• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TOASTYYYYYYYYY! Scorpion for Smash!

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Ironically, Scorpion has to be a thing in Smash because MK's first game was a 2D fighter with a block button. & Smash is a 2D fighter with a block button.

But what would be a good recovery/anti-air/Up-B move for Scorps? I was thinking he could borrow a hellfire version of Cage's Shadow Uppercut, Or that move Scorpion had in Shaolin Monks where he lunges in the air & performs his MK2 air throw to the opponent upon contact.(I know, falcon dive imitado) https://youtu.be/e3EWQLYg0kg?t=5
I like the idea of utilizing the air throw. It could be a weak through so the opponent isn't just chucked into oblivion if he catches someone. I also don't see it covering much ground either since he would have his teleport change up his recover and his spear to tether as well.

UserKev

Smash Champion
I like the idea of utilizing the air throw. It could be a weak through so the opponent isn't just chucked into oblivion if he catches someone. I also don't see it covering much ground either since he would have his teleport change up his recover and his spear to tether as well.
It was a well thought out post tho at least, that went back and dug out potential Scorpion recoveries from past MK titles. If creative, Scorpion has some nice workable recoveries that can really make for some spicy twists, the topic in its self is hype.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I kinda just have this mental image where Scorpion uses his final smash on a character like Isabelle and Villager and the narrator goes "friendship" instead of "Fatality"

UserKev

Smash Champion
Anyway, if no one else wants to be the new owner of this thread, I'll take it even if I may still need help with the op. :shades:

Yo, SuperDoom, I got you!

Ih8heels

Smash Cadet
I'm surprised Arnie even allows his likeness to be used at that.

The MK1/MK2 actors, barring Divizio, Marquez, & Parrish(& Carlos to an extent) were up in arms about their likeness being used without their consent in the home console ports that were distributed by Acclaim, Probe, etc. That's what attributed to such a drastic change in the characters appearance circa MK3.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

The MK1/MK2 actors, barring Divizio, Marquez, & Parrish(& Carlos to an extent) were up in arms about their likeness being used without their consent in the home console ports that were distributed by Acclaim, Probe, etc. That's what attributed to such a drastic change in the characters appearance circa MK3.
Being fair, with how much of an household name MK is these days and how damn accurate and passionate they've been with guests since MKX, it's kind of easy to see how Arnie would be okay with his likeness being used.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Being fair, with how much of an household name MK is these days and how damn accurate and passionate they've been with guests since MKX, it's kind of easy to see how Arnie would be okay with his likeness being used.
Plus he's still fairer than Tom Cruise in that domain. :4pacman:

Not that anyone would expect Ethan Hunt in MK regardless, but still.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
So Scorpion actor found for the MK movie reboot... Shame about Tagawa apparently not coming back as Shang Tsung though.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/...scorpion-chin-han-hiroyuki-sanada-1203315673/

At least they got someone actually Japanese for playing Scorpion, but of course they don't care about the other characters' nationalities as much, given who they have playing Mileena that may as well be Jade... Though to be fair, Kano wasn't complete Australian before the first MK movie.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Though to be fair, Kano wasn't complete Australian before the first MK movie.
IIRC, he wasn't even Australian at all before the first movie; he was half-Japanese, half-American

Which just proves that nationality isn't exactly their first thought beyond "which world they're from" for their characters; they just go with whatever they feel like doing.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Gimmick-Hater

Smash Apprentice
Well, It looks like Scorpion won't be making it if the leaks are true. Perhaps next time. At least I have MK 11's DLC to look forward to (not a fan of Joker though).

UserKev

Smash Champion
Anyone just really want a leak with Scorpion now? I would absolutely love the rich controversy :chuckle:

Ih8heels

Smash Cadet
Since SNK is putting their characters as guests in almost all famous fighting games, do you think the SNK virus will hit Netherrealm as well?

The only viable SNK characters that can be featured in Mortal Kombat would have to be a Metal Slug rep.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Now that the SNES app for Switch is officially out, would be nice if the ports of the first Mortal Kombat's on there by Acclaim were added among some of the 3rd party titles, though not getting my hopes up. Even bloodless MK1 was still fun and playable, and if they had online...

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Where does it say more characters on the way?

If this is true, then Scorpion is definitely getting over here.
I won't say he's a lock, but he's still in the running. It'd be neat to be able to have a three-way fight between him, Ryu and Terry; a kind of clash of fighting titans if you will.

UserKev

Smash Champion
It'd be tragic if Scorpion doesn't get into Ultimate, even if his odds would suggest otherwise. Idk. This NEEDS to be his time. Its now or nay.

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Tbh, there could still be more Switch support on NRS/WB's part when it comes to MK. Sure, MK11 on there is a start, but they could easily have remasters or ports of the first three games, or maybe MK9 and MKX ported on there. I don't know, just something more. Compared to Doom's whole library being on the Switch at this point, MK's presence on it is laughable. Also vexing being reminded that an HD remake of the MK trilogy was cancelled not once, but twice...

If Scorpion got in Smash I'd still rejoice, but he doesn't have the best going for him.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Really hoping Scorpion (preferably with his Klassic design from the 1990s) will get in Smash now that I have Ryu and Terry.

My goodness, I really like fighting games from the 1990s. Street Fighter, Fatal Fury, and Mortal Kombat were some of my favorites. I loved playing them with my brother and cousins.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Man, imagine the reaction all those 90's kids would have had if they knew Ryu and Terry would be going up against the likes of Mario, Sonic, Simon Belmont and Mega Man. Hopefully Scorpion can make it in and complete the trinity of big 90's fighters.

Downshift

Smash Journeyman
Banjo & Kazooie's "Breegull Bash" move is more violent than anything Scorpion has ever done.

ProudNintendofan

Smash Apprentice
Imagine if we got characters from MK, SC, Tekken, KI and VF? Every big fighting game franchise would be represented in Smash.

Ih8heels

Smash Cadet
Oh I remember. lee's forced abortion stomach punch & the toads slamming them by their hair not before kicking them in their back.

Instead of Toasty Fatality being the final smash, how about Scorpion's final smash being his "Multality" from Shaolin Monks? it can hit multiple opponents. Or he can break the Smash Ultimate rules & have a transformation final smash(Inferno Scorpion)

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Huh. Kinda forgot Inferno Scoprion was a thing, though Shaolin Monks was a non-canon spinoff, but fun and had all the right kinds of fanservice at the time. Shame a sequel, followup, or spiritual successor of some kind to it never happened, despite fans badly wanting it to this day. Midway's death is to blame for it in part, but still.

AntagonisticGalaxyCetacea

Smash Journeyman
As someone that's cool with Scorpion, I can only see him being DLC if Sakurai just wants every major fighting game to be represented in Smash.

Otherwise, I feel his chances are low.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
I think he has a little more going for him than that, but I do understand that he really isn't the most-likely character. Still, even seemingly less-likely characters made it in, so there's no harm in hoping.

UserKev

Smash Champion
I think he has a little more going for him than that, but I do understand that he really isn't the most-likely character. Still, even seemingly less-likely characters made it in, so there's no harm in hoping.
Imagine how sick it would be if Scorpion just "Break all the barriers". I feel like he's really anonymous with the on going Fighters Pass. The reveal will be a dream its self.

Top Bottom