• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tom Nook For Smash Bros. Ultimate: Double Final Smash Duty (New Horizons Avaiable Now!!)

Judd

Smash Rookie
Really big news guys! Apparently, Chrom still appears in Robin's Final Smash. This means Tom Nook is back in business, we just have to hope for a Echo Fighter DLC or free updates!

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Really big news guys! Apparently, Chrom still appears in Robin's Final Smash. This means Tom Nook is back in business, we just have to hope for a Echo Fighter DLC or free updates!
I've been waiting for this to be brought up. Tom Nook was the first character I thought of when I heard that

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
With a new Animal Crossing on the horizon, I have the faintest hope that by some miracle, the next Nintendo Direct will open with a shot of Tom Nook at the desk from the end of Isabelle's trailer, as Pete walks in to give him a last-minute invitation to Smash.
I'd be especially stoked if the new pole vault they've added is used as one of his specials.

Laniv

Smash Lord
I'm surprised that this thread has been completely abandoned, especially since Byleth proves 1st parties are still on the table and New Horizons is right around the corner.

Hmmm... Now that you mention it, there's still a handful of Animal Crossing characters that don't have spirits! Plus, with potentially more on the horizon (guh-huh!), we could easily fill out a DLC spirit board!

The only downside is that he's in two Final Smashes, but then again...:ultchrom:

Laniv

Smash Lord
Soooo.... how about that Animal Crossing direct, huh?

1582213786290.png

I will say, it's very refreshing to see ol' Nook as the frontman (frontraccoon?) for an Animal Crossing game again.

Laniv

Smash Lord
Well, we're now almost two weeks away from New Horizon's launch, and in my opinion, things are looking quite good for Tom Nook. Let's look at what we know so far.
1583202039592.png

1583201795658.png

In this game Tom Nook is responsible for the basic premise. Considering his company Nook, Inc., the NookPhone, and Nook Miles, Mr. Nook is more closely entwined with the game than ever before.

It seems that he's back to his position as one of the more prominent Animal Crossing characters after taking a backseat to Isabelle in the New Leaf era. In fact, considering he is the one offering the Deserted Island Getaway Package, you could say that he is the mascot for it like Isabelle was for the 3DS title.

If Nintendo and Sakurai both want it, and Sakurai doesn't see Final Smashes as an auto-deconfirm, then this is the golden opportunity to add Tom Nook to Smash!
1583202529019.png

Let's hope he join the battle in Super Smash Bros as a new business venture! ;)

Laniv

Smash Lord
So, you've probably heard the news about a new ARMS fighter joining the game.

If it ends up being Spring Man, this could open the doors for our favorite tanuki to join the battle!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I believe that Tom Nook representing New Horizons could be a real possibility for this pass. The AC NH spirits put a bit of a damper on it but that was all the new characters and none of the updated designs of the classics so the spirit board could still work.

Laniv

Smash Lord
Man, it's been a while. Hope everyone is still enjoying New Horizons a year in.

We now have a look at the Tom Nook and Isabelle plushies from Build-A-Bear.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Hey guys, Tom Nook is being discussed on the Character Exploration Thread
Come down here if you want to talk about him and give people some info on the guy

Laniv

Smash Lord
Well, the DLC has officially ended, and Sora from Kingdom Hearts is the final fighter.

But am I disappointed? Actually, quite the opposite. I'm really excited for Sora, even if I've never completed a Kingdom Hearts game.

True, it sucks that Tom Nook was one of many 1st-party characters that got deconfirmed on Day 1, but it is what it is. Besides, now we know that Animal Crossing isn't going anywhere anytime soon, Tom Nook has plenty of advantages for the next Smash game.

Courage, Nook supporters! Our time will come someday!

...But for now, it's nice to simply rest.

1633577877823.png

Top Bottom