• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toad/Captain Toad for Smash, Toad Brigade Assemble!

jreed3842

Smash Apprentice
I have as well. I enjoyed it when it first came out. But it wasn’t able to hold my interest for that long.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I still login time to time. Toad's got three versions of him now; regular, Pit crew(which is Blue Toad really) and a New Years skin.

...despite saving all my 'rubies' up, I could not obtain either of these special Toads in this gacha hell, nor any other 'rare' racer.

Say what you will about Fire Emblem, but at least Heroes is a somewhat more enjoyable experience than Tour.

In other news; Toad and the rest of the Mario gang have appeared in this odd crossover with Charli XCX advertising Super Nintendo World which is getting launched NEXT SUMMER:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I still login time to time. Toad's got three versions of him now; regular, Pit crew(which is Blue Toad really) and a New Years skin.

...despite saving all my 'rubies' up, I could not obtain either of these special Toads in this gacha hell, nor any other 'rare' racer.

Say what you will about Fire Emblem, but at least Heroes is a somewhat more enjoyable experience than Tour.

In other news; Toad and the rest of the Mario gang have appeared in this odd crossover with Charli XCX advertising Super Nintendo World which is getting launched NEXT SUMMER:
I can agree with heroes. Summoning is way cheaper, orbs (what you summon with) are easy to get, and the rarest things have higher chances of appearing than in tour

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

well i cant speak for heroes but there are other gatcha games, like dragalia lost, that are better due to the fact that the game isnt set up that you do better with certain characters in certain places and therefore making it better if you get spending in game currency

FancySmash

Smash Lord

Heck, even say what you want about Super Mario Run, it but it also wasn't gacha.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
have we talked about the satellaview game satella-q? yes i am just looking for a reason to bump this

Laniv

Smash Lord
so let's say it was normal, non-captain toad that got in

would you prefer a moveset themed around:

1. Mario power-ups (uses various power-ups to fight, taking them from hammerspace when he needs)
2. Mushrooms (placing and bouncing on mushrooms, and putting them on foes' head to drain their health)
3. Brick blocks (placing, moving and destroying blocks to control the stage)

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

1. Mario power-ups (uses various power-ups to fight, taking them from hammerspace when he needs)
2. Mushrooms (placing and bouncing on mushrooms, and putting them on foes' head to drain their health)
i would take anything, though i think id prefer power ups

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I never bothered to get it.

I am just waiting for the inevitable Mario Kart 9.
it had some of the mario kart charm but it was kind of polluted by some of the more irritable aspects of mobile gaming, plus the controls left a little to be desired

waiting for MK9 was probably the best plan

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
it had some of the mario kart charm but it was kind of polluted by some of the more irritable aspects of mobile gaming, plus the controls left a little to be desired

waiting for MK9 was probably the best plan
Sadly Mario Kart Tour is an embarassment, especially compared to how Crash Nitro Fueled gets updated. Even MK8 fails pretty hard in comparision roster wise as well, and making costumes their own characters rather than skins.

The fact even Kamek isn't in MK yet despite being cut in MK64, and possibly 8 as well based on an icon is just sad.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Sadly Mario Kart Tour is an embarassment, especially compared to how Crash Nitro Fueled gets updated. Even MK8 fails pretty hard in comparision roster wise as well, and making costumes their own characters rather than skins.

The fact even Kamek isn't in MK yet despite being cut in MK64, and possibly 8 as well based on an icon is just sad.
i wouldnt know ive never played crash racing

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman

Mushrooms. It's something truly unique to the big T that you just couldn't do with, say, Mario, Peach, Waluigi or Yoshi.
Though, I'd generally be fine with any of these.

Last edited:

Oddball

Smash Lord

1 sounds the best option to me.

Eh, I'll accept a fighting toad when one gets legs.

...like that SMB3 Sprite.

I'd rather Toad not have legs thank you. They look weird.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
you sound like on of the chosen toads
I have been off training under the master and learning his wise teachings, hence my disappearance. I'll be honest it was mostly gobbledegook about trusting the fungus or how to save my game.

All three do suit Toad. Brick Blocks sounds a bit like my Captain's pull switch or Mario Maker 2 inspired which I like and feel would be most fun but power ups and shrooms will feel more quintessentially Toad to most Smash fans.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace

He can even rival the raw energy of Front Facing Mario.
Dear lord, his arms are short!

Maybe I just want anatomy and proportions to make sense. You can't compare Toad of Kirby, you just can't. Kirby is... a "wild card." And odduck that he is.

Would is really hurt to have the Toads have children bodies? They are called "Kinopio"(mushroom boy) in Japan after all.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Maybe I just want anatomy and proportions to make sense. You can't compare Toad of Kirby, you just can't. Kirby is... a "wild card." And odduck that he is.
you against all non humanoid characters then? i dont see why a race of mushroom people should make sense

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
Dear lord, his arms are short!

Would is really hurt to have the Toads have children bodies? They are called "Kinopio"(mushroom boy) in Japan after all.
Only one Toad can end this unfair opression.

Last edited:
Top Bottom