• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TOASTYYYYYYYYY! Scorpion for Smash!

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I have a new idea for a Final Smash:

Given Mortal Kombat is such a ridiculous game, as campy as it is gorey, I'd love to see the old style of stop motion animation come back- with actual people being used to team attack another player.

In fact I solely want Scorpion in for this reason now (at least, it is my top reason).
Oh geez, I want to see this animation style incorporated briefly into Smash Bros.

Even without the rumors he's not really a shocking reveal to me. People would want to see him fight Terminator in a game, just as people were big on Alien vs Predator in MKX. At least he's voiced by the original portrayer though (Peter Weller) unlike Terminator which doesn't have Arnold but a standin voice.

Now the Friendships returning was actually a surprise. It's the last thing you'd expect with how ultra-gritty and seriously MK's taken itself at this point, and looks oddly out of place now with that said. Would've preferred Animalities, but I know they'd be harder to animate for every character, so can settle with this. I guess the wait continues for Ash Williams. Seeing how pivotal Shang Tsung actually is to the story aftermath is pleasing.
Arnold is too busy letting Llamas eat off of his plate.

This is a real thing. Please look it up. And follow him on social media.
It's Coronavirus good news.

Last edited:

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
OK seeing as Friendships are back; and people seem to love them... why not having the Friendship being the Final Smash?

The idea is the following, as Scorpion is about to activate his Final Smash; we hear the "Finish Him/Her/Them" voice. As that happens, the screen zooms it at Scorpion as he launches his infamous spear. He yells "get over here" and while it seems he will drag whomever his spear will meet as it travels; truth is it went after the giant teddy bear!

However, as the bear heads onto Scorpion; it creates a press-like movement, as it crushes all those "poor souls" who got in the way of the yellow and black ninja, and his beloved teddy bear. Causing major damage to characters with low percent damage, and launching off the stage all of those with a huge damage percent!

Let us watch Scorpion´s Friendship video.

Let´s say Scorpion is fighting Luigi, Simon and Ness at Hyrule Temple.

Scorpion has broken the Smash Ball. And so he proceeds to activate his Final Smash as seen in 0:00.

Luigi and Simon are in front of him. Ness is far away, basically it is a FS with similar works as most of those from the Fire Emblem people.

0:01 Scorpion has launched his spear, says "Get Over Here!", the spear travels across Luigi and Simon, but instead of getting impaled and dragged by it, they are surprised nothing happened, but as they try to look around in their wonder... 0:02, here comes a huge teddy bear towards them, it takes them violently towards Scorpion at a great speed. Luigi originally had 17% damage, this causes for him to rise it to 54% and Simon was around 89%, giving him way more damage, enough for an instant K.O. and launching him off stage. Since Ness was not anywhere around in the path of the bear, of course nothing happens to him.

Simon is gone, Luigi has received high damage, all while Scorpion holds his treasured bear.

Anyway, hope that was clear.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
With Heihachi no longer in the running (for now at least), thoughts on Scorpion now? Doesn't change anything in the sense that the FP2 characters were already chosen, but just for current perspective.

Also, I liked the MK11 Aftermath story more than I thought, even with the expected shortcomings. Can say I prefer it to the 2nd half of the base game story at least, with Shang Tsung's role and all.

D

Deleted member

Me and brother had a little discussion and that imagine if Sakurai adds in Mileena over Scorpion and his reason is because Ed Boon wants her much like with the producer of Arms wants Min Min over Springman

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
With Heihachi no longer in the running (for now at least), thoughts on Scorpion now? Doesn't change anything in the sense that the FP2 characters were already chosen, but just for current perspective.

Also, I liked the MK11 Aftermath story more than I thought, even with the expected shortcomings. Can say I prefer it to the 2nd half of the base game story at least, with Shang Tsung's role and all.
Still has to contend with Guilty Gear and Soulcalibur. Still not suspecting him given Mortal Kombat's lack of popularity and localizing in Japan.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Probably right. I'd like a Soul Calibur character too though as aforementioned, so no Heihachi on the roster is still good for me either way.

Oh yeah, this is something of relevance.

Jury's still out on that though.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Anyone else watched this?

Scorpion reached number 29 in the poll. I believe Scorpion is established in the speculation scene by this point. Scorp may drop lower, but at least he's generally wanted.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Still waiting for this thread to see a new owner if the original won't partake in anything..

UserKev

Smash Champion
Still waiting for this thread to see a new owner if the original won't partake in anything..

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
After trying on my Scorpion face mask that came with the MK11 preorder for the first time not too long ago, I lowkey want to cosplay him someday now.

It's funny, because when we first had that little face mask that came with the game in 2019, we all thought we would never use it or there wouldn't be much use for it, but then COVID happened, and Ed Boon was like "Whose laughing now?" as far as it.

UserKev

Smash Champion
I think the Pit would be a bland stage for Scorpion, especially sense it'd heavily revolve around right or left kills. Scorpion's Lair or Kahn's Arena would be better since there is just more going on in them. Scorpion's Lair would have stunning lava and Kahn's Arena would be brilliant.

UserKev

Smash Champion
What about a stage that utilizes 3’s stage change gimmick? Send somebody through the upper blast zone high enough without star ko-ing, and the battle is moved up a layer. Stage starts in hell, then there’s the subway, and finally the empty streets.
Creative and innovative for a third party rep, but very unlikely. Scorpion is getting a stand alone stage.

Assuming Scorpion ever gets in tho, background cameos would be amazing.

UserKev

Smash Champion
What about a stage that utilizes 3’s stage change gimmick? Send somebody through the upper blast zone high enough without star ko-ing, and the battle is moved up a layer. Stage starts in hell, then there’s the subway, and finally the empty streets.
Creative and innovative for a third party rep, but very unlikely. Scorpion is getting a stand alone stage.

UserKev

Smash Champion

D

Deleted member

I asked this in the Sub-Zero board with no answer and I want someone to clarify. Is it true that MK11 is sold in Japan? It probably means nothing but again.
EYqSaj1UcAACAka.jpeg

Matadormon

Smash Apprentice
I asked this in the Sub-Zero board with no answer and I want someone to clarify. Is it true that MK11 is sold in Japan? It probably means nothing but again.View attachment 283839
Most likely imported through Amazon or Rakuten. Because only those two sell Mortal Kombat games in Japan, including the reboot, 10 and 11.

Last edited:

Matadormon

Smash Apprentice
So is it not technically banned as people say it is?
The correct term is not localized. Mortal Kombat isn’t banned in Japan, because Japanese gamers can still buy the game through Amazon or their own online store Rakuten. Hell, Mortal Kombat merchandise such as action figures are still sold there on Rakuten. Also, fun fact: did you know that Mortal Kombat made a cameo appearance in a Japanese anime called Hi-Score Girl!?

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773

I hope he’s for real there in teasing animalities. We got friendships back after all...

And yeah, there seems to have been a common misconception between banned and just not being localized far as MK’s status in Japan.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
So that recently revealed kombat pack for MK11...

Happy for most of the Mileena fans, though have to question if she worth all the ridicule by Boon and the community to get to this point. Would've prerferred one of the other rumored femme fatales since she had already been in plenty games, but was still a glaring omission from the base roster, so whatever.

Rain isn't a staple like her though, and was already a DLC in MK9. I'm not happy with his addition. This image from reddit pretty much sums it up for me-

174korqmjwr51.jpg

Suppose he was something of a package deal with Mileena since they prolly wanted to keep the number of male and female ninjas the same, but would've taken having one of the other ninjas back (namely Reptile or Ermac) if that's the case, since again, Rain isn't a staple. Really is a scent of favoritism. Funny too when Boon once said there wouldn't be repeat DLC, but I guess like any rules in Mortal Kombat, such claims can eventually be broken.

Onto the 3rd parties, Ash Williams I'm sure was planned at some point, but covid may have changed things around. Rambo felt like a meh consolation prize at first, but is starting to grow on me. At least they got Stallone voicing him too unlike with Arnold and the Terminator, and honestly seems he'll be more fun to play than Robocop; feels more than just another gun guy, who I expect will have some neat traps like Predator in MKX.

Kirberus

Smash Apprentice
Yearning for Scorpion not just because of the Street Fighter vs Mortal Kombat vs King of Fighters dream matchup but also the fact Terminator, Alien and Predator would exist in the Smash universe.

Matadormon

Smash Apprentice
Yearning for Scorpion not just because of the Street Fighter vs Mortal Kombat vs King of Fighters dream matchup but also the fact Terminator, Alien and Predator would exist in the Smash universe.
I mean, Viridi DID acknowledged the Marvel vs Capcom games. It wouldn’t surprise me if she does the same thing to Scorpion. Where she will probably reference Batman (although in a different way).

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Except, the KI codec thing isn't done for DLC characters...

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
OK seeing as Friendships are back; and people seem to love them... why not having the Friendship being the Final Smash?

The idea is the following, as Scorpion is about to activate his Final Smash; we hear the "Finish Him/Her/Them" voice. As that happens, the screen zooms it at Scorpion as he launches his infamous spear. He yells "get over here" and while it seems he will drag whomever his spear will meet as it travels; truth is it went after the giant teddy bear!

However, as the bear heads onto Scorpion; it creates a press-like movement, as it crushes all those "poor souls" who got in the way of the yellow and black ninja, and his beloved teddy bear. Causing major damage to characters with low percent damage, and launching off the stage all of those with a huge damage percent!

Let us watch Scorpion´s Friendship video.

Let´s say Scorpion is fighting Luigi, Simon and Ness at Hyrule Temple.

Scorpion has broken the Smash Ball. And so he proceeds to activate his Final Smash as seen in 0:00.

Luigi and Simon are in front of him. Ness is far away, basically it is a FS with similar works as most of those from the Fire Emblem people.

0:01 Scorpion has launched his spear, says "Get Over Here!", the spear travels across Luigi and Simon, but instead of getting impaled and dragged by it, they are surprised nothing happened, but as they try to look around in their wonder... 0:02, here comes a huge teddy bear towards them, it takes them violently towards Scorpion at a great speed. Luigi originally had 17% damage, this causes for him to rise it to 54% and Simon was around 89%, giving him way more damage, enough for an instant K.O. and launching him off stage. Since Ness was not anywhere around in the path of the bear, of course nothing happens to him.

Simon is gone, Luigi has received high damage, all while Scorpion holds his treasured bear.

Anyway, hope that was clear.
That is a pretty clever way around it

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Rambo being a survivalist does fit in MK. Not much more differently than some of the powerless kombatants there's been over the years. Also, son of a *****, I shouldn't have jumped the gun about buying the PS4 package deal on a discount.

Also, hasn't it been established by now that Boon openly messes with his fans? :troll:

Except, the KI codec thing isn't done for DLC characters...
I know, but it’s more of an if situation.
Seeing as Scorpion most likely wouldn't show up until Smash 6 (at best) anyway, it seems fair game to assume it.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
First the Aftermath bundle and now MK11 ultimate edition... Never being an early adopter of an NRS game again.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Ironically, Capcom has been more consumer friendly now with Street Fighter 5 with all the discounts and things. How the tables have turned.

MK11? Take a $40 leap of faith for a two hour story add-on.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2...mortal_kombat_11_wouldnt_be_nintendo-friendly

Seeing as they were worried about MK11 being accepted for the Switch at all, I'm not sure how Smash negotiations would start with that in mind.
Warner would be the ones asked by Nintendo, though. Warner was worried, but it's on the Switch beyond their worrying for years now, so it doesn't seem like an issue to me. Hell did you even read the article? They wanted it.

One of the executives there was meeting with me and showing me the game, and we were playing it, and he looks at me and he says, ‘Scott, are you sure Nintendo wants this game on Nintendo Switch?’ And I said, ‘Yes, we absolutely want this game.’

"He was concerned because it’s a mature-rated title that it wouldn’t be Nintendo-friendly. But clearly after seeing the first month’s worth of sales and see it be the number one game on the platform, it shows that yes, there is an audience. There’s an audience for lots of different types of content on the platform, and this was a big success.”

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
All that's left now is dealing with CERO and their issues with decapitations (no relation to Smash, obviously). Supposedly PC games in Japan aren't rated by them, yet Warner Bros. apparently haven't tried that route for MK.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Not trying to sound typical but do you think Disney would approve the idea of having Sora fight Scorpion?

Top Bottom