• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Too many codes" issue

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
I've added a bunch of codes to 3.6b, ASL and music volume adjustments, but now I can't seem to get PM to launch (it works fine with either ASL or the volume codes, but not both together). If I try launching through Gecko rather than the PM launcher, it tells me there are too many codes, and the PM launcher brings me back to the Wii menu. Is there any way around this, or do I need to give up and shrink down my codeset? And yes, I do have gameconfig.txt on my card; is there something I can modify in this file maybe?

EDIT: I tried removing some codes and messing around with some things, and it turns out the issue is actually the volume adjustments codes, they no longer work in 3.6.

Last edited:

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
The codes themselves aren't the problem. The volume adjustments or the costume expansion codes are okay, what's wrong is the overall size of the gct. Project M has grown so big that the codes are barely fitting the space defined by the gameconfig.txt, so adding a few more lines makes it not work anymore.

Try placing this gameconfig.txt in the root of your sd card, this should fix this issue and allow you to use a bunch of extra codes in your codesets.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/07qh9rzt99ju43q/gameconfig.txt

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Awesome, thanks! I'll give it a shot when I get home and report back. I figured there was a way to work with that file to expand it even further, but my little experiments all resulted in crashes.

Last edited:
The codes themselves aren't the problem. The volume adjustments or the costume expansion codes are okay, what's wrong is the overall size of the gct. Project M has grown so big that the codes are barely fitting the space defined by the gameconfig.txt, so adding a few more lines makes it not work anymore.

Try placing this gameconfig.txt in the root of your sd card, this should fix this issue and allow you to use a bunch of extra codes in your codesets.

You're the man, thank you for the prompt and informative responses.

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
No luck. The PM launcher still crashes before the strap/logo screen. I think it might an issue with my code set, specifically the volume codes.

Here's the code set I'm using. I've tried that old Java GCTEdit tool and BrawlBox to make the GCT from the txt file, both of which seem to work fine (I've been able to load my set with just the ASL codes - I must have been mistaken when I thought the volume codes worked fine on their own).

http://www.mediafire.com/view/9ctcetozs30g1m3/RSBE01.txt

EDIT: I think I may have found the issue. Manually editing the file, I forgot about the byte count value. I'll test that and report back.

Last edited:

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
The volume code seems to be wrong. In this line, the AC should be a higher value (161C4000 000000AC)
Try changing 161C4000 000000AC with 161C4000 00000150.

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
The volume code seems to be wrong. In this line, the AC should be a higher value (161C4000 000000AC)
Try changing 161C4000 000000AC with 161C4000 00000150.
I caught that just before this post, and that did it! Thanks again for the help.

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
So I hate to bump this old thread, but how would I go about increasing the gameconfig size even further? I'm not quite understanding what each value means in this file, and now with 3.6 with full ASL, Cbliss, and volume expansion, I'm going past the limit even further.

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110

I think I've reached my limit, even on this new codeset. Is there any way to add even more lines of code? It starts loading Brawl instead of PM, so I think that's my hint.

Top Bottom