• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~Tome of The Dragmire~ v1.5

Mr. Pants

Smash Apprentice
side b > d tilt > a
good at start of match against everyone i've fought so far
side b> anything. i usually try for side b dtilt something
the dorf is fun.

Griffard

Smash Ace
sliq has a better guide find it and love it shin plays lucario now
Agreed, Sliq plays Bowser now though, so that won't be updated either. Maybe i'll make one guide that has all of the useful information that can be constantly updated.

side b > d tilt > a
good at start of match against everyone i've fought so far
side b> anything. i usually try for side b dtilt something
the dorf is fun.
That IS a good combo to start out with, but a human opponent can actually DI out of dtilt range every time with any character, just to let you know before you try using that on humans
You know what I miss? Ganondorfs purple costume change. :(

But, I moved on to his Red one.

A lot of people use his Old Manondorf costume.
I used the purple one too! I thought I was the only one. His last alt, (the black one?) has a cape that's most similar to the purple alt of old, so I use that occasionally. I like blue because bludorf looks like poseidon, but green and red are also neat. Grampadorf is overused, so I've been cutting down on that one

Griffard

Smash Ace
Lol...Sliq quit Ganon too? Man this is like starting to be a trend now... O_o
Yeah he really doesn't play at him at all anymore. Jekyll has been doing well, and I think that I'm okay and i'll be going to some tourneys. I encourage all the Ganon users to try and use Ganon some in tournaments so we can get his rankings up and raise his appeal

Gleam

Smash Ace
Yeah he really doesn't play at him at all anymore. Jekyll has been doing well, and I think that I'm okay and i'll be going to some tourneys. I encourage all the Ganon users to try and use Ganon some in tournaments so we can get his rankings up and raise his appeal
Agreed. We really do need some updates on the Ganon guides. Add some things in like Gojira's Utilt and F-throw--->Wizard Foot. Darn you Sliq for betraying us for the likes of Bowser...

And seriously, we need some tournament results. Its bad enough we're the the second worst tourney result wise...but below Jigglypuff? That just shouldn't be...

Seriously Griffard, I think we'd all be ready for an update, so if you think you can do it, go right ahead.

Metal_Dave

Smash Journeyman
I get some pretty decent results with him from tourneys, but I'm going to be out of the tourney scene for a while since school is starting up for me again. =\

Griffard

Smash Ace
I get some pretty decent results with him from tourneys, but I'm going to be out of the tourney scene for a while since school is starting up for me again. =\
Me too, plus I have all AP classes, i'm in the top youth orchestra in my state and I need to apply for prep schools. Haha but my weekends are still open for tourneys! I'll give it my all

Metal_Dave

Smash Journeyman
Me too, plus I have all AP classes, i'm in the top youth orchestra in my state and I need to apply for prep schools. Haha but my weekends are still open for tourneys! I'll give it my all
Yeah your pretty much not going to have time for practice anymore lol. ;]

I'm pretty schmexy :ganondorf: :D

going to a tourney this saturday lets see how I do
Yes you are. :D
Good luck with the tourney dude.

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
Agreed. We really do need some updates on the Ganon guides. Add some things in like Gojira's Utilt and F-throw--->Wizard Foot. Darn you Sliq for betraying us for the likes of Bowser...

And seriously, we need some tournament results. Its bad enough we're the the second worst tourney result wise...but below Jigglypuff? That just shouldn't be...

Seriously Griffard, I think we'd all be ready for an update, so if you think you can do it, go right ahead.
What the, gojira's adding ganondorf advice? I didn't know he played ganny... I guess he and I haven't played brawl in a while, so I suppose it's possible. Let's see!

hyperstation

Smash Lord
Umm can you explain how to do the "foxtrot"
Foxtrotting is achieved by tapping the control stick forward consecutively, linking together a string of short dash attacks. Ganon has a pretty bad fox trot, and he's faster simply running. Foxtrotting isn't very widely used in part because of Brawl's tripping mechanic.

Youtube it. You'll find plenty.

LongCat90001

Smash Cadet
Foxtrotting is achieved by tapping the control stick forward consecutively, linking together a string of short dash attacks. Ganon has a pretty bad fox trot, and he's faster simply running. Foxtrotting isn't very widely used in part because of Brawl's tripping mechanic.

Youtube it. You'll find plenty.
I did youtube it and i couldnt find any. Also, shin makes it sound like it is a good technique and is better than dash dancing, so are you sure tahts what he is talking about? He says its when ganondorf spins in circles really fast.

hyperstation

Smash Lord
Shin posted a video with fox trotting right in this thread: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5qVDsDHJ4Y .

Also, this guide was written in February...it's 7 months later, and a lot has changed. If you can use foxtrotting to your advantage, go ahead, and please share it with us, but as far as I'm concerned it's situational at best. The fact that you can faceplant every time you do a trot makes it so unreliable and offers little to no advantage over standard walk/run/dash spacing.

Just my 2 cents, though. You should experiment with it and see what you get.

DQP

Smash Ace
nice guide. ganondorf is a great char and i bet a lot of people can look forward to unlocking his potential.

Gleam

Smash Ace
Honestly, running speed means little to jack. Falcon's fast running speed isn't helping him, Snake's slow running speed isn't hurting him. It seriously wouldn't matter if Ganon could run 2 steps per hour, or 2 steps per second.

So I really don't understand all the fuss there is unless you just plain out want a faster run for Ganondorf.

GotenOnNimbus

Smash Apprentice
I mainly use foxtrotting for the funky sounds it makes, nothing more. To me, it's like the equivalent to Jaws coming....The "Gwuh, gwuh, gwuh" sound it makes.

hyperstation

Smash Lord
I mainly use foxtrotting for the funky sounds it makes, nothing more. To me, it's like the equivalent to Jaws coming....The "Gwuh, gwuh, gwuh" sound it makes.
I revoke my argument...there is indeed a use for foxtrotting. Ganon approaches are scary. Slow, slow perfect shield walking is really terrifying...causes panic to ensue.

~Shin~

Smash Apprentice
I revoke my argument...there is indeed a use for foxtrotting. Ganon approaches are scary. Slow, slow perfect shield walking is really terrifying...causes panic to ensue.
Yea, I agree.
I don't fox-trot anymore, or hardly play Ganondorf anymore, but, if you approach slow and tilt you usually get good results.
Ganondorf is hard to play offensively because you get punished for being offensive unlike my current main who gets away with a lot more.

new stuff I'll throw on this post.

Its fun to wizards foot at the right length away from a drop-off ledge, you can instantly do any aerial attack or even a recovery.
cool beans.
your dash attack is how you speed up getting from point a to point b, but, if you are chasing an opponent thats way out there trying to recover, a dash attack or two and a well timed wizards foot can get you there fast and attacking right away.

Always looking for a way to speed Ganon up. ~Shin

hyperstation

Smash Lord
Yea, I agree.
I don't fox-trot anymore, or hardly play Ganondorf anymore, but, if you approach slow and tilt you usually get good results.
Ganondorf is hard to play offensively because you get punished for being offensive unlike my current main who gets away with a lot more.

new stuff I'll throw on this post.

Its fun to wizards foot at the right length away from a drop-off ledge, you can instantly do any aerial attack or even a recovery.
cool beans.
your dash attack is how you speed up getting from point a to point b, but, if you are chasing an opponent thats way out there trying to recover, a dash attack or two and a well timed wizards foot can get you there fast and attacking right away.

Always looking for a way to speed Ganon up. ~Shin

Aw, shin, you've been gone TOO long. Wiz Kick Canceling has gotten pretty complex since your days of yore. We still love you, though. :lick:

TP

Smash Master
My God, this is the oldest thing in the history of forever. Shin, if you do not use Grampadorf, you should switch. Otherwise you are living a lie, hoping to be youthful when you are not. :)

hyperstation

Smash Lord
Well, I'm convinced...reviving this thread has been a completely worthwhile endeavor.

Thanks, FD. Thanks.

PS- Shin, check out my newest video in DAD's SMASH LAB. It's ALLLLLLL about Wizard Kick Canceling.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
LOL, the day after I leave Shin a shoutout at AiB, he decides to take a peek at the Brawl Ganon boards once more.

Too good.

Top Bottom