wii U & 3DS - All aboard!

Hello everyone! This is my guide for Toon Link for Super Smash Brothers Wii U and the 3DS. Toon Link is similar to Link, however he is much more nimble, with different moves and properties.

Myself? I am a veteran who has been playing since the N64 version of smash brothers. My main is "Random". This is why I understand every character in the game. I understand that most of my guides could be more in depth, so I will attempt to try as much as I can with this...
Read more about this guide...

SDMagic

Smash Rookie
That's a really nice looking guide!

There's a few things I noticed while reading that you might consider including. If you do the airdodge before pressing A to Zair you end up getting the full landing lag of the airdodge, and you can angle the boomerang everywhere between the diagonal directions by lightly tilting between the normal angles.

Really though, you covered a lot in a way that's easy to digest. Great stuff!

DanishButrCookies

Smash Scientist
NNID
danishbutrcookie
3DS FC
3540-1230-7552
That's a really nice looking guide!

There's a few things I noticed while reading that you might consider including. If you do the airdodge before pressing A to Zair you end up getting the full landing lag of the airdodge, and you can angle the boomerang everywhere between the diagonal directions by lightly tilting between the normal angles.

Really though, you covered a lot in a way that's easy to digest. Great stuff!
Thank you! I really appreciate that. I'll incorporate that information. You are also right about the landing lag on the Zair, I mentioned that if you air dodge then zair it auto cancels, but it's good to be specific! Thanks again.

Danishbutrcookies updated Toon Link - An Advanced Guide for Wii U & 3DS with a new update entry:

Grammar & Specific Information.

Hookshot section: You receive full landing lag if an aerial is done before the Zair and no air dodge is done before it.
Boomerang section: You can angle the boomerang slightly.
Read the rest of this update entry...

Danishbutrcookies updated Toon Link - An Advanced Guide for Wii U & 3DS with a new update entry:

Update list from patches

• Removed a bug where he can cancel the aerial lag with the Bomb....
Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited by a moderator:

#KingM

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3926-6730-0487
Again, excellent guide. I do think Toon Link is not as great as he was in Brawl, but, he's still a viable threat, and not to be taken lightly, otherwise you will be punished severely.

DanishButrCookies

Smash Scientist
NNID
danishbutrcookie
3DS FC
3540-1230-7552
Again, excellent guide. I do think Toon Link is not as great as he was in Brawl, but, he's still a viable threat, and not to be taken lightly, otherwise you will be punished severely.
Oh yeah I think so too. There are some people/characters that can't handle projectiles. Toon Link is one of the most perfect in those situations.

Last edited:

Zahntavier

Smash Rookie
Nice introductory guide dude, but I don't think Toon Link has the jump-cancelled up-smash in this game. You mentioned it twice. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

You could also link to the AT list on this forum, maybe as additional reading ...this guide is a good jumping off point for interested players, while that list is just super exhaustive and detailed.

Cheers,
Zahntavier

DanishButrCookies

Smash Scientist
NNID
danishbutrcookie
3DS FC
3540-1230-7552

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom