• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toad/Captain Toad for Smash, Toad Brigade Assemble!

Lenidem

Smash Lord
i think the internet abandoned trying to be funny a very long time ago
The thing is, this is worse than not funny. This is cruel. If you've been waiting for this kind of game, even if you know the date, your first reaction will be joy. Then disappointment. So, no thanks.

Dan

Smash Lord
This. It is BS that they didn't even put Super Mario Galaxy 2 in this collection. Why would they do that for? Are they hoping to make it DLC or to remake it?
They felt it was unnecessary cause Mario 64 and Sunshine didn't get sequels... it's a weird perfectionist/imperfectionist thing that I don't know how to describe lol. They are definitely not making it DLC or remaking it... 0 chance of DLC considering you can't even buy the collection anymore.

But we're all old (I'm assuming). If you're a young kid who doesn't even know what Mario 64 is and you get this collection then it's great. I was that demographic for the original All-Stars... well then again, that compilation had great effort put into it. It's just amazing how much more they tried in a more technologically-deficient age. I'm gonna cut myself off here before I start getting nostalgic over the '90s lol.

hump? you people disappoint me
What?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
They felt it was unnecessary cause Mario 64 and Sunshine didn't get sequels... it's a weird perfectionist/imperfectionist thing that I don't know how to describe lol. They are definitely not making it DLC or remaking it... 0 chance of DLC considering you can't even buy the collection anymore.

But we're all old (I'm assuming). If you're a young kid who doesn't even know what Mario 64 is and you get this collection then it's great. I was that demographic for the original All-Stars... well then again, that compilation had great effort put into it. It's just amazing how much more they tried in a more technologically-deficient age. I'm gonna cut myself off here before I start getting nostalgic over the '90s lol.

What?
the desert was awesome

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I kinda wish Nintendo would remake Super Mario 3D Land for the Switch... maybe add Peach, Toad, and Rosalina as playable characters since they already have the models and everything from Super Mario 3D World.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
So Super Mario-Kun finally got it's first official English speaking release in the form of "Super Mario Manga Mania", and I decided to treat myself by picking it up.

It's a gag manga full of silly puns and jokes and Mario/Luigi/Yoshi/Toad...heck, even Peach at one point getting absolutely brutalised against bad guys until the eventually win, with scenarios based on all of Mario's past adventures.

That got me curious, and low behold, yes...Wario's Woods got an adaption. Sadly(but understandably) that isn't part of this initial manga release which is a collection of chapters from across plenty of adventures, but found this on the blog of warelander warelander (who I hope doesn't mind me sharing these pics from their blog found here):

Wario's Woods 1.png

Wario's Woods 2.png

Yes, you saw correctly!
Toad just summoned a sword with heroic willpower to defeat DEATH ITSELF (okay it's Seizer from Wario's Woods NES, but he's basically the Grim Reaper).

Someone send this to Sakurai, quickly. Toad is officially a swordsman, now there's no excuse now for him not to be in the fighter pass vol 2, Sakurai.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
So Super Mario-Kun finally got it's first official English speaking release in the form of "Super Mario Manga Mania", and I decided to treat myself by picking it up.

It's a gag manga full of silly puns and jokes and Mario/Luigi/Yoshi/Toad...heck, even Peach at one point getting absolutely brutalised against bad guys until the eventually win, with scenarios based on all of Mario's past adventures.

That got me curious, and low behold, yes...Wario's Woods got an adaption. Sadly(but understandably) that isn't part of this initial manga release which is a collection of chapters from across plenty of adventures, but found this on the blog of warelander warelander (who I hope doesn't mind me sharing these pics from their blog found here):

View attachment 310331
View attachment 310332

Yes, you saw correctly!
Toad just summoned a sword with heroic willpower to defeat DEATH ITSELF (okay it's Seizer from Wario's Woods NES, but he's basically the Grim Reaper).

Someone send this to Sakurai, quickly. Toad is officially a swordsman, now there's no excuse now for him not to be in the fighter pass vol 2, Sakurai.
well now he'll just make the Toad costume a swordfighter...

warelander

Smash Journeyman

View attachment 310331
View attachment 310332

Yes, you saw correctly!

I don't mind at all, I share this stuff so as many as possible can see it!

My favorite part of the whole adaption and it's very much made to be Toad's big moment of heroism, overcoming his fears and saving everyone. It's so good.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
hey treasure tracker is the 31st best selling switch game. not bad
I saw Super Mario 3D World made it to 16th too.

Helps get him some attention at least.

Sequel when though?
Given the fact that Bowser's Fury happened, I could actually see a Treasure Tracker 2 happening in the near future. At least, that's what I'm hoping for.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
ok then.

now what?
Will it into existence.

(But genuinely, it's a pretty cool idea.)

I always liked the concept of visiting Mario locales in Captain Toad, since the game occasionally dipped it's toes into the concept.

We had the Donkey Kong classic based level, the 3D World levels of the original and the Odyssey levels for the Switch and 3DS version. Because the gameplay is so vastly opposite between classic Mario gameplay and Captain Toad gameplay it'd allow us to revisit those worlds with fresh eyes and new puzzles.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Will it into existence.

(But genuinely, it's a pretty cool idea.)

I always liked the concept of visiting Mario locales in Captain Toad, since the game occasionally dipped it's toes into the concept.

We had the Donkey Kong classic based level, the 3D World levels of the original and the Odyssey levels for the Switch and 3DS version. Because the gameplay is so vastly opposite between classic Mario gameplay and Captain Toad gameplay it'd allow us to revisit those worlds with fresh eyes and new puzzles.
delfino plaza and good egg galaxy would be welcome for captain toad 2

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
if you think memes are fun then i can only assume you have never seen anything actually funny in your life and may be incapable of laughing
Let’s not get elitist over comedy, now. Humor is subjective, many people like memes, it’s ok if you don’t but no need to try and make others shut up about them or feel stupid/bad over it.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Let’s not get elitist over comedy, now. Humor is subjective, many people like memes, it’s ok if you don’t but no need to try and make others shut up about them or feel stupid/bad over it.
hey they were the one who decided to troll

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Some slight Toad related news too today:

mario-kart-tour-8217-s-cat-tour-now-live-features-cat-peach-and-cat-blue-toad-UUI_uRlCFl4.jpg

Cat Toad(and Cat Peach) is back in the spotlight over on Mario Kart Tour. Pull on Pipe 2 for a chance to obtain the cutie.

It ain't much, but it's something!

One other pipe also contains a bunch of rare drivers including Explorer Toadette and Party Time Toad, but be warned this is NOT a spotlight pipe meaning you're not guaranteed to find them even if you empty the dang thing.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I hate to say it... you may've created the thread, but you don't run the forum.
which is why i asked politely

admitbly i snapped when that was met with a meme and im sorry for that. but from my perspective i looked like trolling

so ill ask again please dont, theres plenty of other things we share and discuss

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'd suggest just taking the stuff to PM's and invite a Moderator of this forum to discuss it. That way we can get back on-topic and it'll resolve the issue further. :)

-------------

...I legit can't think of much else to say, but damn, Toad has a lot of potential recolors. Whether references to the colors of the various Paper Mario characters or otherwise.

Captain Toad also does too. Though Toadette and Captain Toadette are kind of weird, since unlike Toad and Captain Toad, are literally the same person(so akin to Mario and Dr. Mario), but could arguably have very unique movesets, or you could have Toad with a Toadette alt(new voice clips too of course!), and Captain Toad and Captain Toadette as alts in the same way. Not that either have to be alts either, but they do fit the general costume rules. I'd still prefer all 4 as separate characters, though~

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
I'd suggest just taking the stuff to PM's and invite a Moderator of this forum to discuss it. That way we can get back on-topic and it'll resolve the issue further. :)

-------------

...I legit can't think of much else to say, but damn, Toad has a lot of potential recolors. Whether references to the colors of the various Paper Mario characters or otherwise.

Captain Toad also does too. Though Toadette and Captain Toadette are kind of weird, since unlike Toad and Captain Toad, are literally the same person(so akin to Mario and Dr. Mario), but could arguably have very unique movesets, or you could have Toad with a Toadette alt(new voice clips too of course!), and Captain Toad and Captain Toadette as alts in the same way. Not that either have to be alts either, but they do fit the general costume rules. I'd still prefer all 4 as separate characters, though~
When it comes to Toad alts, people are sleeping on Kinopio-kun

Top Bottom