• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TOASTYYYYYYYYY! Scorpion for Smash!

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Not trying to sound typical but do you think Disney would approve the idea of having Sora fight Scorpion?
I mean, they approved of having Yes-This-Is-An-Extremely-Blatant-Kano-Reference-But-It's-Not-Kano-We-Swear show up in Wreck-It Ralph. Why don't we ask this after Sora joins assuming it ever happens?

D

Deleted member

I mean, they approved of having Yes-This-Is-An-Extremely-Blatant-Kano-Reference-But-It's-Not-Kano-We-Swear show up in Wreck-It Ralph. Why don't we ask this after Sora joins assuming it ever happens?
Despite the film released in 2012? I'm not sure if what I'm saying is a counterargument

UserKev

Smash Champion
Scorpion, Crash, Sora and Travis, I see as a better hype wave for next Smash, that makes Ultimate's guest DLC wave kinda pathetic in comparison. Smash Wii U/3DS even has a better wave with Cloud, Ryu and Bayo, great magic. If they aren't added, Ultimate's DLC wave will look niche in future generations.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Scorpion, Crash, Sora and Travis, I see as a better hype wave for next Smash, that makes Ultimate's guest DLC wave kinda pathetic in comparison. Smash Wii U/3DS even has a better wave with Cloud, Ryu and Bayo, great magic. If they aren't added, Ultimate's DLC wave will look niche in future generations.
I wouldn't write Crash out so easily quite yet, seeing how swimmingly his series has been doing this gen and supposedly Acti's 5-year plan may result in him getting into Ultimate. He's the only one you mention that doesn't have any particularly big barriers to go through, solely because no one knows what Acti's stance on Smash dealings is.

With 4 spots left, there may yet be some wild cards left up the sleeve.

So anyway, now that Crash's latest game's out...

If that skin doesn't remind one of Scorpion, nothing does.

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
Not really relevant to the topic, but I think its seriously time for a new owner of this support thread. The OP is basically outdated and un-updated. Its tiring to see such an iconic mascot with an under maintained thread that deserves better.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Not really relevant to the topic, but I think its seriously time for a new owner of this support thread. The OP is basically outdated and un-updated. Its tiring to see such an iconic mascot with an under maintained thread that deserves better.
I already own the Waluigi support thread, unless you can take multiple. :nifty: I wouldn't mind revising the OP.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Dang, apart of me doesn't want Scorpion in Smash Ultimate anymore because its gameplay is so rigged. Would love for it to happen next Smash. What's odd tho, Ultimate's gameplay looks to offer the best versatile for Scorpion.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Dang, apart of me doesn't want Scorpion in Smash Ultimate anymore because its gameplay is so rigged. Would love for it to happen next Smash. What's odd tho, Ultimate's gameplay looks to offer the best versatile for Scorpion.
Next game will likely offer some upgrades, but good luck bringing that up over a sea of "but my complete returning roster!". 😓

7NATOR

Smash Master
I don't think I posted here before, but I've definitely been lurking around here

Guys I just want to say, For Some reason I think Scorpion might actually be the character I'm most Confident in Joining FP2. I give Small Subset of Reasons

-Ed Boon Down for Idea
-MK11 I Believe was #1 in April and/or May of 2019, even on Switch, and was a top game for months to come
-Arc Systems might be giving an hint toward more Fighting game Content in the future
-Mortal Kombat Vs Street Fighter
-Mortal Kombat Appeals to the More Mature Audience, kind of like how Joker did, except Mortal Kombat is much more Mainstream
-Bayonetta can get Eaten by the Hellfire like Kamiya wanted

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Probably right. I'd like a Soul Calibur character too though as aforementioned, so no Heihachi on the roster is still good for me either way.

Oh yeah, this is something of relevance.

Jury's still out on that though.
Wow. Is there an update on this?
It would do wonders for the slowly fading idea of Nintendo = Kid stuff, if they owned Mortal Kombat.
I almost wish Nintendo DID have a few more 2nd parties that were more adult oriented- if Disney can own Huly, Fox, and FXX, then Nintendo can Get Over Here with some more graphic content and a warning.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Wow. Is there an update on this?
It would do wonders for the slowly fading idea of Nintendo = Kid stuff, if they owned Mortal Kombat.
I almost wish Nintendo DID have a few more 2nd parties that were more adult oriented- if Disney can own Huly, Fox, and FXX, then Nintendo can Get Over Here with some more graphic content and a warning.
Unfortunately, AT&T ended up not selling off WB/MK, but some other things they owned.

