• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tome Instant Recovery

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
So I've run across an interesting phenomenon a few times when playing online. At least I think I have. Sometimes when doing a manipulated tome discard with d-tilt I'll find myself holding the tome without having to air-grab it or anything. Has anyone else experienced this? The next time it happens I'm going to try to save the replay and upload it. I'm pretty sure it happened but honestly I was so shocked each time I'm not sure what to believe, but this could be really huge for Robin's equipment recovery game if it's true.

Also if it does work I vote we call it "TIRED" :shades:

Edit: So I confirmed this phenomenon with the Robins of Ylisse discord, specifically AiKio, who explained that this tech allows Robin to grab a discarding item with any of her tilts. This is definitely a game-changer for item play with Robin. I have yet to test anything myself but I'm looking forward to favorable results.

Last edited:

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
It was originally called "Tome Instant REcovery Downtilt" when I thought the technique only worked with d-tilts; the acronym TIRE'd still makes sense though it's not an actual good Robin pun or anything. Was the best I could come up with in 5 minutes when posting this. Honestly I'd like to say something better, I just hope people don't call it something impossible to pronounce like "Librarying" lol

eagle_master

Smash Cadet
NNID
roustik
3DS FC
2852-7293-3760
From what I got, it's possible to do it on frame 2 and 3 after the end lag of the move that the tome was used since the tome are disposed on frame 1 but the Dtilt will take priority over disposing the tome.

Edit: So, after more testing (out of boredom), both Uptilt and Dtilt have to be on frame 2-3 and using side tilt right after the spell make you grab the tome immediately.

Last edited:

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
From what I got, it's possible to do it on frame 2 and 3 after the end lag of the move that the tome was used since the tome are disposed on frame 1 but the Dtilt will take priority over disposing the tome.

Edit: So, after more testing (out of boredom), both Uptilt and Dtilt have to be on frame 2-3 and using side tilt right after the spell make you grab the tome immediately.
Ah thanks eagle_master eagle_master I didn't know why I didn't notice this before. So it seems like dtilt a couple frames after or side tilt might be fastest and most reliable way to do it. I'll have to try to integrate the instant recovery into gameplay more.

Top Bottom