• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toad Town Cinemas - The Peach Video Thread

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I'll organize this by player and such.

Just dump videos and such and i'll include them in the OP.

Let's show people what Peach can do, shall we?

Cia

das kwl
O thanks :D

i'd honestly forgotten about this thread or this forum even since there's hardly any activity. But Peach v DK is a match up I've been good at since I used to play Bum in melee all the time.

Babatunde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BABS!
3DS FC
2938-7558-8507
Hopefully i can get vids of me playing so i can show my PM Peach in this thread and help with activity, she's just too good in this game and i wanna show it as well :D

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Here's some vids of me and another Peach player in my region that goes by the name of Jemz:http://www.twitch.tv/legendoflux/b/494554445
The first match is Jemz vs. Strong Bad :warioc:.
7:38 is me vs. Mvmt :zeldamelee:
23:24 me vs. 420Quikscope:roypm:
1:00:52 me vs. Bonds :mewtwopm:
I welcome any constructive criticism, I've only recently decided to main Peach, I played Bowser for the last year or so.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Can anyone with a not so crappy computer tell me why i get bopped by falcon plox~?
http://www.twitch.tv/smashstudios/b/498157204
03:10:14 is me vs iori
04:36:45 is me vs J00t
Ok, so here's some stuff I noticed.
-You roll and spot-dodge a lot. I know Peach's WD sucks but use it, it's still faster than rolling, as for spot-dodging sometimes holding shield and either buffering a roll or WD OoS are better alternatives.
-It seemed like you were kind of just blindly rushing in with dash attacks. Sure Peach's dash attack is good but you need to mix up your approach and pay attention to what your opponent is doing to see if it's safe to approach, against Iori there were quite a few times where you just ran straight into an attack. In fact you were going really hard in general, try to take your time especially with a character like Peach who excels at punishing.
-IMPORTANT: Glide Toss! There were quite a few situations where your opponents had you trapped in shield while you were holding a turnip you could've escaped all of those situations by glide tossing the turnip at them.
-Don't recover high against Falcon, doing so is just asking to get kneed.

Babatunde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BABS!
3DS FC
2938-7558-8507
I still don't know the concept of "Buffering" yet, what is it in general?

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
If it was explained to me correctly then if you use the c-stick to roll while in shield, you will roll at the earliest possible frame.

Babatunde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BABS!
3DS FC
2938-7558-8507
I think i get buffering as a whole now. Correct me if im wrong but it's if you do an action then input another one within the last 10 frames of the move you just did, you do the next move as early as possible?

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
@ Babatunde Babatunde that's what it is in Brawl, it's basically the same concept, but in Melee and PM buffering only applies to rolling, spot-dodging, and shield-dropping rather than every action.

Carinca

Smash Rookie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kuy580y1Y34
Here is a matchup between Taj's Mewtwo and Silly Kyle's Peach.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bhmm6CSqYXc

Here is a video of Taj's Mewtwo and Armada's Peach in melee.

Seems like this one is a turnip toss up between the two... I was just looking at the changes to project M from melee and Mewtwo got a LOT more than Peach did. Hmmmm.

I noticed that more patient approaches and spacing may be rewarded, but I don't have the experience to comment on the play yet.

Silly Kyle's Peach used a lot of Dair approaches while Armada used mostly Fair. Both used a good amount of turnips.

Thoughts? Comments?

Last edited:

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Last edited:

Jmanthedragonguy

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I'm just wondering how you guys go about posting your videos. Do you somehow upload the replays, or what other technologies do I need to upload my videos.
Also, a somewhat related question. I play PM on a hackless wii, and it seems a common thing that the replay system is all messed up. It registers all the inputs I do, but it isn't synced properly so the character randomly SD's and stuff. Anyone know how to fix this?

_Keno_

Smash Lord
http://www.twitch.tv/hsvasl/b/596797712 at 8:58:20

Me (peach) vs pikachad (mario) (that one guy who beat m2k at big5 last year).

After this first match, I dont like how much peach's fair can decay and how DI-able it is into corners. The angle need to be sharper or she cant reliably kill with it

Edit: I would personally mute it as the commentators aren't incredibly knowledgeable or good. Also there are some lag spike since it was a stream.

Last edited:

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Top Bottom