7NATOR

Smash Master
One thing I think about is how would Scorpion Alts Work Exactly?

I Don't know if all of his alts would be His different Outfits from the Series, there is so many and that's alot of Modeling to Do

So I'm gonna guess The Other Ninjas would be alts. would they be Named?, And Would they have certain changes to make them feel closer to themselves rather than Scorpion. Would they be voiced?

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
I imagine he'd have the other ninja colors just as references, not actual alts. You have to change all the ninjas too much to make them works as skins. Be weird to have Rain using a bunch of fire.

I personally think sakurai would go with the klassic design as it's the most iconic and the palette swaps would look like the klassic versions of all the characters.

1. Default
2. Blue (Sub-Zero)
3. Green (Reptile)
4. Red (Ermac)
5. Gray (Smoke)
6. Black (Noob)
7. Purple (Rain)
8. Brown (Tremor) or they could make his modern design a special alt.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I think it is possible that we could have an echo that works as Sub Zero. Though the likelihood of that may be minimal.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Do you guys think there is a chance they might add the MK theme by The Immortals even though it originated in the movie? I would love to hear it in Smash but I'm pretty sure every song in Smash originated in a video game.

D

Deleted member

So because Sephiroth is in Smash, Sub-Zero anyone?

Last edited by a moderator:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
So because Sephiroth is in Smash, Sub-Zero anyone?
I kind of want them to do a thing where you can pick from Scorpion, Sub-Zero, and Reptile variations of one ninja character, Triborg-style.

Matadormon

Smash Apprentice
Sorry if I sound late, but do you guys think that Warner Bros. is more open to collaborate with Nintendo for Scorpion in Smash? If they’re interested of course. Because my main concern is is that Disney vetoed Sora, for example. Do you guys think that Warner Bros. might do the same for Scorpion or no?

UserKev

Smash Champion
Sorry if I sound late, but do you guys think that Warner Bros. is more open to collaborate with Nintendo for Scorpion in Smash? If they’re interested of course. Because my main concern is is that Disney vetoed Sora, for example. Do you guys think that Warner Bros. might do the same for Scorpion or no?
It will probably be Ed Boon who will get the ok from Warner Bros. I don't see Warner Bros inherently passing up on the celebration rather if their interested or not due to the extra exposure it'd bring to MK.

Matadormon

Smash Apprentice
It will probably be Ed Boon who will get the ok from Warner Bros. I don't see Warner Bros inherently passing up on the celebration rather if their interested or not due to the extra exposure it'd bring to MK.
Well, tbh, that is true. I’m pretty sure Ed Boon will get his desire, which is Street Fighter vs Mortal Kombat, lmao. And tbh, Smash may promote Mortal Kombat in Japan, giving it the exposure it needs.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well, tbh, that is true. I’m pretty sure Ed Boon will get his desire, which is Street Fighter vs Mortal Kombat, lmao. And tbh, Smash may promote Mortal Kombat in Japan, giving it the exposure it needs.
If anything, it's only the licensing money that's a concern in this case, since WB is pretty huge. More than worth it, though.

Also, part of me would be fine with Sak awkwardly admitting MK is hard to come by in Japan without importing.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I know this is a Scorpion board but I'm just doing it out of boredom and since I made Classic Mode for Scorpion, here's Sub-Zero
Sub-Zero Klassic Mode
1. :ultmario:, :ultluigi: (Mushroom Kingdom)
Music: Ground Theme-Super Mario Bros.

2. :ultbowser: (Mushroomy Kingdom Ω)
Music: Fated Battle

3. :ultcharizard: (Pokémon Stadium 2)
Music: Main Theme-Pokémon Red & Blue (Brawl)

Bonus Stage

4. :ultroy: (Castle Siege)
Music: Winning Road (Roy's Hope)

5. Team :ultrob:, Ally Grey :ultgreninja: (Reset Bomb Forest Ω)
Music: The Living Forest-Mortal Kombat (2011)

6. Dracula (Dracula's Castle)
Music: Throne Room

Final Stage: Scorpion (The Pit)
Music: Can't Be Stopped

References
1-4. No references to anything other than Sub-Zero, being an ice-based fighter fighting against fire-based fighters.

5: Team :ultrob: referencing the Lin-Kuei cyborgs and a Grey :ultgreninja: referencing Smoke, a friend of Sub-Zero.

6. Dracula referencing Shao Kahn.

Final Stage: Referencing the famous rivalry throughout the series with the song "Can't Be Stopped" being used as a reference to the reveal trailer for Mortal Kombat X.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom