• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toad/Captain Toad for Smash, Toad Brigade Assemble!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
When it comes to Toad alts, people are sleeping on Kinopio-kun
hes got a vast number of alts himself

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Mario Golf: Super Rush just dropped this overview.

To my genuine surprise no Toadette, but we do see Toad's super shot here.

Perhaps they'll do the same thing as Aces and add additional characters at a later point.

It's rather possible, considering the select screen. Also, Charging Chuck and King Bob-Omb.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
anyone else feel that they wing it after they add all the usual suspects to a mario roster?
I'm never going to be down on King Bob-Omb being a more regular character personally, but there has been some oddball picks overall.

Diddy and Toadette missing feels like the pair of big omissions to me.

No Koopa Troopa, Kamek or Birdo is a little surprising too when we have a Charging Chuck.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I'm never going to be down on King Bob-Omb being a more regular character personally, but there has been some oddball picks overall.

Diddy and Toadette missing feels like the pair of big omissions to me.

No Koopa Troopa, Kamek or Birdo is a little surprising too when we have a Charging Chuck.
when you say down is that for or against?

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
when you say down is that for or against?
Personally I'm Pro King Bob-Omb. I'm for him. In Mario titles anyway. Don't want him in Smash outside assist trophy at most, but I like him as a playable option in say Mario Kart, Tennis, Party, Golf, etc.

I like his design and would like to see him on Mario sports rosters more similar to the treatment King Boo, Petey Piranha and Dry Bowser have gotten over the years.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Personally I'm Pro King Bob-Omb. I'm for him. In Mario titles anyway. Don't want him in Smash outside assist trophy at most, but I like him as a playable option in say Mario Kart, Tennis, Party, Golf, etc.

I like his design and would like to see him on Mario sports rosters more similar to the treatment King Boo, Petey Piranha and Dry Bowser have gotten over the years.
im with you on that one

Dan

Smash Lord

Mario Golf: Super Rush just dropped this overview.

To my genuine surprise no Toadette, but we do see Toad's super shot here.

Perhaps they'll do the same thing as Aces and add additional characters at a later point.
This trailer absolutely blew me away. Speed Golf looks like Mario Kart Golf on-foot, and the story mode is like an open-world RPG. I could see myself sinking massive hours here.

anyone else feel that they wing it after they add all the usual suspects to a mario roster?
I think it's an intentional decision for them to have the core cast and then a couple oddball picks to keep it interesting.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Let's move on from Kinopio-kun now, check out this leaked Fighters Pass 3
View attachment 316323
I'd unironically be hyped for most of this pass.

Obviously we got the boy we all know and love. Total speedster, gets up in the enemies face and hits like a tiny truck.
Slippy with a moveset based around traps, gizmos and gadgets from Starfox Guard would be incredibly unique and fun.
I actually know one of the Battletoad's recent game's artists IRL as we went to University together studying animation. This would make me incredibly proud.
Toady is an often forgotten Yoshi enemy...although we'd all prefer Kamek I feel.

Toad (the animal) should have been last though and replaced with Crono Trigger's Frog for a better joke IMO.

Reactions: Dan

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
What would a Toad/Captain Toad themed Spirit Board look like?
well it would potentially feature many things from treasure tracker, mummy-me, flaptor, wingo etc. of course theres using sprites from wario's woods and if needed the could even use various toad characters from across the series

Laniv

Smash Lord
well it would potentially feature many things from treasure tracker, mummy-me, flaptor, wingo etc. of course theres using sprites from wario's woods and if needed the could even use various toad characters from across the series
Yeah, I could see them dipping into Wario's Woods to fill out a board

a quick check of smashwiki tells me that draggadon isn't a spirit for some reason so there's a legend-class spirit right there

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, I could see them dipping into Wario's Woods to fill out a board

a quick check of smashwiki tells me that draggadon isn't a spirit for some reason so there's a legend-class spirit right there
or have draggadon be an 3 star spirit that evolves into gold draggadon which is a legend

Laniv

Smash Lord
Interesting: someone at Nintendo actually responded to a fan asking for Captain Toad to be playable in Smash Bros.

It's nice to see fans still carrying on support for our favorite fungus!

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Interesting: someone at Nintendo actually responded to a fan asking for Captain Toad to be playable in Smash Bros.

Well damn. This is probably the closest thing to acknowledgement Captain Toad's ever had in regards to Smash.

Probably doesn't mean much, but it's nice to see it's not just like six of us wanting him.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483

This might be our biggest win on our side after all these years regarding pushing Captain Toad on Smash... a small step and perhaps insignificant milestone in grand scheme of things right now, but it's still something, ngl.

I ponder sometimes on if we'll see Captain in the next installment... if we even get to be that lucky?

Though I assume most would have moved on from Smash in means of speculation and personal satisfaction, mainly with what Ultimate brought them. :p

jreed3842

Smash Apprentice
send for the picture of hawkeye saying "dont give me hope"
Oof. I feel ya on that. I stop by this thread quite often, but my hope for Toad (and/or The Captain) died quite awhile ago so I just haven’t been active in this thread for awhile.
But that news was really nice to see and definitely made me smile... and perhaps a spark of hope again?

I’m always rooting for our boy! But I don’t dare get my hopes up again.

Top Bottom