• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Too Much David Bowie mafia - Endgame: A Macabre Shrine of Remains

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
ah

i see the "always lynch nabe in times of doubt" rule is holding strong

some things never change

Kantrip

Kantplay
For real though, good game Nabe! And everyone else!

Apologies to Bard for being so blatantly wrong on my initial feel of him. I swear my N1 re-read completely remedied it and made me hate soup but I died too soon to prove it.

A little sad Shish replaced out as SK, makes the victory feel slightly more hollow knowing it was a baton pass of a slot. Nabe still played well even after shooting the last mafioso though, won his way out of a tough spot with a bingo on him which by all rights should have been his death. Deserved win for sure.

Unfortunate stroke of luck that we crippled the mafia with a pseudo-shot in the dark, if the lynch went to a different inactive (heaven forbid it could have even been Maven) things could have gone much differently for them. Props to soup for reading the room and being able to completely discredit Bardull and hinder town discussion without getting any suspicion on him at the time and in fact getting people on his side, even. Understandable though that after Fire's lynch motivation to try to win went down as it became way harder.

I don't hold it against the townies who made the wrong call in MyLo. It's tough to be in that position and having the perspective of the dead chat and being removed from the game can make things way clearer. We all wanna say that it should be obvious that Maven being SK would be unrealistic because he would have to make a hard read on who the real FBI agent is and call a guilty on them before they post, but Nabe did a good job of giving reasonable doubt that that was a possibility and when you look at his play vs Maven's alone it's a harder sell.

I do hold it against Maven a little bit that his play can be summed up as "forgot about the game, came in and accidentally slipped that he was the PR, disappeared again and then failed to fight for the win when he had a bingo on the last scum and was deadlocked with him," but sometimes the fight's just not there I guess. I understand even if I'm saddened that I no longer have a 100% win-rate since my return to DGames.

Thanks Moydow for hosting, you put a lot of work into flavour for the game and your passionate fervour for Bowie was readily apparent. I had fun despite getting brutally launched into space in a tin can so early.

Last edited:

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
I'll say what I said in the Dead PM so that there's receipts on this:

Every faction needs to be united for them to win. I get that gambits and other stuff is fun but town has to ask themselves this the same way that scum do: "What's the worst case scenario when I make a gambit? What's the best case scenario? What if I'm wrong?" - If we went by my reads alone in PyP after Day 1, we would have probably lost the game. when the uninformed majority start biting heads at each other and refuse to work together, problems will arise very fast - working as a team helps a lot. scum love inactivity and wine (which gambits and night action can sometimes produce for them) - It keeps the focus off of killing and finding scum. yes, the uninformed majority were biting each other's heads in PyP too, but at least we knew why we were and most of us were doing it in a cooperative way - to reach a greater conclusion.

good job nabe, and good job everyone that still played.

also, for the record so I have receipts on this too:

LyLo > MyLo - Every time.

Top Bottom